Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Raith - Library

I look over the book...I only ever read books that were needed for me to thrive in my environment, and only occasionally about the world further than Nynrah. However, another new feeling I have discovered is interest - knowledge for its own sake.

The book has a lot to say on the Elements Theory and how all powers are derived from a small selection of fundamental forces...I even manage to find instruction for a mask of density control among others. I'm suddenly excited at my ability to want to read things, so I grab another book randomly from the shelf, enthusiastically thumbing through the pages. 

I'm relatively new to enjoyment, or at least enjoyment further than 'This activity is beneficial to my existence', but I realise that I do enjoy the Library. The book I'm holding now details the exploits of some of the universe's most famous and infamous toa. I stare intently at the woodcut of a one-eyed purple Ba-Toa, staring out from the pages as if alive.

So...not all toa fight for Mata-Nui, then...some work with the Brotherhood alongside us Rahkshi. Interesting, seeing as the toa are often portrayed as the enemy in our lessons. My thoughts evolve as they lead to others about some of the more intangible concepts in our culture's short existence:

Is Mata-Nui a good god, or an incapable one? Are the toa truly his work, or is some even higher force at work? Was Mata-Nui, and the universe always here, or were they too created in a time before? If this universe had a temporal start, does it have a finish? Does it have spatial boundaries, or is it infinite? Who set up it's fundamental forces, like gravity and the ways life works?

The Makuta might call these 'dangerous thoughts', but I feel exhilarated at the freedom I possess. Looking up, I smile at Nymph.

Edited by 000

Kathok

IC Doubt

Talented skill with the chain ball allowed Doubt to land on his back to avoid the sword and stand back up without breaking the rhythm.

"Rahks get killed for killing over here. If there is a murderer, he will be extinguished. If there is a traitor, Tridax will destroy him. Provoking the Makuta has led to worse pain than imaginable for some, and patience is a virtue."

He stopped the ball with as much casual ease as he had said the sentence.

"Report him, and watch the sparks fly."

IC: Subject

I turned my head to Mangai, deciding to let Grim finish the traitor. As for Doubt, it will be nice to yank the kraata out of his case. I span the sword on each hand, before charging forward again, swinging the sword this time for his chest.

Edited by Sharkydane

IC Doubt

"So, you become a traitor yourself?"

Doubt slid a glare into his eyes. "Consider it."

Turning, he barely had time to shove the ball into his fist and block the oncoming sword, which still threw him back aways. He collided with the corner.

IC: Draco

Traitor? This one must be eliminated. Draco sheathed his swords and brought out his hammer. Letting out a roar of fury, he charged the Traitor, Doubt.

IC: Shock

Shock was simply standing back, watching everything go down. This guy is doomed, he thought to himself.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC Phogen: Turning to Hoto, Phogen sighed and ask for guidance. "Have I been..." His face twitched as he searched for the right words. "...genuine, there? I tried to be civil, but this whole altruism thing is new, and the political environment of the school seems a bit dilapidated since I left. I hope the balance between effective and compassionate was struck there, but I am still a little unsure."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Shark / Outside, Dorms

Into another empty dorm Shark smashed, the dorm room of a certain Surahk whom he had failed to end on Visorak. He had little time to waste, and snatched up an axe from the bed. If he was correct in his recollection, this axe had heat properties... Indeed, he activated it and it became almost too hot to touch. Almost. No, it was still easily possible to do the deed with it if he worked quickly, as he intended...

He set Dane's Kraata on the bed, and with a stroke of the axe struck a scalding lethal blow. Dane was now undoubtedly dead, and the somewhat cauterized wound let just enough incriminating blood spill out onto the white sheets. Perfect. He set the axe back down on the bed, picked up the now-dead Kraata as a few more drops of blood fell to the cold stone ground, and leapt out of the shrinking hole in the wall.

His next stop was not Dane's room but still another, belonging to a Rahkshi of either fame or infamy, depending upon who you asked - and foolish Fang would tell you the latter. Smash! - he entered the room and left the burnt, dead body under the bed. Then he turned back, quick as a Kakama, and into stealthy flight once more leapt out of the room.

Phogen's room.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Fang - Hallways to Refectory

Fang was about halfway to his room when his stomach growled. It had been a while since he had last eaten, and last time a Rahkshi had nearly killed him (not many students had the pleasure of saying that), Palma had told him to get something to eat. Something about making up lost blood. And he had sure lost a lot of it.

And so Fang turned back and slipped into the Refectory instead. The revolting gruel was especially tasteless today, after all that had happened.

IC: Hoto - Causeway

"Bye," Hoto said to Era as her friend walked away.

She turned to face Phogen and gave a small grin. "Y-you did great," she responded sincerely through her tears. Hoto wiped at them, trying again to maintain some dignity. The time for mourning seemed to be over, vanishing right as Kat appeared. Phogen and Jayar seemed to be in a much better state already. It didn't help her feel any better.

OOC: Fang open to interaction

Edited by Click

IC Phogen: She sighed and held Hoto's shoulders. She could read bodies, but that was pretty close to minds at times. "I miss him too." He sighed and said ":I-I'd like to write his epitaph if that's alright with you."

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Hallways.

"Of course we can karzing......Yes. We can fly."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

I sighed.

It had been a loong day.

And there were many more to come.

I needed to set up something.

I headed for the causeway, finding the now blackened stone that we'd lain omega to rest with.

It seemed an ill fit.

I had an idea, though.

I pulled out the war hammer I'd taken from the armoury. They deserved better. They deserved more.

I swung it up.

I'd make them something permanent.

I brought the great spike down upon the black stone with a resounding crack.

The cracks spread, rushing faster than the eye could follow.

With a sound indescribable, the stone rent in two, forming roughly semi elliptical shapes.

My face was stony.

Using the sharp spike, I dug two shallow ruts in the rocky soil.

I hefted each half slab into the ruts, tapping each a little deeper with the side of the hammer, so as not to damage the stone further.

I put the hammer aside, pausing a moment. The words I wrote here would remain forever.

How to sum them up in such a short space of words?

How to honor them in death?

I used a clawed finger to engrave as neatly as I could.

Omega

A stubborn Rahkshi who never backed

down, now forever at peace.

Fight the good fight wherever you end up.

We'll see you on the other side.

Exxan

A killer redeemed, sacrificed everything for

The sake of his friends.

May you find what you were looking for

In death.

We'll see you on the other side.

I stepped away, my heart heavy and head low as I simply stared at my handiwork with dead eyes.

OOC: open for interaction.

• Upvote 4

IC: Jayar / Causeway

What to say, to do? How to comfort Hoto (oh, he would if he could! but couldn't, not as he would like) when Phogen was standing there, hands on both her shoulders now... With purpose to inhibit his attempts? With legitimate intent to comfort? Both? Either way it left little room for him to do anything for Hoto without winding up coming between them, and while he wouldn't mind so much offending Phogen, he couldn't imagine that sort of thing would go over well with Hoto.

But he didn't want to just stand there like he was the third wheel, for Mata Nui's sake!

Coming up beside Hoto, he did what little he could think to do: he came up beside the Rahkshi of Dodge, and gently took her hand in his. "He will be remembered a hero," he said to her quietly.

Pitiful comfort, he knew. Alas.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff
  • Upvote 2

IC: Char - Refectory

Char frowned for a moment, but it quickly disappeared at mention of the Gym. "Oh, the Gym!" she gasped enthusiastically. She pulled out one of her flare guns for Shield to admire. "I can try these out! Let's go!"

IC: Tube - Hallways

After a few minutes of idle wandering, Tube could admit that eating was much more fun that walking around. "Are we even going somewhere?" they groaned.

"Y-yes..., of course," Hoto agreed with Phogen.

Her hand closed instinctively around Jayar's, and she turned to face him after a moment. Even Hoto knew she was no good at hiding her emotions. The distress was still plain on her face, but she tried to grin to acknowledge his small gesture.

And then something else caught her attention. You didn't need her sensitive ears to hear the thunderous crack of metal on stone, or the harsh grating that followed after. "W-what... is that?" she wondered aloud, almost slipping off in that direction away from Phogen and Jayar's grip.

• Upvote 1

IC: Era - Causeway.

I'd barely made it to the entrance when the sound of chiselling and stone being broken caught my attention."What the..." Following the sound, I found Kat chipping away at some pieces of a broken, charred pillar.

Waiting until she finished, I crouched beside the second stone and carefully traced my fingertips over the etched letters, reading them by touch. "Wow... Kat, I..." but she was already walking away, and I was lost for words.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Phogen: She heard the crack too. "I don't know. I'll go check."  

Slowly, she released Hoto and trudged off in search of the noise. When she found it, she found Kat as well. It took a short glance at the stone to realize its intent. Her heart fell long, hollow. For a moment, she felt forgotten, alone. It was the sort of anonymity that she feared above all else, although she could not place the reason. It troubled her, the disturbance mixing with the grief. Deep inside her, the small glowing part of her who wanted to be loved recoiled fiercely, tearing blackened, tarred sinews of soul off with it. There was no blame for Kat, just gut wrenching denial. Phogen quietly asked, from far behind "May I add something? I-I-I...."

She mulled over the next words carefully. It was hard to process. The linguistics were limiting in the extreme. She could not express the subtlety, the nuance, the hope, the species of loss with mere words. That terrible word implied a bludgeon, like the one in Kat's hand, rather than the stiletto Phogen had hidden in her boot. It implied a bomb where there was a smokescreen. A war rather than a quiet game of politics and guile. Worse, it was an admission of being capable of such an act. It was a sign of immense weakness. It was a word that revealed that small, lonely glowworm in a dark, icy, brilliant kraata.

But there was no recourse. It had to be said. Not with volume, not with a steady voice. But said nonetheless. "I loved him."

• Upvote 4

IC Doubt

With the easiness of someone batting away a fly, he caught the fist thrown at him. He kept it there, giving enough of a squeeze to show he could break it if he wanted. "No one has ever escaped the hands of Tridax."

The mace, however, as he blocked it with his fist, rested not-so-comfortably on the back of his hand. He cringed as he saw some blood flow.

"However, take the murder into your own hands and you'll be deemed a traitor - and a dead one at that."

IC Phogen: Phogen approached and pointed her staff at the rock. Carving sillicates was very easy, especially with metamorphic rock like this. The sound shaped itself from the material, and the virbration shattered it. It was a simple process. Nevertheless, this would feel like a complicated process. She swallowed and slowly tuned the instrument with an otherworldly hum.

Then, the song began. Carving into the rock with a touch, Phogen turned the headstone into a sounding board. It amplified and refracted the sound into a near-untraceable cacophony of tones. It was a sound of power and might, organized and clever in each slice of the mineral. It was noise imperious. It was an orchestra of order. It was brilliant, studious, utterly driven. It had the noise of academia weaponized.

Yet there was another part of the song, a quieter, barely perceptible part that persisted in the gaps where the staff was lifted from the rock. It sounded like a songbird, contented and comfortable after being released from its cage. It knew its trajectory always, and it knew what freedom it went to. It was not elated or vengeful against its captors. It was simply content. No longer required to sing for the cage, it was at peace.

Phogen, shaking like a frightened child, shellshocked into a numbness of emotion very different from her usual rejection of it, stepped back from her work. Carved into the stone, in her angular notetaking scrawl, was a small epitaph. She read it aloud, voice quavering. It was as new to her as it was to anyone else. She simply felt it out. Not creation, but discovery.

Death in of itself is not a tragedy.

The death of a scientist is, because they leave with discoveries yet to be made.

The death of a scholar is, because their their torch serves to ignite others.

The death of a hero is, because the pain of their sacrifice is as unfading as the hope it provides.

The death of a friend is, because it is woefully rare to find one true and fitting.

The death of Exxan was tragic. But in it, he was freed.

For that, us charged with his memory are thankful.

She stood there, shaking like a leaf, feeling very, very cold. She needed her father to come and hug her and tell her that it was not her fault, that being here would have made no difference, that love transcended death, that she should remember the good times, that he loved her, and that he probably loved her too.

But needing something equated neither to explicit awareness of that necessity nor reception of that need. Her father barely acknowledged her existence, let alone loved her. All Phogen had was the small, cruel voice inside her, who said The only chance you had would be buried here, except there isn't anything to bury. I bet he forgot about you, so at least the lack of 'goodbye' was not a big loss.

So Phogen was left saying goodbye now. She was well past tears by now. It was more of a numbness and silence. In it, she could hear the waves rolling on the beach, the ocean breeze blowing over Nynrah, Corpus, and Visorak, carrying the contented music of songbirds.

• Upvote 5

Hoto followed after slowly. She didn't even arrive until Phogen had started her painful task. She grimaced, bracing herself for that awful grating that was soon to follow... and then her face softened, enraptured by the soothing symphony Phogen's staff drilled into the stone.

And then came the words, and Hoto lost all semblance of control. She just stood behind Phogen, silently sobbing into her hands once more.

IC: Jayar / Causeway

Jayar, too, went over to the rock (ascending rapidly into a memorial), and stood by Hoto, taking in the solemn ceremony.

Kat's words were well-written, fitting epitaphs for both Exxan and Omega. Phogen's, though, were... what were they? Could it be possible that Phogen knew of love? Was this true grief and genuine emotion, or was it all an endlessly elaborate charade, just another veil deeper than the one it normally displayed? Emotions couldn't be faked that convincingly... surely... He stood by solemnly and listened to the song, found himself genuinely saddened, and hoped that the light within was true but out of caution - paranoia? - could not allow himself to know.

But he did know that for a moment Hoto stood crying alone. And the next, he wrapped a comforting arm tightly around her, and with his other reached to gently wipe away her tears.

IC Doubt

Doubt swung his fist upwards, attempting to knock Grim's arm up before it reached its target.

"But him who kills the criminal lawlessly is doomed to be destroyed by the law."

IC Vaalku

Nearly night now.... Can this suit move its limbs yet?

Vaalku pushed a great strain of muscle power into his arms, only to find that the best he got was a slight upwards movement that lasted half an inch.

This is gonna take rrreeeaaallllllyyy long.

IC Grim:

"I -AM- THE LAW!"

Doubt would find that Grim's fist, although smaller than his own hand, with heavy plating was far more painful than one might think. Factoring in his already damaged hand, he was sure to be in for a world of hurt.

He'd also made the potentially fatal mistake of letting go of the mace.

Said mace swooped down and back up aimed at the other Rahks jaw in a crushing blow.

IC Poly:

We knelt, "how do you feel?"

Edited by Chumpu

OOC: Doubt blocked the mace with the back of his hand, he was never holding it. But whatever.

IC Doubt

"LAW MY FOOT!"

Doubt's collision with the shield-wielding hand redirected that attack to above him, but owowoowowow his hand muscles were killing him. He reeled downwards and let out an angry growl of pain.

Unfortunately, that left the mace to dig into his shoulder.

Oh yeah, hand stopped hurting. In his anger, however, he was squeezing harder and harder on Subject's closed fist. He finally let it go and grabbed towards Grim's lower arm with his left hand. "The only law around here is obey the Makuta. Disobey that, and you meet the penalties!" He shot out level 2 fragmentation powers into his hand, intending to crush Grim's arm like Styrofoam.

IC Vaalku

"Odd..." Vaalku said, not sure what was actually happening. "I can't seem to move yet."

IC Grim:

"You dare speak to me of disobeying?! I am the prodigal spawn of Gorast!"

Grim wrenched the mace free, tearing small chunks of armor away with it.

Turning into the strike, their buckler took the force of the blow well enough, though it sent him into a spin, and the metal blistered and burst in places.

"I, who bested all others before me, am worthiest of all to be enforcing the Makuta's will!"

Using the momentum gained from the strike, Grim spun, bringing the mace around for another crushing blow, aimed at the Rahkshi's side.

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

Finally arriving at the Causeway, I found a group of rahks, including - Phogen? I thought xhe was dead! - were gathered around some kind of monument on the edge of Causeway. Tombstones for Omega, and.... Exxan?

It seemed that no one could run from their fate forever. 

You know what's waiting for you at the end of all of this? the voice was back. 

I accepted the consequences long ago...

IC: Illusive - Causeway.

I said nothing, just stood there and stared at the epitaphs. 

IC: Era - Causeway. 

"I thought you and Fang hated Exxan," I got to my feet and turned to Kat. "Or have you changed your minds now?"