Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Oh, what side would hunger be on?

Well, Gorast seemed to be asking for powers geared toward physical destruction, so I'm fairly sure hunger would be on the left. Beat would probably say different, but she's biased. :P

On a different front, I feel like I should have confirmation from Wyrd before I go ahead and move Sepulchral out of the infirmary, considering the lousy shape he's in, but I'd appreciate a more experienced player's input on the matter.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Does anyone find it strange how much some Rahkshi powers overlap? Cyclone, Vacuum and Weather Control are very, very similar at low levels, for example. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On a different front, I feel like I should have confirmation from Wyrd before I go ahead and move Sepulchral out of the infirmary, considering the lousy shape he's in, but I'd appreciate a more experienced player's input on the matter.

I don't think that's necessary. Sepulchral's been in the Infirmary long enough, and it's currently empty enough, that it can probably be assumed that Palma has patched him up by now.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Does anyone find it strange how much some Rahkshi powers overlap? Cyclone, Vacuum and Weather Control are very, very similar at low levels, for example. 

There are forty-two powers, after all. It would be incredibly difficult to make so many completely original abilities, especially when each is tiered into six levels. I think that they're all separate enough, though.

To be honest, I don't really see how Molecular Disruption is a heavy hitting power, at least not at the moment when all of the rahks with that power are at low levels. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Silver

The Makuta had explicitly stated he should be on the left. The choice was obvious.

Grinning, Silver made his way to the left.

I do believe you've gotten your sides confused. Gorast sent all the heavy hitters like molecular disruption to the right, left is the more subtle powers like silence.

I'm aware. Silver is just a rebel.

FATNESS!!!

Meat Shield. 

I'm aware. Silver is just a rebel.

Ah. I had considered the possibility, but it seemed to me that if he was just being rebellious he would have at least gotten what Gorast said correct. Or you would have thrown in an OOC.

Well, good to have you back on Shark's team. Your chances of survival just increased notably. :evilgrin:

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

Well, good to have you back on Shark's team. Your chances of survival just increased notably. :evilgrin:

Last I checked, Gorast was showing blatant favouritism towards the team with how own spawn on it.... 

I don't think that's necessary. Sepulchral's been in the Infirmary long enough, and it's currently empty enough, that it can probably be assumed that Palma has patched him up by now.

Thanks for the info. That means all my characters are participating! And I have exactly two on each side, which is a weird coincidence. (I guess Kaboom's plant control could have gone either way--and strictly speaking might be better suited for the left side--but he obviously doesn't think so. It's all in how you utilize it, after all.)

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Yeah, not a big problem. :) Just wanted to get things cleared up.

Last I checked, Gorast was showing blatant favouritism towards the team with how own spawn on it.... 

Well, we'll see. I have my doubts from a purely GMing, player-satisfaction maintenance sort of standpoint that said favoritism is highly likely to be widely lethal. Not that it's going to be harmless, of course, or that no one will die, and I didn't say he'd be more likely to win. But I'd like to think that fighting alongside Shark rather than against him increases anyone's chances of survival, win or loose.

:Pokémon-esqe combat:

Go, Flabbergaster!

*Flabbergaster used burp*

*Phogen, Fang, and pretty much any Rahk besides Flabbergaster uses flick*

DEAD

Now I need to create a move list, brutalities, and fatalities for Floppymustard in Corpus Kombat. Any input from the Danish Fish himself?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I find some powers don't need to be on their own and should be combined in some way. Here's a few examples:

-Chain lightning and electricity should be one power with a level 1-3 Kraata being surrounded by an electric field that grows with the level number and level 4-6 being able to control bolts of lightning and having their powers increased with each level.

-Weather control could be unlocked at level 6 and cyclones could be generated at levels 1-3 while vacuums are achieved at levels 4 & 5.

-Rather than have two separate powers, just combine fire and ice resistance together with the strength of a kraata's power increasing with level.

-Heat and laser vision are kind of too similar to justify being separate powers.

-The idea of making a rahkshi capable of controlling any rahi but insects and a rahkshi that can only control insects is just stupid, so rahi control now includes insects, eliminating the need for another power.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I find some powers don't need to be on their own and should be combined in some way. Here's a few examples:

-Chain lightning and electricity should be one power with a level 1-3 Kraata being surrounded by an electric field that grows with the level number and level 4-6 being able to control bolts of lightning and having their powers increased with each level.

-Weather control could be unlocked at level 6 and cyclones could be generated at levels 1-3 while vacuums are achieved at levels 4 & 5.

-Rather than have two separate powers, just combine fire and ice resistance together with the strength of a kraata's power increasing with level.

-Heat and laser vision are kind of too similar to justify being separate powers.

-The idea of making a rahkshi capable of controlling any rahi but insects and a rahkshi that can only control insects is just stupid, so rahi control now includes insects, eliminating the need for another power.

I have to respectfully disagree with several of these. Fire and ice resistance as the same power just doesn't make sense, as being able to endure the icy chill of a blizzard and the smouldering heat of a volcano is simply overpowered. Heat and laser vision I kind of understand, but remember heat and lasers are, though similar, still different. Lasers would probably have a harder time boiling water than heat beams, for example, and I'd like to see someone try light up a pitch-black cavern with rays of heat. As for Rahi and insects, well, a swarm of firefliers and a Muaka seem different enough to me for two separate powers to make sense.

And I'm not sure why reducing the number of powers is even a good thing anyways? To me, having such an expansive list to choose from is wonderful. And decreasing the number not only detracts from that, but also removes from Bionicle a grand instance of the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Yeah, not a big problem. :) Just wanted to get things cleared up.

Well, we'll see. I have my doubts from a purely GMing, player-satisfaction maintenance sort of standpoint that said favoritism is highly likely to be widely lethal. Not that it's going to be harmless, of course, or that no one will die, and I didn't say he'd be more likely to win. But I'd like to think that fighting alongside Shark rather than against him increases anyone's chances of survival, win or loose.

I think it's already been proven; don't become Shark's enemy. EVER

• Upvote 2

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

I'm in agreement with Johnrahk on all of this. 

• Rahkshi Chain Lightning and Rahkshi Electricity are complete opposites. One's an offensive ability, the other is defensive. Merging them would kind of detract from that. 
  • Cyclone and Vacuum are both air-based powers, but Weather Control technically isn't, so again, that doesn't really work. 
  • Heat and Cold resistance don't really make sense together as the same power, since they're opposites as well. 
  • While similar in effect, heat and laser vision function quite differently. 
  • And considering the large number of insectoid rahi there are, it isn't all that stupid that they be different powers. 

Kovika, i'll talk to you about that via PM. ;)

I know all about electricity's defensiveness. The best that it can really do as an attack is quickly stun someone with a flash of sparks. Otherwise, it's really good for frying someone when they're on top of you.

And don't worry, as long as Shark isn't gut-hating Flabbypatty, they're gonna get along reasonably well... Maybe.

EDIT: Forgot to say this, Dallior is gonna be gone for a week and gave me temporary control of Dakilik, so we can get moving again. Also, I have a Flabbergaster MOC in the works at the moment that's really putting on the pounds- er, plastic. :P 

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

Not get on Shark's bad side...

One. Don't EVER attack shark or aggravate him when his alone. This is a rule I learn the hard way. RIP Fader.

Two. Make your characters stand on the left of the causeway, because they don't have offensive powers like fragmentation, plasma or molecular disruption.

Three. Just pop your characters in the game and pretend they were there the whole time. IC, you could have your characters ask Numlef what's going on.

EDIT: I just got Nato'd!

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Icaracx has shown up to demote Tridax due to the loss of the Visorak hordes and several rahkshi on the fifth assignment. Gorast is currently summoning all the students and is making them form groups based on their powers for the sixth assignment.

Icaracx has shown up to demote Tridax due to the loss of the Visorak hordes and several rahkshi on the fifth assignment. Gorast is currently summoning all the students and is making them form groups based on their powers for the sixth assignment.

For clarification, though, I'd like to add that the assignment (if it can even be called that; I believe Gorast titled it a 'Sports Day') is still optional.

Oh, and Raptor is back from the dead

No he isn't.

Blitz is being creepy and pretending to be him.

Whilst Rider's going slightly insane.

So, not quite back.

Oh also, new batch of Corpus MOCs by Johnrahk. :D

Well, brought back from the dead in the form of someone else thinking they are him.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

At last. Illusive will finally get his war.