BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

Having nothing better to go on, I shall vote Underscore for Drifter as well.

I shall not vote as of yet on the Mafia, while Caboose has the gun aspect for his guilt, Pulse has also said that their conversation points away from one of us newcomers. 

Honestly, I have no clue. If anyone's got any great ideas, now's the time to share.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

*sniffles* I had a long post written explaining why I'm not voting for caboose and it was erased because of being an idiot and pressing backspace when I wasn't typing in this box...

Long story short, I don't agree with killing/voting for someone due to coincident correlations between something in their signature/avatar/display name, hence the whole caboose's avatar/gun correlation. Too many innocents die because of that logic.

Though while the reason for suspecting underscore falls along the very same logic, theirs seems a bit more thought out than the caboose logic. Though going off the 'Pulling himself up, and away from something' bit of Smooth Jazz's death there is one other person who I could see this fitting with, but I'll hold off on naming them for now.

Voting Underscore for Drifter death.

Edited by Voxumo: Master of Fikou
  • Upvote 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It occurs to me now that Shadowhawk could be Jazz's killer instead of Underscore. A hawk is a relatively small (and whatever killed him was low to the ground, implying small size) bird of prey (Jazz's death was viciously bloody - and hawks often eat their prey's innards IIRC), and it also seemed (though not explicitly stated) as though Jazz had tried to pull himself not only up, but also into the light (avoiding shadows and a hawk)...

Food for thought. Preemptive apologies to Underscore (if he turns out to be innocent), but I can't change my vote... and I'd rather not risk a death by RNG if people try to swing the vote around last-minute.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

It's too dangerous, at least for the Drifter vote, but we could lynch him on the Mafia vote if we really wanted to. I know quite a few people still have a vote left there and we'd only need 6, but...

Eh, if 7-8 people all say they can vote for Shadowhawk, then we'll do it, but otherwise, let's just leave it as is for the time..

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

It occurs to me now that Shadowhawk could be Jazz's killer instead of Underscore. A hawk is a relatively small (low to the ground) bird of prey (Jazz's death was viciously bloody - and hawks often eat their prey's innards IIRC), and it also seemed (though not explicitly stated) as though Jazz had tried to pull himself not only up, but also into the light (avoiding shadows and a hawk)...

I'm interested as to where you're getting that bit. I see nothing in the scene to suggest that.

Also, the mental image of Jazz Beard trying to pull himself up from an attacking hawk is... Interesting. I think what you're positing is rather a stretch, and uncomfortably reminiscent of the "Weeping Angel-Rahkshi-Doctor Who-Angel Island-Blade" connection I made.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

* shrug *

Sorry. I was distracted by Moby Dick.

Seriously though, I'm trying. But I guess not hard enough.

I would say I've lost my touch but I don't think I ever had any touch to lose.

• Upvote 2

but their spirits

DAY ONE

Voltex stood in the center of a ring of consoles, staring at them intently. After a moment, he glanced up to Chro, frowning. The player shrugged and the host turned away, flipping a switch on the other side of the console ring and waiting until the nearby blinking light had changed from blue to red.

“How’re you doing?” he asked.

“Fine. It was one heck of a beating, but… I’m still alive, I guess,” Chro replied, trailing off.

“Are you sure that those were the votes?” Voltex asked after another minute of silence, tossing the question over his shoulder.

“I’m positive,” Chro replied. “Everyone I came across had seen images of the victims projected over the walls. They suspect Underscore of housing the Drifter, and Caboose of being a member of this new Mafia group.”

The host shook his head. “Something is not right… I pray that Underscore survives this execution, for it means we will have found our target. But Caboose is not guilty.”

“It was a majority vote, though,” Chro pointed out. “Their faith in you is shaken enough as is; whether they are right or wrong, you need to prove that we can rely on you… otherwise, when the time comes that you need us, you might find yourself alone.”

With a sigh, still not looking at Chro, the host nodded. “Very well. Activating defense systems now.”

---

Captain Caboose had been the first to discover the body of Pulse - and despite the video feed that appeared to indicate that one of the players summoned by the Drifter originally had slain Pulse, he had found everyone’s fingers pointed at him. He had been running ever since, having realized that Voltex would activate the defense systems in order to execute him.

He rounded a corner and plowed through someone, tripping and sprawling across the floor. Chest heaving as he gasped for breath, Caboose frantically pushed himself to his feet again and prepared to take off.

“Wait,” a voice said.

I know that voice, he thought. It’s-

“Escape is impossible,” the figure said, interrupting his thoughts. “You must know that. Your death is inevitable.”

“What do you want from me?” Caboose panted, leaning against the wall.

“I want information,” the figure said, stepping forward.

Caboose flinched, backing away from the figure at the sight of the claw-like device in their hands. Raising a shaking arm, he pointed to it. “W-what is that?”

“This?” the figure asked, glancing down at the device. “It’s designed to forcefully rip out your heartlight. It will kill you instantly… and probably be both faster and far less painful than any of the traps awaiting you in this maze. But like I said… my goal is information. I’ll provide you mercy if you can answer one question.”

“...what’s the question?” Caboose asked, dreading the answer.

“Who is the Drifter?”

“I-I don’t know,” Caboose replied, shaking his head. “B-but there is… I know something! Something about what the Drifter - who the Drifter - cannot be!”

“Inform me.”

“That which Voltex loves, the Drifter cannot take,” Caboose whispered.

A look of confusion appeared on the figure’s face, and they stepped closer. “You mean a player?”

“Not… exactly,” Caboose replied, his hands fumbling together - a nervous habit. “It’s… it’s hard to explain. Like, it’s more like what Voltex uses? Those who use what he does? The Drifter would be unable to take over anyone who, like, uses what Voltex does… or at least, that’s the theory Voltex had after the Drifter attacked the crystal.”

“You’re saying like a tool, or a mask?”

“Something like that, maybe,” Caboose said. “Voltex wasn’t exactly specific.”

“Of course not,” the figure muttered. “Very well - you have earned mercy from me.”

Captain Caboose shut his eyes as the figure readied the device - but that did not stop him from screaming as its claws latched into his chest. He barely had time to scream, however, or even recognize the pain, before he no longer felt anything at all.

The Detective idly examined the heartlight in his hand, watching as it slowly faded,  before tucking it into his cloak and stalking away into the darkness.

That's another one off the list.

---

Underscore stood at the edge of a glowing green lake. He did not know what the substance was, although he had a feeling that it would be a horrible, horrible way to die. The only question was - would it be more painful to die here, or to try and backtrack? He had hit a dead-end. All that awaited him were traps and death. Some way or another, he would soon perish.

There was a thud behind him, and he whirled around, eyes widening in horror at the Matoran standing before him.

“It’s you,” he breathed, instinctively backing away.

A sinister grin lit up upon the face of the Drifter’s host.

“Voltex will find out,” Underscore said, continuing to back away as the Drifter advanced towards him. “He’ll see you for what you really are!”

“No, he won’t.”

Underscore shuddered at the sound - it was the voice that belonged to the body that the Drifter had taken, but there was a growling undertone, filled with mechanical clicks and beeps. He took another step back.

That was when he screamed.

He staggered away from the glowing green lake, hopping and balancing on one leg for a brief second before collapsing to the floor, gripping the leg that had stepped into the lake tightly as his foot melted away, eaten by acid. He rocked back and forth, trying not to hyperventilate, when the Drifter grabbed him by the neck.

“I hope you like blood,” the Drifter whispered.

Nobody heard Underscore’s screams.

But hours later, when Voltex investigated the location where the surveillance cameras had mysteriously shorted out, he discovered a bloody and mutilated corpse missing one foot, with one word scrawled on the forehead of its face in blood: “Drifter”.

Captain Caboose (Matoran) executed.

Underscore (Matoran) executed.

ALL ROLES PM FOR NIGHT 2!!

Edited by CHRIS PRATT
  • Upvote 4

I'm confused. Why did the detective off Caboose? The detective can only do stuff at night. Or was it just plot, and the detective wasn't actually involved?

On the other hand, at least the drifter targeted the same person as a lynching, preventing an additional casualty.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I'm confused. Why did the detective off Caboose? The detective can only do stuff at night. Or was it just plot, and the detective wasn't actually involved?

On the other hand, at least the drifter targeted the same person as a lynching, preventing an additional casualty.

Oh nonono. That was not the Drifter kill. That was just A Drifter kill.

• Upvote 3

I'm sorry. Honestly thought that at least one of you two was guilty.

Which one?

Also, I'm curious as to when Neo Shadowvezon will make his apperence. I wonder if he's actually doing anything yet, or if he'll pop out after the Drifter dies, or some such thing has happened.

gZsNWyr.png

I really wasn't suspicious of one of them more than the other.

Also, I'm curious as to when Neo Shadowvezon will make his apperence.

What? He isn't even in this game.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I really wasn't suspicious of one of them more than the other.

Also, I'm curious as to when Neo Shadowvezon will make his apperence.

What? He isn't even in this game.

Think about it. Six extra slots. So far, five extra players have been revealed. Those five were among those who posted in the topic lamenting their lateness in regards to sign-ups. There were six total. The last was Neo Shadowvezon.

gZsNWyr.png

I'd hate to see you all hyping yourselves over nothing, so I'll put an end to this theorizing now:

the sixth slot was me. As in there were six slots at the bottom and, much like how I gave the Drifter Spot 19 in Phase 1, I gave myself Spot 19 in Phase 2. There are no other players in this game.

it's decided.

Shadowvezon is the drifter

or a special role to screw up everyone else

or just a normal guy

or maybe not even in the game

who knowsssss  :rollaway:

(lol why is that even an emote what)

E: oh well I guess we know now

Edited by Ifgtalrop
  • Upvote 1

I'd hate to see you all hyping yourselves over nothing, so I'll put an end to this theorizing now:

the sixth slot was me. As in there were six slots at the bottom and, much like how I gave the Drifter Spot 19 in Phase 1, I gave myself Spot 19 in Phase 2. There are no other players in this game.

AHA! I WAS RIGHT TO SUSPECT YOU THEN!

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

AHA! I WAS RIGHT TO SUSPECT YOU THEN!

Indeed you were.

(to those confused, this is in reference to the PM between the five newcomers and I from Phase 1... otherwise known as "Voltex Constant PM 1" suckers)

So what's to say you aren't the Drifter? That would actually be a pretty interesting twist. The whole second game thing was too predictable to be the real twist. I think we should hang Voltex.

Edited by Seaborgium
  • Upvote 2

MnRA5kV.png

So what's to say you aren't the Drifter? That would actually be a pretty interesting twist. The whole second game thing was too predictable to be the real twist. I think we should hang Voltex.

You cannot lynch me. Although I do encourage you to try. Because if you do have a majority vote on me, eight people die.