Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM IC:

The stranger finally showed some emotion, a short and disconcertingly normal laugh.

"You should be more believing of strangers, drunkard."

He made no move as Derkahn walked away, until...

"Tell me your name."

Matoro facepalmed again.

"I'm not sure why you thought listening to and trusting a computer terminal was such a bright idea, don't the people of this day practice common sense? It's no matter now, if what you have just told me is true, than our chances of harming Ascension have decreased even further. Despite any of his claims to the contrary, you are not the first person roped into his schemes. Nor the first source of Toa energy he has obtained. Before you, he drained first I, then two of my brothers in arms, killed during the conflict when he assumed direct control of the facility. If the temples you reference are Mangaia, as I believe, he will have received the heart of our Kra-Toa brother Ahkmou."

Seemingly unworried about Oblitus, perhaps resigned to his and perhaps the island's eventual fate, he made his way to the console. Bringing up maps. One such map was dotted by various locations, six in fact. Mangaia, the center of Seize, the mountains to the north of Treize and three locations throughout Nomansland.

"Resting places of my brother and sister Toa." He fingered the screen, crossing Mangaia out. "There were twelve of us once upon a time," another overlay popped up, listing twelve names and short profiles. "We each were empowered, granted control over one or more of the elements. Six of us founded nations. The other five either became loners, recluses or stayed here with me. Two of them," he pointed out the names Gwyddion and Uruk, listed as a Vah-Toa and Av-Toa respectively, "went MIA. I have never learned their whereabouts."

Returning to the map, he pointed to the Treize and Seize markings. "Tombs, much like Mangaia, lay under Treize and Seize. Interred within are the remains of the Toa of Sonics and the Toa of Fire, respectively. While I hate the idea, utilizing their energies to create more Toa may be our only feasible way of defeating Ascension."

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascenion B3.

I decided not to mention the Toa stones currently in my possession. "I see...." I mused, "...and why do you hate the idea?" This old guy was giving me exactly the sort of knowledge that Ascension had promised me. 

Funny how things turn out, isn't it? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Derkahn (Circadian Entrance)

How did the stranger know to call him a drunkard? The more time he spent in the same room with the tall 'Toa', the more worried and afraid e became. He stopped one step away from the door. "My name is Derkahn. Der-Kahn. Never call me 'Derkie'. Is there anything else you want?" He had no intention of keeping his old name after he would leave, because he didn't want the crew of Jatikko to find him in the case they survive the puzzles of Circadian. And now this stranger gave another reason to do so.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Olis - Ascension

"Right...three, two, one--" For a few seconds, the localized gravity shifts so that what was once a wall is now a floor, in the centre of which is the chute that was previously a hallway. I jump first, glad to get out of this place as I feel the walls rushing past less than half metres from either of my shoulders. I fall out the end of the tunnel, leaving the gravity field and falling to the real ground. I briefly think about leaving Einefus, but...well, there wouldn't be much point.

You're not going soft, are you? No, I'm being logically. #### off.

IC: Zeleran - Circadian

The steltian frowned briefly before saying "Onwards, then."

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

GM IC: 

Several floors below, the robotic crab had finally freed itself from the fading gravity well. Its master had instructed it to eliminate the intruders, and eliminate them it would. The Matoran had vanished, but the Toa.... those, it could sense.

They had a head start, but it would track them down, eventually...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC:

The creature waited silently. It could feel its impatience growing, but it knew better than to act rashly. This was the first opportunity for fresh food it had encountered in many years.... it didn't want such an opportunity to go to waste. 

GM IC:

"No, there is not, Derkie. You are free to leave."

The stranger turned back to the entrance of the catacombs, seemingly intent on patiently waiting for the errant crew to return.

The party of the Jattiko would find themselves in a curious room. A square one, slightly smaller than the one above, but far more cluttered. A locked door was on each wall, various statues of heroic looking figures or amazing beasts stood around the room, covered in dust.

At the halfway point to the middle of the room stood four mirrors, one facing each door.

"You're having trouble figuring out why I would object to robbing the graves of my brothers? Are you soft in the head?"

Edited by Kaneo Takarada

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension B3. 

"No, I'm not," I smirked, "But I think you might be." 

IC: Derkahn (Circadian Entrance)

The Onu-Matoran frowned and muttered something after hearing the stranger call him 'Derkie', but there was little he could do to a man who was almost twice his size. It was far safer and more sensible to just leave before the eccentric stranger would change his mind. He walked outside and breathed in, enjoying the brush of wind on his face and the warm rays of the blazing sun above.

