OOC: @Trijhak. I forgot to ask this before - when Tuma withered away, did he drop his sword, shield, and thornax launcher, or did that all crumble to dust with the rest of him? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Voltex

As I am already inside the Thornatus, I immediately drive off, firing at the Cendox.

Roll INT for aim.

E: OOC

Went back and read Pulse's post again, and turns out he said I had entered the Thornatus.

So... I really do just need to drive off, which is simple enough. No need for Nato to save me.

He can just turn the Agori who came with Terrorsaur against him for turning on a fellow comrade who just saved them from the Skrall and pointed out the new Vulcanus threat...

...and if any of them were there when Terrorsaur allied with us in Atero, then... well. I'm sure they won't be pleased with their leader becoming a backstabbing traitor. (Or attempting to become one, that is.)

Edited by Stark

OOC: Let's also not forget that 99% of the soldiers here don't know anything about the shards, other than that they glow, which is a property shared by a number of mundane items. They certainly wouldn't guess that they're a weapon of mass destruction, nor can I imagine they'd ignore the guy with 5 if they did

IC: Burnmad - Trying to Escape

Seeing Quin trip over his vehicle, Burnmad finishes his slide, several Thornax glancing off the Cendox-- most of the first volley having missed on account of the same slide he had just executed. He makes another pass, firing a shot at whoever's nearest to his General (Voltex was approaching him, yeah? Roll INT and LUCK for firing on him). When he's close enough, he tries to grab Quin's hand and personally haul him up. (STR)

Meanwhile, his assailants have been ignoring the remaining entirety of his cavalcade, focusing their fire on him alone-- which means that they're about to be rammed by 5 chariots carrying 40 men with Thornax launchers.

OOC: Ninja'd, I guess Voltex and I fire at each other straight on. Everything else in this post that I do personally is predicated on my vehicle pulling through

Edited by Lord Burnmad Aodh

IC: Nato - Oh No You Don't.

Seeing the trident streaking towards Voltex, I dive towards him, hoping to tackle him out of the way. That said... I'm aiming towards his lower body, so that I don't wind up putting myself in the trident's path. 

(Roll Agility to save Voltex).

EDIT: I've just realised that since Voltex is already in the Thornatus, the actions described in the following post are physically impossible. As such, I shall alter my reaction to the following:

IC: Nato - Betrayed.

First Luroka, now Terrorsaur... why? Was this my personal doom now, to be betrayed by those few I still thought of as my allies? I prayed that wasn't the case. 

Luroka had been executed for his crimes, but Terrorsaur... he'd helped us. He'd been earnest up until this moment. I couldn't simply order the dreamers to kill him where he stood, otherwise I'd be doing little more than justifying his betrayal.

No, I would simply leave him to suffer the judgement of those around us. After all, some of these Agori had seen the three of us working together during the Battle of Atero, and they had all seen Voltex strike down Tuma. Just as they had all seen me assert control over the defeated Skrall. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Let's also not forget that 99% of the soldiers here don't know anything about the shards, other than that they glow, which is a property shared by a number of mundane items. They certainly wouldn't guess that they're a weapon of mass destruction, nor can I imagine they'd ignore the guy with 5 if they did

OOC: Ninja'd, I guess Voltex and I fire at each other straight on. Everything else in this post that I do personally is predicated on my vehicle pulling through

Almost everyone nearby is firing on you, so I expect even the Cendox is going to be in some rough shape.

Also, they all just watched me kill Tuma with one shot using one of the glowing shards. They all have an idea of what the shards are capable of, considering it also made Tuma wither away into nothing.

OOC:

I should probably find shelter.

Also if TL finds soldiers he order them to form a retreat back to Tesara with him.

from a deadly hurricane? yes, please find shelter. but leave us your troops, we need all the help we can get

OOC: At the same time, my Agori did hear and see Voltex and Nato ordering attacks on the Vulcans, who have done no wrong. And I could be wrong but I would think you'd have to wait for my spear roll before driving since it only takes a split second to fly at you.

But I'm also already in the vehicle. All I need to do is push my foot down and boom, there's no way your spear hits.

OOC:

I should probably find shelter.

Also if TL finds soldiers he order them to form a retreat back to Tesara with him.

from a deadly hurricane? yes, please find shelter. but leave us your troops, we need all the help we can get

OOC: At the same time, my Agori did hear and see Voltex and Nato ordering attacks on the Vulcans, who have done no wrong. And I could be wrong but I would think you'd have to wait for my spear roll before driving since it only takes a split second to fly at you.

But I'm also already in the vehicle. All I need to do is push my foot down and boom, there's no way your spear hits.

OOC: Eh. The Kaxium has been established as the speed demon, other vehicles probably take a moment to speed up. Plus you could be facing towards me, meaning you'd still get speared (but at least run me over in the process.)

Either way I'm fine with it. Just a game. I'm still gonna freeze myself until I get my roll.

E: this could also just be me being too strict with the roll system; unless it's walking or talking I almost always do a roll or put "I try to" with my actions.

Edited by Fractyl

(Also the part where the final shard left a trail of grass and plantlife when Quin lost it before re-recovering it. 

Yes, Tuma dropped his sword and launcher.)

Terrorsaur: Trident Through Voltex: Strength: 6 + 9 = 15; Luck: 7 + 8 = 15 (Average: 15)

Timelord: Normality: Intelligence: 9 + 5 = 14

FF: Get in Thornatus: Agility: 7 + 8 = 15; Luck: 6 + 3 = 9 (Average: 12)

Voltex: Aim: Intelligence: 10 + 10 = 20

Burnmad: Fire at Voltex: Intelligence: 9 + 9 = 18; Luck: 6 + 8  = 14 (Average: 16)
Burnmad: Pick Up Quin: Strength: 5 + 8 = 13

---

FF quickly enters his own Thornatus, starting it up and beginning to move.

---

Timelord finds a few normal Jungle Agori, dumbfoundedly watching the scenario unfolding out before them and just as confused as most people are. Moments before they'd been commanded to fire on Vulcanus by an Iron Agori of all people, while being accompanied by some very weird other Agori, after having seen Tuma wither away.

---

Terrorsaur, disappointed with the actions of Voltex and Nato, throws his trident at Voltex...

---

Voltex feels a piercing pain in his kidneys, and feels slightly lighter - his satchel of shards has just been torn open, and they are scattered around and between the desert soils and foliage, including the 'flail' shard . Ignoring this for a moment, he fires and drives at the Cendox - which itself fires back.

Both drivers of both vehicles are soon sent tumbling out, though Burnmad grabs onto Quin and prevents Quin from losing his own shard.

---

The five shards on the ground soon begin to move on their own, closer to each other, glowing very brightly as if to get Quin's attention.

---

FINAL STRETCH.

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

IC: Nato - The Final Stretch.

Frowning at an unexpected mental command in the middle of all this chaos, I pull out the tongs Ionia had given me, and fling them towards the spot where the five moving shards will converge. (Roll Intelligence for aim)

Then, I reach down, snatch up Tuma's dropped thornax launcher, and point it at Terrorsaur, "Don't move!" 

IC: General Quin - We really need to go

I groan as me and Burn fall to the ground.

Pushing myself up, I help up Burnmad.

The glowing shards almost tempted me to try and recover them, glowing and magnetically attracting themselves to each other.

I look away.

"We're gonna run to one of those Thornatuses. I need to get this thing safe, and I guarantee that whatever those crazy ######s want with it, it isn't something you want."

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

IC: Voltex

No.

Nononono.

NO!

I take a deep breath, pushing my rage down deep inside of myself. I twist it and turn it, replacing it with cold determination. The quest is all there is. The quest is all I have, and someone tried to take it from me when I am so close and they will pay-

Another deep breath as I stand, drawing my sword as I stare at the shards.

It is almost as if fate itself is fighting against me. I know the feeling well. The dreaming plague, all of our attempts to receive aid from the other tribes, the shattering... the being responsible for the plague wants those shards united. The shards themselves want to be united.

Vulcanus can have them then, I think savagely, turning to face Nato.

I see him pointing a thornax launcher at Terrorsaur, the Agori who helped us at Atero, and I am not surprised. I lean down and pick up the trident with my ruined hand, and begin making my way back to them.

I knew it. He was just biding his time. Waiting for the proper moment. I expected him to follow Luroka's wishes and kill me at Atero, so instead he let me live... and when I least expected it, he turns on me, takes the last thing I have left.

I am going to kill him.

• Upvote 2

IC: Nato - The Time For Peace Has Passed. 

"So much for your peaceful resolution, Terrorsaur" I scoff, "You brought this on yourself." 

With that, I adjust my aim, and fire the launcher... at the ground between the distant forms of Quin and Burnmad. 

Nato: The Final Throw: Intelligence: 8 + 9 = 17

The tongs fly through the air, landing in the middle of the shards - and then, they melt into each other, plant-life violently erupting from the ground around it. 

Until suddenly, there is an otherworldly screech ringing through the air, the many Agori and Skrall who had been dreaming nearby exploding into nothing but a red paste that definitely isn't the flesh you find inside Skrall or Agori normally, the molten pool of shards suddenly reforming into the Mask of Life - missing only a sixth of itself. 

Quin feels a faint burning as the thornax fired by Nato hits the ground in front of him, and then his own shard is gone, close enough to the now almost complete mask to be sent flying toward it. 

---

Terrorsaur: The Final Betrayal: Agility: 5 + 10 = 15; 7 + 4 = 11 (Average: 13)

Terrorsaur's remaining troops fire upon Voltex and Nato, knocking the thornax launcher out of Nato's hands and causing Voltex to stumble.

---

And then the Mask of Life is whole again. Just out of everyone's reach, glowing, floating above the ground.

Just in time to either completely doom Bara Magna, or save it.

---

are you ready

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 3

IC: General Quin - ###### IT

I hear something...and turn around...and see the Thornax soaring towards me.

In a burst of....something...I suddenly throw the shard at the gathering mass of other shards in front of me.

Perhaps it was the thought that if I couldn't keep this shard safe....perhaps I could control it.

Perhaps I had just given up.

Whatever it was, I threw the shard.

OOC: Roll strength to throw and luck to survive the thornax

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NINJA'D

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

OOC: no I'm not. =P

I don't think any of us may be, considering how OP Annona could be in a corporeal form...

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

IC: Burnmad - Getting the Karz out of Dodge

Burnmad tumbles to the ground, the air knocked out of his lungs. He didn't catch much as he pulled off the world's first 2160 triple twist somersault (with a horribly botched landing), but he did see that the Agori he'd fired at was also knocked out.

Quin says something to him. He manages to comprehend just enough over the sound of his own ragged breaths to get that they're running for a Thornatus.

And so he does, until he realizes that he's just been fired upon. Luckily, the shot doesn't much scathe him. Unluckily, Quin was shocked enough by it to have dropped the shard.

...Which proceeded to rejoin with the other 5.

Swearing, Burnmad only grabs Quin, and runs.

Edited by Lord Burnmad Aodh
  • Upvote 1

IC: Hyethut and his soldiers arrest most of the absent minded skrall but some turned violent and ran to the south.

I wonder why they are heading this way? At least I get a chance to see how the southern gate is holding.

Hyethut and hundreds of Tesarans and Vulkanite soldiers walk to the southern gate (hundreds more native soldiers remaining due to exhaustion or because they were tending to their families and homes and fallen dear ones), the southern gate being war-torn but not anywhere near as bad as the north. His pot holes were successful as bodies of the foe had piled around the gate, even the mighty Stronius lay dead, burnt and stabbed with a spear. The general walked through the gates to see soldiers afar and a contest-chase of somesort that was apparently the source of the eerie glow. But something more immediately interesting appeared before him: a tired, armless Timelord Sonork running to the gate to seek shelter. To say the least, Hyethut was surprised.

"...I thought you were dead. I told you what would happen if you returned to Tesara. I am placing you under arrest for treason. Now, explain yourself so I may provide a just punishment. ...Also so I can know just what in Kursetu is happening yonder. "

Timelord caused the blood spilled this day, and his recklessness will be answered for. While this happened the remaining 6 or so brainwashed skrall ran away towards the dreamers Hyethut was ignorant of. They were outside the city, that was good enough for now.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

IC: Toa Smoke Monster

Upon seeing the recent events, including seeing a strange mask floating in the sky, I decide it's time to get mobile. I look around and see FF driving around in his Thornatus. I run out and attempt to wave him down, shouting "Hey FF, over here!"

