Tuma stares at Nato intensely, and intently, making direct eye contact (though trying not to let Quin out of his sight)

He doesn't lower his sword, nor order the Skrall to retreat. He doesn't smile, nor does he grunt or snarl. Rather, there is a look of slight terror just barely perceptible in his eyes as he looks at the dream-Skrall fighting his own Elite Skrall.

"You have what the Sisters seek... what the Hunters have sought..."

IC: Nato - Offering Mercy.

"I have nothing, Tuma, thanks to you. No home, no allies, no fate. Only a dream that I must turn into a reality, a war to bring to an end, and an Iron Agori by my side who has nothing to lose, and everything to gain."

I shake my head, feigning disappointment, "It's a shame, really. We could've ruled this planet together, as partners, as equals. But now... well, it's too late for that. Surrender, and you might survive. Fight on, and you will die." 

There's been far too much bloodshed already. Please, don't make me destroy you.

Edited by Nato The Traveler
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Voltex: Attack Tuma: Intelligence: 10 + 10 = 20

Smoke Monster: Snipe Tuma: Irrelevant

FF: Look Around: Intelligence: 6 + 4 = 10; Luck: 6 + 6 = 12 (Average: 11)

---

Terrorsaur sees the charging Skrall stop - they have seen something mystifying. And soon, so does Terrorsaur.

---

Burnmad arrives at Tesara, a mystifying sight before him and his soldiers - 'No Skrall' is simpler than it sounds, much simpler, for there are very few Skrall in the south of Tesara right now. And then, even fewer.

---

Smoke Monster goes to aim - but soon stops, a mystifying sight before him, and a great weight taken off him.

---

Quin does not get a reply from Tuma - nor does Nato's offer of mercy ever reach Tuma's ears. Perhaps they are horrified by what they see.

Voltex has struck Tuma with the flail, and within seconds, Tuma is withering away into dust - dying, falling, cursing Nato and the force he knows is manipulating Nato. "You will bring more doom to Bara Magna than Skrall ever will." Those were his last words - unaware that Voltex had struck the killing blow. 

Tuma has fallen. His Skrall still remain.

Fortunately for Quin, Burnmad has come with support - and thornax are now firing upon the Skrall, elite and dream-controlled alike, a surprise attack that is piercing their armour. 

If Nato and Voltex wanted that last shard - the time to act was now, a group of twenty Jungle Agori approaching.

---

FF can see Tuma wither away into dust suddenly, Nato, Voltex, and Quin near the withered dust that used to be Tuma - Quin carrying the shard, and Voltex carrying the five others. 

---

The shards are in very close proximity to each other, between Quin and Voltex... and Voltex has a weapon that kills near-instantly. 

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

IC: General Quin - It's time to leave.

Tuma fell to the ground, and coughed out a few last words to the ice agori behind him before dying.

In what seemed like a very very very good stroke of luck, our fearless leader Burnmad had arrived, in a vehicle no less.

Between the Iron Agori who had just killed Tuma and the Ice Agori behind Tuma's pile of dust, I don't think he could come at a more appropiate time.

I desperately run for Burnmad's Cendox.

OOC: Roll agility.

Edited by Okuyasu Nijimura

Sums up my thoughts on Tuma's death. Anyways,

IC: Toa Smoke Monster

A smile creeps across my face at the sight of Tuma's body turning to dust. Even though I wanted to land the killing blow, it doesn't matter in the end. With Tuma gone, the Rock Agori can now be free to live as they wish. Which is what I've wanted since the Iconox Civil War.

My attention turns to the scene with the shards. Unsure of what is going on, I look for a secure spot, if there is one left, to observe the scene and see what happens. I request RNG rolls for Intelligence and Luck for this action. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

IC: Nato - No Fate But What We Make.

"Goodbye Tuma," I whisper, as his remains wither before me, "I'll see you in the dream." 

His words cut deep; I know they're true. But I always knew. Right from the moment I agreed to spread the dream, to pledge myself to the cause of that strange, ethereal being, I knew there'd be consequences. Now that I saw the dream's effect, the way these Agori and Skrall had been stripped of their wills, I finally understood the true nature of the doom I had brought. A fate worse than what had befallen the Iron Tribe, a fate worse than death itself.

But I understood something else, too. I didn't care anymore. 

I'd given my life to Iconox, devoted every waking moment to bringing the village ever greater glory. We'd practically been the rulers of Bara Magna, and now, it was all lost to me. The village's ruler had openly betrayed me, and the people had cast me aside. After everything I'd done for them - the lies, the bribes, the extortion - they'd handed away everything I'd given them - their freedom, their power, their influence - for nothing

And in the same vein, I owed them nothing.

The dream was all I had left now, and all of Bara Magna - save for the Iron Tribe - would share that same fate. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

TimeLord had great satisfaction in plowing down the Skrall.

As he drove up to Nato the Fire General and the Iron Agori he stopped the vehicle.

"Thank you Iron one for taking down Tuma. But I must asked what ever you have planned with those shards don't let it happen here. Tesara has already had its share of bad luck for one day. And what's this talk of dreams?"

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

IC: Nato - The Bringer of Bara Magna's Doom.

"There is only the Dream." I mutter, casting a sideways glance towards the armless Agori for a moment, before addressing the battlefield as a whole. "Now... Skrall of Roxtus! Your leader has been slain, your war is lost, and you're surrounded by Agori who want nothing more than to see you all dead! Tuma led you to believe that your only options were to fight, or to die, but I can provide you with a third option: serve." 

Tuma died before he ever had the chance to refuse or accept my offer, so there's no need for me to carry out my threat to wipe out all of the Skrall. When this is all over, I probably ought to thank Voltex for providing me with that loophole. 

"Serve me! Serve the Dream! And together, we shall make Bara Magna a better place for all!" I point at the fleeing form of Quin, "Restrain him, and retrieve the shard. Use force if necessary, but don't kill anyone else! There's been enough death this day!" 

(Roll Intelligence/Luck to persuade the Skrall and Dreamers)

• Upvote 1

Quin: Run to Cendox: Agility: 6 + 6 = 12

Smoke Monster: Observe from a secure spot: Intelligence: 6 + 1 = 7; Luck: 6 + 10 = 16 (Average: 12)

Nato: D R E A M : Intelligence: 8 + 7 = 15; Luck: 5 + 6 = 11 (Average: 13)

Smoke Monster finds a secure spot within a bush, and observes the scene of the shard.

---

Quin successfully runs to the Cendox, driven by Burnmad. There is a problem: ten Elite Skrall are chasing. And soon, many more regular Skrall, 

And them, with Nato's words, many of the Skrall begin dreaming, their wills weak because of the loss of their leader. Those that had previously charged south begin doing so again, many simply pushing past the various Agori forces present. 

---

Twenty Jungle Agori approach Nato, Voltex, and Timelord, surrounding Timelord, repeating Nato's words. "There is only the dream."

---

The fire that had previously been spreading is dying down significantly, having never reached the same intensity of the previous fire and the one who commanded it dead, the ones who perpetrated it leaderless.

---

the shards

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

IC: Terrorsaur

No! Stop! No more fighting. Tuma is defeated. We have time and resources to talk this out peacefully. I handed over those shards so that the Skrall may be defeated - and that has been done for the most part. I have no love for any agendas beyond that.

Gathering some more of my forces, I approach the Ice Agori ordering Skrall around. "Call them off."

IC: Burnmad

Burnmad has now arrived upon the scene, and rolls INT to gather his bearings of the situation:

Does he perceive that the Skrall are being ordered around by Voltex?

Does he perceive that some of them are acting strangely?

Or that some Agori are, as well?

In any case, he can't help but notice the fall of the gargantuan Tuma, and the approach of Quin, who flees from Elite Skrall.

Those same Skrall, of course, are met with a hail of fire from the oncoming vehicles, while Burnmad executes a power slide, slowing just enough for the Fire General to hop up onto the vehicle and grab a hold of him. (Roll INT for me to know how to do a power slide, and Quin's AGI for him to grab on)

- :burnmad:

OOC: Wow, I actually did it.

Should've stayed up later, though. Was totally in position to attack Quin if he ran... until I wasn't. RIP.

Also Burn it's Nato screaming at the Skrall to follow his commands, not me, you goof. Well... not yet.