He walked towards the only love in his life: The Jatikko, a true beauty of steel and fire. He checked if she was unharmed and went inside the pirate complex. He gathered all the food, valuables and weapons he could find and retrieved his barrel of booze. After loading everything inside the tank, he took his toolbox and tinkered with all the abandoned Armors in the area, making sure that they wouldn't function. He severed wires and pipes, dismantled engines and broke hydraulics. He gathered some useful spare parts and returned to the Jatikko. After climbing inside and sitting down on his leather-covered seat, he sighed and said "It's just you and me, darling. I think it's time to head east and start my life anew, again."

The tank's engine roared as it awoke, and Derkahn drove away from the compound, refusing to look back.

OoC: Making a few assumptions here: 1) All pirates are very dead 2) All the armors are just sitting outside unguarded

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

GM IC:

Due to his own codgy tendencies, or perhaps a little bit of cabin fever from being locked in a basement for untold centuries, Matoro was becoming quite cross with the De-Matoran. His incontinent elemental control had caused a layer of rime to form near and even over his person. A layer that would prove quite tough if the graverobber attempted to attack.

"I think you need to leave."

The Turaga's mask was unknown to Oblitus, but the tell tale signs of it's activation were not. It took on a slight sheen and the deepset blue eyes glimmered.A dozen meters to their left, one of the dead creatures in the tubes twitched. A spasm in it's deep slumber?

The mirror was quite ornate in appearance, the frame crafted of wrought iron and the stand resembling a rahi holding it up with claw and teeth. A compassrose at the bottom indicated it was facing the south. Ikira would note that it's reflection seemed off. Of the numerous statues in the room, less than half were reflected back. Behind her, a door that did not exist barred the reflected stairway. Most curiously, neither her nor any member of her party was reflected in it.

...but close to it

GM IC:

Arkie would find herself in only one mirror's reflection, that of the eastern mirror. However, in that reflection her equipment was not present. She stood unarmed. So to was the eastern barred door not reflected in the mirror, instead an open doorway into a darkened room showed.

...but close to it

"How exactly am I supposed to leave?" I snapped, "I'm trapped down here, same as you." The lie was easy. This guy still had information; I wasn't done questioning him yet. "Considering that you're still down here after all these years, there clearly isn't another way out."

Seeing his mask begin to glow, I lowered my launcher, slinging it across my back. 

IC: Lohi (Seize)

"I'm bored."

IC Tor:

I sighed, glad that back up had arrived. 

"Take this one to the jail, and let them know he came willingly."

I looked at the younger Ga-Matoran. "Maybe a little prison time will teach you not to go on a rampage. Nice place here in seize, we even have a psychiatrist. Fix the root of the problem."

I nodded to the police forces.

IC: Kulkakahn

Kulk sighed. "That was easier than expected."

GM IC: Seize Military - Seize (Streets)

"Actually," one of the officers stated as he exited his Exo-Suit and produced a pair of handcuffs. "Command has... other ideas."

Lohi would soon find himself with both of his arms pinned behind his back, the metal digging into his wrists as the mechanisms were callously locked into position without regard for the Ga-Matoran's personal comfort.

"By the order of Emperor Lhii, I hereby place you under arrest for nine counts of distruction of public property, twelve counts of assault with a deadly weapon, three counts of arson, and one count of domestic terrorism. Have a nice nap."

Should the offender have glanced in the direction of the one arresting him after the list of charges had been read off, he would've noticed the battle-hardened Po-Matoran at his flank raise his Greypowder musket high above his shoulders before thrusting the buttstock of his weapon, with enough force to immediately render him unconcious, directly towards his head.

The message itself couldn't have been any clearer.

Don't mess with Seize.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Suko (Ihu Foothills)

I grab the book and thump it hard on the grass in an attempt to blow the flames out, before reaching for the pistol and giving the trigger an experimental pull.

IC: Arkie (Circadian Level Four)

"Here goes nothing!" Turning, I begin walking towards the position which the mirror shows the open doorway to be in.

IC: Lohi (Seize)

ow.

VBWj75sh.png

GM IC:

Arkie bumped into the very solid door and gracelessly fell on her rump. Zeleran would find to find himself reflected in only one mirror, the eastern one, his image bereft of equipment of any type.

The dead monster twitched again. An ugly mask of anger and mistrustfulness had transfigured Matoro's face.

"I am having doubts about your story, turn out the contents of your pockets and bag, I think you're hiding something from me!"

...but close to it

"I'm hiding plenty of things," I replied with a wry smile, "and none of them are any of your business." In a flash, I'd drawn my elemental pistol and had it leveled at his head. "But if you must know..." 

I fired. 

