Bionicle Character You Didn't Want To Die

I think Nidhiki was such an interesting character he was the first turncoat we heard of and when I heard he used to be a Toa I was like "Whoa he used to be a Toa I wonder what happened to him". I think his death was really unnecessary I mean being eaten by Makuta? pretty lame.I also think his best buddy Krekka shouldn't have died he was quite hilarious typical dumb tough guy it would've been cool if the pair where in the later years.Lhikan was epic and I think he had a good personality but I can't help but feel he only existed so they could make a terrible past for Vakama.All the Makuta of 08's deaths where pointless as they where new villains and had interesting personalities particularly Krikka as he didn't really want to help Teridax but he felt it was the only way.Teridax the main villain gets killed by a rock through his head. -.-All the Piraka had such potential but where rendered useless when they were mutated into snakes because of that I didn't particularly care about Zaktan's death.A recurring theme seems to be characters die after the year they are introduced.

B9jyQ_9IIAIinc0.png

Jovan one of my favorite Toa I would have really liked to see him more in the main stroyline, it would have been cool to have turaga on voya-nui in 2006 ;) .

ah yes we could have had a enslaved turaga oh what fun that would have been also if there had been a turaga i'm pretty sure he would have known right off the bat that the piraka were not toa which would have ruined everything and the pirka would have most likely killed him. I also wish krika would not have died along with thok.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought Toa Ignika was cool. I know he is currently Mata Nui, but he was AWESOME! Why'd they get rid of him?

Oh yeah, Ignika. It bothers me that Ignika as a character was dropped after 2008, even if he didn't really "die." Jut because Mata Nui wants to remain dormant doesn't mean Ignika shouldn't have gotten another chance to be a living being and help out. I guess it would kind of demean his sacrifice to awaken Mata Nui, but it's disregarding all the characterization he got and that really bothers me.

AXKP5KC.png

Teridax. I think as the series villain, he deserved a far, far grander fate than getting slammed in the face with a rock. Come on, Tuyet got cut in half with a portal, Carapar got disintegrated by Cthulhu's spawn and the rest of the Makuta got shazamed by lightning. Teridax was looking in the other direction when a meteorite passed his way.I think he would have deserved something darker and more karmically appropriate for his actions. I would have liked to see him powerless and weak, and forced to live, knowing that nobody would help him out.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Krika (of course), Nocturn, I was kind of sorry for Carapar, and Zaktan. Although, Greg has hinted pretty clearly that Zaktan was the green mist that went into Golden Being...

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Why did you have to die Carapar!? :P Anyway, now that I got that out of the way, I think that Carapar was the best Barraki. Seriously, he saved a Ga-matoran's life, was thoroughly hypnotized by a evil back-stabber and got desintergrated by a giant amoba.Although I might be biased to the fact that he was a invunerable crab.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Teridax. ... I think he would have deserved something darker and more karmically appropriate for his actions. I would have liked to see him powerless and weak, and forced to live, knowing that nobody would help him out.

We've gotten that already with Strakk, Tuma, and Nektann, and so far it doesn't seem that interesting of a final fate. Personally, I find the characters who are reduced to wandering outcasts to be even more wasted than those who are killed.And I think most BIONICLE characters would have agreed that the Makuta was too dangerous to be left alive. Edited by Angel Bob
  • Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much anyone who died in a serial. They all kind of died in vain. Especially the death of Botar was annoying - a perfectly good character with a name was killed with no reason at all and replaced by someone we don't know. And we name him "Botar's replacement". The most vain death ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Teridax. ... I think he would have deserved something darker and more karmically appropriate for his actions. I would have liked to see him powerless and weak, and forced to live, knowing that nobody would help him out.

