IC: Nato - Embracing Fate.

"I've come too far to turn back now," I say solemnly, closing my eyes.

I take a deep breath, perhaps the last I will ever take, and attempt to push the floating Mask onto my face. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Hyethut did nothing, he was more curious as to what would happen as the holy face from space was placed upon the face from this place. But he was not to risk his future, Tesara's future, and so let go of Nato's wrist and walked away backwards towards the Tesaran gate, far enough away in case some judgment befell the cast of characters before him but still being able to see everything clearly, standing in stolid scholarly attention of the glowing event.

OOC: Pulse, lets see what happens with the Ignika.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

The Mask of Life floats upon Nato's face, attaching itself, and soon constricting his ability to breath - as if the Mask had a will of its own - which it very much did.

The Mask, rather than the Great Spirit the Great Beings had created, was now host to the entity that had created the dream. The entity that had robbed so many of their will, the entity that had destroyed their mind and puppeted them as its hands. The same entity that indirectly cursed Nato, yet for whatever reason keeping its promise to not involve the Iron Agori.

The Mask glows extremely brightly, and soon Nato's flesh begins to change, expanding and stretching into red flesh as the red paste that used to be dreamers coalesces into flesh itself, joining the being that had formed using Nato's body as a basis, the being that was incomprehensible to look out, the being whose flesh folded in impossible ways and simultaneously reached into your mind simply by looking at it.

Annona was free to roam the realm beyond their own dream once more, many beings ripe to be made into mindless slaves that did nothing more but dreamt the dreams that Annona sustained on. 

Nato is no more. 

And then the Mask of Life falls to the ground, the red-fleshed thing known as Annona no longer needing it. 

Tesara falls silent.

...But perhaps there's still a use for the Mask of Life yet, if Bara Magna could survive.

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

IC: Nato - No more.

See you in the dream.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Mouth gaping in bewildered fright, Hyethut's mind tore at the sight and he shouted to the soldiers at the southern gate in hysterical madness, "Hide yourselves and your families!" before he fell to his knees, hands catching his fall as drool dripped from his dazed face.

He only managed to utter the following words before throwing up in his mouth,

"What is happening?!"

If Hyethut could think wholly right now, he would recall in the Grunkharist scrolls how it is said that when the world was created out of the corpse matter from the Eternal War, there were beings that spawned with material creation, the Celestial Monsters, the second race of gods found in creation, the immortal abominations that oft served their own will and neither order nor Open rebellion. Neither demonic Krahagnu nor angelic Avhagnu, but princely terrors beyond comprehension. But right now, standing up will be a feat of itself.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

OOC: In hindsight, I probably should've let someone else put on the Mask. :(

OOC: In hind sight , I should have stabbed you and buried the mask under Tesara, but I was genuinely curious as to what would happen.

And pulse, if you don't approve of that world building, tell me and I'll wipe it.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

OOC: Dang it, Nato. You ruined Iconox's deathless streak :P.

IC: FF

FF never thought he would hit the reverse pedal and drive off so fast in his life. Even when he drove off (taking Smoke Monster with him) the minute he saw Nato's flesh being warped around, FF still got himself a millisecond of a glance at a red, fleshy otherworldly mass thing.

He may now have recurring "dreamless" nights in the next few weeks...

Edited by Fluorescent Flowers

pWPTu7m.jpg

IC:

Hyethut stares at the ground for a moment, drool string down and wetting the earth, but he closed his eyes, and rationalized himself the best he could.

I.... Am the Sword of Grunkhar

He stood up, the glance made at the monster watering his eyes, but he kept his eyes on the mask as he walked towards it, heaving one leg in front of the other. He didn't know what it could do, but was the only thing around that he knew had the power to do something about this nightmare realized.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Hyethut manages to stand up, approaching the Mask of Life.

His vision  - no, his mind - is blurring. Annona is knocking at his mind's door, ready to make him a being that only dreamed. 

Whatever Hyethut planned, time was of the essence. Moreso now than at any other time. 

IC: Toa Smoke Monster

"FF, I'm really glad now that you stopped and picked me up." I tell him as we ride around in the Thornatus. "I have no idea what that thing is, what happened to Nato, or what that floating Mask had to do with any of it. What are we going to do about this?"

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Toru: Resist: Strength: 7 + 5 = 12

Much to Toru's horror, there's not much to resist - at least physically, and the tentacle soon curls back up to Annona, its job done.

Instead, Toru is beginning to feel somewhat lethargic. Dream. Dream. There is only the dream. Submit to the dream, T O R U .

Sweet Dreams.

IC:

Seeing the creature form out of Nato's body almost made TimeLord vomit.

Seeing the mask that had made grass killed allie and foe alike he knew it has to be saved.

"Hyethut get the mask and let retreat Tesara needs us! Don't do anything stupid!"

TimeLord got into a small circle of troops and ordered them to push toward the mask so Hyethut could make a easy escape to allies.

OOC:

Use Intelligence if a star is needed.

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

IC: Terrorsaur

My turn to run.

Intense regret is all I feel as I book it out of Tesara with my men. Regret that I couldn't save Toru. Regret that I wasn't strong -or maybe weak- enough to finish the job with Voltex, instead only leaving him more crippled than he already was. Regret that I wasn't enough to keep Atero and the Agori there untouched.

Regret that everything I did was so small

Understanding that I will soon enter my own dream

Toru: Resist: Intelligence: 7 + 9 = 16

Timelord: Irrelevant

---

Toru, against all odds, resists the urge to sleep, and the urge to dream. Instead, Annona's influence is kicked out of his mind - and he is now more lucid than he has ever been. 

---

The troops of Tesara do not need concerning. Whatever Annona was - it was a threat, and Hyethut was their general - ad thus, they did exactly as Timelord asked.

---

Terrorsaur soon has a massive concussion, a migraine, as Annona is trying to remove his will to do anything but dream.

Terrorsaur has lost much, hallucinating Jed, Underscore, and Manducus' faces merged together in the ground beneath him, staring at him, judging him. A trick to erode his will. 

But Terrorsaur isn't dead, or gone yet.

• Upvote 2

--IC: Lan--

This was not at all good.

Lan's stomach churned even worse than when the Skrall had first advanced on Tesara. The monster that... Nato, was it? That Nato had unleashed with the combined shards, and subsequently been consumed by, was horrifying. It was showing signs of being even more dangerous than the Skrall could ever hope to be.

Having remained out of the fight for this long, he decided that it was time to get out of inaction. He rushed over to Leader TimeLord and his small contingent of soldiers, knife drawn, ready to do something.

"Awaiting orders, Leader TimeLord."

OOC: Eats popcorn while watching events unfold.

"And I thought awakening Makuta in BZPGOT S2 had horrible consequences."

• Upvote 3

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Terrorsaur

"Nnng.... NO! I will die on my own terms!"

I've spent all my time trying to bring as much unity as possible. Being friendly amd welcoming to visitors to Tajun and maintaining the same manner when visiting other tribes. Supporting the Arena Magna system because it provides a deathless way to settle disputes. Fighting and winning a war in Atero because it is a central pillar of Agori society and culture. Killing those who pose a threat to Agori who have done no wrong.

I am Terrorsaur. I was born on this plane. Every comrade I lost was born on this plane, and they died on it too. I will die on this plane, of this plane. I would gladly find Voltex and offer my neck to his sword if it was the only way to escape this dreamer. This master of nightmares.

I will not bow to the machinations of a higher being. The schemes, the hopes, the struggles, the DREAMS of free Bara Magnans - I belong to those.

I attempt to push Annona from my mind.

• Upvote 1

IC: Voltex

Almost by instinct alone, I reach down and pull Toru back to his feet.

"Do you dream?" I ask, because I need to know.

If he does, I must kill him, or leave him behind. But if he does not... well, Nato is dead, and if Toru can resist Annona, he will be an invaluable ally.

• Upvote 1

IC:

Hyethut's mind ached as a foreign force knocked on his skull like a door. But his will and determination acts as a barrier against this new siege. At least, for now.

Hyethut approaches the alien mask, and grabs it, his unliving gauntlets of war unknowingly sparing him from any adverse effects.

Mask held in two hands, Hyethut dared not put the artifact on his face unless it does the same thing it did before and use his body as a vessel for another monster. Instead, the scarred mask will return to the state it was in not too long ago. The general does not know if he was going to survive his next action, but a life sacrificed for Tesara was a noble death in of itself, and he readied to meet Grunkhar face to face. If he lived, then Tesara will be his to protect by force if need be.

With these thoughts speeding by, Hyethut raised the mask up, looked up to see the flesh-shifting star become momentarily distracted by an army of Tesarans and vulkans running and shouting towards her, the sight of Annona causing a facial expression of writhing mental pain, eyes in tears and ocular veins stinging, and smashed upon the creature with all his might with the mask of life.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

OOC: Okay, I've been trying to keep track, but there is just too much happening all at once, where am I in this whole situation?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

OOC: Okay, I've been trying to keep track, but there is just too much happening all at once, where am I in this whole situation?

OOC: You're somewhere near the South gate in a sort of empty space in the village. That's where I wound up after pushing past the Skrall and that's where the mask was activated after I speared Voltex.

E: Nevermind I thought you were Iaredios. Regardless, you'd probably be moving to the center of commotion anyways

Edited by Fractyl

OOC: You're somewhere near the South gate in a sort of empty space in the village. That's where I wound up after pushing past the Skrall and that's where the mask was activated after I speared Voltex.

E: Nevermind I thought you were Iaredios. Regardless, you'd probably be moving to the center of commotion anyways

OOC: Okay, and where did Tuma die again? Was it at the south gate?

pure_muscle.png

OOC: Okay, and where did Tuma die again? Was it at the south gate?
Towards that area, yes.

IC: FF

"I... don't know. It feels too dangerous and too late to go back now. I think our best course of action is to go back to Iconox to tell Guurahk the news. I believe it's over for now."

IC: Toa Smoke Monster

"Agreed. I don't think there is anything we can do at the moment but retreat for now and regroup. Do we need to pick up anyone else before we head out?

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hyethut grasps the Mask of Life, bashes the Mask of Life on the thing that can be best described as Annona's 'body' as he begins to feel Annona try to meddle with his own mind.

The Mask of Life doesn't simply break, as intended - but instead explodes, the impossibilities of Annona's body confusing the basic intelligence within the mask now that it is no longer host to Annona. Annona is not life. Annona is not death. Annona is wrong, a being that should not exist. Annona has made a mockery of life, and here it was, trying its best to comprehend - to no avail. 

And such an explosion has severe consequences. For everyone.

Those who had exploded into the red paste that had partially coalesced into Annona's body found themselves alive once more, screaming out in incomprehensible pain as Annona's flesh twisted and turned back into the Agori and Skrall they had once been, incomprehensible limbs folding into comprehensible, recognisable limbs. 

Annona melts, significantly weakened, as if they had never been brought into this world at all - until all that remains is some very confused Agori and Skrall in a puddle of blood and liquefied flesh, centred around the corpse of Nato. There was no sign of whatever became of the Mask of Life.

Hyethut, whether intentionally or not, has just saved Bara Magna from its fate. He lied unconscious, just outside of Tesara.

The threat was over - the Skrall were defeated, and Annona had been sent back to their own dream, unable to interact with the waking world once more. 

Episode Nine has ended.

Let's all take a break before we begin the Epilogue.

• Upvote 4

IC: Before Andekas could assess his own plan of action, the massive wave of light and energy that had erupted in the north of Tesara caught his attention. Turning to the pile of ash that remained of Tuma, Andekas ran over to it, took not a second of thought before spitting upon it, and with his remaining hand grabbed a small shard that was once a part of the Giant's helmet from the pile, before sprinting with haste over to the North of Tesara.

OOC: This is a part of my part of the Epilogue.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png