Alternate Vakama Hordika Design (3D)

00dude00

not much to say, but here is an alternate version of Vakama hordika I made in blender 3D, rendered in Lux render.He's not yet colored, but that probably wont happen for a while. here's a few other images:head: http://www.brickshel...j/headfront.pngpossible material: http://www.brickshel...ka_material.pngpartially rigged model: http://www.brickshel...kasimplerig.pngtorso detail: http://www.brickshel...j/bodyfinal.pngnewest version of the shoulder details: http://www.brickshel...oulderarmor.pngback: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/816136s/Moviesceneredoproj/finalbodyback.pngcomment help motivate me to do more work like this, so if you like it let me know.Thanks for looking :)luxrenderclayrenderhordika.png

Edited by 00dude00

wow that is a really detailed 3d image i think it would have been awesome to see the in the third bionicle movie

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*sigh* Yet another Blenderer far better than me. :PThis is fantastic, I can't wait to see the whole thing textured and rigged. Are you rigging it like the Miramax movies, where the 'solid' pieces move like organic animation? Or are you rigging it like the set?

jlovfkk.jpg

thanks guys :)

*sigh* Yet another Blenderer far better than me. :PThis is fantastic, I can't wait to see the whole thing textured and rigged.Are you rigging it like the Miramax movies, where the 'solid' pieces move like organic animation? Or are you rigging it like the set?

hey Eeko, I remember you WAYY back when. you're the guy who originally modeled Bomonga's mask! and no, I'm not Rigging it like the Miramax movies as I am fully against bendy metal :P . I'm also not rigging it like the set, There are many more points of articulation and moving pieces here.

This seriously looks like a soldier for the Terracotta Army without the color.

lol, that's probably because of the shoulders armor :P That's why I decided to change it (as you can see in one of the links in the first post) The fact that it's a "clay render" as we call it in 3D land probably doesn't help the cause either.

I'm impressed by how detailed this is. However, it looks like it would be very hard to rig that model. You are the guy that models most of BNG right? If so I can see why it is hard to find more people to animate, your models are so intimidating. Unfortunately I use Lightwave, not blender and my style is more cartoon/anime.Regardless, this model does look the most professional then any previous 3d models I've seen on this site.

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

This model is completly outstanding, the design is even better than the movie one. I thought it was real, made of plastic. You can make all of the Toa Hordika except for Nokama with this body model. Could you upload a pic showing the articulations?Best Vakama on all BZP!

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

This is an amazing spin on the hordika design, I can't wait to see it fully rigged and coloured. The custom torso maintains the original styling, but is very different. It's a bit Legend reborn in terms of how life like it is, there's much more obvious parts based on lego, like the hands. It looks really good. The cylinders seem to stick out the side of his head a bit much, but I've really got no critiscism other than that.Any chance of pictures at an angle, some detail can't really be seen looking straight on at the front or back.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

:surprised:Will you make one of my MOCs? (I'm not being serious. :P)That is FANTASTIC! Your desgin is SO much better than the original Vakama from the third movie. The joints and the armor is so much more practical than the real movie's design, since it doesn't involve bending metal (like metal skin or something ...). You HAVE to finish it!Bravo! :D

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Son of a....................You should work at LEGO making models for bionicle movies!Oh yeah... they're not making them anymore...

pity, right? who knows... maybe a Michael Bay will come along and revive it? :P

I'm impressed by how detailed this is. However, it looks like it would be very hard to rig that model. You are the guy that models most of BNG right? If so I can see why it is hard to find more people to animate, your models are so intimidating. Unfortunately I use Lightwave, not blender and my style is more cartoon/anime.Regardless, this model does look the most professional then any previous 3d models I've seen on this site.

yeah, the rigging is driving me to insanity :P going at a pace of only about a few hours a week, I've been working on rigging it for a couple months... But a good rigger makes the interface of the rig as simple as possible for that very reason of not making the animators pull their hair out :P

This model is completly outstanding, the design is even better than the movie one. I thought it was real, made of plastic. You can make all of the Toa Hordika except for Nokama with this body model. Could you upload a pic showing the articulations?Best Vakama on all BZP!

thanks :) what do you mean by "showing the articulations" ? do you mean posing it? because the rig isn't done sadly :/ but there is a partially rigged image in the first post :)thank you everyone! :)

wow, thats probably the most realistic 3d set ive seen other than BNG on bzpower other than populus.you must've put alot of detail into that. how long did it take to make this?what I would like to see next would be a glatorian or toa with glatoran hands

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmmh. I'd sooooo 'tween and key this baby (that's animator slang peeps, not some wierd wooing ritual 8D) if my computer were more of a monster and had a 3D program. 8D Even though I find his legs a tad bit 'blocky"/compact... wait... no... should have checked the partial rig too. Though he looks a bit fat from front it really looks like that's going to heal when he starts moving. Still. So sweet. I really hope you bone legs down from the hips and not up from the feet. 8D

bio_sig02_lores_by_oyee-d77i3td.jpg

New pages are up! Click to see latest! \(°u°)/

Gallery & conceptart topic - Current: Pre-mut & pre-ev Makuta: Krika | Antroz | Vamprah | Miserix | Bitil | .. 

Older pics: Helryx's Fury | Makuta Sethuldur | Order's Call (no necro k? C8)

• 2 weeks later...

The granular texture made me at first think that this had been printed out in 3D. That would look really cool.The detail is quite amazing! How long did this take? It looks just like a set. Actually, it reminds me a lot of the prototypes we sometimes see leaked pictures of. His torso is where you took the most artisitic credit, and it is consequently the bets section of this model. Vakama´s muscular yet slim physique is well portrayed there, with the various sections that jut in.Really nice!

Edited by Waffles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should definitely join Bionicle Next Generation. That looks awesome, and they could use modellers. Just Google it.I love the organic look and the complex armor. I really want to design something like that!

wow that is a really detailed 3d image i think it would have been awesome to see the in the third bionicle movie

Forget the movie. It'd be better as a set!

This seriously looks like a soldier for the Terracotta Army without the color.

Yeah. Imagine a huge room full of those!

Very detailed! I love this! The torso armour has a nice style, while still being recognizable as a Hordika chest-plate. And, I really want to see this coloured! That'd be awesome!t1ssig.png

I fell in love with the torso design! I wanna see it colored too!

mindeth the cobwebs

Wow. Its amazing to see the 3D art that comes out of BZP. This is indeed one of the best I've ever seen here. The shoulder armor is cool, and it really does remind me of Vakama from the 3rd movie. I love the intricate armor design.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell