Kal the Guardian

IC:Illume:He heard something. It was loud. He was planning on hunting with this camp anyway and he might just hunt this silly screeching beast.Noir:He heard something but ignored it for the most part. He sat on a crate and hoped the rain would go away. He frowned and headed into the forest. He felt depressed and wanted to be alone.Kane:He heard a loud scream and with good hearing it was even louder. So he screamed back. He faced the direction the noise came from and unleashed a dreadful scream hoping to outscream the other things and force them to shut up.OOC: So do the Rhak have all the Makuta powers or something?

OOC: Not all, infinitus. They seem to possess and hone a select few each. How many and what exactly those powers are, along with how honed, is left to you guys to guess. =3Also, Lev, note that the end of this post is purposefully left ambiguous. Think of something crazy.

GMSecond Rhak/Attacking ThalidonIC:

Thalidon's attacks tore into the Rhak, which simply stood there. It was a question for science how it was standing, how it survived its skin being torn away in layers and chunks. But it stood strong, and its skin was never torn completely from its body. Despite the immense joy it was obtaining from this kill, it decided that the time had come to end this miserable creature's life.Two massive trees, standing strong against the power screams, lifted two proportionately massive branches. These were drawn back, back, back. Then, with a reverberating slamming noise, the two came simultaneously together and upon the ground, hard enough to crush anything between them. Included in that area were the Rhak and Thalidon - unless they had both miraculously survived?

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC: Thalidon / Fighting Second RhakThalidon could feel the incoming trees, and fell prone almost immediately to the side. The two longest branches crossed over each other as they came down, impaling the ground on opposite sides of the Rhak, leaving only smaller and moderate sized branches - still large enough to take out a Toa - to strike it.Thalidon was just at the side in this time, right below the fall, and counted his blessing - the few there were - he hadn't been crushed. And then he realized he was still sitting in a pool of plants on the ground, still tryinging to kill him, and he had a smaller tree limb imapled in his right arm and pinning him to the ground.He screamed on pure instinct, shattering the branches right above him, though they were already stationary and impaled in a cage around him. He was pinned.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

The vines quickly covered Thalidon, constrict his torso, neck, forehead, limbs. The last thing he would see before a vine came over his eyes was the Rhak, whole, standing nearby him.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC: Thalidon / Fighting Second RhakThalidon didn't 'see' anything; he never had. He detected the Rhak above him. He detected an enemy."Give me your best shot!" he hissed up, as his neck and limbs were twisted under the writhing foliage. He almost considered it sort of ironic. Still, he could hope that it was the Rhak that killed him, and not the undergrowth. At least the hunter would have some dignity in that.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

The Rhak enjoyed this immensely. That blasphemous creature was covered in thorned vines, injecting him with poison that would knock him from consciousness. But he would be haunted by excruciating pain - pain within his dreams. The rahi smiled as it gave a strong kick to Thalidon's head.

IC - Laorus - Camp C: Finally. "They call me the Paladin," Laorus answered. "But you can call me Laorus -- and perhaps you can help me. See, I've come to this island in search of a few things -- these Rhak creatures, for one. Any idea where I could find one, or perhaps how I might capture one?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Camp A - ???Rayhoun leaned against the nearby crate, one of his swords in hand. He looked up at the stormy sky, his hat weighed down with rain. His face was one of absolute calm, almost as if he was in a state of bliss.Which was why it was all the more shocking when his sword stabbed into the wood, being dragged down, then back up, then to the side. Around and around into more recognizable shapes.Once it was done, one could plainly see that it said:

To Any Who Wish To

Escape Dreamland

And Further Their Life

Please Report To Tempest At The

Only Bay Passage

For Information On The Eye

With the message finished, Tempest turned on his heel, walking slowly and calmly back to the shore;OOC: I'm finally doing something public! Without acting like a fool! Yay!-Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Camp A Tyrana watched as Krokk and Mala gathered supplies, her hand still clutched tightly on her blade at her side. "What are the others outside up to?" she asked. IC: Camp B The subject of cutting through the plants to make way woke Hios from his daydreaming. He turned and look at Kioulp, a puzzled and slightly upset look on his mask. "We do not have to sacrifice the lives of these plants. They live, they grow, they prosper here. It should be a crime to kill them, even if they are quickly regenerated after being hacked through."Hios proceeded to walk over to the edge of trees and foliage of the jungle, his staff tapping the ground as he did so. "Simply ask them to move for us." he said, prepared to use his powers to open the way up if he needed to to.

IC: While tending to the wounded, Kharish caught sight of the sign on the tree. Huh, escape Dreamland, yes please. She couldn't shake the feeling that everyone else on this island was a bit thick, too busy starting fight with each other to notice the danger. Well, let them tear each other apart, she was done here. She started walking to the Bay Passage to meet this Tempest

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC- Antrakha- Camp B to Camp A:The Toa of Sonics examined his axe. The design was elegant: dragons wrapping around the hilt, and breathing golden fire on the blades. His shield hung across his back. Takuya perched on his left shoulder, preening his metal feathers. The Eagle Drake hissed softly, shook himself once. Tumanas trailed a short distance behind, stopping every once in a while to sniff at scents in the air. Antrakha whistled slightly, and the Energy Hound caught up. Tumanas was slightly different from most of his kind, being slightly smaller, built more for running than anything. The spines on his back were shorter, thinner, and curved back. His tail was shorter as well.Takuya cirped once. No doubt he was hungry. Antrakha held his arm out. "Go," he murmured. "Hunt. You'll be able to find us easily."The reptavian squawked once, and took off into the air. In moments, he was gone. Tumanas watched the Eagle Drake disappear. His master patted him on the head, and they continued onward. Various Rahi called out in the underbrush. None were Rahks, though. Mata Nui be praised, thought Antrakha.

IC: Mala and Krokk, Camp AMala flashed her vision power towards one of the trailer's walls, peering through it and out into the camp. She saw the precession pof trailers and crates moving off into the jungle, and the forefeiters huddled together in their camp."They're on the move." she replied. "Most of the fourth boat is carrying supplies further into the jungle, maybe trying to get to that other camp. They've left this trailer behind, though. That broken wheel must be worse than it looked"."Maybe its time we were on the move as well." Krokk put in.

ppg2.png

IC: Krokk and Mala, Camp AThis time, The two Skakdi chose to exit via the door. They too grabbed a few items that looked as if they might be useful, though not for ship-building. The supplies they chose were of the sort that might aid in survival on Dreamland, such as a small tent and a few tools. They stowed these in the tarpaulin Krokk had taken, which he tied up using a few vines into a makeshift backpack."Where to now?" he asked. "Do we follow the group or head back towards the bay?"OOC: If they were going to see Emissary's notice, now would be the time.

ppg2.png

IC: Mala and Krokk, Path from Camp A to Only Bay PassageHefting their stolen supplies, the two Skakdi began to make their way down into the thick forest. It was still raining as hard as ever, but they found it slightly easier going downhill for the return trip - at least when they slipped in the mud they got closer to their destination.

ppg2.png

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay Passage - Setting up campAfter a long day, everyone enjoys the comforts of home, right?That principle was not what Tempest was trying to emulate. In fact, that was the opposite of his idea. His idea for a camp was one of austere sparseness. But done spartanly.With that in mind, his 'camp' was little more than a few piles of crates, and some battered logs, formed into a couple of benches and a small desk.Rayhoun looked around trying to spot anyone who was coming. He was rewarded--With more rain. Don't worry, he thought to himself, They'll come. They always come.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:Illume:He grew bored of waiting for the others to go hunting. Not only that but he no longer could understand why he wanted to go hunting in the first place. So he stood up from the crate he was standing on and made sure he had everything that was his with him and then he left the camp and walked down a path.Noir:He suddenly became bored of waiting for whatever he was waiting for and just sprinted into the jungle without any real reason. He swiftly climbed up some trees and made his way deeper into the forest. It was fair to say he enjoyed the jungle. For him, it felt like home even though it wasn't.Kane:He continued to follow the Rahkshi leader down the path. Apparently no one noticed that he screamed at the forest. Or maybe he had not at all. He never could tell if he did or didn't do things. Stuff like that somehow escaped him.

