BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

Those of you voting Portal are making a huge mistake. Unless I am very much mistaken, he is completely innocent. Let's try to prevent any more innocent bloodshed.

INNOCENT?! ...Bloodshed? No, no, I can't agree with that all. You would claim there are still innocent beings alive! Such a notion is laughable. Want to know why?

THE INNOCENTS ARE ALREADY DEAD! As is the concept of innocence. No such concept exists to these bloodied minds. Bloodshed is all they know and all they have ever known. Were they to comprehend it, their minds might melt into a mush! That is if the concept were still alive, which, as I have stated already, it is not. How did it get killed? Nobody knows, but in all likelihood it never existed here, thus it has always been dead, never to be brought to life. Or the formerly-living and currently-living who only knew and know bloodshed. But when people do try to bring such a concept to minds foreign to it, such as these bloodied minds... it is very suspicious indeed! It is as if you have a death wish. Calling oneself 'innocent', if they were to truly understand the concept, is understandable and also a sure-fire way to put you at the top of a corpse heap (well, most of the time). What is not understandable? Calling another innocent! A different being, a different body... a different motive! Suspicious indeed. What kind of person would prioritise another's survival? The group of enemies, or the disconnected and disorganised who are complicit in the many lynchings leading to their own demise? Definitely not the lone and experienced killer who wants to remove both a group of murderers and the group of minds who nothing but to lynch every one at the slightest hint of guilt.

You have all willingly been complicit in the lynching of each other. For none of you know what innocence is, only that one can be guilty and not guilty - but guilty later or earlier. Then, when you are to be put in the noose... you protest against your own lynching, orchestrated by none other than yourselves in your own habits of self-destruction. But it matters not - you are already guilty - because you willingly lynched your own allies. And so you are either blind or a traitor, or blind to your own betrayal, or perhaps you have betrayed yourself and the people you are meant to help, though not on the obvious level. Anyone who betrays the people they are meant to help is a fool regardless. And that is what I am! A fool!  I have always been one, though nobody has ever outright stated that a fool cannot learn from their own experience (at least not to my knowledge). You are guilty. I am guilty. I don't claim to be an exception to the bloodshed. I have lynched my allies and betrayed my fellow killers. Even within the past few weeks I myself have pushed for the lynching of those revealed not guilty. As have you all. Whether you do so out of your own bloodshed-focused minds or intentional malice, it definitely matters little. The former is fool, the latter is a killer. A killer can kill a fool but a fool can't fool a killer. Yet both are guilty of killing in cold blood. Innocence, as stated at least twice now, is a concept foreign to us all. Can we truly believe that someone is forever innocent of crime? Probably not. We'd think the innocent in question would use that to their advantage, to further their own goals, and so they become guilty to our minds. Innocence is easily warped into guilt by a bloodied mind. Guilt has been known so long that innocence has been forgotten, that it is unfathomable that somebody might not have killed someone intentionally. To a guilty mind, guilt is also all they know - they are always feeling guilt - so when something seems like it may not be guilty... it becomes a target and an enemy.  Nobody is innocent. If they were, they'd be dead already. Not that such a distinction would matter amongst us. We'd lynch them just as quickly given the right circumstances and desperation. And because of that, by claiming another player different to yourself to be innocent, you are condemning them, betraying them - they become a target for the enemy, and your allies with bloodied minds alike. So why throw their innocence out into the open? 

After all, Quisoves... you know a bloodied mind just as well as I do, don't you? You've killed your own allies and walked on the road to your own undoing, as I have, have you not? You've claimed the innocence of another to seemingly nothing but suspicion, just as I did? You're convinced of another player's guilt, just as I and many others were, are you not? We're not that different, Quisoves.  Just that I was dead before I ever got a chance to be alive, and you've been alive the whole time. I was a villager, a matoran concerned with nothing but the lynching of those I considered guilty  (which, as stated, is everyone). You are much the same, are you not? You hope people think you're innocent, much as anyone does, correct, though we know innocence is a foreign concept to most of us? Death is not something you want to come to anyone you ally with, correct? The earlier question of throwing your own ally, possibly friend's, innocence out into the open remains a question, and yes, I am a hypocrite because I did much the same, but that didn't mean I didn't learn from it. 