GM IC: 

The tunnel opened up into a wide, open chamber, filled with stalagmites, stalactites, and other large rock formations for a monster to hide itself behind. In the middle of the room were the remains of several unfortunate Matoran, as well as several who looked relatively unharmed. It was those still alive who'd been calling for help.

It was also blatantly obvious that this was a trap...

IC Elerc:

The Venture's clanking legs skidded to a stop as the team approached the wreckage. "Doseki," he addressed the Matoran over teh Venture's radio, "I think we'd better put this on hold."

OOC: When are we meeting the other team?

IC (As Hisuti): "What the heck happened here?" The matoran of water asked as she saw the wreckage after regrouping with the Po-Matoran.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

GM OOC: If all goes according to plan, exactly one GM Post from now.

GM IC: ???

For a moment, all seemed quiet amongst the vehicular graveyard... too quiet.

Then, out of nowhere, came the sound of something thick repeatedly banging up against one of the wrecks.

A quick examination of their immediate surroundings produced nothing that could've been making the odd noise, implying that the source of the disturbance was located further inside the field of mechanical carnage, almost as if it was beckoning them closer towards the gnarled tree that lie near its center...

As clouds began to darken the sky above them, threatening to drench the Rescue Party in the torrential downpour that was now more than likely to occur, the group of Matoran had just been presented with a possible sign of life as a familiar aroma began circulating its way into the air around them.

GM IC: Treize Expeditionary Force - Following Logan's Trail

"Are you sure we should've just let him go off on his own like that, Kain?" Dix asked, wondering if they should pursue the most recent member of their team. "Logan went off on his own as well, and we still haven't -"

"Quiet," Amaranth said, his head turning towards the area ahead of them. "Do you hear that?"

As the group fell silent for a moment, the distinct sound of an engine could be heard from their position.

"Hostiles?" Radicchio inquired, looking in Kain's direction as he waited for his input.

"Dix, Amaranth, you stick to the treeline and see if you can flank them while remaining undetected. Shard, go wherever you think you'll be most needed. Radicchio and I are going to come up from the opposite direction in order to determine their numbers," the Ta-Matoran said as he readied his weapons, checking his ammo reserves as he did so. "Hold your fire unless you're given reason not to, and for the love of Karz, stay in radio contact. The last thing we need are more missing people."

The two groups broke off and began making their approach, completely ignoring the fact that the strange scent from before had now returned.

GM IC: ???

Thankfully, due to Suko's timely intervention, the fire that had threatened to consume the book was extinguished, leaving most of the handwriten text intact. The pistol, still being in working condition, made a resounding click as the Ta-Matoran squeezed the trigger.

This whole discovery reeked of strangeness. A chest filled with jewels wasn't exactly something people found everyday stuffed in logs out in the middle of the jungle, after all...

How had it gotten here?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Elerc:

"I don't know.", he replied, "But I really don't like the look of that tree. Doesn't it seem weird that it's the only thing there besides wreckage? Wish we had Suko here, a fireburst would make short work of that thing."

Elerc clambered into the turret, grasping the handles of the EE co-ax as he felt the machine drawing on his latent power.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Rescue Party)

IC: Doseki drove into the armor graveyard with everyone else and noticed the familiar smell permeating throughout the area. Could that tree actually be the culprit? Looking up into the sky Doseki noticed the encroaching storm front. "I don't think Suko would be of very much use if that weather is about to do what I think it is about to do." Doseki pulled closer to the dead looking tree to examine it closer. "I'm not sure why you don't like it Elerc. It just seems like a normal tree to me." Doseki got out of his RAT and walked up to the trunk of the tree.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Ic: Grēgorios

The matoran stepped forward to examine some of the rubble that was left behind - all of it useless though, so there was no point in examining further.

"That tree doesn't seem right.", he said to the group.

"I've been out in the deserts a long time, and the only things that live there a cacti and corpses. No tree should be around here, were bios away from the forest, and there's little to no rain that ever comes here. This pile of junk here doesn't bode well either." He said, resting on an upturned explorer.

"If we're going over there, I'd advice extreme caution, don't not be afraid to fire."

IC (As Hisuti): "If that is a disguise, then that is the worst I have seen." The water matoran said, referring to the tree. "Let's hope those rahkshi don't come back.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

OOC: Doseki & the Desert RAT (Rescue Party)

IC: Doseki looked back at the group when he heard them talk about firing on this miracle of Nature. "Ok, New rule from the New guy. Nobody is allowed to fire first and ask questions second when I am standing between their weapons and the thing they want to fire upon. This tree may be a freak and unnatural nature but that doesn't make it a bad thing."

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

IC Kat:

I frowned. 

