BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

I'd hate to see you all hyping yourselves over nothing, so I'll put an end to this theorizing now:

the sixth slot was me. As in there were six slots at the bottom and, much like how I gave the Drifter Spot 19 in Phase 1, I gave myself Spot 19 in Phase 2. There are no other players in this game.

AHA! I WAS RIGHT TO SUSPECT YOU THEN!

Indeed you were.

(to those confused, this is in reference to the PM between the five newcomers and I from Phase 1... otherwise known as "Voltex Constant PM 1" suckers)

You know, call me crazy but doesn't it seem odd that Voltex would specifically put PM 1 at the end of the subject? In the actual group message that was the exact subject line with XIX added to the front. Now to me that would imply there are either other PMs or there are going to be. However I could be grasping at straws because not being a part of any of the other group messages it very well could have been that the Mafia's group pm for the first phase was titled 'Voltex Constant PM 2'.. Just food for thought though. If there was one twist there is the possibility for another.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

However I could be grasping at straws because not being a part of any of the other group messages it very well could have been that the Mafia's group pm for the first phase was titled 'Voltex Constant PM 2'.. Just food for thought though. If there was one twist there is the possibility for another.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I don't remember what the exact PM title was, and I can't go check since I deleted it to save inbox space, but I don't recall there being any identifying number of the sort you describe.

It was subtitled, 'THE MOST STACKED MAFIA EVER', though. =P

Yeah, see, that was the problem. The mafia being stacked like that makes it REALLY EASY for a detective like me who has played with y'all before to stumble onto some identities early on. Because I always investigate veterans before rookies.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Yeah, see, that was the problem. The mafia being stacked like that makes it REALLY EASY for a detective like me who has played with y'all before to stumble onto some identities early on. Because I always investigate veterans before rookies.

Considering as how I was the last Gen 1 Mafia to die, I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted by this statement. :P

Considering as how I was the last Gen 1 Mafia to die, I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted by this statement. :P

It just means that he didn't get a chance to investigate you before you all offed him. If I remember correctly, he investigated Taka, Portal, Ehks, Blade, QP, and myself. QP is the only outlier, not technically being a veteran, but he's proven himself plenty dangerous, so... :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It just means that he didn't get a chance to investigate you before you all offed him. If I remember correctly, he investigated Taka, Portal, Ehks, Blade, QP, and myself. QP is the only outlier, not technically being a veteran, but he's proven himself plenty dangerous, so... :lol:

Burn wasn't investigated?

burn you are literally the worst

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Voltron let me investigate the Drifter the same night I investigated White Thirteen.

Actually, Voltorb, do you mind if I share the Drifter investigation with everyone?

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Voltron let me investigate the Drifter the same night I investigated White Thirteen.

Actually, Voltorb, do you mind if I share the Drifter investigation with everyone?

Yeah, go ahead.

Sorry for the delay with the scene, everyone; I'll write it ASAP once I return from work tomorrow. University applications have consumed my evening (alongside my other job), and I still need to go back and make sure that I'm not missing any other requirements for the programs that I'm applying for. So yeah - expect the scene by 4pm EST tomorrow.

Thanks, Voltmeter. Investigation results were as follows:

Knowing that this could well prove fatal, you don a disguise, making you look like someone else, and approach the Drifter directly, catching them unawares; you listen to their mumbling for a few minutes and realize that they are the fragments of a sinister plan....

The Drifter, it seems, is not here to help you at all.

It is at this point that the Drifter discovers your presence - but, disguised as you are, the Drifter believes you to be a hallucination brought upon by the Voltex Constant, and, like the village has acted so foolishly this game, foolishly shares their plans with you. The Drifter explains how you are not the greatest of the Age; you are all merely average, ordinary players, plucked out of time at random to blindly serve as pawns in the Drifter's master plan. Sure, some of you are undoubtedly among the best Mafia players; but you are by far in the minority. You are all expendable, being used to trigger the various defense systems guarding the Voltex Constant and to obscure the Drifter's dark intentions. If the Drifter succeeds, they shall use the Voltex Constant's power upon itself, destroying what little remains of Mafia forever. 

However, the Voltex Constant is, the Drifter reveals, somewhat aware of what is happening. It has been selecting players at random each night and day, searching for those with intentions it deems as "pure enough" (however pure anyone can be in Mafia, at any rate) to lend its aid to in the darkest of hours. At this point, the Drifter's success is all but guaranteed; they shall reach the Voltex Constant and claim it for their own, killing every single player that still lives. This shall occur once either the Village or the Mafia emerges as victorious.

When this occurs, every player that reached the Voltex Constant shall be revived, and divided into new Village and Mafia groups; and while their goals will once more be to eliminate the other, they will have another, possibly easier goal as well: to kill the Drifter and end their plans. 

Before the Drifter can realize that you are not a hallucinated Sumiki, you flee, deciding to keep most of this information for yourself; however, knowing that time is of the essence, you begin to compile a new "player list" consisting of those who have reached the Voltex Constant....

• Upvote 7

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Portal was probably third. =P

I EDGED YOU OUT FOR FIRST TO DIE, BUDDY

- :burnmad:

You didn't snap your fingers. You're an imposter.

Do you even have any idea how hard it is to change from a sign-off you've used for years?

Literally just typed it out again for this post. ;_;

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

NIGHT TWO

Zakaro swore, clutching his shoulder as a red hot poker was stabbed into it. He spun around and threw a punch at his attacker, but was merely tossed to the floor. He started to stand, but the attack elbow dropped onto his chest, cracking his armor and knocking the wind out of him. He lay on the ground, stunned and unable to breathe, as the figure stood back up with his identification card in their hands.

“You’ll recover,” they said, tossing the card away and blasting it into pieces.

The world began to spin as Zakaro fell unconscious, and the figure stalked away.

---

Manducus crept after the group of three Matoran that he had found over an hour earlier, making sure to stay hidden in the shadows whenever they stopped. He had very nearly greeted them when he first saw the group, until he had realized that this was the new Mafia group. He did not know where the fourth member was, but he was determined to save the group’s next target.

“Are you sure sending the new one was wise?” one of them asked. “Perhaps we should have sent you again….”

“That would not have been a good idea,” came the answer. “We were fortunate that they do not know that I was the one to kill Pulse - too many are suspicious already. Better to hide behind the scenes for now.”

The first speaker grunted. “What about me, then?”

“They would suspect you even more than myself,” said the second. “And as for our friend here… well, the longer we keep him alive, the better.”

“I might be of more use killing,” the third replied.

“You have done well before - I have faith that you can survive,” the second responded. “But for now… let us stop, and rest. I believe our friend nearly has the target in his grasp. We should prepare ourselves - if they are the Drifter as we believe… we shall have a battle on our hands.”

Manducus frowned as the group ahead stopped directly underneath the next light - and then he froze as he felt the barrel of the gun pressed against the side of his head. Slowly, cautiously, he turned to face the fourth and final member of the Mafia group, eyes widening in surprise.

“You? Seriously?” he asked. “That’s… unexpected.”

“I’d hope so,” the killer replied. “My sincerest apologies - my friends believe you’re the Drifter… and it’s my job to find out.”

Before Manducus could protest, the killer fired; the bullet drilled straight through the player’s head and he collapsed to the floor, already dead. The killer shook their head and tossed the gun away in disappointment. Manducus was not the Drifter - they would have to re-evaluate their plans.

---

Tyler fumbled to pull the gun out of the wall as the footsteps behind him grew louder and louder; with a sigh of relief he finally managed to yank it out, immediately aiming it in the direction that the sounds were coming from. Shakily, he called out: “Who’s there?!”

“It is I,” a voice replied. “The rider of wind!”

Frowning, Tyler lower the gun just a little bit, as a figure became visible in the darkness.

“Shadowhawk?” he asked.

“No, you fool!” the figure snapped, stepping into the light. “It’s me! Windrider!”

“But Shadowhawk was calling himself the rider of wind,” Tyler said, confused.

“My name is literally Windrider,” Windrider replied. “I don’t care what all that nonsense with hawks and birds and stuff is, I’m Windrider. Shadowhawk can go find some other clue to point to his guilt! No more stealing my name.”

“You’re here to kill me, aren’t you?” Tyler asked, raising the gun again.

“Heck no,” Windrider replied. “I heard you running around and thought it might be wise to team up! You know, work together and all that jazz.”

“Voltex told us to stay on our own,” Tyler said. “He said not to trust anybody.”

“Well, if you don’t want to work together, that’s fine,” Windrider responded, shrugging. “Just, uh… don’t blame me if my banhammer lands on your face by accident.”

“That’s blackmail!” Tyler protested.

“Whatever,” Windrider said, walking away. “Are you coming or not?”

“Fine,” Tyler muttered.

The two walked together in silence for several minutes before spotting another player huddled against the wall underneath a light up ahead. Remembering how he had discovered Smoothjazz, Tyler tried to turn back - only to find that the hallway where they had come from had vanished. Shivering, he hurried back to Windrider, and the two paused when they reached the other player.

“Are you alive?” Windrider asked.

The player glanced up at them, and Tyler recognized Shadowhawk. He had a look of panic in his eyes and was shaking. “It was h-horrible,” he said faintly.

“What was?” Tyler asked.

Shadowhawk raised a shaking arm, pointing down the hall towards the next light. Neither Tyler or Windrider needed to move any closer to see two players dangling from the ceiling, blood splattered on the walls up ahead.

“Who was it?” Windrider asked. “The deaths, I mean, not the killer.”

“Gengar and Taka Nuvia,” Shadowhawk answered, rubbing at his eyes. “Oh god, it’s terrible. Blood everywhere… ‘Drifter’ scrawled on their foreheads… their insides ripped out….”

“You don’t have to continue,” Windrider said, looking queasy. “Was there… anything else?”

“Just a message scrawled in blood,” Shadowhawk replied, shutting his eyes tight. “It-it said that we’ll never find them… because… we’re all going insane?”

Tyler and Windrider glanced uneasily at each other, wondering what the Drifter’s message could mean.

Manducus (Matoran) killed by Mafia.

Gengar (Matoran) killed by Drifter.

Taka Nuvia (Matoran) killed by Drifter.

Voltex later named Zakaro, Tyler, Windrider, and Shadowhawk as innocent of the Mafia’s crime; however, he was unable to get any sort of time frame for the Drifter’s attack once again, and as such could not name anyone as innocent of that crime.

Mafia Suspects:

Drifter Suspects:

VOTE!

• Upvote 6

Wait, the Drifter can kill two people per night? I somehow did not catch on that. Ah well, dead again. Yay.

I forgot to have the Drifter kill a player during the day, so I had them kill 2 players during the night instead this round.

Yeah, thats why i was confused yesterday when the drifter performed one of the lynchings.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru: