How can you nickname the Bionicle 2015 reboot?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) I know that we are very, very, super-excited that Bionicle is coming back, but as a reboot, so I'm thinking what can we individually nickname it in your feelings?

I also know that BS01 calls it Generation 2, but, as I said, how can we individually call it in our feelings? Are you okay with Generation 2, or do you have another name in mind?

For me, I would prefer to call the reboot "Ultimate Bionicle". Let me explain why I made up that name: reboots are alternate universes, so fans would give them different names to distinguish then from the universe from the original story. Since the Bionicle reboot is an alternate universe, there are a lot of differences from the G1 Bionicle story: the Masters are like stronger, more flexible, and tougher than the original Toa Mata (like having more weapons, more functions on them, and being bulkier). So, I call the reboot "Ultimate Bionicle" because this description of the reboot reminds me of Ultimate Marvel comics where characters (like famously Ultimate Spider-Man) are tougher than the original ones from the main Marvel universe from the main Marvel Comics. Since I nickname the reboot "Ultimate Bionicle", I would also nickname the Masters "Ultimate Toa Mata" because they are tougher than the original Toa Mata in my feeling. I thought these nicknames are cool to use.

So, there. You see what I mean?

Also so, how would you nickname the reboot in your feelings? Just asking.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I write G2, I read in my head Generation 2. If I were to ever actually physically talk about it it would probably be Gen. 2.

I for one have only supreme distaste for the Ultimate:X system, & most variants thereof.

I don't need to have it look like I'm declaring one series ot be intrinsically better than another - & that will prob up the first time a group implements this sort of scheme. Aside from that bit of pedantry, I simply don't like the 'Ultimate' style because it isn't really informative. Unless something is particularly FANTASTIC or HORRIBLE, people are going to subjectively argue about it ...but we're back at the aforementioned pedantic point.

I know G2 / Gen. 2 / Generation 2 aren't particularly imaginative, so I welcome other suggestions, although I'm not a fan of Masters either (even though that is informative, it [still] sounds very generic).

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

i just call it G2 or Gen 2. makes it simpler to distinguish between generations - just calling it by the year doesn't make that distinction at all, while 'Okotoverse' doesn't really have a G1 equivalent (Mata Nui-verse? kinda awkward). plus, assigning names (Okotoverse or Ultimate) rather than numbers to the incarnations of the line is honestly not that great an idea - just look at Marvel. look how many different names there are for the various series of any given superhero (Spider-Man comes to mind) and tell me that that isn't confusing.

('bionice' is tempting though)

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 2

Bionicle '15 or Gen2 have been how i've referred to it whenever simply Bionicle wasn't enough :P

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

i just call it G2 or Gen 2. makes it simpler to distinguish between generations - just calling it by the year doesn't make that distinction at all, while 'Okotoverse' doesn't really have a G1 equivalent (Mata Nui-verse? kinda awkward). plus, assigning names (Okotoverse or Ultimate) rather than numbers to the incarnations of the line is honestly not that great an idea - just look at Marvel. look how many different names there are for the various series of any given superhero (Spider-Man comes to mind) and tell me that that isn't confusing.

('bionice' is tempting though)

You know, Gen 1 could be called the Mataverse. So Okotoverse works for me. :P

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I think Generation 2, G2, or Gen. 2 is fine. Though can also just as easily call it "the BIONICLE reboot" or "the 2015 reboot" or even just "BIONICLE 2015" in casual conversation. Once it's been around for a year or so, names referring specifically to 2015 won't work nearly as well, but they're good for right now.

• Upvote 3

You know, Gen 1 could be called the Mataverse. So Okotoverse works for me. :P

IMO it doesn't really make sense to name an entire universe/story generation after one island.

Well, the islands are where the stories begin in both universes. They're the most iconic places in the story because they're the starting points that everyone remembers. (Well, I'm not sure if you can say that much about Okoto just yet, but we'll see.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Masterverse sounds good, but has a cheesy edge to it :P I'm still leaning on the Gen 2 phrase - it's very practical and easy to understand. Mataverse and Okotoverse distinctions I actually don't mind, though.

"Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, 'No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back,' it never WOULD have come back."

-Greg Farshtey