Now there's one last question, Pugnat.... choose a word to describe yourself, and answer honestly. Honesty is one of the first steps you can take on the road to innocence. Likewise, dishonesty is one of the first steps you can take on the road to guilt. Or perhaps you can answer dishonestly. After all, it's your choice to make, not mine. I don't decide whether you answer falsely or not, because that is simply the choice of yours to make, preceding this one. These are the two words I give to you to describe yourself: Innocence... and Guilt.

---------

And the rest of you... all are guilty. Because innocence is impossible among us. But I do wish good luck - perhaps some of you may survive. Perhaps none of you survive. Perhaps, for some unknown reason, you all survive. It's for you to decide - are you willing to lead yourselves to your own destruction, your own achievement, or content with remaining as is and becoming stagnant? I wonder what will happen now. You've already condemned one of yourselves to a needless death... luck hopes it's the one you call the Drifter for all but the Drifter themself. But would a host as exquisite as Voltex allow that? I would think not - it was the village and the Mafia that voted for the innocents, and in doing so they have offered a sacrifice to Voltex! How kind of them. Who will it be, will it be a fitting end for them? They'll be joining the likes of me, RG, Xaeraz, as well as those not saved by the constant such as Burnmad and Blade, soon enough. Welcome to the dead land, soon-to-be-dead. We're having a party to celebrate your joining inside the heap. Extra special if it's Chro that gets offered. I'll tell you, the food here is amazing, surprisingly enough for a giant heap of rotting corpses. Our corpses. Kinda morbid to think about, so don't think about it too much when you do join us at the party inside the heap.

• Upvote 6

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

well then

i almost wish i was dead now, then i'd have an excuse to make posts like that

how sad

but hey, QP's being kinda suspicious with his insistence that Portal is innocent, so.. I vote QP, then. 

and besides, it's Voltex

Voltex lies

and Voltex loves his RNG

so

Zakaro

Yeah, because insiting on someone's innocence is really suspicious.

Alright, I admit it, I'm a Mafioso, and Portal's the Drifter, because people's insides out+pulling upwards=space warps and evil-female-robotic laugh=Glados, argle, PORTALFIG.

Is that better? :)

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

well then

how sad

but hey, QP's being kinda suspicious with his insistence that Portal is innocent, so.. I vote QP, then. 

and besides, it's Voltex

Voltex lies

and Voltex loves his RNG

so

Zakaro

Alright, I admit it, I'm a Mafioso, and Portal's the Drifter, because people's insides out+pulling upwards=space warps and evil-female-robotic laugh=Glados, argle, PORTALFIG.

lolwut

E: In all seriousness me and QP have been allied for the past few rounds trying to figure out who the drifter is using only convoluted logic.

So that is where that comes in

But y'all are going to kill me anyways, aren't you?

*le sigh*

Edited by Protalgift
  • Upvote 4

well then

how sad

and besides, it's Voltex

Voltex lies

and Voltex loves his RNG

so

Zakaro

E: In all seriousness me and QP have been allied for the past few rounds trying to figure out who the drifter is using only convoluted logic.

Is this anything like that ridiculous "Agents of Chaos" I made up on a whim to explain why I was being completely anti-village? =P

*Snaps fingers*

Nah, not really. 

We were just like.

"Hey, let's work together because we were both Mafian in the first Phase."

So unless QP is actually Mafian again then I don't really think it is anything like that, and even then I think he would have to betray them to me? Which he certainly hasn't done, so. =P

also gosh darn it Shadowhawk didn't I just say that I thought you were innocent of being the Drifter now? *shakes fist*

also what is really funny is how I am basically confirmed not drifter because of this but you know

whatever xd

Heheheheh. Quisoves gave the exact answer I expected. 

If I had to guess, I'd say the game's now heading towards an end. But not necessarily the best one - it's too late for that. As stated before - you've already condemned yourselves too much to go backwards along the path to your own demise - all you can do is stop taking the steps towards your once-inevitable deaths and start stepping towards something resembling victory. Still possible, but with every passing day the window for victory shrinks ever more. 

You have a chance to win. That applies to all of you. For some of you, it's almost gone. Both the distance to victory and the chance of victory are lowering. They're never going to go up - it doesn't work like that (most of the time). 

The dead - ones like myself - do not care who achieves victory, as long as it is achieved. Either way, we'll be getting the newly dead while those who achieve victory celebrate in a land where life has came close to non-existence. Personally, and I'm not supposed to have feelings or emotions or whatever, since I'm dead and supposed to impartial probably, I'd support the village that I never got a chance to support before I died. Dying at the start does tend to be a bit annoying, not that I'm allowed to be annoyed being dead and all. Go and win, village. Go and win. Show that Drifter... um... who drifts the... er... drifting mafia place where people die. Also the Mafia, but they're less important right now.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

DAY THREE

Tyler limped down the hallway, cursing to himself as he desperately tried to outrun his pursuer. Up ahead was an intersection in the hallways - maybe, if he was lucky, he could lose whoever was chasing him up ahead. He stumbled and fell to his knees, pausing for a second to catch his breath before standing again.

Unfortunately, he had taken too long.

The concussion blast hit him from behind, sending him flying through the air. He landed with a pained groan, bits and pieces of his armor scattering down the different hallways away from the intersection. He slowly got to his feet, hissing as blood trickled into his eye. Tyler turned to face his attacker wearily, knowing that his time had come.

The Detective stalked forward, pulling out a shotgun and aiming it at Tyler.

“I’m innocent,” Tyler protested, blood bubbling at his lips. “I never killed Shadow Ignited! I was with Voltex!”

Still hopeful of escape, Tyler glanced around. As he did so, the trip wire that he had so conveniently been blasted over glinted in the light, just as the Detective walked right through it - and then the floor fell away, plunging them into the abyss.

As they fell, the distant ground rose up to meet them; there was a yell, and then Voltex dove into view, catching both of them in his arms and activating his gravity powers so that they could float safely to the ground. The host tossed Tyler aside and then punched the Detective, knocking their helmet clean off their face. Tyler rolled to a stop at the feet of Portal and Shadowhawk, realizing that everyone had gathered together.

“Ehks, you maniac!” Voltex snapped at the Detective. “Tyler didn’t kill Shadow Ignited! He was with me!”

“He needs to die!” Ehks protested, glaring back. “Him, Quisoves, Portal! Mafia, Mafia, Drifter! I’m telling you the truth!”

“That’s not the truth, those are all assumptions,” Voltex snapped. “You investigated Portal! He turned up innocent!”

“We already determined that the Drifter would show up that way!” Ehks shot back, drawing a pistol.

Voltex stepped forward. “Ehks, don’t you dare-”

The Detective ignored him, turning to Portal and firing once; Voltex lunged forward and tackled him as Portalfig cried out, stumbling backwards. Shadowhawk caught Portalfig and slowly lowered him to the ground; Tyler crawled over.

“Where is it?” he asked.

“The chest,” Shadowhawk replied. “It’s no use - he’s dead. Unless he’s the Drifter….”

They were interrupted as Voltex flew past them, knocking Shadowhawk away. Tyler grimly ignored the pain screaming throughout his body as he stood, glancing around the room they were in; he moved to go help Windrider, but a stray bullet sliced the side of his neck and he fell as his vision went dark.

