BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

It's funny, you know. I thought of the possibility of six players secretly being added, but said to myself "nah, Voltex'd never do that." :P

So what was the point of the first phase? Was it simply to determine who got in to this? Did my faction's loss affect anything? Or can you not yet tell us?

The point of the first phase was to reach the Voltex Constant; the twist was always scheduled to occur when one of the two factions "won", so it was merely a matter of how long it would take. 

I had a really fun time shutting down the surviving Mafia in four consecutive rounds at the end there.

(Thanks to Blade and Xae for that. And also QP; your desperate attempts at trying to seem innocent were hilarious.)

• Upvote 4

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I had a really fun time shutting down the surviving Mafia in four consecutive rounds at the end there.

(Thanks to Blade and Xae for that. And also QP; your desperate attempts at trying to seem innocent were hilarious.)

I'm glad I amused you. When one is as good as dead, it doesn't hurt to pull out all the stops. :P

The RNG for the Innocent lists hated us. I only hope that the new Mafia has just as much difficulty with them. :P

• Upvote 3

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

The Drifter will appear as a Matoran if investigated by the Detective, and takes two attempts each to kill during night and day. Will the Drifter appear as a Matoran when they are hanged or killed initially? And if so, does this basically mean that nobody is cleared of suspicion once they die unless they possessed a role?

The RNG for the Innocent lists hated us. I only hope that the new Mafia has just as much difficulty with them. :P

Yeah, you guys got really unlucky with ToaD in the final round. Blade had been 99% certain of ToaD's guilt.
You also got unlucky with Jazz's appearances on innocent lists. Framing him might've worked.

but their spirits

Well, if anybody survives a lynching, then they're the Drifter. If somebody survives a Mafia kill, it's either the Medic at work or the Drifter (although if the Drifter is PROTECTED by the Medic that round, Medic protection would trump Drifter's survival role). 

The Detective will also be receiving a vague hint towards the Drifter's identity throughout the game, so they might be able to piece it together eventually.

Well then, Detective. Let's work together this time. Shoot me a PM wouldja? I have a couple names I'd like to request you look into right away.

• Upvote 4

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

While it would be hilarious, I advise they trust me and hit me up. Investigate me if you must, but I'd prefer to ally in the end.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Same goes for me, though I can't promise Medic aid or anything like that.

Unsurprisingly roleless once more, but even as a villager I can lend my services as I did in the first half of the game.

but their spirits

I would say I'm a villager, but apparently that's grounds for execution. Saying mafia might be ill-advised as well, so let's just say I'm Santa. 

Edited by The Swimming Beard
  • Upvote 4

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

>inb4 Xae, Chro and X are all Mafia

*Snaps fingers*

I wish. (For one thing, I haven't had a role in a while. But also...) That'd be a nice crew to work with. You guys were stacked in the first half, it'll be no surprise if they are again.

For that reason I'm not going to be surprised if Xae is, but I doubt Ehks will be a repeat Mafioso. I know that it's theoretically possible but I don't find it likely. Personally, I think we should focus our attention on the bottom of the list...

Don't know why, but I doubt they all are mafia...

Thank you.

4 Mafiosi.

Makes sense to me.

He listed three people.

Even though Chro was very useful ally, I serious doubt that I'm able to trust him again during this round.

What, are you Mafia?

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

For that reason I'm not going to be surprised if Xae is, but I doubt Ehks will be a repeat Mafioso. I know that it's theoretically possible but I don't find it likely. Personally, I think we should focus our attention on the bottom of the list...

The odds of a coin, which has landed on tails sixty consecutive times, landing on tails are still 50/50. Let's not let a killer slip away simply because he was Mafia last round. And yes, I realize this applies to me just as much as my former compatriots. I hope I'm not behaving suicidally. It's rather hard getting my brain around the concept of working with the village. It's so much easier to slaughter y'all. :)

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

I would say I'm a villager, but apparently that's grounds for execution. Saying mafia might be ill-advised as well, so let's just say I'm Santa. 

Tekulo beat you to that, bud.

*Snaps fingers*

What about the Beard of Santa? Is that still available? 

Edited by The Swimming Beard

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

NIGHT ONE

Chro was still shaken after his revival, four hours later. He did not know who was alive - he had seen nothing of Voltex or his allies. Worse, he had seen nothing yet of the Drifter. The entire facility had changed; the once gleaming white walls were now a smoky gray, and lined with a variety of what he suspected were both weapons and traps. Visibility was low; the lights were spaced far apart, and lit only a small area underneath them, humming with electricity.

