IC: Nato - Endgame.

"East," I point out the watchtower to Voltex, "I think some of the Agori and Skrall fighting over there are under my... master's... influence." I still find myself disliking that word. The problem was, they were way over there in the East section of the city, and the shard was beyond the South gates. Unless they could break away from the fighting, it was unlikely this lone group of dreamers would be able to help us much. 

"Hopefully FF can hold his own," I finally decide, "I'm going to make a run for the gate."

With that, I start running south. 

(Roll Agility to avoid any obstacles, combatants, etc. that might get in my way)

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

FF: Snipe Branar: Strength: 6 + 10 = 16; Luck: 6 + 7 = 13 (Average: 15, rounded up from 14.5)

Smoke Monster: Duck: Agility: 6 + 2 = 8; Luck: 6 + 5 = 13 (Average: 10, rounded up from 9.5)

Nato: Run: Agility: 8 + 10 = 18

Toru: Party-crash: Intelligence: 7 + 4 = 11

(You guys have been really lucky lately. Well, except Smoke Monster...)

---

FF takes aim at Branar, and the thornax flies through the air, heading straight for the unwary Skrall named Branar, whose helmet is cracked apart and the left side of his face destroyed by the thornax. Branar, caught off guard, is now enraged, and throws his sword directly at FF...

---

Smoke Monster, seeing the thornax heading straight for him, tries to flee down the stairs - unfortunately, in his haste, the force of the thornax exploding sends him tumbling down the stairs, doing no favours to his injured arm, which is now almost entirely devoid of feeling. Despite this, you are out of Tuma's sight... for now.

---

Nato begins to run for the gate, his agility seemingly almost supernatural, shoving past any Agori in his way and trying not to wander into the destination of any thornax or makeshift torches. He darts past a Jungle Agori he somewhat recognises - the same Jungle Agori that helped free him, Timelord - and almost trips over the corpse of Stronius, stopping just before the potholes in front of the south gate. Through the southern gate, Nato can see roughly seventy-seven Skrall, fighting forces of both Tesara and Vulcanus in front of him, and a small force of Vulcanus' forces behind them. And then...

---

Toru, leading a charge of one-hundred and five Agori from both Iconox and Tajun, makes his attack, which would have been a surprise had it not been for the Thornatus almost crashing into Tesara's walls. Swerving around, Toru fired the force blasters of the Thornatus, severely burning the back lines of the Skrall while the Agori he led began clashing with those Skrall, the combined efforts noticeably thinning the Skrall forces at the southern gate.

---

Tuma, pleased with his aim and believing Smoke Monster to have been killed, continued onward to the south, noticing a strange glow from the chest Quin's forces carried. He did not overlook the small army Terrorsaur and Toru were leading, either - and made a sound signifying that all Elite Skrall were to make their way to the south gate. Other than that, he tried to keep quiet - his mind was too focused on the strange glow to yell anything for the moment - he didn't notice that Toru was the prisoner Roxtus had recently gained and lost, and he hadn't noticed the Rock Agori that had shot him was Smoke Monster.

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

IC: Nato - A Date With Destiny.

I can still see the glow indicating the position of the final missing shard, but that objective is no longer what's holding my attention. My eyes are fixed on a familiar black-green figure in the distance, a figure who stands taller than any of the other Skrall or Agori, a figure whose back is bleeding from a wound I know all too well from my dreams. 

"Tuma." 

Keeping my sword at the ready, I begin charging towards my nemesis. "Tuma! Remember me?!"

Not out of blind rage, although I certainly feel a significant amount of resentment towards the being who so rudely rejected my offer of alliance. No, this is an act of strategy. If Tuma falls, his troops will be left leaderless, and will thus be easier for the united Agori armies to defeat or drive away. Besides, if I come charging through the fray and attempt to take the final shard from Quin while the battle is still raging, the soldiers of Vulcanus will see me as an enemy. If I help them vanquish the Skrall, they might feel more inclined to simply hand the shard over. At least, I hope so... 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

FF: Kill Branar: Strength: 6 + 7 = 13; Agility: 7 + 7 = 14 (Average: 14, rounded up from 13.5)

FF dodges the enraged Branar, firing his thornax launcher once more as he dodged away from Branar's blade, and saw Branar's head explode - Branar falling over, while the Skrall within the watchtoer now seem to be fighting each other instead of focusing on your forces. 

---

Tuma, arriving at the southern gates, turns to hear and see Nato charging through a small gap made by Toru's attack on the Skrall. Upon his face grows a devious smile. "Finally, you come to me. Perhaps Tesara should know you attempted to forge a deal between us of Roxtus and you of Iconox at the expense of the rest of Bara Magna. Perhaps they should know you support the criminal Voltex, the criminal Sahmad, and the criminal Luroka in their endeavours. Perhaps you should know that by now, we will have executed your friend, Toru, at Roxtus. Perhaps you should know that Atero is being raided by Bone Hunters even now, under my command and with your blessing. 

And perhaps you should know, that your head is about to come clean off your neck for your dishonour."

Tuma charges at Nato, his own massive sword ready to collide into Nato through a combination of its own momentum, Tuma's strength, and the fact that Nato is charging straight at Tuma.

---

The sun is setting, but it is not getting any darker. The fire is lighting up the night sky once more. 

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

IC: Toa Smoke Monster.

Trying to ignore my numb arm, I sneak back up to what's left of the roof of my building. While trying to stay behind cover, I look upon the village to find Tuma's location, aim at his back once more, and fire another round from my Thornax Launcher at it. I request RNG rolls for Strength and Luck for this. 

OOC: Third times the charm for hitting Tuma in the back. Hopefully. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

IC:

Seeing the two vehicles filled with the thornax he asked for.

"Soldiers fire apon the Skrall! Citizens get buckets of water and sand and work on putting out the flames. Soldiers on the wall Fire apon Tuma till he dies!"

OOC:

Strength stat for shooting down Skrall and Tuma.

Voltex please don't forge that mask in Tesara. I like for my people to stay alive.

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

IC: General Quin - Southern Gates

Forces approaching from the south...possibly allies.

This was getting too hectic too fast.

And for some reason I got the feeling that they too wanted the shard that I had recovered.

"LET'S MOVE! TO THE SOUTH, PROTECT THE SHARD!" I yelled, moving my forces away.

I didn't care what Burnmad said at this point, no matter who won this battle they would want this shard, and I had seen what it had done.

It's place was somewhere safe deep in Vulcanus, where only a few people knew where it truly was kept.

IC: Voltex

I watch as Nato confronts Tuma, and sigh, as the Fire Agori with the shard begin attempting to retreat.

That won't do at all.

I begin approaching the Vulcanus forces; though really, they'll be passing me if they intend on retreating anyway.

E: OOC: TL if you can find a reasonable IC excuse to help me get the final shard, then let's talk.

Edited by Stark

IC: FF

Picking up Branar's thrown sword, FF noticed the Skrall fighting amongst themselves. Perhaps a dispute in their group has gone physical. Perhaps some unknown force is mind controlling them.

Whatever the reason, he knew he had to get his work done here soon before something escalates.

"Okay. Some of you will fire at the Skrall while they're distracted with themselves while some of us will move past the Skrall to open the gates. We shall move to a different location after we finish our task here." FF commanded.

pWPTu7m.jpg

OOC: Wow a lot occurred while sleeping and working. And I see that you moved me. Also removed the more eccentric things the guy said. Ah well.

IC: At the sound of his codeword, General Hyethut had prepared himself in case his powder attack betrayed him. Thankfully the wind kept its course to the north and the death powder flowed with it. The yellow death went through the northern gates, affecting all the skrall there before the powder went beyond the gate and start to dissipate outside the city walls.

Luck Roll on the powder dissipating only after affecting skrall outside the northern gate.

Whatever the outcome outside the walls, Hyethut told the soldiers on the roofs to combat the fire with the militiamen; the cauldron once filled with excrement is to be files with water, likewise other cauldrons found and filled to aid the buckets of water and buckets of dirt. When ready the soldiers on the ground were to clear the northern gate and the area outside of it of the enemy so they can eventually evacuate families from the fiery holocaust.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Smoke Monster: Snipe Tuma: Strength: 7 + 5 = 12; Luck: 6 + 6 = 12 (Average: 12)

Timelord: Thornax 'Apon' (sic) the Skrall: Strength: 6 + 7 = 13

Toru: The Forgotten art of Aiming: Intelligence: 7 + 2 = 9

Hyethut: Dissipate Powder: Luck: 6 + 6 = 12

---

Smoke Monster clambers up the roof of the building, desperately trying to fire while staying behind cover. The problem is that the building is beginning to burn, though there are militiamen attending to the fire.

---

Timelord, now effectively acting as the commander of the southern gate forces, does not need to argue to get the civilians of Tesara to try and help put out the fire, nor for the soldiers to fire their thornax upon the Skrall. Buckets of water and sand are carried to and from, while the Skrall try to defend - ineffectually, since they are fighting on two fronts, now also being by the one-hundred and twenty-five Water Agori Terrorsaur leads at the south. You're making progress - this force here is injured, and you are injuring it further,

---

Toru continues to try to aim the force blasters on his thornatus, though the problem is much of them miss, and the ones that do hit are leaving a watchtower almost crumbling. 

---

FF's forces advance, firing upon the Skrall at the secret entrance - and then many die like Branar, their heads exploded... and their bodies impaled by Skrall blades? As they came closer, they saw nine Skrall retreating from the entrance, heading south.

---

Fortunately for Hyethut, the powder at the northern gate soon dissipated after affecting the Skrall, meaning that combat at the northern gate was no longer going to be lethal. Unfortunately, also meaning the Skrall at the northern gate that were still alive could fight again. 

At his orders, the militia and roof-soldiers begin to fetch cauldrons to fill with water, while the rest desperately tried to stop the rest of the fire from spreading with buckets of water and sand.

---

Quin and his forces try to retreat. The problem: the elite Skrall Tuma had called for earlier are now approaching, and there are twenty of them. They have seen Tuma, in combat with Nato, and they have seen the glow. Tuma merely glances toward the glow, as if to tell them to ignore Nato and go for it - and the Elite Skrall charge at Quin's retreating forces.

As they do so, Tuma stumbles in his charge, another thornax hitting his back, but soon continuing his charge, trying to ignore the pain.

What does Lan need to do right now?  Or, more importantly, what can Lan do right now?  (Can I be infected with the Dream thing?)

IC: Terrorsaur - South Gate

The old adage I was taught, about flowing like water in battle, finally clicks with me. This all seems so natural after coming out of Atero. I move about with ease, doing whatever I can to help a soldier to their feet or to stab at a Skrall not already engaged by one of my troops. Knowing that there are Jungle Agori working with us on the other side of the gate and that Toru is here as well is a big boost of morale, too.

Edited by Fractyl

People were asking, so here we go:

G&T Discord

Back in... January, I think, we created a G&T Skype chat; this new Discord is intended to replace that, since Discord is better in just about every way so far.

The Discord has a few channels; one for general discussion and another where we're hoping to arrange a couple game nights each week. Chances are these game nights are going to be Left 4 Dead 2 or Team Fortress 2 MvM most of the time, but I'm sure there are other games we'll play as well.

So anyway, come on and join us!

Lan: you may do what you want.

Quin: Retreat: Agility: 6 + 4= 10

"The dream, sir. The dream is spreading," begins a Jungle Agori soldier near FF, "The dream must be spread."