---

Zakaro grunted as he was tossed away from Ehks by an infuriated and desperate Quisoves, and then cried out in shock as a small explosion knocked him back even further. Shaking his head to clear it as he stood to his feet, Zakaro leaned against a wall to catch his balance before turning back to the battle and freezing.

“Oh no,” he breathed.

“Oh yes,” the Drifter responded, raising a shaking hand. “A little wound from Voxumo wouldn’t stop me.”

“Why are you hunting us?” Zakaro asked. “Your plan already failed!”

“Perhaps it did,” the Drifter conceded. “But now I merely wish to survive. Is that such a crime?”

In the blink of an eye the Drifter’s hand shot forward, wrapping around Zakaro’s heartlight and crushing it. Zakaro groaned as he slowly glanced down.

“I would gut you like the others, but then they all might notice,” the Drifter said, grabbing the plasma cannon attached to Zakaro’s hip. “I’ll be taking this… a present from the Detective, I assume? In hopes that you could defend yourself? How foolish. In fact, I do believe that you shall survive long enough to see him fall.”

Zakaro fell to his knees, his vision flickering away. He watched as the Drifter aimed upwards and fired a shot from the plasma cannon into the air. It vanished; desperately, Zakaro tried to grab the attention of one of the other players, but they were all too consumed in the battle.

“He is positioned perfectly…” the Drifter murmured.

And just before everything went dark forever, Zakaro watched the scythe fall out of the sky and impale Ehks from behind; everyone froze, and the Detective used his final seconds to shoot Quisoves right between the eyes.

---

Voltex stumbled to Ehks, kneeling next to him. The Detective who had so brutally hunted down the Drifter had in turn been brutally slain himself - but he still had breaths yet.

“Ehks, what did you find?” Voltex asked. “The clues - what were the clues? Who did you suspect? Tell us!”

Portalfig (Matoran) executed.

Quisoves (Mafia) executed.

Zakaro (Medic) killed by Drifter.

Ehks (Detective) killed by Fate.

Drifter, Mafia, PM! Ehks may share the clues that he was given regarding the Drifter’s identity in-topic; he cannot otherwise attempt to alter the outcome of the game.

Chro, ToaD, Tyler, Windrider, and Shadowhawk are all still alive. One Mafia, One Drifter, Three Matoran.

• Upvote 2

I shall wait until day to drop the hints.

Don't want the Mafia making a decision on who to kill.

Well

You clearly have the Village's best interests in mind

If only that were true

If the Mafia knows who to kill, during the night, then I can't get our good Medic Zakaro to protect the Drifter that night.

Oh well.

It's game over now because of this. I'd better get to writing XX up...

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Well

If only that were true

If the Mafia knows who to kill, during the night, then I can't get our good Medic Zakaro to protect the Drifter that night.

Oh well.

The Drifter isn't on your side anyway?? I'm not sure why stopping the Mafia and having the Drifter win is preferable to stopping the Drifter and having the Mafia win. :P

Well

If only that were true

Oh well.

The Drifter isn't on your side anyway?? I'm not sure why stopping the Mafia and having the Drifter win is preferable to stopping the Drifter and having the Mafia win. :P

Simple

I want a village victory, Jim.

;)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

*High-fives Quisoves*

Soon... soon our hard earned plans will come to fruition.

And portal you are quite lucky, I was eager to kill you like the second night..

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

You know

It's kinda funny.

QP was Mafia once again. And I was the Detective. Both of us were the more active Mafia in Phase 1.

It's as if the RNG is heavily biased to us even under the worst circumstances like getting me killed and i rarely even get a role

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OKAY

FINALLY GOT THE GOAHEAD TO POST THIS

This was Phase 1, after I was rolled to be Mafia and the rest of the Mafia was determined.

10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: by the way, I just rolled for the Medic
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: And it came up on you
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: So
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: Amazing
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: Unfortunately you cannot fulfill that role
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: but yeah =P
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: gg
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: ...and then it landed on shadowhawk
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: ....
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: rng
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: stop that
10:49 PM - Spooky Voltex: ...shadowhawk again...
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: ...you again...?
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: RNG
10:49 PM - Ehksidian: STOP IT
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: AND NOW QUISOVES
10:50 PM - Ehksidian: WHAT THE HECK
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: ehks x3
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: make that 4
10:50 PM - Ehksidian: why
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: good grief
10:50 PM - Ehksidian: is it going to land on anyone else
10:50 PM - Spooky Voltex: it did eventually, yeah
10:50 PM - Ehksidian: okay

the rng loves the mafia of phase 1

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I freaking knew it.

Well, with my role-empowered allies dead, looks like it's just me from here on out. Let's play, Drifter. (And fellow innocents. And Mafioso.)

EDIT: Never mind. I just realized that the game is almost definitely over now considering the survivors. One confirmed innocent and two prior Mafiosi. Drifter hits Mafioso at night and game ends. Well, thanks for playing, I guess.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I do seem to have an infinite probability drive. :P

I am going to need to adopt a more subtle strategy for next game I play that isn't XX, Mafioso or not. The RNG's affection has been rather damaging to my credibility. :P

I think I'm forever going to know whether you're Mafia or not

NIGHT FOUR

Windrider had, as soon as the fight broke out, decided to flee. He did not care what Voltex or the others thought of him; all he wanted was to survive. And survive he had - he had returned later to find the bodies of Ehks, Portalfig, and Quisoves. Evidently the Drifter had returned as well; Zakaro’s body had not been recognizable beyond the fact that the others were recognizable.

But he had overheard the whispers. A killer, deranged, speaking to his dead companions; a drifter, insane, speaking to his very nearly brain-dead host.

“There you are,” a voice said from behind him. “Running away shall do you no good, friend.”

Windrider slowly turned to face the speaker. “You found me.”

“I did,” the killer replied. “You’re the Drifter.”

“No,” Windrider responded, shaking his head.

The killer frowned. “You lie.”

“He does not.”

Windrider glanced behind him as the Drifter dropped down from the ceiling, their Kanohi mask reconstructing itself. The wound left on their leg by Voxumo’s scythe still bled, oozing blood down their leg. Windrider frowned at the sight.

“The one you don’t expect,” the Drifter said. “I selected my host on purpose… although I must say I’m happy that the Detective is gone. He was becoming a… nuisance. As are you.”

“But I haven’t done anything,” Windrider protested.

“Not you,” the Drifter snapped, gesturing to the killer. “I meant him.”

“If you want to kill me, that shall have to wait until later,” the killer said. “Or perhaps not at all? It is obvious that we both came here with the intent of killing Windrider. I suggest we do so and then leave this place. When voting comes… well, there shall be two of us and two innocent Matoran. Perhaps we lynch one, and you kill the other?”

“I make no promises,” the Drifter snarled. “I want you all dead.”

“I think you’ll take up at least part of my offer,” the killer said casually. “Otherwise you shall receive a bullet to the face. Several of them, in fact.”

“I will kill this one,” the Drifter said, “and I shall allow you to leave… and live. For now.”

“That sounds like a fair deal. You’re rather… messy, anyway.”

The Drifter huffed. The killer smiled. And then Windrider screamed.

Windrider (Matoran) killed by Drifter.

>>Mafia & Drifter targeted Windrider; since the Drifter could kill those protected by the Medic but the Mafia can’t, in this case their killing overrode the Mafia kill.

Unfortunately, with so few left alive, Voltex could not name anyone innocent. Chro, ToaD, Tyler, Shadowhawk - any were fair game.

Suspects:

VOTE!!

(also, Mafia, I'm extremely disappointed that you somehow missed the Drifter. This scene could have been so awesome ;__; )

Edited by CHRIS PRATT
  • Upvote 3