As such, he was not aware of the intersection until he reached it… and when he did, what he heard was not reassuring.

The tell-tale sounds of someone walking towards him sounded from the passage to his right, while the passage to his left looked eerily similar to the hall where Valendale had plunged to his death; Valendale, he suspected, had not been revived by the constant.

He needed a weapon.

He grabbed a sword from its resting place in the wall, narrowly avoiding the appendages that half-heartedly stretched out to grab him as he swung around to face whoever was approaching, holding the sword out in front of him.

“Whoever you are, state your name and business immediately,” he ordered loudly. “If you don’t, I will kill you.”

There was no response. In fact, he could no longer hear anything at all.

Not even the lights.

Too late, Chro spun back around, and a fist collided with the side of his head, knocking him to the floor as the sound dampening sphere deactivated, returning his hearing to him. Chro pushed himself to his feet and swung his sword, but it was deflected by a large blaster that seemed to have been built onto his assailant’s arm. As the sword spun off into the darkness and clattered to the floor, Chro threw himself at his attacker, tackling them to the floor. He grunted as his armor scraped against the wall, and swore as he was thrown aside. His attacker took aim with the blaster and fired, hitting Chro in the chest as he stood; he was sent flying back down the hall, pieces of armor flying in different directions as he landed under another light. He slowly dragged himself back, sitting against the wall and weakly glancing himself over before starting to pull himself back to his feet.

“Bad idea,” his attacker said, appearing out of the darkness, blaster aimed directly at him. “Stay where you are.”

Chro glared at his attacker as they slowly crouched, blaster still aimed at him. In a flash, the attacker reached out and grabbed the identification card magnetically attached to Chro’s hip; the figure spared a second to glance at it before grunting and tossing it away, blasting it in mid-air before facing him again.

“Good luck.”

And then the figure was gone.

---

Pulse nodded grimly to Voltex as they separated, hoping to find the others and warn them not to trust anyone. They had no way of identifying who the Drifter could possibly be, and the others had to be notified.

He had barely rounded the corner when he collided with a group of four Matoran; all five of them crashed to the floor, with one grumbling to themselves. Pulse dusted himself off as he stood up, glancing over the huddled group quickly.

“I hadn’t thought anybody would manage to regroup so quickly,” he said. “I have a warning, though - from Voltex.”

“That’s him,” said one, ignoring Pulse entirely. “One of the ones that Voltex summoned.”

“Think it’s safe?” another asked. “I don’t want to go through it all again.”

“Nothing is,” the first replied. “It’d be safer to remove him.”

“He could be an ally, though,” said a third. “Maybe we leave him, for a bit. Kill the searcher first?”

“We don’t know that he’s still doing that,” the second responded.

“Better safe than sorry,” the first added. “Are we agreed?”

“Agreed,” the other three said in unision.

“Wait just a second,” Pulse said, narrowing his eyes. “Agreed on what?”

The four other players glanced at each other before shrugging; the second one to speak stepped forward and pulled out a gun, shooting Pulse in the chest. Pulse staggered back, falling against the wall, and slid to the floor. He was dead before he hit the floor. When nothing else happened, the four figures shook their heads regretfully and turned away, to go hunting elsewhere.

---

Tyler had sworn to himself that this time would be different - he would not allow himself to die so humiliatingly at the hands of the Mafia, nor would he allow himself to be caught alone by the Drifter. There would be more strength in numbers.

If only he could find somebody. For four hours, he had remained unfruitful in his quest, and he was beginning to worry. Who knew what the Drifter was capable of?

When he approached the latest intersection out of many, however, he breathed a sigh of relief. He could make out another player in the light, sitting against one of the walls to rest. With a grin, Tyler hurried his pace, calling out to them.

“Hey! It’s me, Tyler!” he called. “Mind if I join you?”

No response came. Worry pricked at him, but Tyler shook it off - surely they were merely resting. It was foolish to do so, but they were not dead. No.

As he drew closer, he recognized the face of Smooth Jazz - and when he finally reached the other player, he realized that the face was the only thing recognizeable at all. The other player was certainly dead, and it seemed to have been violent in the extreme. A pool of blood surrounded Smooth Jazz; there were splashes and patches of blood all over the walls, and some of them looked suspiciously as though Smooth Jazz had tried to desperately pull himself up, away from something. The insides of the other Matoran were outside; it was as though he had been physically ripped apart.

Horrified, Tyler stepped back and slipped on the blood, collapsing to the floor. Panicking, he pulled himself back to his feet, trying futilely to wipe the blood off that had splashed onto him - and that was when he saw the word upon Smooth Jazz’s head, leaving no doubt as to his killer - “Drifter”.

Pulse (Matoran) killed by Mafia: Night 1

Smooth Jazz (Matoran) killed by Drifter: Night 1

Chro, Manducus, Portalfig, and Windrider all ran into Voltex shortly after the first murder, and were labelled innocent of the Mafia’s crime for the night. However, he was unable to determine how long Smooth Jazz had been dead; as such, every player remained a suspect for the second killing.

How lynchings work: there will be a double hang. You have two votes; one for the Mafia, one for the Drifter. Those on the innocent list cannot be voted for as Mafia; however, if you suspect one of them to be the Drifter, they can be voted for on that killing.

Mafia Suspects:

Drifter Suspects:

VOTE!

• Upvote 6

Dead Night one. Seems to happen quite a bit. 

At this point I do have to point out that:

-It was the second to speak that killed me

“That’s him,” said one, ignoring Pulse entirely. “One of the ones that Voltex summoned.”

Therefore: it is not Zakaro, RG, Caboose, or Voxumo. My killer is someone else. One of you who was already present, already playing.
Edited by Pulsating Cheddar

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Uh, Silence?

(Clarification: the description of how I was attacked seems to resemble the powers of the Dark Hunter called Silence, who Voltex recently referenced in his Mafia epic. I assume this was just a coincidence since I was attacked by the Detective, not a killing role, as far as I am aware.)

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Hm.. an interesting scene, no doubt. But...

I'm not sure on anything, really. The way Smooth Jazz was killed was brutal, pointing to perhaps beasts or Type 2s- Xaeraz and Gengar come to mind for that. 

As for Pulse, perhaps shooting was the clue? That would point towards Caboose, with his FPS-based avatars and style in Bionifight, but.. 

REMEMBER: NO VOTE CHANGES!

Not much to go on. I will vote, but as of now I have not. 

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

As he drew closer, he recognized the face of Smooth Jazz - and when he finally reached the other player, he realized that the face was the only thing recognizeable at all. The other player was certainly dead, and it seemed to have been violent in the extreme. A pool of blood surrounded Smooth Jazz; there were splashes and patches of blood all over the walls, and some of them looked suspiciously as though Smooth Jazz had tried to desperately pull himself up, away from something. The insides of the other Matoran were outside; it was as though he had been physically ripped apart.

Horrified, Tyler stepped back and slipped on the blood, collapsing to the floor. Panicking, he pulled himself back to his feet, trying futilely to wipe the blood off that had splashed onto him - and that was when he saw the word upon Smooth Jazz’s head, leaving no doubt as to his killer - “Drifter”.

Bolded are the things that seem most clue-worthy to me.

Violent death, blood everywhere... inside out... something on the floor or low to the ground.

The fact that the forehead is labeled stands out to me as well, though I won't be surprised if that's something Voltex has chosen to write in regardless of the Drifter's identity to indicate who is killed by which anti-village party.

I would almost suspect that Smooth Jazz was the Drifter, and he was killed and labeled by the Mafia, but it was specifically stated that this is not the case.

This was the more interesting part of the scene for me (discounting my own encounter), and I think the Drifter is higher priority for elimination (since the Drifter wins the game if they survive while we kill off the Mafia) so I'm going to focus on this scene to start off with.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Fresh outta da' mob, and wadda' I ged? Two lousy hits. I ask ya! It boggles de mind. Don't look at me, cats! I ain't startin' no mo' bandwaggons. I'll let some udda po foowel take de blame!

I tink dat wut Zakaro sed makes poifect cents, which is why I'm dubious as to its validuty. Rememba' all de tings I sed? Did dey ged us annywhea? No siree! I don't wanna be a complete foowel, but boy am I tempted to use de RNG. Dat' baby has at least haff a chance!

• Upvote 1

gZsNWyr.png

Fresh outta da' mob, and wadda' I ged? Two lousy hits. I ask ya! It boggles de mind. Don't look at me, cats! I ain't startin' no mo' bandwaggons. I'll let some udda po foowel take de blame!

I tink dat wut Zakaro sed makes poifect cents, which is why I'm dubious as to its validuty. Rememba' all de tings I sed? Did dey ged us annywhea? No siree! I don't wanna be a complete foowel, but boy am I tempted to use de RNG. Dat' baby has at least haff a chance!

Actually, using an RNG would have a 1 in 5 chance of success. Not half.

• Upvote 5

i think i lost a few brain cells

• Upvote 5

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian