Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Parii - Capstone

Soon after Katana left the bar, Parii noticed movement in the corner of his eye. He turned his head and he saw the Steltian Bruiser from earlier but this time he was acting upset; he kept patting the pocket that Parii had torn and searching something on the ground.

For a second Parii froze. He clunched his drink in his hands and turned his head away, now observing the Bruiser only with one eye. Oh boy.

This encounter couldn't possibly end well, could it?

Trying to ease the tension building up inside his mind Parii reminded himself that he was pretty much untouchable here in Capstone. He heard someone coming into the bar, but was too busy to actually look.

IC: Rorohiko - Nerd Ship

He nodded when he heard Xaril's words, now back to his work on his device. "Nice. Hey, that reminds me. Never thought to ask. What are you going to Cliffside for, Xaril? I get you might not be able to talk about it, I just wanna know if we'll be walking by the Capstone stalls. I take a while sometimes, looking at their scavenged goods, and I don't want to slow whatever important business you have down too much."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

The race has almost reached its finale now, and Kathok's blood runs white hot in anticipation of the endgame. A glance in his mirrors tells him that the other ship really is out of the fight. Kathok doesn't feel guilty, but he does feel a little sorry for the other pilot: in his position, he would have been seething to have his chance of victory snatched away so close to the conclusion. Still, it's nothing personal. But now Kathok's mind is back in the present. His prey is going to try and lose him in the maze of crevasses and canine fangs of blasted rock ahead, but she has obviously not anticipated the skill and talent of Kathok, pirate-king of the seven skies. For now, he holds off firing: he wants his quarry alive.

Kathok

IC: Katana - Outside Capstone --> Cliffside

Katana took a long walk from the Capstone back to the pile of dead trees and bushes where he hid his vehicle, The Rogue. After seconds of slicing through the dead plants with his blades, he brought out the Rogue and inspected it for any signs of robbery of the vehicle's parts, which to his relief, there were none. Satisfied, he hopped onto the Rogue and set off back to his hut in the Cliffside.

GM IC: The Test - Canyon.

The prototype's pilot considered their next move. One day, hopefully, New Atero would have dozens, if not hundreds, of these machines, and stealth tactics such as those he was employing now wouldn't be necessary. 

But right now, he was outnumbered, outgunned, and hopelessly outmatched. Which meant he had to get creative. 

He powered up the prototype's weapon's system - a modified force blaster - and discharged three shots in quick succession - one aimed at each of the three aircraft that had come to combat him. Near-invisible spheres of concussive energy ripped through the air towards the targets, leaving little more than the momentary shimmer of a distorted heat haze in their wake. At this low setting though, the blasts would do no lasting damage, just knock the aircraft around a little. 

Down below, Hakkzan watched on excitedly, eager to see what else the new vehicle was capable of. Behind him, Stronius and Branar shared a conspiratorial glance. This was turning out exactly as they'd hoped...

GM IC: Xaril - The Iron Fist of Fe.

"I'll be starting my search in Capstone. If you wish to peruse the wares there while I conduct my business, I have no objections." 

GM IC: Slimy Joe - The Makuta Killer

"I go' no idea," Joe muttered, in response to Sutrox. In truth, he'd never really thought about it. Hadn't even cared. There was a lot of things he took for granted, and Bloat, unfortunately, was one of them. 

He made his way over to the door, prepared to pull in the gangplank so they could set off, but stopped, frowning at the sight that greeted him outside. "Oi, big guy!" He called out to 042, "You lookin' for some work?"

GM IC: Barlow/Varim - Capstone.

Back in Cliffside, the bruiser fell to his hands and knees, searching across the floor for the missing note. He found a scrap of paper, but it turned out to just be someone's receipt. Cursing, he continued forwards, only to break off his search with a yelp as a surprisingly-heavy foot crashed down on his hand. 

"So nice to see you again, Barlow," Varim smiled down at the Steltian. "You lose something?"

"Shoo, old man," Barlow slurred, "You said we were done." 

"Oh, we were," Varim stepped back, and crouched down to Barlow's level, "But then, I came back here to meet with another client, and what do I find? You, running your mouth about the job we got you to do." Varim's smile turned cold, "Discretion was an integral part of our arrangement, as I recall."

Barlow tried to get up, fully intending to crush the irritating Turaga regardless of Capstone's rules, but he couldn't. His hand was stuck to the floor, gravitised in place by Varim.

"Now, I'll ask you again, did you lose something?"

"The note," Barlow's shoulders sagged, his eyes downcast, "The instructions for the job."

Varim's smile vanished, "You kept it? You were supposed to destroy it, you karzing ingrate!" He released his elemental hold on Barlow's hand, "Find that note, and annihilate it."

"Why?" Barlow didn't rise, "You're going to kill me anyway."

"Of course I am," Varim snapped, "Your choices now will dictate whether that death is quick and painless, or gradual and agonising." With that, he made his way back to his table near Capstone's front door - the establishment's only public entrance or exit - leaving Barlow with only one course of action. 

GM IC: Silvana - Canyon.

As the Whisper approached the canyon wall, Silvana pulled a 90o turn, flying westward, on a parallel to the rock wall, so she could monitor her pursuer's approach, and figure out how best to deal with him. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rorohiko - Nerd Ship

"Ah, cool," he said. "You looking for anything the rest of us should keep an eye out for? I tend to get a bit of tunnel vision when it comes to my work, but if I see whatever it is, I can pick it up for you."

~

IC: Armani - The Test

Though on the lookout for any other threats as she dealt with the remaining Vorox stragglers, she was obviously not in any position to spot a near invisible orb. She caught a glimmer of something and while it was too late to dodge, she was able to shift her craft into a better position to take the hit, and was only mildly, momentarily rattled. The Vorox dealt with, she adjusted her flight path to head towards the source of the impact. She did not fly directly at it, as there was a chance it had moved, but she brought herself into an arc towards the area, quickly scanning her surroundings for any trace of the experimental craft.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC Maldrakk - The test, Spinning

He had been keeping his eyes on the event for the longest time. So when not too far from the explosion of sand a ripple of heat got bigger at an incredibly fast rate, fight or flight instincts took in. He reeled the ship back- but then an idea stuck. He slowed it down just enough, and...

THUNK

Flipping the thrust power, Bloodbath took a tumble head-over-heels, leveling out clumsily much farther below - right in line with where the ship had been only moments ago. Whoever this was had deception on his side, but playing pathetic wasn't very hard either. The only problem was he noticed Armani recovering from a hit as well, which means the vehicle had managed somehow to fire three separate blasts at at least two targets, maybe three if ol' useless over there actually got hit, and at low power no doubt. And that's not the only weapon it has, either. He grumbled.

Today was going to be a long day, wasn't it?

Edited by The Ghrinch

IC: Ezezko - Sky

The greatest living pilot never even thought to dodge the invisible ball of force. It hit his craft head on, sending it a spinning and twirling and his head a pounding.

And maybe a little bit of his stomach a retching. A scant moment later, through some timely used of his omni directional thrusters, he'd straightened out For Hire and was wildly looking around, both to see if anyone else had seen that embarrassing display and to possibly spot the prototype...

...but close to it

IC: 042 - New Atero -> Outside New Atero, The Moa

Lacking a mouth as it was, 042 was smiling. In whatever way a machine can, that sense of thrill and chase began to well up in some semblance of a soul. The zyglak had taken off quickly, but 042 was not one to dawdle. Moments later, the Red Hydraxon began liftoff, and burst into the sky in pursuit of the ragged and crude vehicle.

It did not take long before the tortured machine once again fell from it's borrowed place in the sky. Touching down mere bio from the vandal's vehicle, 042 once again began separating from his vehicle.

IC: Threiaa - Outside New Atero, The Moa

There was not much to be said about straw beds. They reeked of animals, had uneven lumps and dips in the surface that you could never quite smooth out, and fell apart without a careful watch on the bindings. What could be said, though, was that it was a bed, and not a metal slab on the floor.

As such, Threiaa had one of the best rests of her life in the space of the few hours since she boarded the Moa.

Hardly noticing the crashing sounds faintly piercing the Moa's walls, Threiaa pushed off the bed and returned to the world of the living.

"That," She said to no one in particular, "Was about tha best noight's sleep I've had in years."

Scratching at her drooping spines while she left the (comparably)cozy cabin, Threiaa inspected the hallways. There wasn't a soul in sight.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed through the halls, likely unheard.

She grumbled. Hardly seemed like a smart move to leave a new passenger- or, employee? Temp worker? She'd have to talk to Ailun about what their arrangement entailed- alone when you had no clue as to their past. Besides, it was rude. Maneuvering her way through the halls, she finally found the bridge. Hopefully this thing had some kind of intercom....

IC: TeeVee - Tesara, Central Marketplace

"Last call for Madu fruit!!"

My voice was getting rough. I had to stop soon, before I ended up straining it. If there was one thing you needed in a marketplace, it's a voice. Aside from my voice, my madu fruit hadn't done too well either. I'd made a few petty sales of single and double madu.

"Can't believe this. Y'get yourself a unique product, nobody wants to buy." My thoughts tumbled out my mouth like dead branches down a waterfall, heavy, but hollow and weak.

Maybe I needed a good drink. Something staunch, with a bit of kick. I picked up a fruit for a snack, and closed up the cart. Didn't really care if anyone tried stealing a fruit, without proper instruction on handling it they'd end up with a good explosion in the face, and a mild concussion. My hand held the snack with a firm but gentle grip, like holding a gukko egg. I made sure to keep it close to my body as I pushed through the door to the closest bar I could find.

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, Market District Library --> Market District

This was hardly becoming, lying on the floor like this. In a pool of my own tears. Hungry, and forgotten.

Mostly hungry.

With the help of my glove, I put myself back on my feet. That sandwich had been my only food for the whole day, and my stomach was really beginning to feel that. It was time to get outside. Whisking a book to me to drown myself in thought, instead of irrational tears and despairs, I made my way into the street. That anxiety spell had put me behind in my studies, so I read the book as I walked, only somewhat concerned with the moving traffic in the streets.

OOC: All characters open for interaction. 042 is in pursuit of Porangi but may be interrupted by those hanging around the Moa

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Dedris - New Atero Outskirts

Whatever train of thought I had was thoroughly derailed by the heavy series of clanks behind me.  I whirled around and reached over my shoulder for my scythe's hilt, but didn't whip it out.  Yet.

What did I tell you, what did I tell you...

A red Jetrax now lay in the airfield between an airship and a dilapidated Rockoh model, fresh fumes floating in lazy helixes up from its engines.  All truth be told, it looked like a bigger, beefier Chieftain.  But where was the cockpit?

With a series of sounds like an orchestra of ratchet wrenches, some... thing started to appear out of the aircraft.  What was it?  It almost looked like one of the Toa of old, but it couldn't have been.  Was it a Dark Hunter, a big, beefy Vortixx, some Vahki come back to life?  It certainly looked robotic, whatever it was.

I started walking back towards the aircraft and its mysterious pilot, ready to dart behind one of the bigger craft in the field if necessary.  My gas can could wait until I was sure the Chieftain was safe.

OOC: Dedris approaching 042 and the other players around him.  Also, CF, would you be so kind as to put your profiles in your sig?  It'd make them much easier to find.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

GM IC: Slimy Joe - The Makuta Killer. 

"Huh, I guess not," the grimy Matoran shrugged, watching 042's aircraft vanish into the distance, before clambering back on board, and reeling in the gangplank. "A'right, then," he turned once more to his crew, "This is it. No turnin' back now." 

He yanked the outer door shut, and the ship began to lurch into motion. 

OOC: Test post coming soon.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sunmaker adjusts its course slightly, cutting the newfound corner but keeping its distance. Kathok, heart still racing, gives a metaphorical shrug. Might as well weaken his enemy in preparation for the final hunt: he lets loose a volley of force bolts intended to damage his quarry's engines but not take them out of the fight. Surely this wasn't Kathok's style? Surely he wants a fair fight, a challenge? Well, yes, but Kathok also likes to cultivate fear in his prey. Desperation is more amusing to deal with, and more importantly, desperate pilots make mistakes...

OOC: I'll be gone for two days, soz...