IC: Voltex

Despite himself, he reveled in his victory for a moment, watching with cold eyes as Tuma withered away into nothingness.

Bara-Magna had been saved by an Iron Agori, those it had tossed aside again and again. But he still wasn't satisfied, and he had now wasted crucial seconds. Vehicles piloted by Fire Agori were now protecting their comrade with the final shard as he escaped.

Vulcanus could not be allowed to take the shard. Iconox, Roxtus, Tajun, Tesara... they had all suffered heavy losses. If Vulcanus took the shard, they would weaponize it, and Bara-Magna would find themselves with new tyrants to rule them.... tyrants that wouldn't appreciate the skills of the Iron Agori like the Skrall had, for all their faults.

The quest is everything.

"Fire on that vehicle! Do not let them escape with the shard!" He yelled, pointing at the Cendox. "Vulcanus now has the strongest army on Bara-Magna, and they oppose the dream! Fire your thornax! Save the dream!"

Roll INT on what I'm saying to convince non-dreamers, I suppose.

-

E: woops missed TL's post so here's that too.

IC: Voltex

I then turn to TL, and recognize him as the Agori who interfered outside Roxtus. It had been his intervention that had allowed Onaku to slay Luroka, and allowed me to save Nato... and had almost certainly led directly to the battle that had been fought in Tesara.

"We need your vehicle. Give it to us, and I can promise you that Tesara will not suffer. I intend to re-forge the shards elsewhere."

Edited by Stark

OOC: I really don't think the skrall at the northern gate will be able to see that Tuma died.

IC:

The second and third rows still had their spears from the shield bashing used earlier, so Hyethut uses that.

"Spears, raise your spears and stab those leapers! Fourth rows, ready your swords and cut down those that make it!"

The efforts of Hyethut's soldiers and militia, as well as the chaotic scrambling of the skrall after Tuma fled the northern gate, had saved Tesara from the barbarian blaze. Their numbers had dwindled in size, and Hyethut thanked Grunkhar for this victory. Following his philosophy on morale winning battles over all, he had told himself that he was going to win the moment he saw Tesara under siege, but a part of him was still blown away by the odds his people and the people of foreign peoples faced and overcame this day. But though the climax of battle was drawing near its end, the sun was not set in the city's circumstances , so Hyethut climbed off his steed, and prepared to climb the roof in order to ready the roofers and jump to finish the melee. But a woman dirtied with dirt and ash to the point of unknowable skin pigment nor ethnicity ran from the south, more disturbed by the sights seen south then the carnage she entered. The crazed woman screamed,

"Dust! To dust he went! Tuma is dead by dusty death!!"

He mentally exclaimed,

Back to the state prior Potter's sculpting!? HOW??! ...the Fallen Star!

All heard her wailing as she came and went. Hyethut did not iniw if what was said was true or not, but such an exclamation surely pierced the hearts of these black-clad pink devils, and the general of Tesara would not waste such an opportunity.

Hyethut climbs to the top of the roof where the excrement had been poured, and told the roof-assigned soldiers to arm their swords then looking down upon the skrall below, Hyethut told them,

"Your leader's carelessness cost him his life!"

Not knowing the fate of those at the south gate, Hyethut bluffed and continued,

"The combat to the southern gate has withered with your leader, you are now alone in this battlefront. I ask you to surrender immediately and be treated as good as prisoners of war can be treated, or face the fists of Grunkhar in our steel and perish here and now".

Roll Intelligence and Luck that Hyethut's bluff works.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

--IC: Lan--

Lan looked around him, at the chaos that was consuming his home.  He desperately wished that he could do something to aid his friends and allies; but he could not.  He was not a warrior, or a military strategist.  He was not even a leader, of any stripe.  He was just a diplomat, a man skilled with words.  And words could not help here...

Or could they?

He had resolved to find a god to thank after his seemingly divine luck in avoiding death earlier.  Perhaps this was the time do so so.  With the odds fluctuating wildly in the battle for Tesara's fate, they needed a bit of divine luck to come out on top.

Lan dropped to his knees, bowed his head, and offered a silent yet fervent prayer to Hyethut's god, Grunkhar, the very same Grunkhar that he had ridiculed and mocked for being nonexistent so often in the past.  He prayed for luck, not for him, but for Leader TimeLord, General Hyethut, Andekas, General FF, Smoke Monster, and the other allies that had come to Tesara's aid.  He prayed for resolve, he prayed for strength, he prayed for wisdom...

He prayed for victory.

• Upvote 2

IC: Andekas arrived at the southern gate, with a Jungle Agori trailing behind him, the agori ran up to Andekas and asked him for his attention. Andekas turned around took the note the Agori had given him, struggling to open it with just one hand, but managing to do so. After reading it, Andekas spoke to the Agori "Well, thank you for this, however, as you can probably assess I am one handed now, my severed hand is in my ammo back, and I am out of ammo. Additionally it is difficult for me to load up a launcher now, so I'm sorry but I am affraid that I cannot do this order." Andekas sighed, but before the Agori departed he asked them one more thing. "Where is General Hyethut?"

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

IC: Toa Smoke Monster

I look around from my hiding spot to see if there is anything of interest, whether it be other players or something peculiar about the environment. I request a RNG roll for Intelligence for this. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

OOC:

It's a Thornatus so when your done bring it back. :P

IC:

Seeing that Nato had some control over the Skrall confused TimeLord but if it ment they left Tesara alone so be it.

"Iron one, safe travels.

Don't make me regret giving up my arms for you now."

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

OOC: wow

Burnmad: Perceive: Intelligence: 9 + 2 

Burnmad: Power Slide: Intelligence: 9 + 7 = 16

Quin: Grab On: Agility: 6 + 4 = 10

Voltex: Convince Non-Dreamers: Intelligence: 10 + 5 = 15

Toru: Figure out what's going on: Intelligence: 7 + 8 = 15

Hyethut: Bluff: Intelligence: 7 + 8 = 15; Luck: 6 + 9 (Average: 12)

FF: Find Thornatus: Intelligence: 6 + 8 = 14; Luck: 6 + 10 = 16

Smoke Monster: Interest: Intelligence: 6 + 9 = 15

---

From a distance, Smoke Monster can see things growing tense to the south, between Voltex, Nato, and Terrorsaur, and a lot of strange things happening with regards to 'dreaming' Skrall and Agori - especially with how they seem to serve Nato, and by extension, Voltex. Most peculiarly, to the south, outside of Tesara and just barely visible is a small, symmetrical ridge. It doesn't look like anything special, but it definitely wasn't there before.

---

Toru dismounted from his Thornatus, trying to get his bearings on what was going on. From a distance, it looked like an utter mess, but Toru soon understood - whatever Quin had, Nato and Voltex wanted, and there was some sort of rapidly increasingly violent argument between them, and that whatever Nato had become, there was much of the same few things Toru had seen at Roxtus - 'dreaming' Agori and even Skrall.

---

Burnmad, having recently arrived at Tesara, perceives that many Skrall and Agori are acting strangely, like they are not just Skrall or Agori, but the hands of something he cannot comprehend. He doesn't notice that they are being ordered around by Voltex, but by Nato instead.

Regardless - a Skrall is still a Skrall, acting strangely or not, and any Skrall acting strange is still met with a hail of fire, slowing down three of the Elite Skrall and knocking out (or killing) one more.

Quin, General of Vulcanus and the carrier of the sole remaining shard, dashed to the Cendox, a vehicle driven by Vulcanus' leader, Burnmad - who does a power-slide to let Quin grab on, however Quin, instead of grabbing on, misses just barely and trips over.

---

Voltex, taking opportunity of Quin's failure to grab onto the Cendox, expresses his interest in acquiring the shard. 

Iconox had almost lost its independence to the Skrall, and much of its population in a civil war. Tajun had lost its leaders, as had Roxtus. Tesara ha burnt. Only Vulcanus had come out unscathed so far - and in the world of Bara Magna, Vulcanus happened to be a very good target now that Tuma was dead - especially as long as it held such a weapon like one shard.

At Voltex's command, dreamers and non-dreamers alike, Agori of Water, Ice, and Jungle alike, fired thornax upon the Cendox. 

And then, Voltex entered the Thornatus.

