Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Today I just got recently caught up with everything and realized, quite ironically, that summer has taken away the time I could be on the RPG forums. Curse summer homework.

So I'm halting my actions on Corpus Rahkshi on the account that they'll be in their rooms doing nothing. But, I'll still be on from time to time if time allows me.

The same idea will go to Bionifight characters that they'll just hang around and help out, but I'm too lazy to put the same message there. :P

So...I had a great time here, and I'd like to thank you all for being hospitable during my stay. Well maybe except that one time... But I have some things going on in my life right now.

Edit: Wow. This sounds so much like a resignation letter.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Name: Mu

Variation: Shapeshifting

Level: 2

Appearance: Chibi Omega but with the μ symbol emblazoned on his faceplate. Mu's paint is smudged and there are some areas on his back where the original gunmetal shows through due to him not having been able to reach the area in order to paint it. Overly long training sessions have left him with a physique that looks somewhat too muscly on a Rahkshi as short as him.

Image: MOC coming soon.

Gear: Mu has a pair of sharpened spoons. Don't ask why. He's special.

Personality: Obsessed with his big brother, Omega.

Bio: Mu first awoke in Omega’s presence. Although the other Rahk took no notice of him, Mu instantly became fascinated by his older brother and began parading around with a paint job and general body type identical to Omega’s, with the single exception of size.

Mu was kept behind by the Omega family’s Makuta on account of his size, as their Makuta felt that due to his diminutive stature he would require extra training. Upon Mu’s first level up, he was shipped off to Corpus.

Edited by War Machine

VBWj75sh.png

Some of you may have noticed some of my hidden text saying such things as "Aka'Ri rises". Well, Aka'Ri has come.

Name: Aka'Ri

Variation: Anger

Gear: A Rahkshi weapon staff that can be broken into two seperate axes. Also seen traveling with a Fikou spider with venomous fangs and claws.

Appearance: [insert MOC here] A pure white Rahkshi with glowing blue spikes for a spine. Its body is unnaturally straight and humanoid rather than slouched and reptilian.

Personality: Emanates pure, though slightly weak, anger. A truly evil Rahkshi, concerned only with the Makuta's bidding. Hates almost all forms of life, from Matoran to even other Rahkshi. A cold husk of a being, building it's personality off of the cold hatred from its father. This results in a hairs-width temper, which drives it to attack and destroy anything that breaks it. Aka'Ri has been considered mental, and this is not too far from the truth. It has been known to have nervous breakdowns caused by stress, and will erupt into a fiery rage, soon followed by tears of anger. 

Bio:  Its father was an unknown Makuta, though an evil one nonetheless. It was shunned by its father since creation, due to its unnatural stature and intelligence. It spent its whole life trying to perform it's father's will and prove itself, but to no avail. After years of abuse and hate, Aka'Ri sent itself to Corpus Rahkshi to train itself to be a killing machine, so that it can finally be approved by its father.  A brilliant fighter, responsible for many deaths; most uncounted.  It also travels with a ferocious Fikou spider, its pet since birthing. 

Edited by Dallior: Rahkshi Lord

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Appearance: Chibi Omega but with the μ symbol emblazoned on his faceplate. Mu's paint is smudged and there are some areas on his back where the original gunmetal shows through due to him not having been able to reach the area in order to paint it. Overly long training sessions have left him with a physique that looks somewhat too muscly on a Rahkshi as short as him.

Gear: Mu has a pair of sharpened spoons. Be aware that the ends are probably infected, so if he stabs you, you will get tetanus, and you will die.

Bio: Mu first awoke in Omega’s presence. Although the other Rahk took no notice of him, Mu instantly became fascinated by his older brother and began parading around with a paint job and general body type identical to Omega’s, with the single exception of size.

Mu was kept behind by the Omega family’s Makuta on account of his size, as their Makuta felt that due to his diminutive stature he would require extra training. Upon Mu’s first level up, he was shipped off to Corpus.

Approved

Gear: A Rahkshi staff that can be broken into two seperate axes.

Appearance: [insert MOC here] A pure white Rahkshi with glowing blue spikes for a spine. Stands up straight and humanoid rather than slouched and reptilian.

Personality: Emanates pure, though slightly weak, anger. A truly evil Rahkshi, concerned only with the Makuta's bidding. Hates all forms of life, from Matoran to even other Rahkshi.

Bio: A son of Teridax himself. Rather looked down upon by his father as a failure, due to his unnatural intelligence. Here at Corpus Rahkshi to prove its worthiness to its father. A brilliant fighter, responsible for many deaths; most uncounted. The sibling of Phogen.

Always a bit wary of ones that are straight-backed and supposedly humanoid. You realise Rahkshi don't look like that because of bad posture, thats just how they are, right?

Just to check, emanating pure anger like that still just has the same effects as a normal level 2 powers, yes?

Slight contradiction in your profile, it says he hates everyone and everything...except clearly not because he's trying to earn Teridax's favour. Clearly doesn't hate his dad too much

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to start out with proper rahkshi staffs? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Whenever someone says they have a Rahkshi staff I'm assuming its just a convenient way of saying they've got one of those twin-headed staffs, rather than an officially bestowed staff. In my headcanon, and therefore in the game's canon, its not the material or properties of the staff that gives a boost to Rahkshi, its the fact thats its been given to them by their Makuta. Its a symbol and extension of their creator's power, and in turn makes them more powerful. Similar to how Rahkshi given a mission are far more dangerous than just wild Rahkshi

• Upvote 4

7AOYGDJ.jpg

In my headcanon, and therefore in the game's canon, its not the material or properties of the staff that gives a boost to Rahkshi, its the fact thats its been given to them by their Makuta. Its a symbol and extension of their creator's power, and in turn makes them more powerful.

Hm.... Interesting.... Kind of makes me wonder why all of those characters who are described as being incredibly trusted by their Makuta weren't given proper staffs before being sent to Corpus Rahkshi... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Gear: Mu has a pair of sharpened spoons. Be aware that the ends are probably infected, so if he stabs you, you will get tetanus, and you will die.

Approved

Gear: A Rahkshi staff that can be broken into two seperate axes.

Appearance: [insert MOC here] A pure white Rahkshi with glowing blue spikes for a spine. Stands up straight and humanoid rather than slouched and reptilian.

Personality: Emanates pure, though slightly weak, anger. A truly evil Rahkshi, concerned only with the Makuta's bidding. Hates all forms of life, from Matoran to even other Rahkshi.

Bio: A son of Teridax himself. Rather looked down upon by his father as a failure, due to his unnatural intelligence. Here at Corpus Rahkshi to prove its worthiness to its father. A brilliant fighter, responsible for many deaths; most uncounted. The sibling of Phogen.

Always a bit wary of ones that are straight-backed and supposedly humanoid. You realise Rahkshi don't look like that because of bad posture, thats just how they are, right?

Just to check, emanating pure anger like that still just has the same effects as a normal level 2 powers, yes?

Slight contradiction in your profile, it says he hates everyone and everything...except clearly not because he's trying to earn Teridax's favour. Clearly doesn't hate his dad too much

He's an irregularity. That's how I'm explaining the "straight back". I understand they're not just badly postured (unlike some people).

Yes, I checked the Rahkshi powers. It's in strict compliance with canon rules.

Changed the Teridax thing.

Also, yes the "staff" means a set-like weapon staff, not an actual staff (or "wizard stick", as is called in the Lego Dimensions teaser).

Better?

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

The sibling of Phogen.

I'm assuming this just means they came from the same Makuta, not that they were spawned together or knew each other or anything like that. However, if it's more than that, I suggest you talk to Phogen's player before you go trying to make up backstory stuff. 

Alright.... I'm going to make this fairly straightforward and try to be open-minded about this: I chose Teridax as Phogen's parent as a way of developing the character further. Not as a gimmick, but as a true shaping of what and who they are.

A quote from a prior post:

"Phogen's father I have defined in the serials, and hinted at in her bio, but never stated outright. Instead of taking a purpose approach, like a spy or an experiment or a donation, I have tried to really design her personality and hopes and dreams as someone who instinctively feels as if they were raised by *the* Makuta. Go after that son/daughter of Makuta idea, so to speak.

Specifically, in Phogen's case, someone who idolizes their father, sees them as their hero. Someone who has been taught what it means to love something by their father. Someone who would take a small gesture of rhetoric, such as a replacement set of armor and an off-hand admission of paternity, as a brilliant ray of hope that is cause for a manic sort of ecstasy. Someone who has had to grow up remarkably fast in the absence of their hero, and has noticed, painfully, that their father cares very little for them, and probably barely notices that they exist. Someone who, instead of blaming the father for never being there, blames themselves for not being good enough to deserve their attention.

For all Phogen's interal excuses that he/she wishes to rule the world, for the good of the world, or wants to be at his/her father's side when he completes his plan, all she really wants is to know her father loves him/her. Thats what fuels her ambition, deep down in that child that never was.

In my case, I used the parentage to deepen Phogen, and take my intially simple idea of a makuta in a rahkshi's skin and turn it into a complex, three dimensional character."

You see, they aren't Teridax's offspring because they are smart and cunning and skilled in the dark arts. They are Teridax's because it defines *who they are*, like any parent. This is a being who loves the manipulator of the manipulators as a father, who wants to make him proud so badly that it defines their gender identity. And even then, Phogen had to escape the lair of Tren Krom, cure their madness by killing a Toa of Psyonics, and slog their way across half the universe just to get him to admit he was their father. And still, Phogen fights on, trying to be the best they can be so they can receive some expression of acknowledgement or affection from their father.

That's why she spent the first assignment sitting out and pulling strings from the shadows, brokering information and assassinations and protection for favors and information. The first thing she said to another student was a lie designed to pull information, and that very student is now her best friend and first crush. They have proceeded to use every game, battle, and assignment as part of a master plan. He has shown altruism to blind and cripple students not because he is kind, but because he sees the power in them and the loyalty he can foster. They started the first faction in the school. They have a reputation that has echoed through the halls even when their footsteps do not. All because of their Makuta.

I worry that your profile simply does not match this sort of thought or complexity. I do understand that characters need to be developed beyond a profile and that this isn't giving me the whole picture. And I would like to see how a different sort of person could result from the same upbringing/abandonment. But I do not think your profile reflects that, and I therefore must decline my approval.

My recommendation is this: use Makuta as an enrichment of your bio, not as the core focus. An icy, seething knot of pure bile at existence is a good core to build off of. A "son of Teridax" is not, unless you really, really, really think it through. And even then, it's a fairly static character. Phogen has way, way more going on in them than just her daddy issues. Ask anyone who has dealt with them before. Or read recent posts about their burgeoning emotional capacity. Or read their bio. I really do hate to be the one to rain on your parade, and I do want to see your ideas come to life in this wonderful online community of dedicated roleplayers. I just can't approve the current form.

Apologies, and please, keep doing this. I want to see what you can come up with.

-Funky

• Upvote 4

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

The first thing she said to another student was a lie designed to pull information, and that very student is now her best friend and first crush. 

Fun times. :D

My recommendation is this: use Makuta as an enrichment of your bio, not as the core focus. 

^ So much this.

For example, my characters are all impacted by the way their respective Makuta treated them. Their Makuta are more than just names in their bios (most of my characters come from unknown Makuta, so there aren't even actually any names), they're people who've had a massive influence on my character's background and upbringing. 

My recommendation is this: use Makuta as an enrichment of your bio, not as the core focus. 

^ So much this.

For example, my characters are all impacted by the way their respective Makuta treated them. Their Makuta are more than just names in their bios (most of my characters come from unknown Makuta, so there aren't even actually any names), they're people who've had a massive influence on my character's background and upbringing. 

Yep, yep. Same here.

Though my character's makuta is based off a few ideas that I've had for an OC. They'll probably just stay as ideas.

• Upvote 1

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

*is silent* Wow. Just... wow. I feel unworthy to ever RP again. 

I'll go and redo my profile to add more... meat. Don't approve my profile yet, Ultron.

EDIT: Redone. I may even have more changes, since I wrote it up while my siblings were watching TV. Distractions = not fun.

Tiragath is lost to us...

Gear: A Rahkshi weapon staff that can be broken into two seperate axes. Also seen traveling with a Fikou spider with venomous fangs and claws.

Appearance: [insert MOC here] A pure white Rahkshi with glowing blue spikes for a spine. Its body is unnaturally straight and humanoid rather than slouched and reptilian.

Personality: Emanates pure, though slightly weak, anger. A truly evil Rahkshi, concerned only with the Makuta's bidding. Hates almost all forms of life, from Matoran to even other Rahkshi. Its father was Makuta Teridax himself. It was shunned by its father since creation, due to its unnatural stature and intelligence. It spent its whole life trying to perform Teridax's will and prove itself, but to no avail. Sent itself to Corpus Rahkshi to train itself to be a killing machine, so that it can finally be approved by its father. 

Bio: A cold husk of a being, building it's personality off of the cold hatred ffrom its father. A brilliant fighter, responsible for many deaths; most uncounted.  It also travels with a ferocious Fikou spider, its pet since birthing.

You've said there may be more changes to this...can I recommend one of them be fleshing out the bio more? Try and make it more than a couple of sentences, the first of which is really just description of their personality...

Edited by Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Icarax and Gorast.... interesting.