Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Flabbergaster/Doubt

Flabbergaster was shocked when the command was given to eliminate the Matoran village. The sky darkened, lightning crashing and clouds swirling like a maelstrom. And Matoran lives... Slaughtered? no. This had wrong written all over it.

Without another word, Flabbergaster converged into flight mode and returned inside, the noise covering his escape.

Doubt picked himself off the floor and on his own two feet again, before glaring at Rain's leaving. "Oh, thank you, your highness." He spat. Then in came lard boy with a depressed face. "All the Rahkshi... They're slaughtering the Matoran..."

"WHAT?!"

A burst of adrenaline filled the Panrahk as he raced forward to eliminate those merciless fools, but was stopped by a large, gentle, albeit fat hand. "Easy. There's nothing you can do."

The muscle-palmed fighter broke into tears and sank to the ground, leaning on Flabbergaster's hand momentarily before the Crimson Crusader walked away.

OOC: Open to interaction.

IC: Shark / Causeway

Well, that was disappointing.

No fiercely competitive war games, no great duels or conquests, just a merciless slaughter. Admittedly, it would be nice to end a few lives without having to worry about retribution, but it was hardly even worth it to slaughter a Matoran. They couldn't even put up a worthy fight normally, let alone without any of their fancy weaponry. Oh well. He'd still go, of course. But suddenly his stance was not so noble anymore, merely cold, and a few steps took him from dead center to far from it. He didn't care to lead this.

"We've been sent to sack the village," Shark told Rain flatly. "Restrained powers to take the perimeter and keep any from getting away, destructive powers to go in and hunt them down."

He shifted into flight mode. "Coming?"

IC: Vlad / Causeway

As Vlad approached the door, Gorast's commands and Grim's fearsome shouting filtering through the air to his normally timid ears. And they made him furious.

With his hand on the stone gate he sighed, and turned around. It would be utterly foolhardy, really. Totally bonkers, absolutely crazy, entirely reckless. But then, when you were the moon in a school for eclipses, that was just everyday life. Only today... today, he had to admit, it was closer to everyday death.

But he still had to try.

He raced past Drift and Korvinth, not even slowing as he called to them, "Don't follow, survive!" They were his only friends in the world. He couldn't let them die alongside him because he lead them on what he knew full well was a pathetically hopeless crusade. "For friendship, my thanks!" he added back halfheartedly, hoping they could even still hear him. There was a brief, terrible pang when he realized these might be his last words to Drift. But he raced on furiously. He had a mission.

Briefly the Vorahk fingered Avenger, realizing that it would be far from enough to defend him when he was through with what he was about to do. He put it back in his cloak for now.

But he kept running, on to the edge of the Causeway, then half-flew and half-climbed onto a particularly tall pillar, disregarding the inevitable consequences. And without even pausing for a deep breath he thrust out his hands and screamed in a desperate vampiric voice, "STOP!"

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: Both open for interaction.

IC (As Ipartsa): "Time to make the Makuta proud." Said the rahskhi of lightning as she flew forward towards the lightning storm. The village was in chaos as Grim's army ransacked the village and slaughtered the Fe-Matoran living there. She landed in the village and took out her dagger, proceeding to ambush an unwary matoran and silenced him with a stab to his throat. *I shall take this...* Ipartsa ripped off the metallic gray Kanohi Hau and wore it as if it were a hat to serve as a trophy.

IC (As Numlef): The rahkshi of electricity scavenged off a dead body and picked up a sword. *I'm not skilled with this, but it will have to do...* He watched the other rahkshi secure the perimeter, unsure of what he should do when the matoran tried to escape.

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC Phogen: "Try the city a few bio to the south. Malenbranche, I believe. YOu could blend in there without too much trouble... And perhaps you could do me a little favor while I prime the school for your return." Phogen gets a broad smile as her plans and suspicions start to all fit together neatly.

IC: Exxan - Beach.

"I've been to Malebranche before," I interjected, "It took hours to get there with the Terrain Crawler, so it'll take me days in my current state, and...." I broke off, "...do you hear explosions?" 

IC Phogen: "Ahhhh..." Phogen suddenly rose, grinning broadly at the flashes and thunder from a near-distant strip of village. Suddenly, it all made sense. The arrival of the Makuta had a reason. Oh yes it had several reasons, but those resulted in one action. 

Like sweet, sweet perfume, the smell of ozone and smoke, the bite of acrid residue and the cling of dust. OH, but better still was the symphony of noise. The sputtering crack of cordax blasters, the shouts of anguish, the sudden confusion and staggering of footsteps. Oh yes, it was a symphony. A dazzling display of sound and color, with bright blossoms of light spreading sweet darkness. It aroused the deepest passions and stirred the purest emotions. It created drama, it summoned philosophy, it lived and changed and adapted and evolved into the mightiest and most beautiful of creatures, it brought chaos, it created order, it was battle and war and skirmish and fight and conflict.

But more than anything else...

It was art.

Phogen inhaled deeply, closing her eyes as if in trance. She spread her arms wide, feeling every minute vibration, hearing every whisper and call on the air, able to witness the most euphoric moments of battle from her distant locale. He counted himself lucky to be able to focus his sonic powers so. It was like an opiate or a narcotic, a feeling of intense, climactic euphoria as the darkness slammed through the walls before it like a locomotive at full-tilt and seemed to draw further kinetic energy from the collision. The high passed into him, and caused his knuckles to clench and his muscles to tighten. It all came crashing in, red eyes glowing brighter under those eyelids. For a moment, he felt like howling and breaking out in a four-legged sprint, to tear and bite and destroy with his bare hands in a self-sanctioned bout of bloodthirsty madness.

He held his breath.

Then, in absolute control, they exhaled slowly, letting their mind relax into the experience, to convert their own bottled up mental prowess to come forth in a purity of essence. It honed them like a blade. It was a final jettisoning of the extraneous. It was a final course correction. It was a reminder that to be animalistic was to be inefficient. It was an embrace of control, for control made one even more deadly. It was a reminder that an artist shows total control. And there was nothing Phogen wanted more right now than to be an artist.

Then, without saying a word, with look in their eyes and a smile on their face that anyone could tell was inherited, Phogen strode off in the direction of the village.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Rain - Causeway

"Are you kidding?" Rain scoffed. "I wouldn't miss it!"

She took off with the others, forcing the wind behind her to speed up her flight. Now the only question was what side she was on. Weather Control could be a borderline power. Wind and rain certainly wasn't going to be reducing things to rubble anytime soon, but Gorast was making a great display of what it could do at higher levels. Should she...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a strained voice crying into the storm up ahead. Rain had to squint her eyes to make out the silhouette of a Rahkshi in his glowing cape. And as if his fashion sense wasn't bad enough, he was pleading for the raid to stop. A spiteful smile crept onto Rain's face. Fortunately, a powerful storm was already brewing. All it needed was a little... guidance. Rain waved a hand and the ferocious wind suddenly changed direction to crash against the glowing Rahkshi. She didn't wait around to see the fruits of her labor. This wasn't personal, merely sport.

...now, what was that about sides?

IC: Exxan - Beach.

"Okay, bye. Love you, too!" I shouted to Phogen's receding form, remaining slumped where I was in the sand. I was beginning to question whether approaching her had been a good idea in the first place... 

• Upvote 6

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Beat--Phantom-on-the-Water

Looking around dejectedly, Beat noticed that Blade didn't seem to be among the perimeter guards. This realization hardened her initial reluctance into something more than that. She needed a way out...

After a few moments of racking her brains, Beat simply brushed past one of the border patrol. "Thought I saw one of them rustling around out here. Gonna check it out."

IC--Kaboom--Phantom-on-the-Water

Stepping into the doorway of his building, Kaboom spotted a supporting wall that had been visibly weakened by his initial blast. He let fly with his sling again, and the structure collapsed into rubble.

IC--Sepulchral--Phantom-on-the-Water

A Matoran ran for the perimeter, screaming in abject horror. Sepulchral swatted him back toward the center of the village, but his face bore a rather queasy expression as he did so. There was little joy in harming objectively inferior beings.

IC--Footwork--Causeway

Footwork rose sputtering from the water. No one seemed to have spotted him. Still, he kept low as he flew back toward the school.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC Optis:

No. No, no, no, this was all wrong. Everyone with a hint of a brain cell knew full well that destroying knowledge was the worst atrocity one could commit, as it forever denied every sentient being that same knowledge. Optis was so angry he forgot to disguise his thoughts. What little bit of rationality he had prevented him from speaking up against Gorast, but maybe there was another way....

He drew his knives from his compartments as he dove off the causeway, dropping into flight mode just above the angry waves as he activated his limited chameleon powers.

IC Fog:

Fog flew off to help establish the perimeter. He would take no joy in killing, but he would do what it took to earnt eh favor of the Makuta. Some small part of him doubted, but with determination he ignored it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Shark / Causeway

Their numbers were rapidly decreasing. Shark took careful note of everyone who inconspicuously receded... they were the cowards and Matoran-lovers, and it paid to be able to identify them.

And look, there was that glowing guy with the accent again. Still trying to protect his precious villagers with a grand plea for peace. Pitiful. But with a wave of her hand Rain made it clear that she was going to take care of him.

As he took to the air and began his flight to the village Shark barely bothered to turn his absorptive gaze the crazed Vorahk's way. No matter how he tried, he hadn't a chance, after all. That cloak of his would catch the wind like a sail and wrench him from the pillar if he held on with the strength of a dozen Pakari.

"Well done," he murmured to Rain.

"Zis ist not right!" Vlad cried. "Some of you must see zis! Stand up for - "

The wind caught him like a hammer, and he was blasted off the pillar like a flea flicked from an irritated Le-Matoran's hand. Up into the air, then slowly down, a faint glow through the pounding rain and helpless fading cry of " - zer Matoraaaaaaan....!" receding into the dark abyss, to be swallowed by the raging waves below.

IC: Gaever / Causeway

Gaever shifted into flight mode, trying to maintain a facade of indifference and loyalty as she followed behind their fearless leader Grim.

But perhaps by this very inclination to follow her inferiors without the merest trouble or dissent she betrayed an inner distress. It wasn't that she really cared for Matoran, those weaklings, but they were decent little guys when you cut right to the heart of things. Pathetically weak perhaps, but these ones brilliant inventions nearly made up for it. And anyways, haughty as she could be, Gaever really couldn't say she honestly believed her inferiors should seriously... die...

Put in their place, yes. Informed most clearly that they were far beneath her. Gloated at. But... death...? That was just, just too much, even for her.

But the glowing one's call to action went on deaf ears, at least for Gaever. No way was she going to be foolish enough to invite a similar fate as his by heeding his heresies. She didn't like it much, but going up against the overwhelming odds of a dozen bloodthirsty Rahkshi and Makuta Gorast was just intensely stupid. And she was not intensely stupid. Still... maybe if she ran into one of the little guys, she could just... not see him. Keep smashing his house and looting his beautiful tools while the villager escaped, unseen.

...Only to be slain by the perimeter group. But that was not her problem.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC: Kovinth-Causeway

Kovinth had frozen at the Makuta's orders, appaled by both the assignment and the eagerness among the students. Vlad had run off then, and Kovinth started to follow before catching the order from the lighter Rahk to save himself... Kovinth paused, struggling with himself. This was wrong, he should be doing all he could to stop this. But someone actually seemed to care enough to tell him and Drift to save themselves... No, no this needed to be done. Kovinth sprinted across the Causeway, determined to help Vlad's cause. He shouted at the Rahks yet to take off; "This is insane! We are being used! The Matoran are no threat to us, they have helped us! This is wrong, please no!"

Turning towards the pillar where Vlad was perched, Kovinth's eyes widened as he saw his friend tumble and begin to fall. "NO!" Kovinth cried, rushing to the edge of the cliff face. He watched as Vlad fell, a dozen thoughts fighting in his brain. I could do it, just jump down and start flyi-- NO, I can't fly, I'm crazy, I'll crash; but she said she fixed that, and the test flights went well but it's still flying and I can't I can't I can't--I CAN'T LET HIM DIE! The voiced in his head screamed as Kovinth gulped and threw himself off the edge, transforming into flight mode and hoping he wasn't already too late as his rational mind tried to beat back the fear...

IC: Blue-Causeway

Blue nodded to the Rahk she'd fought in the gym, before turning and listening to the Makuta. A chill ran down her spine, rattling the wobbly one as she heard the orders. That... Didn't seem right. She had no love for Matoran, of course, but something felt wrong about this. As the students around her lifted off, she noticed stragglers, runners, even protestors... So others felt the same way. An injustice was occuring, and that made Blue's blood boil. She gripped her staff tighter and took to the skies, determined to be a wrench in the monkey works during this assignment. No innocents would fall to her boomerangs today.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC Optis:

As Optis saw a plummetting shape, he quickly identified the Rahksi as one who has just spoken out. Hastily stowing his knives, he dove to catch the Rahk.

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Sliver - Phantom-on-the-Water.

Madness glinted in my eyes as I tore through the villagers. They tried hard to put up a defence, but nothing could stand before the might of a Makuta and a Rahkshi army. This was our victory.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rain - Causeway

She just shrugged. "Someone had to teach that guy some respect."

The village was coming into view. A few Rahkshi had already landed and began zealously tearing into Matoran homes. Others were preparing the perimeter. Fins would no doubt be one of the latter. The only question was if she wanted to seek out the Matoran on her own or wait for them to come to her and Fins.

She could not deny she felt safer with him and his bulk nearby. He was nearly untouchable in the last assignment. Perhaps it would be best to stick with him in the perimeter. As she began to land on the outskirts of the village, she made her intentions clear by planting her staff before her and watching for any stragglers.

IC Flabbergaster

Disgusted by the apparent stupidity of the Rahks in agreeing to mercilessly slaughter the Matoran, It made Flipperlidder think of what Rahkshi were designed to do. No way to prevent the destruction...

He decided to head to the beach. Perhaps he could get some air and try to sort this out.

IC Doubt

Doubt continued to sob painfully on the floor of the Infirmary.

IC Optis:

Fly up alongside.... Optis flew up, flying down at the same rate as Vlad fell. Grab.... Optis pulled off the disorientating cape before firmly grasping Vlad's chest. Reduce speed. Optis pulled, attempting to slow Vlad's decend.

IC: Kovinth-

Kovinth tried to keep his breathing steady, reminding himself that he was flying, not flling snd crashing. If he had a heart, it would be racing right now. Ahead he could see another Rahk, grabbing Vlad...? Great, Kovinth could just--

At the moment Kovinth nearly flew back up, a thick cloth object slammed into him, wrapping around his head and disorienting him. The blue and purple Rahk fell out out of flight mode, grabbing wildly at the thing as he plummeted, straight towrds Vlad and the other Rahk...

IC: Blue-Phanton-On-The-Water

Blue landed gracefully in the middle of the village, taking in the destruction around her. There was sort of a primal thrill to it, she had to admit... But rational heads must prevail. Gripping her staff tighter, she looked around for places that may have been untouched yet. She headed for a small hut a bit away from the square, hoping to find still living Matoran she might be able to help...

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC Optis:

Optis risked a glance aorund to make sure no-one spotted him... When he saw a Rahkshi plummeting toward him. He hastily maneuvered to teh side, but Vlad slowed him down, and the Rahk clippe dhim, knocking him out of flight mode. He tumbled, frantically trying to right himself.

Vlad shifted into flight mode himself, but it the driving storm and with so much downward momentum it probably wouldn't have been enough to pull up from the raging ocean had Optis not come to aid him against gravity as well. But as the fall slowed Vlad's eyes went wide not with relief but shock and pain. Without his cloak, the darkness began to bite again... And the thought of losing it forever to the roaring surf was terrifying.

As his frantic eyes traced its fluttery path above he saw it catch onto another Rahk, though, and breathed a sigh of relief. Then he realized the other Rahk was barreling straight towards him, and braced himself for the impact, only to find the other Rahk swerving before suddenly turning to dead weight.

Despite his efforts in striving for altitude, the three of them were headed for the ferocious waters once more. He snatched the Cloak of Umbra from the other Rahk and held it tight over his head as he was slammed into from the side once more, this time by a wave, and everything faded to... white.

OOC: Shark and Gaever tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

IC Grim:

The destruction. Innocent Matoran being driven and slaughtered like animals, their homes detroyed, their work demolished, and set ablaze, only for the ashes to be atomised. Screams of help, screams for mercy, screams of incoherent terror.

The Adaptrahk waded through it all callously, directing his fellows to the clustered groups and the support beams of the largest of buildings.

Grim delighted in his work, and was diligent. there was one building he wanted all to himself.

The Temple.

Unknown to him, Exxan and his team had prepared to destroy this very temple during the Wreck the Halls Assignment. Now, their work would see an end at Grim's hands.

The Temple stood still, untouched by the others thus far. Grim had made sure of this. There were many workshops to loot and pillage and destroy. But Grim knew the importance of this lone building. this beacon of hope to the Matoran.

It was disgusting.

He'd acquired a still functioning cordak blaster with two shots still in it. It would do. 

He'd meticulously broken most of the supports in the building. most were thick bars of wood, that he'd gnawed through with his staff, others were lighter shafts that he'd smashed easily with his mace. Many of them looked as though they'd been broken before. Curious.

All that remained was a central column of stone carved with the image of the Great Spirit.

Grim shoved the doors wide open, stepped out into the street, turned, aimed.

And fired the two missiles that remained in the launcher.

The explosions rocked the earth, and blasted the stone column into dust, the shockwaves rippling outward and breaking apart windows and mortar alike.

Dust rose and stone fell as the building shuddered and gave way under it's own weight, collapsing in upon itself. Grim threw the empty launcher aside as he walked away from the destruction, a wide grin on his face.

• Upvote 3

IC Phogen: Suddenly, a Matoran with a unique weapon appeared in from of Sliver. There was the kind of panic and rage only brought upon by the pulse of battle in his eyes. The weapon was akin to a handgun, although it shot needles made of shattered, high level 'Weaken' disks out instead of bullets. It was a clever little device and would hurt if it connected with her skullplate. She had no time to react to such a short range shot. Then, before the weapon could discharge, the light from the Matoran's eyes flicked outing a light. She could have sworn the Matoran had gotten maybe a quarter bio taller.

That, and he had grown a new feature. Right through the center of his chest was a beautiful arc of bronze protodermis. It reflected the fires starting to ignite around the village, the blood rolling off it instantly and leaving it spotless. It gleamed with a sort of inner light, and still rang metallic as if it was just unsheathed. On some base level, Sliver feared the weapon, knowing it to be forged for warriors of light. But considering it was holding a Matoran aloft via a hole in said Matoran's lifestone, she knew this could not be so.

Her suspicions were confirmed as the corpse was dropped to his knees and propelled onto his face and off of his perch with the healthy shove of a Rahkshi's heel. The one handed blade was spun once to get the remaining blood off in style, without a wasteful use of powers channelled into the sonic hum of the blade.

Then, as polite as could be, he spoke. "Ah, hello there. Pleasure to meet you, my dear." The voice was suave and controlled, slick, and overwhelmingly charming. It exuded intelligence and class, and a healthy degree of professionalism. It a young and jovial voice, that rang of friendship and a desire to have a good time with you.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

I wasn't entirely sure what was more impressive: the sonic rahk before me, or the temple collapsing behind them. "Ah.... thanks..." I finally managed to speak, the words feeling strange in my mouth.

I leaned on my bow, sizing up the unfamiliar rahk, "I don't recall seeing you out on the Causeway earlier..."

IC: Exxan - Forest.

I'd finally forced myself to get up and follow Phogen's footprints back towards the village. I'd stayed well away from the ring of rahks near the perimeter, sticking tothe forest and watching as the temple I'd once tried to destroy collapsed into ruin. 

I had fond memories of my time in this village, and now it was burning. And worse still, there was Phogen in the thick of it, talking with.... Oh, you've got to be karzing kidding me... 

IC Optis:

Letting go of Vlad fo rlong enoigh to convert back to flight mode, Optis frantically tried to pull up, but had too much momentum. His feet hit the surface first, breaking the water tension he he plunged into the depths...

His head broke the surface a second later, as he gasped for breath, barely treading water in teh surf.

IC Phogen: "Well, I was out taking care of a personal matter, but frankly, I couldn't bring myself to miss an event like this." Phogen's grin seemed to light up the evening with a sort of charismatic glow. He quickly began walking down the street motioning for Sliver to follow.

He quickly found the nearest door, sheathed the blade, and pulled out the hypersimplistic staff on his back. Tapping it to the hinges and locks, he shattered them with his sonic powers one at a time, like popcorn. He pushed the door over with one finger, and ducked inside, pulling out his khopesh again. There was the sound of metal striking against protodermis, and single stabbing motion, and at once, Phogen stepped back out. While he threw a burning bit of rubble onto the dried grass roof of the structure, he spoke. "Apologies, my dear. Normally I would see if you wanted the honors, but really, it's been awhile since I've been home and I just needed to indulge a little. I hope you understand."

"Fair enough," I replied smoothly, twisting out of the way of an oncoming kanoka and replying with an air-accelerated arrow that punched a deliciously ragged hole through the offending Matoran's chest. 

A second disk sliced across my back and I took cover behind an overturned cart, "I've only been here a few days; does this sort of thing happen often?" I called to the other rahk, waiting for an opportunity to return fire. 

IC Phogen: Ducking the cart next to her while a chunk was taken out by yet another disc, he chimed. "On occasion, but I certainly wish it happened more often! Here, I'll cover you, my dear." Phogen poked out from behind the cart and let out a concentrated sonic burst down the road. He knew the right frequency to get the desired reaction. It quickly reduced the Matoran to clutching his ears and staggering out from behind the wall he was using as cover. Still, the distance and the relative weakness of volume meant the recovery was rapid. The villager shook his head clear.

...and soon found an arrow sprouting from his throat. "Interesting..." I picked out another arrow and took stock of the situation. The chaos and surprise of our attack was wearing off - the Matoran were organising. 

Now the real fun would begin. "Grim!" I called over to the other rahk, "We need to coordinate! Gorast made you leader, so get out there and karzing lead!" 

IC Phogen: Deciding that being helpful here would be a quick way to gain respect, or at least notoriety, she decided to add more information, and maybe some advice. "It looks like they are regrouping at the south warehouse block. If they get up a good position on the second floor with the firepower they have inside, they could paste anyone coming up Port Street and Main. The roofs could get pretty dicey too." Phogen hoped Grim knew what he was doing. The idea of marching into fire along Nynrah's two main roads was not exactly her idea of a good time. "I'd say stick to the alleys and push up slowly, going house my house, or get some sort of cover up, like a smokescreen or a lot of return fire on the warehouse, and run straight across the center square."

IC Flabbergaster

He strode out to the nighttime beach, sitting casually on a large stone before finding a small cave to rest in. It was terribly small, but it fit and concealed him, and gave a clear view to the crashing surf. Lost in thought, the titan fell asleep...

IC Vaalku

Eyes open again, Vaalku could fully feel and move his legs. But how was walking going to work...?

He tested moving his legs a little, seeing how the new suit worked due to movement.

IC--Footwork--Causeway

Footwork made it to land, and found an unmistakable set of footprints leading to a shallow cave. Inside, he saw the obese Turahk from earlier, sitting on the floor and quietly snoring. Deciding not to disturb the fellow, Footwork flew off toward the school.

IC--Beat--Phantom-on-the-Water

She made a pretense of searching for her fictional quarry--a search that conveniently took her further and further from the village. When she felt sure that she could make a run for it without being seen, she did so, keeping low to the ground. Once she found a suitably concealing spot, she used it to mask her takeoff, and began flying on a low tractejory back toward the school.

IC--Sepulchral--Phantom-on-the-Water

Sepulchral began to grow alarmed as his metaphorical nausea started to turn increasingly physical. "Ooh. Perhaps I left the infirmary a mite too soon." Despite this, he stood his ground, determined to ward off both physical and moral discomfort in pursuit of his duty and proof of his superiority.

IC--Kaboom--Phantom-on-the-Water

A particularly determined Matoran took aim out of a nearby window with a Cordak blaster. The poor little pest never had a prayer. Kaboom's sling got a shot off before his assailant could squeeze the trigger. The explosion set off the rockets in the blaster, reducing the weapon, its wielder, and most of the building they occupied to scrap and rubble. Kaboom shrieked in triumph and looked around for more idiots who needed killing.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC (As Ipartsa): "That's two kanohi I have so far!" She said to herself as the rahkshi of chain lightning hid behind a hut and placed a bronze Miru in her bag. *I need a bigger bag, it's time to go find one.* Ipartsa looked up and saw a matoran with a gold Kaukau swing an axe at her face. It cut deep into her hand, but she yanked it forward, wincing in pain as she stabbed the matoran in the chest and pried off the mask. The silver rahkshi ran off to an abandoned house in search of another bag.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Holistic

(Causeway)

Ah, a mundane task of Matoran extermination. Nothing too special, yet apparently some Rahkshi refuse to obey the order and decide to leave instead. What do they think we were created for? Do they think that their puny lives have some higher meaning? Don't they realize that we are artificial constructs made for killing? This is our duty. There's nothing else we should do in our lives except slay and become better at it. I am certain they will receive a grim reminder of this when the Makuta find out about their disobedience. But for now, I must go and complete the task given to me.

I fly to the outskirts of the village and notice the familiar shape of the huge Rahkshi I talked with in the refectory. Seems like the one with two hammers still can't spar with them. There are several others as well, and the rest are destroying the village and exterminating the populace. I land and begin looking for targets.

OoC: Anyone on the outskirts can feel free to talk to her.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Aw, I missed it...

IC: Drift 

Drift shoved her way through Rahkshi and was diving into the abyss without any second thoughts. Never had she felt so much adrenaline, and right now, her safety was the last thing she worried about. She slid down the steep sides of the abyss, stumbling every now and then, and caught onto a jutting branch near the other three Rahkshi. She extended her arm as far as she could.

"Grab on! Hurry!" She shouted, struggling to hold on with the waves trying to bat her away.

IC: Silver

Kill a defenseless village. Stupid. Just plain stupid. He followed the other Rahkshi, however, to see how it would play out. He wouldn't actually kill any innocent Matoran - and he was convinced Vorjak would be of the same mind. Locating him along the outskirts, Silver made his way to the only person he thought he knew.

"You're not actually going along with this, right?" he leaned in, whispering conspiratorially.

IC: Gaever / Phantom-On-The-Water

Fists blazing with green plasma, Gaever smashed halfheartedly through a forge's wall, setting the wooden structure on fire and pretending not to see a pair of terrified Matoran scramble out the door. ...The perimeter team would deal with them, she concluded despairingly.

Why was she doing this?

She had to. Only a fool would invite the repercussions of disobedience. And at least she might be able to pick up some interesting gadgetry somewhere.

IC: Shark / Phantom-On-The-Water

Shark had taken up a position just beyond the end of one of the village's main streets, not far from his artistic accomplice. His gaze swept back and forth over the destruction, waiting for the appearance of a -

Silver?

Protesting the carnage. The fool.

"I'm afraid I am," Shark told the silver Rahkshi flatly, without turning his eyes from the village. "I have experienced firsthand the wrath of these Matoran, Silver. They shot me with a net gun, and I crash-landed, lucky to survive. They want us all dead. This may be an unpleasant job, but it will save the lives of many Rahkshi." He paused a moment, to allow this time to sink in, though he knew it wouldn't. Silver was not the type to believe it.

"And even if I wanted to do anything about it, the price of my efforts would be too steep," he continued, eyes on two small figures racing away from a distant burning house. "The wrath of Gorast and her loyal servants would come down upon me like a meteor. And it will come down upon anyone else who fails to follow orders."

The two small figures skidded to a horrified halt, the presence of Shark and Silver blocking their escape route. And only now did Shark unsheathe his massive sword, a motion made only more ominous by the silent lack of an expected metallic shhink.

"Your move," he told Silver, turning his gaze to him at last. "Strike at them, or strike at me."

IC: Snake - Nynrah

I continue to stare emptily. It occurs to me that I should ask Jarar about Hoto. Later. For now, I look to the horizon. In the distance, back the way we came, I can see a storm brewing.

IC: Fíor - Icarax's office

We finally reach Tridax's office, my black eyes worried as I see the group of students dispersing from the doors. I grab a nearby rahk, immediately feeling guilty and giving a small "Sorry" before saying, "What happened here?" She shrugs, expression irritated. "Tridax got 'imself fired, didn't he? Got replaced by Icarax, didn't he?" I let the rahk go, eyes glazing.  I had so many questions, mostly why and how...

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC Optis:

Frantically reaching for Drift's hand while trying to keep his hold on Vlad, Optis sputtered as a wave splashing in his mouth.

IC Fog:

The Weather Control Rahkshi lay in wait behind a building, eyes closed as he built up his power.

IC: Nymph (Hallways)

Well, I have to admit, I don't like swearing, even if I'm just thinking it, buuuutttt i think this calls for a breach of that.

#####.

I shoot Fior a worried glance. Obviously, I'd heard of Icarax and his feats; his spawn had even picked on me from time to time, the armoured brutes gloating over their lineage, claiming that Icarax would take control of the Brotherhood and that I was just a... a nobody, one without anything, nothing before Corpus, nobody. I shake my head once again, attempting to dispel my poisonous thoughts of the past and trying to focus on here and now; who I am, not who I was; who I have, not who I didn't have.

My mind once again clear, and in the general flat, undisturbed surface of tranquillity which it usually wears, I begin taking a hard, cold analytical look at the situation.

Icarax's characteristics; a warrior. A fighter. Cruel, intolerant. Destructive.

A Makuta as Icarax would likely attempt to weld the school into a fighting force of, well, living weapons; what we were designed to be, not the freaks fate chose us to be.

The dominion of Icarax would likely not allow any thought among us, crushing ideologies against his own, murdering friendships.

I speak in a low whisper, the hesitance of my old self, my weak self's voice returning as the starkness of the situation reveals itself to my mind as the horror it is.

"We can't stay."

OOC: Still waiting on posts, Dane and Aerixx. 

VBWj75sh.png