GM IC:Kioulp stared at Hgn’Svt with an open mouth as he spoke. This Plant Toa was weird. “They are just plants. There’s nothing wrong with ‘killing’ them, as you say. And attacking us, what do you mean? It’s just bad luck I say.”Hios’ comment made Kioulp roll his eyes as the other plant controller walked over to the nearby jungle, “They aren’t alive,” he repeated, “And they will not be asked. Our own plant controller has confirmed this. Some strange force seemed to be resisting him.”Once Ena would finally arrive at the center of the calm, she would see a small clearing completely devoid of plants or trees. The hard dirt underneath would crack under her weight, and it would seem as if the twilight of the forest was reduced to darkness. But one thing would shine and burn its image in her eyes.A paper thin slab of some unknown metal was in the middle of the clearing, the canopy crowding down on it but not touching it. It glowed with some strange light and seemed to be pushed up from the ground. It would be completely blank, and yet she would feel the meaning. Something horrible had happened that needed to be remembered. And that there was a way to reveal an inscription on the shrine, it just needed to be found.The Forfeiters frowned down on the fourth boat members still in their clearing, few though they were. One called out, menacingly, “Get a move on. Our hospitality won’t last forever!”The Hunters had spread out, moving as silently as their gear allowed. They had fanned out on either sides of the river, and were now capturing several small species of Rahi that were already recognized in the major universe. The hunt went on. And supposedly the cries of the second Rhak went unheeded.The first Rhak raced through the forest, quickly approaching Thalidon and the second Rhak. His speed unhindered, the Rhak jumping into the canopy went along, searching.Finally, he found them. The annoying hunter and the… The hunter was bound, dead. The impulsive one had gone against his command! The Rhak roared as he descended on his sister. In a flurry of claws and fangs, the first Rhak attacked the second. And the message was clear. WHAT. HAD. IT. DONE?!The attacks were forceful, since the first Rhak knew it would do no real harm to his sister. Still, it was the thought that counted.Thalidon’s dreams were not actually. Nightmare would be a more accurate term. There was just darkness, and pain, indescribable pain. For a long time this continued, and then it ceased, and there was only him, alone in a realm of shadows. Then the eyes opened, staring at him, studying him. A deep chuckle seemed to come from everywhere and would have sent chills down the more squeamish.“Tell me,” a dark voice said, “Can you see when you dream? Or are you still bound by reality?” The voice laughed aloud and continued, “Come, release me. I have unfinished work. And you wouldn’t want to disappoint me. In fact…” The voice seemed to fade away in the end, as if some connection had been lost or power over used. Thalidon’s dreams would remain nightmares, though, until he awoke.Shadouk / Camp A / IC:Shadouk sprang upon Sirel and was met with a quick jab to his jaw. Reeling back, the Toa simply lifted his arm and used the shadows the bind his foe. The rain above him suddenly turned to small razors of ice, but Shadouk quickly rolled over to the leader of the Forfeiters and held his sword to her throat. The attacks finally stopped and Shadouk dragged her away, with the few Forfeiters who noticed the attack looking the other way as they saw the shadows being manipulated. Innate fears were a strong thing, and it wasn’t natural to control the shadows or the light.“Let us talk,” Shadouk hissed in Sirel’s ear, “And see if we can’t come to an agreement.”Janx / Camp C / IC:Janx scrutinized Laorus’ question. He looked at where his Hunter’s had gone off into the forest, nodded towards it, and said, “Follow the crowd. Good luck.” With that, the Rahkshi hopped into flight mode and followed his followers into the dark of the jungle, heading up the river.Garett / Path to Camp B / IC:They were making good time, and Garett had ignored the calm feeling that had tugged at him. They would be back at Camp B very soon. And he was happy to see that most of the fourth boat members were following him.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Manuka, Path near Camp BManuka stumbled as he tripped on yet another root. This island was almost harder to climb than the Mountain back home on Xia. There, the rocks shifted to entrap you, here it was plants. At least they haven't tried to eat me yet he thought wryly. Stubbornly, he pulled his foot out and continued the trek towards Camp B.

ppg2.png

IC: Kahlynn suddenly became the true Rahi hunter he once was on other lands as the crowd of hunters left the forest, spreading around the river.Soon, he had finished setting his trap, or, in this case, traps. A set of jaw like devices he had buried on the edge of the forest, which, when stepped on, would snap shut on the Rahi (or, if he got lucky, Rhak)'s leg. The creatures foot would be held in place, therefore keeping the trap shut.He left the traps where they were, and continued down the river. He would see if he had caught anything on the way back.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

IC: Tillian (Path to Camp B )Tillian jumped clearly over a root in the ground and curled into a ball of sorts, avoiding a low-lying tree branch that tried to knock him down.This place is cray...OOC: Open for interaction.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Path from A to Only Bay PassageTyrana found it a little easier walking back to the bay, too, as there were not as much plants blocking her way like off-path. Though, she did have trouble moving while carrying the weight of supplies in her hands and arms, especially as they sometimes blocked her vision. Normally the shark-like officer would have had lesser beings do this work, but times had changed for her now.Signing, Tyrana continued stepping down the narrow road behing the Skakdi, trying to keep her footing while balancing the equipment she held. IC: Camp BHios ignored the Toa's first few comments, trying to comprehend why he thought this."Odd," he said. "They answered to my call to move back on the path here."Curious, the Toa of the Green slowly placed his free hand on the trunk of a tree, pressing his palm against the rough bark, and summoned his powers to control plants.Will you move for me? Hios thought, not expecting a reply from the tree at all.

IC: Mala and Krokk, Only Bay Passage.After a few hours tramping through the dense foliage, Krokk and Mala arrived at the coast with their armour sporting a new collection of scratches from branches and thorns. They were not alone, however. Sitting among the abandoned crates was a dark armoured toa. On reflex, Mala reached out to read the being's thoughts, but recieved only a cryptic message - "They'll come". Whoever "they" were, Mala didn't have time to find out before they were joined by Tyrana."There's someone over there." she said. "And they might not be friendly".

ppg2.png

Garett / Camp B / IC:Garett had to teleport the last few feet along the path because he had gotten so muddy and slippery that he was having a hard time making it up the small incline the led to Camp B. Grumbling about the Forfeiters, he paused to clean himself off a little bit and then strode into camp with his hands raised.“Friends and colleagues!” the Rahkshi called out to everyone, even those he knew were new to the Researchers and had not been there when he had last been here, “South! We head south now! Pack your instruments, we go to find a Matoran village!”GM IC:The Steltain that Ornas had detained squinted at the being and shrugged when he didn’t say anything. Rumbling off, the Steltain tried to catch up with the others.The rest of the Hunters had stopped in their tracks and dispersed outwards. The river was getting stronger, and they had to be close to its head, but the forest seemed thickest around them where they were, not farther on. And that was very odd, hence, now the real hunt began. Where the forest was strangest, the Rhaks were sure to be.For Hios, the tree just sat there, unresponsive. Although if he went to move, he would find that roots had trapped his feet in place. They definitely had not answered his call, at least if they did, it was for the most basic of reasons.

IC: Manuka, Camp B.All of Manuka's weariness from the long walk to the camp evapourated with the prospect of finding a village. It would have been nice to get some rest and food at the camp and clean up, but he supposed there wasn't much point; he would only get dirty again the moment they left. Right now, his top half was mostly mud-free, thanks to the river the group had needed to cross to reach the camp, while his tall stature had kept new grime from splattering much higher than his legs.As far as instruments went, he went to one of the trailers to look for equipment he could take. He had packed a few devices into crates before coming to Dreamland, he only hoped that they had ended up with the Researchers and that nothing was broken.OOC: Manuka open for interaction.