• Upvote 2

Kathok

IC: Porangi

"Uh oh. Come on you stupid thing, get going already!" Porangi pushed buttons, flipped switches and pulled levers, to no avail. "For goodness sake, get going!!!" He proceeded to slamming his palm against the engine... and the characteristic rumble started up once more. "HAH! Eat dirt, you robot ninny!!" Porangi took off again, only to turn around and fire his rhotuka... well, attempting to, but failing. Again. "Oh for the love of... Fine! Ramming speed!" And ram straight at 042 he did.

IC: Taurek - At Tesara

The vehicle was extremely damaged, I needed to get it to a mechanic quickly.

I managed to land wobbly, the Deliverance smoking and smelling like scorched metal.

I was lucky I had a bit of cash on me, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to repair this thing.

I stepped out of the ship, cursing to myself. It suddenly occured to me I should probably check the bounty board at some point like I was originally intending to.

GM IC: Silvana - The Wastes. 

A volley of force bolts pummeled her right thruster, and the normally-silent engine abruptly roared into life, as entire plates of armour and soundproofing were fragmented by the blasts. 

Cursing, Silvana swept the Whisper up and over the canyon wall, sticking low to the rocky surface of the plateau and beginning to steer the aircraft back onto a south-west course. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: The Prototype - Canyon, New Atero.

High above the canyon floor - above Ezezko and Armani, and much higher than Maldrakk or Hakkzan's transport - a spidery form flickered into motion. It had been lurking deep in the shadow draped across the canyon wall, using the outcroppings and crevices for cover, but now it clambered fully into view.

The clues had all been there, if only the unfortunate trio of pilots had managed to connect the dots. Hakkzan and the others had refused to divulge the specifications of the prototype vehicle, they'd let slip that its pilot could still utilise a Kanohi mask, and most importantly, none of them had used the word 'aircraft'. And now, the reasons for that became clear. 

The silver-blue monstrosity that emerged from the darkness might have been vaguely familiar to any of the pilots with passing knowledge of the long-gone Order of Mata Nui, and the vehicle that its leader had once gifted to the Matoran known as Mazeka. But this prototype was significantly bigger than the Swamp Strider of old, bulked up with armour plating and with an enclosed cockpit on the top section, large enough to comfortably house a Vortixx, as it was now. Instead of a Skyblaster, it was armed with a triple array of large force blasters, which, judging by the fact that they were currently aimed in different directions - one each for the three aircraft - had some degree of independent motion. 

The prototype hung there, anchored to the rock in the open sunlight, waiting to see what the three pilots did next. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Maldrakk - New Atero, Test, Some Disbelief

He stared for a split second in complete disappointment.

In the world of aerial combat - aerial combat, zesk, vorox on the ground, new tech being developed every week, and they choose to use a crawler. Of all the complications that could occur by using such a device, not counting faster vehicles and-

You're in a test, Maldrakk. Please. Act like you actually care.

The model was not unfamiliar to him. He had seen very basic copies of very basic schematics probably smuggled out at some point early on, enough to get the idea of what kind of a threat it was. But this one must have been significantly faster if it gained so much height in the short time it took for three vehicles to flip over. At the same time, the air was an even space, and the rocky ledges were not.

He started back around in a wide circle, intent on closing in from the vehicle's intended direction. If the three pilots worked together, the fancy swamp strider would be at the bottom of the canyon in a state of mechanical distress. If not, well, he was going to have one big problem on his hands.

IC: Taurek - At Tesara

The vehicle was extremely damaged, I needed to get it to a mechanic quickly.

I managed to land wobbly, the Deliverance smoking and smelling like scorched metal.

I was lucky I had a bit of cash on me, otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to repair this thing.

I stepped out of the ship, cursing to myself. It suddenly occured to me I should probably check the bounty board at some point like I was originally intending to.

OOC: Hope you don't mind; I've been neglecting this character

IC: Antaine

Noticing a barely-functional Jetrax (if that's what it was...?) landing, Antaine three-"legged" crawled behind the Steltian pilot, not engaging in conversation, but still curious as to what had damaged his vehicle to this extent. Was this related to all those guards swarming the square a while ago?

IC: Threiaa - Outside New Atero, The Moa

There was not much to be said about straw beds. They reeked of animals, had uneven lumps and dips in the surface that you could never quite smooth out, and fell apart without a careful watch on the bindings. What could be said, though, was that it was a bed, and not a metal slab on the floor.

As such, Threiaa had one of the best rests of her life in the space of the few hours since she boarded the Moa.

Hardly noticing the crashing sounds faintly piercing the Moa's walls, Threiaa pushed off the bed and returned to the world of the living.

"That," She said to no one in particular, "Was about tha best noight's sleep I've had in years."

Scratching at her drooping spines while she left the (comparably)cozy cabin, Threiaa inspected the hallways. There wasn't a soul in sight.

"Hello?" Her voice echoed through the halls, likely unheard.

She grumbled. Hardly seemed like a smart move to leave a new passenger- or, employee? Temp worker? She'd have to talk to Ailun about what their arrangement entailed- alone when you had no clue as to their past. Besides, it was rude. Maneuvering her way through the halls, she finally found the bridge. Hopefully this thing had some kind of intercom....

OOC: been ignoring this girl too. I think she's still on the Moa.

IC: Erland?

Erland was curious about the voice over the intercom.

"Usually inside-ship comm systems are on the bridge," she said to herself as she made her way over.

She saw the ship come into view, and as she was already moving in the direction of the shots the vehicle had fired, she didn't have to correct her flight path much to fire upon it, especially as it wasn't reacting to her approach so far.

She had noticed the other Skrall mentioning the use of mask powers, of course. The land-bound nature of the ship was a little unexpected, but she supposed they had not said it would be a flying craft.

Land vehicles were an interesting but not unwise choice. Aircraft, by their very nature of being in the air, had a lot of problems to consider, such as weight and the problems of making a craft light enough to fly with whatever source of propulsion they used. A vehicle such as this would not have to be concerned with needing to restrict weight, or keep themselves in the air to land safely, or have to consider things such as a plummet from the sky. There were other things too, of course, but it was an interesting choice.

She hoped they really were prepared to deal with damage. The pilot hadn't so much as fired a second shot at her as she circled toward their general location earlier. Hence why she didn't ram them immediately- what if they were distracted? That could be disastrous.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

"Yep... I mean, nope! I think things are pretty safe out..." Ailun was cut off by a shower of sand from a crashing Rockoh. After he had finished coughing the dust from his lungs, he turns with more than a bit of exasperation to the pilot. "Mata Nui, are you kidding me right now?"

IC: Fifteen - Iron Fist

She continues tinkering as if the others weren't even there.

IC: Sekra - Makuta Killer

She stares at the disappearing biomech resolutely. "Not a chance," she says to Joe.

IC: Ennanas - Outside the Moa

Ennanas, too turned in confusion at the crashing Rockoh. She tilted her head in confusion, and before a single word left her mouth, it had aken off again...only to ram another ship.

"Concerning. Should be left be, or should engage?" Ennanas asked, casting a sideways gaze to Ailun. "Damage to ships is not ideal. Would rather get rid of two fighters if danger persists. Agree?"

IC: Karanta - NERD SHIP

Karanta had completely zoned out, to the point she didn't even realize people were talking again. "Oh, yes, capstone. Right. Uh, Rorohiko, I'll tag along with you if need be, 'kay? Don't want you getting hurt or anything, after all."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Well, that's one way to hit three Gukko with one stone, as they say. "Yeah, I don't want any harm coming to my ship. Keep an eye on them, would you?"

IC: Ektana - outside of Capstone

When Ektana noticed that she had no one else to talk to. She sighed, finished her drink and prepared to leave. A few steps before the exit she heard a thud behind her - as she looked back she saw Barlow dropping to his knees. Talk 'bout drinking too much, she smirked, unaware of Barlow's swearing and muttering, and left the bar.

She was somehow tired and bored - there was absolutely nothing to do and she noticed how she has done nothing thus far to change it. She looked at the notice board, hoping to find any kind of an intetesting job it had to offer. She quickly noticed a piece of parchment attached to the wall, ink on it still fresh, and approached it curiously.

Now Hiring

Who: Fellow pirates, marauders, thieves, and those with an overall penchant for banditry and the like.

What To Bring: Yourself and your weapons, obviously. Smaller craft preferred, but larger ones are also acceptable. Those who become squeamish at the sight of blood or are unwilling to spill a bit of it themselves need not apply, and acts of treachery and/or mutiny will not be tolerated.