We've gotten that already with Strakk, Tuma, and Nektann, and so far it doesn't seem that interesting of a final fate. Personally, I find the characters who are reduced to wandering outcasts to be even more wasted than those who are killed.And I think most BIONICLE characters would have agreed that the Makuta was too dangerous to be left alive.
I see your point, but I sincerely disagree with it. For a villain, death is a final escape, avoiding retribution for their actions. I agree with you in as far as minor villains who never really did anything are wandering the desert, but they can always find some form of civilisation. Teridax on the other hand, would be rejected by everything. Every living creature hates him. The inhabitants of the Matoran Universe hate him for enslaving them, the Glatorian hate him for trying to kill them, the Skrall hate him for losing the battle. He would have no friend to turn to, no-one to comfort him and most importantly, nobody to inflate his ego. And assuming Mata Nui had some way of removing his powers, just imagine how he would feel, to be forced to wander the planet he tried to ruin, surrounded by those he enslaved and to know he can do nothing about it.I think he deserves that far more than some measly rock in the back of the head, if only because the best way to judge an antagonist is by their fate in the end. Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Lhikan, though it was important for him to die. Other than that, Botar, it was so abrupt.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say I would have liked to see more Krika, he had a lot of potential. Likwise, Tren Krom shouldn't have died. He is an ancient being of untold power, whose mind was able to run the Matoran Universe (not at full strength, but he handled the system better than most would have. Mata-Nui and Makuta are the only ones better) He had been imprisoned for ages for crimes he might commit, which would have made for interesting interactions with the Great Beings. And he had some sort of attachment to the Matoran Universe, he seemed disturbed by what had happened to the MU after he was imprisoned and he did agree to save it. He had so much potential.

Edited by Tanma
  • Upvote 1

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

The main deaths that bugged me were Karzahni, Carapar, Botar and Nocturn. Caraper was one of my favorite Barraki, and to see him go so soon was disappointing. Karzahni would be an interesting character on the new planet, an insane, nightmare-giver with no allies or sides (Having him join a faction would have been cool), but he was stabbed and dumped off a cliff. Botar and Nocturn perished on the side and way too quickly for it to be considered a good 'death.' Both of their attitudes and personalities were great, and having the authoritative Botar during the final war would have been wonderful, but he was erased as soon as he was made. Though Nocturn died at Hydroxen's hand, it still seemed rushed and random.

"Wait, a hundred ships to one starfighter? It'll be a slaughter!

"That's the spirit!"

No! I mean MY slaughter!"

-Alex and Grig from The Last Starfighter-

Tellurius. He's the only Iron Glatorian we have, and then he has to go and die one of the most (in my opinion) lame, pointless, and unneeded deaths ever.Also, I don't really like how the only named Toa/Turaga of Magnetism (Jovan) is dead, either. It would've been interesting to see another one of those rare characters that controls a rarely-seen element like Magnetism.

i wish that nocturn would have lived. and i still wish that Ihu, Kodan and Makuta Kojol would have survived oh and maybe Spiriah

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

ZAKTAN. I mean, come on! Turning him into a eel, and then killing him? He was such an awesome character that deserved at least three years in the spotlight.Oh, and The Makuta. They were pretty awesome, but I thought atleast Icarax and Krika should have survived (Something I might write a story about sometime in the future).

pNNgXax.jpg

I didn't want Mutran to die, well, really I just didn't like his death. He didn't even - sob - finish his - cries- SENTENCE! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Seriously, Mutran and Bitil's deaths were to short-winded. It didn't actually say Bitil died, it took me a while (I'm a Div, BTW) to figure that out. Mutran's death was sad though. Mid-sentence.

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Botar was quite unnecessary, though I'm a little bitter because I enjoyed the concept of someone being so untouchable and disliked how his death wasn't even shown to us.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

I found the death of all the Karda Nui Makuta to be unfortunate, especially for Krika. It would have been interesting had one or two escaped ...Also Botar. I felt that his death was completely unneeded.

Yeah, Krika was one of the more interesting characters, as he actually stood out from being exactly like all other members of his group. And agreed on Botar's death too. Hey, let's kill this guy who will be replaced by someone exactly like him, just to show that an obviously evil villain is evil! Omg, what an idea!~B~