Edited by Mt Ihu

ppg2.png

IC- Antrakha- Camp B to Camp A:There was a shriek, a blur of ebony and silver, and Takuya landed on the path. In one talon, he clutched a small fish. In the other, a small rodent; he clutched a larger fish in his beak-like mouth. The Eagle Drake offered the larger fish to Tumanas, who snatched it up and wolfed it down. Takuya flapped several times, landed on Antrakha's shoulder, and swallowed the rodent he held. Antrakha scratched Takuya under the chin, and the Eagle Drake purred softly, like a cat.

IC: Only Bay PassageTyrana came to a halt after hearing this. She grinned, but the expression was hidden behind her equipment. If there was someone here who posed a threat to the group, they would surely regret that descision. Lowering her things, the former officer gripped the hilt of her sword. "Let's see what the possible troublemaker wants." she whispered harshly, eyes glaring at the Toa on the crate. IC: Camp BAlthough shocked over the nature of these trees, Hios found himself trapped in place by the tree's roots right away. He did not panic, though, for he knew doing so would only make this worse. Evidently from his attempt at using his powers, the Toa of Plant Life thought it would be rather pointless to use them here. And he most certainly did not want to cut the plant matter he so dearly cared about.Hios was, and quite literally too, stuck. So he waved a hand for another at the camp to help free him.

IC: Mala and Krokk, Only Bay Passage.Mala noted Tyrana's expression, and grinned in response. If there were two things Skakdi were good at, they were grinning and violence, and she was a master of both."I assume you want to see what he wants after we make sure there's no threat?" she clarified. "Shoot first and all that?" With the shark-like being's hand already on her sword, Mala could easily guess the answer, but asking first added to the anticipation.

ppg2.png

IC: Only Bay Passage"Of course," Tyrana replied, whispering still so as to be only heard by Mala and Krokk. "Always apprehend a suspect before any questions."Her eyes were fixed on Rayhoun, seemingly watching every movement he made. One of her claws twitched, awaiting to whip out the blade it was holding onto if nescessary. She pushed the instruments aside with her foot and moved forward just a little. Once he was properly taken dealt with, they could question him.

IC: Krokk and Mala, Only Bay Passage.Krokk slowly moved forwards towards the place where the jungle met the beach, careful not to attract the attention of the toa on the shore. He saw that the being had dark armour, so he couldn't identify the element. Earth? Sonics? Magnetism? He sure hoped it wasn't Iron - he had fought beings with iron powers before, and he hadn't come out smiling.He found a large tree near the edge and slid in behind it. It would give him good cover, but he was now close enough to have a good view of his target and to make his move. Mala hung back a little, concealed by the bulk of trees. Krokk was literally in his element here, so she would let him do his thing.From the rocks around the toa's feet, thick, thorny vines sprang up to entangle his legs, while others darted towards his wrists. The being would now realise that they were being attacked, and Krokk knew his cover would be blown, but, with luck, he wouldn't need it.OOC: Emissary to the Void, Tempest has some visitors.

ppg2.png

IC: Kahlynn set up more of his foot-clamp traps around the edge of the forest. Satisfied with his efforts, he turned around to find that the other hunters had been setting up traps deeper into the forest. Kahlynn's heart began to beat faster. He would have to go back into the forest some time, otherwise he'd never catch any Rahi. After taking a deep breath, he ran in, and began scanning the shrubbery and warped, twisted trees and vines for Rhaks.

IC- Antrakha- Camp A:The Toa of Sonics stepped into the clearing of Camp Alpha, as he called it. Various species bustled about, but remained quiet. Several glanced at him, but seemed to dismiss his presence after a few moments. Antrakha glanced around, but otherwise remained quiet. Tumanas sat down next to his master, looking for all the world like a canine gargoyle.