When: Departure from Cliffside is at the Captain's discretion. If you want in, then get moving.

Where: Details regarding the destination of this little expedition are need-to-know only... which means that you don't until we've already taken off.

Why: Standard salvage and recovery operation with expected resistance from the locals, who may turn out to be potential bounty opportunities themselves as well.

How To Inquire: Speak to Saffina for more information, at her ship, The Crimson Takea, located just outside of Capstone.

Pirates, thieves and marauders you say...

Ektana smiled in the way only a Skakdi could smile. Why not?

OOC: Who would have thought Christmas could be so absorbing.

IC: Taurek - Not pleased

The sound of scampering behind me drew my attention, turning around to see a spider of a Matoran looking at my ship. My eyes narrowed. Perhaps he was wondering how much he could scrap it for.

"Unless you're offering to pay to fix the damage, screw off." I said, scraping some of the ashes and scarred metal off with my hands.

I didn't like Matoran, they always seemed to use you for whatever scheme it is that they have planned.

Edited by QuIn

IC-Zavon (Tesara)

Zavon landed his craft back at the port, and looked at his watch. "Blimey." He said. "How much time did I spend up there?" He gave it no thought, then hooked up the sunset rider for recharging. He'd been flying around the city for a while now, and he needed a little break right now...

OOC

Zavon open for Interaction again.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Taurek - Not pleased

The sound of scampering behind me drew my attention, turning around to see a spider of a Matoran looking at my ship. My eyes narrowed. Perhaps he was wondering how much he could scrap it for.

"Unless you're offering to pay to fix the damage, screw off." I said, scraping some of the ashes and scarred metal off with my hands.

I didn't like Matoran, they always seemed to use you for whatever scheme it is that they have planned.

"Just wondering what happened out there to make your ship look like that. Doesn't look like Zesk bites."

As if to emphasize that he wasn't going to tamper with the ship, Antaine stood to his full height and put his hands behind his back.

IC: Ezezko - Testing Grounds

One pilot took a longer little to respond than the others, both metaphorically and literally.

While Big Red and the suspiciously nice Skrall eyed the prototype, he was still bewilderedly looking around in the air and reestablishing his sense of equilibrium. So, it took him a moment more to notice the big spider crab mech thing. He was sort of unimpressed. He was expecting an underground sandworm-esque beast of a vehicle, completely unfeasible but cool that fired energy from its gaping sawteeth rimmed circular jaw. That would've been really cool.

In actuality, he just sort of nodded dumbly, turned For Hire to face the mech and let off a volley of shots at it.

...but close to it

IC: Taurek - Still a little annoyed

Him referring to the origin of the damage reminded me of the chase.

"Listen, short stuff, tell the guards I have information regarding a fleeing suspect." I pulled off my zamor launcher, putting it in my bag for now. 

"I need money, and this might be the way forward."

GM IC: The Prototype - Canyon, New Atero.

For a brief, terrifying moment, the prototype's controls seized, refusing to budge. 

The Strider hadn't moved from this one spot, anchored high on the canyon wall, since well before the test had begun, and as a result the leg joints had become stiff and unresponsive, something the engineers had assured him wouldn't happen. 

This is what happens when you only take four days to build a completely new vehicle from scratch, the pilot lamented, silently cursing the idiots who'd approved for this test to go ahead so soon. Karzing morons. 

A moment before the Vortixx would've given up and just used his Hau to fend off the incoming projectiles, the Strider's joints squeaked loudly, and the legs finally disconnected from the wall. The prototype went into freefall, and the volley of shots fired by the two pilots exploded into the canyon wall where the spidery machine had been moments before. As it tumbled, the Strider's domed cockpit bumped up against the side of the rockface, the impact sending it spinning end over end off the rim of an overhang... 

...where one of its legs caught the edge, digging hard into the edifice and swinging the Strider under the shelf of rock, where its other three legs slammed into place, powerful pistons allowing the hooked appendages to plunge deep into the stone. Now hanging, upside down, the pilot brought the weapons array back online, and waited to see what the attacking pilots would do next.

"Holy karz!" Hakkzan seemed astounded by the display. "You didn't tell me it could do that!"

"There's a lot of things we didn't tell you," Stronius replied, exchanging a knowing look with Branar. 

OOC: Two pilots. Maldrakk didn't fire yet.

IC Maldrakk

Child's play?

Maldrakk watched the display with some confusion. There was a slight unease sitting in his gut, slowly being churned up as he mulled over the vehicle's capabilities. However, the fancy display hadn't been just watched. With a slight change of angle, he was rocketing in at full-force, from the side, and as the pilot recovered from the freefall, Bloodbath tore up the air and was only moments away from Maldrakk possibly losing his job by scratching this new toy with the front of his vehicle.

OOC: Threiaa hasn't used the intercom yet, that was just her unaided voice.

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero

Really.

...Really.

042 had only just fully separated from Red Hydraxon, and was now facing a charging Rockoh head on. It was doubtful that the machine could integrate into the jetrax soon enough, weapons systems were exclusively controlled while 042 was docked, and the lone guard had no immediate cover. Except, perhaps, for the ships lying on the ground only a short distance away...

In the space of time it took 042 to analyze his surroundings, the Rockoh had moved only mili-bio. The benefits of an artificial brain, it supposed. Without any more hesitation, 042 shot a grapple hook towards the nearest vehicle: the crashed Rockoh. As the machine's feet lifted off the ground, the charging assailant clipped it's legs, sending shrapnel flying from the twisting joints.

It was odd -for a machine, at least- to feel pain. Or to scream.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

So far, she had turned the environmental systems on and off, broken the radar, and moved the guns up and down. An intercom should not be this hard to find, but somehow Ailun had built this contraption with such lack of organization that every switch in this karz-hole of a bridge was mismatched and/or broken. Threiaa'd be having words with the engineer, and the captain, whoever that was.

"You'd better believe," She muttered while flipping switches and spinning dials, "That if this were my ship, I'd be making," A lever pulled, an engine accidentally activated, "PLENTY of changes."

That was it. That was every blasted control in this twine-and-leather monstrosity of a vehicle. She turned away from the consoles, exasperated...

...To look straight at a wooden handle on a chain hanging down from the ceiling.

No. No, no way was this pathetic wooden piece the intercom-

It slowly spun around, revealing a microphone haphazardly jutting out of the wood.

"...Perfect."

-----------------

"Ay!" The intercom boomed through the hallways and out into the desert, "You lot just left me in here, alone! Thas not very smart to do in a place like this as it is, but it's not very polite either!"

Kathok's mind spins on a thousand axes and then realigns, computing the hundreds of inputs to keep pace with the chase, the world of the chase. Sunmaker darts after its quarry, still keeping a distance - at this point Kathok isn't sure what his prey will do next. But regardless of the specifics, its gonna be fun.

OOC: I'm disoriented...have we missed the cliff face entirely? And which direction are we heading?

Kathok

OOC: Silvana went over the top of the cliff, and is now heading in the direction of Cliffside. 

GM IC: Silvana - The Whisper, Plateau.

A quick rearward glance confirmed that her assailant was still pursuing, now keeping at a distance. Silvana cursed under her breath, struggling to understand what she could've possibly done to warrant the long trail of bad luck that had been plaguing her for the past few days. When I get my hands on that old man...

She slowed down to cruising speed, seeing no point in straining her battered engines any further.

____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: The Test - New Atero, Canyon.

Everyone reacted differently to Maldrakk's semi-suicidal maneuver. 

Hakkzan, having little personal experience or understanding on the subject of aircraft combat, watched on in wonderment.

Stronius and Branar, on the other hand, just stared in horror.

The pilot of the Strider was also completely dumbstruck. He'd thought he'd known what to expect from this test, but a kamikaze dive from a crazed Skakdi definitely wasn't it. With no other way to defend himself, the pilot powered up his Hau, hoping the Kanohi would be enough to fend off the strength and acceleration of the big, bulky bomber.

It wasn't. 