"Alright, boys and girls, we're gonna do this one by the book.  Set up cover around our lost man, and we move on my mark"

Short, thick walls of iron and stone emerged from the ground around the lone Matoran. I took one last look around the chamber.

"Mark!"

We sprinted for the cover.

IC:

A small desert plant was crushed as the massive tread of Mordecai rolled over it.

Seize. What a city.

Rolling up close, Akada popped the lid temporarily to eject a fruit core he had been sucking on for some time.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC Elerc:

"If it's responsible for this wreckage, it does make it a bad thing."

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM IC:

As the group began to sprint forwards, the beast broke from cover. With a savage roar, it began charging towards the group from the left with its jagged claws splayed wide...

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

GM IC: ???

While Suko was able to find some ammunition for his new weapon amongst the gems, the chest possessed no Greypowder to launch them with, rendering it temporarily useless until he could acquire some through other means (unless, of course, he already had some on him).

If it did, his method of removing it from the log might've caused quite the explosion instead, and with the gems acting as shrapnel, it was doubtful that he would've been able to escape the blast in one piece.

GM IC: Seize Military - Seize (City Gates)

As Akada made his way towards the city, he was greeted with the sight of the squad guarding the entrance leading into their homeland, a group consisting of two heavy tanks adorned with a variety of weaponry and the numerous Exo-Suits accompanying them. Upon seeing his approach, one of the mechs, clad in red armor and sporting two drilling tools for its hands along with a plumed Pakari, stepped forward and raised one of its arms in an attempt to signal him to stop. Soon afterwards, the Vortixx's radio crackled to life, revealing a high-pitched, feminine voice trying to make contact with him.

"Approaching Tank-Unit, please state the names and species of all occupants inside of the vehicle while providing the intentions of your visit. We apologise in advance for the extra security and the third-degree, but some idiot in an Exo-Suit decided to go on a rampage recently and ended up demolishing an entire city street."

GM IC: Treize Expeditionary Force - Following Logan's Trail

Kain positioned himself behind the remains of a rusted old tank, taking cover behind it and peeking out at the group of individuals now in sight as Radicchio slid up to his side.

"See anything?" the impressionable Vo-Matoran asked, readying both the buzzsaw arm and the razor disk launcher of his Exo-Suit.

"Not as much as I'd like to. Just an Exo and some type of transport vehicle with a turret attached," Kain admitted, fumbling around inside of his mech as he activated his comms unit. "Dix, Amaranth, come in. You two see anything on your end?"

"Affirmative," Amaranth's voice responded. "I have an additional Fikou-Class unit and another Exo in the sights of my suit's rifle. Standing by from my position in the treeline for orders to engage."

"Any signs of Logan being with them, per chance?"

A long pause graced his interior speakers as rain began to fall from the sky.

"Negative."

"Karz..." the Ta-Matoran said under his breath. "Alright, keep that weapon of yours trained on the Fikou, and tell Dix to keep an eye on the Exo. If the Sergeant isn't with them, then we'll just have to "convince" them to tell us where he is. When I give the signal, grab their attention with a few well-placed rounds, but try not to kill any of them unless it's absolutely necessary; they just might give up when they find out that they're surrounded, and they can't talk if they're dead."

"Got it, boss," Dix said, keeping his rivet gun trained on his target as he ducked behind a busted up Exo and began aiming at the area around its feet.

"Ready, Radicchio?" Kain asked, pointing his blasters just shy of his target's position.

"Just say the word, Kain. The faster we find the Sergeant, the faster we can head towards Ascension," he said, leveling his launcher at the oddly-placed tree near the other vehicle's owner, who had previously stepped out and onto the field.

A few seconds passed by in silence, the Ta-Matoran waiting for exactly the right moment for them to launch their attack before barking his command.

"Alright, boys! Time to light 'em up!"

GM OOC: Treize Rescue Party, say hello to the Treize Expeditionary Force!

Kain is attacking GrègoriosRadicchio is attacking DosekiDix is attacking Hisuti, and Amaranth is taking pot shots at the ground beneath the legs of Elerc's Fikou from his position in the jungle, although they are partially silenced due to his suit's Volitak. None of them are actually intended to hit any of you, though, so you don't have to worry about your characters taking damage in your next post.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Elerc:

Elerc's cannon swiveled as the shots hit next to the Venture's legs. Attempting to determine their direction, he blindly fired off several magnetic bursts with the intent of magnetizing together anything they hit. NOnlethal, but stunning. "Who are you?!", he called.

IC Akada

Akada sat open-mouthed trying to contain the idea of a person being so idiotic as to perform such an act before finally responding. "...Akada, Vortixx. Intending to buy merchandise."

There was an unease in his tone as if he doubted the security of this city. Would they be ticked about the core...?