---

Hyethut, standing tall upon the roofs and overlooking much of the Skrall forces successfully bluffs roughly just over half of the remaining Skrall forces, who, rather than become prisoners of Tesara or face Tesara's steel, begin impaling themselves on their own swords, knowing they have failed.

The rest of the Skrall, however, continue forward, faces blank as if they had never heard anything, as if they had some entire other objective and answered to something entirely different - some die or are injured, but they do not care, and they do not fight back.

---

The Agori trailing Andekas tells him that Hyethut still at the northern gate, probably still fighting.

---

FF, peeking out, instantly finds and sees his Thornatus, it's ready to be driven, although there is a dream-Agori looking as if they are about to get into it.

---

Terrorsaur is beginning to fear that while the Skrall forces have been more or less defeated, the tribes of Bara Magna are about to begin infighting. Everyone wants those shards - 

---

D R E A M

---

OOC:

-The Skrall have stopped fighting back entirely, with the surrender of the normal Skrall and the dreamers focused on something else entirely.

-All that remains is the last shard, or the five other shards depending on who you are. 

-hmm, cendox, thornatuses... 

• Upvote 1

IC: Terrorsaur

No. No more war. No more killing. We can solve this peacefully if the instigators are removed. The Skrall have been, and unfortunately the pair I gave my trust to seem to be the new ones.

The Iron Agori are near extinction for a reason.

Using all my might, all my skill from all my work at Atero, I hurl the trident at Voltex's chest.

(Strength and luck rolls for this action, please.)

IC:

Expecting sane surrender, Hyethut instead saw his enemy suicide themselves and other not even fight anymore, just shoving at the soldiers as if in a hurry to get somewhere.

"This is the second time I have seen barbarians slay themselves in such a way! Honor is one thing, but by The Potter... Men, these fools have obviously lost their mind at the realization of defeat, but they move as one as if with objective. Arrest them so as to prevent them hurting anyone, and if violently objecting, stand out of their way and let us follow them to make sure they do not hurt anyone. After this we shall tend to our dead honorably, bask in our victory and get merry! Praise be to Grunkhar!"

Hyethut turned around to the roof-bound soldiers and militia, and said,

"The lot of you have dutifully served Tesara in tending to the flames, both this one and the last. I am proud of you and Grunkhar smiles on your work. I hear-by declare the formation of the Order of the Palm, and all you militiamen shall be its founding members as well as the soldiers who humbly worked with you civilians. Your coat of arms shall be a blue palm tree on an orange banner. You will have arm bands made for you, and will respond directly to me lest I am not present, then a captain shall temporarily be your head. Send word of this to the others of the militia and firefighting soldiers. It is time that we had people specifically do this, dry wood burns easily."

Thus the Order of the Palm was founded and Hyethut and most of the soldiers with him tended to the insane skrall.

OOC: With the skrall, if I have misread something then tell me, and I will rewrite it.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

IC:

"Terrorsaur let them go they are controlling the Skrall! Kill them and they return fighting us!"

TimeLord then looked for any troops who were not under dream control.

OOC:

Intelligence.

Also I may be late to respond I just evacuated from Irma.

IC: Nato - Oh No You Don't.

Seeing the trident streaking towards Voltex, I dive towards him, hoping to tackle him out of the way. That said... I'm aiming towards his lower body, so that I don't wind up putting myself in the trident's path. 

(Roll Agility to save Voltex).

EDIT: Just realised this post is impossible. Please ignore. 

OOC: Skrall kill Agori = Skrall bad.

Voltex and Nato send Skrall after Agori = Voltex and Nato bad.

Yeah but it's like Pulse and I have both pointed out:

-Iconox's forces are divided and weak after the Civil War

-Roxtus's forces are divided and weak, and lack leadership beyond now being commanded by Agori

-Tesara is... obvious

-Tajun has lost all of its high command except for you, and has now been heavily involved in Atero and Tesara

Vulcanus is the only village with an almost untouched military. For most Agori, that's not really a good sign, especially with them now trying to leave with a possible WMD.

Of course, you're also part of the Atero alliance dedicated to uniting Bara-Magna, so... I doubt your character is thinking along those lines. :P

• Upvote 1

OOC: Did you miss the part where Nato explicitly ordered the Skrall not to kill anyone?