The screech of tearing metal echoed across the canyon as the front of Maldrakk's Axalara - an aircraft that was most definitely not designed for ramming - crumpled inwards on impact with the Strider's hastily-deployed shield. Maldrakk would find himself flung forward in his seat by the collision, only to land face-first in the dust atop the plateau as his craft's teleportation mechanism kicked in. The Strider's legs, still anchored deep in the rock, were rent asunder by the force of the impact, two of them breaking off completely, a third coming loose, and the fourth's joints being severely mangled. 

When the smoke cleared, those below would see the mangled, smoking remnants of the Bloodbath tangled roughly around the damaged Strider. For a moment, they hung there. But then, unable to bear the weight of the two machines, the Strider's one remaining leg broke free, and the two vehicles went into freefall.

The Strider wasn't equipped with a teleportation device - after all, it was a ground-based vehicle, there was no point - and as the two vehicles tumbled down the cliff, the mask was knocked from the pilot's face. The Hau shield dissipated, and the two vehicles became two-dimensional the instant their wreckage finally reached the canyon floor.

The pilot's death was instantaneous. 

For a long moment, there was silence. And then, almost comically, a single flare arced up into the sky, launched from Hakkzan's transport. The Test was officially over. 

IC: Taurek - Still a little annoyed

Him referring to the origin of the damage reminded me of the chase.

"Listen, short stuff, tell the guards I have information regarding a fleeing suspect." I pulled off my zamor launcher, putting it in my bag for now.

"I need money, and this might be the way forward."

Nodding, Antaine turned and went on his way, leaving the Steltian Bruiser to his own business.

"... Wasn't there somebody selling Madu fruit?"

IC: Ennanas - By The Moa

She gave a curt nod to Aliun, and turned to board her vehicle...just in time for the intercom to boom loudly from behind her. She whirled around in surprise, drawing her spear as she did so. Her eyes were wild as she tried to figure out where the voice came from...before realizing it had come from the grounded aircraft. Ennanas let out a quiet sigh. "Apologies. Was...frightened," She murmured.

The intercom had almost distracted her from the charging Rockoh. Almost. The sound of twisting metal snapped her attention back, and she looked on in awe. Mostly at the fact that a vehicle had hit someone directly.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

She reacted instantly. The crash looked horrible, no doubt fatal, but she flew down anyway in the very slim chance there was a survivor. She leaped from her ship and set about tearing aside rendered metal. Some small part of her was thankful she hadn't gone for a ramming attack herself- if she had caused a death such as this on an innocent pilot, she would no doubt feel terrible.

Sure enough, she found a body. She was no stranger to corpses, and even the mangled state of this one did not cause her hesitation in checking the body for any possibility of life. She eventually had to move away, her black gauntlets soaked with blood. They were, unquestionably, dead.

She took a deep breath and considered what to do next. The other pilot was on a ledge, she saw him on the way down. She would have to take him to the transport, for her superiors to deal with.

She flew up in solemn silence, and levelled at the pilot's plateau, cockpit window open to allow him to hear her. She said, booming voice overpowering her engines, "Citizen, your misguided actions have cost your ship, the experimental craft, and most importantly, an innocent life. I will take you to His Spikiness' craft, and he and the others will decide what is to be done."

OOC: I assume she can, I don't know, let him hold onto the side or something for the short ride up.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC Maldrakk - The Test?

He spat out dust in a disgruntled way before an explosion hit his ears, and he realized he wasn't in his ship.

He scrambled to the edge of the small rock platform he found himself on and desperately looked over the edge. The pilot was gone. A piece of metal support hit the ground next to him, and he grabbed it without bothering to check if it was Bloodbath's or the test vehicle's.

One man dead, two very valuable vehicles destroyed, and no precautionary measures taken by the Skakdi that was supposed to be the ruler. Things began to click in Maldrakk's head, but a bitter and violent torrent of emotions was the most masterful of them. As he looked over the wastes his powerful hands closed around the piece of metal, crunching it and crushing it until two grip-marks made for his paws were embedded permanently in the shrapnel.

Then one of the other pilots - the very suspicious Skrall who had just before flew down to check the assuredly decease pilot's body - came and laid out her tirade.

"Citizen?" He muttered under his breath, standing shakily, the metal quivering in his hands as his mind raced over the millions of ways this could have been avoided. He finally dropped to his knees, his breathing getting more rugged, still looking out over the two piles of metal, fully convinced he should never have participated in the test at all.