---

The problem with retreating away is that you get people trying to chase you or cut you off, and these Elite Skrall are no different - the first of which Quin saw club one of his soldier's heads into a mush, while four more Elite Skrall moved to shoot the glowing chest or the Agori carrying it. 

---

Terrorsaur's incursion at the southern gate, for him, required little effort - at least Skrall fought conventionally, unlike Bone Hunters, and the Skrall here, at the southern gate, seemed increasingly outnumbered while fighting increasingly sloppily as they took more and more casualties.

IC: Nato - At Last.

He's charging at me. I'm charging at him. Perfect.

As the distance closes between us, I attempt to dodge to the side, and strike out at the back of his knee as he passes me by. 

(Rolling Agility and Luck to live)

IC: General Quin - Trying to escape

I'd kill all of these skrall if it meant saving this shard.

I attempted to escape again, having a few of my men stay back and fire thornax at the elite skrall in order to let us escape.

OOC: Rolling agility and strength to escape and fire thornaxx at the enemy.

Nato: Live: Agility: 8 + 9 = 17; Luck: 5 + 10 = 15 (Average: 16)

Quin: Escape: Agility: 6 + 4 = 10; Strength: 9 + 1 = 10 (Average: 10)

---

Voltex has not gone unnoticed by a few Tesarans, and a few soldiers try to forcibly pull him aside to bring him to Timelord.

---

Nato stares Tuma in the face as he dodges Tuma's blade before it even comes close, striking the back of the knee as he does. Tuma stumbles once more, turning slowly, and snarls at Nato, and asks a question while firing his thornax launcher. "Do you know what a Bone Hunter looks like?"

---

Quin is running away from problems. The problem is, the problems are faster, stronger, and relentless - and while they are struck by a few thornax, the Elite Skrall shake it off. The chest is soon exploded, struck by a thornax and almost amputating the hands of a guard carrying it, the shard within flying out and skidding across the sand, leaving a trail of grass and other plantlife behind it as it comes to a stop close to the southern gates of Tesara, its glow increasing in intensity - an intensity that cannot be ignored by those who can see it - including Nato, Tuma, Terrorsaur, Timelord, Voltex, Quin, Toru, Tuma, and FF. 

The Elite Skrall have split into two groups of ten - one to continue chasing and attacking Quin's troops, another to chase after the shard.

---

"Find the glow, sir. The dream must come to bless all of Bara Magna. It is the wish of the Great Dreamer!" says the Jungle Agori, pointing at the strange glow even brighter to the south. A few of the Jungle Agori, including the one who has just spoken, are moving forward without waiting for your command.

---

At the northern gate, the Skrall have had enough of their 'retreat', and their almost failing but not unsuccessful fire - the two glows to the south have captivated them. Now, they charge forward as one force, through any dead Skrall or Agori, ready to carve a path through Tesara to the southern gate.

The fire - the fire is having bouts of sudden intensity and sudden calmness, and is mitigated due to the efforts of the militia, civilians, and soldiers alike. Because...

Life is about to go wild.

• Upvote 1

IC: Nato -Dumb Questions.

I laugh. "Of course I do. Just today, I watched them die in the dozens at Atero."

Of course, I have no idea who won the battle at Atero in the end, but Tuma doesn't know that.

As he fires, I attempt to leap out of the projectile's path.

(Rolling Agility to dodge the thornax)

IC: Voltex

I reach into the bag, and pull out the flail with my good hand.

"Leave me be, or I'll kill you all!" The words are a snarl, and I can feel adrenaline racing through my veins. I watch the chest explode, and the final shard bounce across the ground, chased by 10 Elite Skrall and a Fire Agori. I glance at the Jungle Agori. "You wish me to go with you? We grab that shard, first. Until it is in my possession... everyone who dares to stand in my way will turn to ashes in the wind."

I begin to advance toward the final shard.

I am filled with D E T E R M I N A T I O N.

• Upvote 1