Garett / Camp B / IC:Garett searched around the camp, helping where he could. Grabbing Hios’ wrist, he teleported them a few feet away. Swiveling his head around, he asked to anyone in ear shot, “Has anyone seen Ena?”Janx / Up the River Near Camp C / IC:Janx stopped in his tracks, listening. Several other Hunters did the same around him as well. A few were silenced who kept moving. Something was wrong… different. The tree branches were getting lower again and crowding in as they went along. The river roared as it raced along, splashing on its banks off in the distance.The Rahkshi kept moving along, ignoring how the bushes at his feet seemed to cling to him. He came to a small shallow dip in the land. In the center of this small dent in the landscape was a tall rock covered in vines that seemed to be part of it.The rock was oddly shaped, and was resting at an angle that should have toppled it. A strange sense of weakness was coming from the rock as it sat there, held up by the vines that embraced it. Janx walked up to it with a strange sense of realization. They were closer to a Rhak then they have ever been.The Steltian that Ornas had detained finally caught up with them. When he saw the rock, he said, “Hey. That looks like a curled up Rahi.Janx looked up at the Steltian in shock. The being was right. Looking back at the rock, he saw how if the vines were taken away and a few pieces of rock were broken off, it would look very much like a curled up Rahi.The Rahkshi touched the rock, tracing what he thought to be a leg. Yes, in fact, the head would be right there. Using the vines on it as footholds, Janx climbed up it and peered at what he thought was the head. The eyes would be right there…The eyes opened, orange and piercing. Janx was speechless. Then the roar came, and things went to Karzanhi.GM IC:Pluunar left Jynhi in the care of the other camp members and went searching for his leader. As the rain pounded on his head, he thought he heard something. He frowned and looked around. Was it coming from a trailer?Sticking his head against the nearest trailer, he heard what sounded to him like whispers from someone he did not know and his leader, Sirel.“What do you ... accomplish ...?”“Take everything ... and kill ... I must.”“... the island talking. Tell me, .... of this island?”“The Rhaks. ... guarding ... I don’t ... the Matoran.”“Excellent. Would you ... me in a ... that ... future gain?”“Uh…”“Would you ... lot of money ...?”“YES.”“Then ... , we have ... to do.”Pluunar backed away from the trailer, afraid of what he had just heard. What was going on? Why was he on this island?

IC: "WOAH!"Kahlynn jumped at the roar, spinning around to see that the leader of the hunt, a Rahkshi, had awoken what appeared to be a rock. It wasn't long before the Skakdi realised that it was what they had been searching for: a Rhak. Kahlynn was excited, cautious and afraid all at the same time. He hoped to draw the beast out of the jungle so he could fight it without the trees (literally) cramping his style."Hey! Rhak! Over here!" he called, trying to make himself look as edible as possible, attempting to draw the creature towards him, which, as he would later discover, was a foolish move.

GM IC: The “rock” began to crumble as several sections of it broke off and the Rhak’s skin was revealed. It slowly began to unravel from its curled position. Shaking its head, it dislodged the Rahkshi and the rest of the pebbles that had been sticking to its skin. Letting out another roar, it got to its feet, issuing a challenge to the one who had awakened it. The beast glared in Kahlynn’s direction, but it was the Rahkshi who had awakened him. What were they doing here? Things were not going well. Although it was probably still in the first stage, they probably weren’t to be harmed. A shame, really, but good enough for him. Glancing at Janx, the third Rhak raced for Kahlynn.

Edited by Kal the Guardian

OOC: Sorry for the delay guys. Been far too busy with work lately.IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay Passage - Being AttackedRayhoun almost smiled when he noticed the vines wrapping around him. Hm, plant binds. How cute.Activating his Kualsi, Tempest teleported a few feet forward, rendering the plants useless.'If you're here to apply, you're doing an absolutely stellar job so far,' he commented snidely.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Krokk and Mala, Only Bay PassageKrokk growled in frustration as the toa winked out of existance just as the plants closed around its limbs. Teleportation powers would make this much more difficult. Not one to give up, he swiftly created a pair of Madu Cabolo fruits and lobbed them towards the being. He hoped that the island's teleportation scrambler would prevent the toa from getting out of range, but that would depend on the restrictions and his aim.

ppg2.png

IC: Kharish had strolled down to the bay passage in order to meet this "Tempest" and see about getting off the island. But there was a fight going on down here as well. Seriously, what the Karz was going on on this island? Was there something in the water making everyone aggressive morons?"Hey! Hey stop that!" she called out. She had no idea what she'd do if they didn't stop, but it might work

7AOYGDJ.jpg