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Voltex, you are not 'fighting' against a NPC, you are fighting against a player who made a successful roll. I don't want to have to invalidate Terrorsaur's actions the same way I invalidated Timelord's actions in the In Transit original PM - I don't want to overstep my boundaries as a host.

Any injuries that anyone may have had can be reversed with the right tool.

---

FF: You can see the Mask. You can see a violent squabble involving an Iron Agori, a Water Agori, an Ice Agori, and few Fire Agori.

Maybe you can get the mask while everyone's distracted. Few others seem interested in it, for whatever reason.

---

current status:

• Skrall have surrender-suicided.
  • Dreamers have literally exploded
  • No more fire.
  • The Mask of Life has been reforged, it is floating slightly above the ground from afar.
  • All that remains is a squabble between Terrorsaur, Burnmad & Quin, and Voltex, Nato. FF, Lan, Toru, Andekas, Hyethut, and Smoke Monster.
  • From this point on until the end of the episode due t o the above issues, we will dispense of stats and RNG rolls. Do what you do as long as it is reasonable, use your own judgement. This is your game, not mine, and let's not delay the end any further than we have to due to waiting for me to post your roll results. 
Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

OOC:

I must have missed the ignika being reformed post. O_o I will edit my post accordingly now.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

IC: Nato - Annona's Final Step.

"A happy ending for some, maybe. Not for you." Acquiescing to the whims of the voice within for what will likely be the final time, I stride towards the hovering Mask of Life, and reach out to grasp it... 

OOC: Pulse my main issue is that you didn't even give me a chance to respond to his attack at all before just removing my ability to walk. Maybe I could've dived behind whatever is left of the thornatus, or maybe I might have rolled an 18 on agility to dodge.

I don't really care if the wound is about to be healed or some black magic stuff. It just feels like I'm being forced into this situation. I shouldn't have needed a roll to drive the thornatus out of the way earlier but I accepted it. But to then not even be given a chance to dodge or avoid the thornax and losing use of a leg? That's kind of a low blow.

IC: FF

Continuing his drive, FF noticed a squabble between some Agori with a floating mask as the prize. He also noticed Smoke Monster trying to get his attention.

"This is it, old... partner. We got a mess to sort out." FF said to Smoke Monster as he stopped to pick him up.

Speeding to the battlefield, FF fired a few "warning shots" at the general area of the group.

Edited by Fluorescent Flowers

pWPTu7m.jpg

OOC: Voltex, you can now walk. Removed the part about it tearing through your leg.

Poor choice of words on my part. 

---

The Mask of life glows, begging to be used. Through his entire body, Nato can feel a great energy flowing through him as he grasps it.

' F L E S H '  flashes in Nato's mind.

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

IC:

Before Timelord could say anything, commotion occurred at the source of the unearthly glowing, then suddenly, the skrall running towards to squabble blew up into molten flesh as well as many people they were going towards, and a golden glowing face floated above the land just above everyone's head.

"...By The Potter..."

And Hyethut forgot about Timelord for that moment, and he and other soldiers walked past the still traitor, he no doubt baffled by why he was one moment the center of attention the next nothing. He joined the crowd of the living as an ice agori he did not know reached out to the floating face of divinity, and the general Hyethut commanded to the small seasoned sir as he grabbed his wrist,

"Stop. Let it go. It doesn't belong here. It has blessed Tesara already with this holy mark of grass, and therefore this world. If it is meant to be here then it surely will emerge again, perhaps like a comet."

Hyethut felt power come from this artifact, an unearthly kind he had only felt the slightest touch from prior, and so the religious side of himself emerged, and perhaps foolishly he spoke directly to the metal face on impulse.

"I know not of what lesser god you either are or serve, but I get a feeling that you see through those eyes of yours. Return home. Who are we to claim your power, a power we know nothing of in full. It is time we move on from today."

And with those words, Hyethut accepted his destiny, and knew of Tesara's future.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png