Kal the Guardian

IC: Vertak, Camp B:Vertak glanced up in surprise from where he'd been meditating near the fringe of Camp B at what Garrett had said. Ripping off a vine that had managed to loop itself around his arm, he got up and began to prepare. This would be interesting indeed.-ibrow

IC: Artorre: Near Only Bay Passage:Artorre was kneeling on the ground, studying an extremely rare species of vine, when he heard someone shouting something. He stood, spun and sprinted in the direction of the noise. If this was a fight, it would be the most interesting thing to happen in weeks. He emerged from the trees behind two skakdi and some odd thing reminiscent of a shark, who were attacking a single person. Someone obviously unaware of how people on this island work was attempting to stop them from fighting.Artorre, figuring he would even the odds, started to creep up behind the three, when he noticed one throw two madu cabolo. He unsheathed his sword, and swept a beam of white-hot fire at both, causing them to explode way before reaching their destination.His cover was definitely blown. Artorre put his sword back and pulled out two throwing knives. He threw one at each skakdi. One was headed for an arm and the second for the other skakdi's hip. However, unless dodged, they would do plenty of damage. He then pulled his sword back out, which burst into flames, and started sprinting toward the shark-thing.

OOC: Ooh, now that makes things more interesting!IC: Krokk and Mala, Only Bay PassageWith his attack incinerated, Krokk turned towards the newcomer. Toa of fire, definintely. Even if it weren't for the huge sheet of flame and the wash of heat, he could tell by the armour colours and the rash charge into a fight without knowing anything of what was going on. He found it much easier to fight once he knew his opponent's powers. Knowledge was key, especially to a Skakdi like him.He decided to let the grey toa be for a moment and deal with the fire toa. Against teleportation powers, he knew Mala could do a better job than him. The red being was charging towards him, sword raised and flinging daggers. He sidestepped the knife thrown at him and responded with his vision power, sending twin bolts of lightning from his eyes.Mala saw what Krokk was doing, and responded to his change of tactics. The toa of fire's dagger passed right through her torso and stuck into a tree as she turned intangible to avoid the weapon. Still using the forest as cover, she reached out towards the dark coloured toa's mind with hers, and began to cast an illusion over it, showing one of the dreaded Rhaks emerging from the trees towards it.

ppg2.png

OOC: So you control the shark-thing? I thought you controlled both the skakdi. Also, the dark-colored toa is Tempest?IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:Artorre, getting ever closer, rolled forward and to the side, dodging the lightning bolts. This fight was going better than expected already. He reached out at the Rhak with his Komau, attempting to control it, but found nothing there."The Rhak is an illusion!" Artorre yelled. He continued running toward the shark-thing, sword raised.OOC: My character has very fast reflexes, and his Komau is shaped like a Calix, so not only will you think that's his actual mask power, you'll also have no idea how I knew the Rhak was fake.Well, probably.

OOC: So you control the shark-thing? I thought you controlled both the skakdi. Also, the dark-colored toa is Tempest?

OOC: That would actually be me.IC: Only Bay PassageTyrana had prepared herself for battle ever since Krokk attempted to bind Tempest in vines. The talking Rahkshi and Toa of Fire were unexpected, but she quickly took action. As Artorre ran for her, she swiftly stepped aside with speed quick enough to match his. Turning back to the red and black-armored Toa and Kharish, she hissed, "Stay out of this! We are containing a possible threat."Something was strange about her appearance; Krokk might notice that she was shorter than before... IC: Camp BHios placed a hand on Garett's shoulder. "I know not who or where this 'Ena' is, but I thank you for assistance,''Looking over at Kioulp, he said, "Do what is nescessary to the plants, then. I will not be standing in the way of progress."The Toa of Plant Life turned away from the trailer, thinking hard about what had just happened. Normally, he would not stand for the deaths of the plants, but he had tried to help them, and they had not listened. Instead, they had attacked. What could he do? Trying to help those who did not want it was rather useless.These plants are not normal. Is it possible there might be something controlling them more powerful than Toa? Perhaps I might make it my mission to discover this, alongside the task of rescuing Matoran.

OOC: Alright then. It was just that I said I was sprinting towards the shark-thing, then he posted as Krokk that I was sprinting toward him.IC: Artorre: Fighting at Only Bay Passage:Artorre was stunned at the shark-things speed. He planted his right foot and after converting his forward momentum into a roundhouse kick, leaped into the air, so that his foot would hit Shark-things face or neck.

IC - Laorus/Doro - Jungle: Having followed Janx (and summoning Doro to ride on before doing so,) Laorus watched as the fight against the creature began to unfold.So this is one of the infamous Rhaks and I've been hearing about, she thought, leaning forward on Doro's back and narrowing her eyes. If she had a moveable mouth, a coy smile would have been present on it. Perfect.Drawing her halberd, she urged Doro onward. The great boar lumbered forward, snorting as he moved, eyes set on the creature as he prepared to charge. Only the absense of a direct order from his master was keeping him in place, at least for the moment...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

GM IC:The Rhak hadn’t planned on running into Kahlynn, and as such, it was already coming to a stop when it approached the being. As Kahlynn jumped to the side, the Rhak’s tail slashed out, aiming to knock Skakdi out of the air, and the Rhak’s front legs grabbed the sword aimed for it and turned it away, trying to dislodge it from Kahlynn’s grip.Meanwhile the Hunters were recovering from the sudden shock of the new Rhak and were bringing to bare their weapons, training them on the Rhak. Once Kahlynn got clear, a lot of attacks would be coming the Rhak’s way.Shadouk / Camp A / IC:Shadouk strode out of the trailer, glaring at anyone who looked at him. He noticed a Matoran out of the corner of his eye that he hadn’t seen before, but he paid Pluunar no mind as he exited the camp and made for the path. Time to get down to business.Garett / Camp B / IC:Garett thanked Hios for the information and looked to Kioulp. The Toa a Magnetism gave the Rahkshi a thumbs up. Garett smirked shallowly and nodded. Turning to the others, he said, “And so let us begin. Follow the trailer if you must, or travel ahead on the uncleared path.”Waving a signal of approval to Kioulp, the Toa climbed into the trailer and powered up the saws. Then the trailer lurched forward and began to cut through the foliage as it went up the path. A path that was hard to see amongst all the green about.Garett stayed behind, waiting for everyone else who was coming to go first so he could keep a protective eye on them all.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Only Bay PassageTyrana seemed to be using her new, smaller form to her advantage; she collasped to the ground as the jump-kick sliced the air above her. Then she proceded to roll across the rough terrain, quickly moving into a kneeling position after that. Growling at Artorre's continued assaults, she stayed where she was, awaiting his next move. "Give me your best shot, Toa!" Tyrana ordered, ready to pounce or counter his attack.IC: Camp BHios winced at the sound of the saws hacking at the plants. He stood with his back at the trailer as it chopped its way into the forest, not wanting to see any of it.Although given the option to travel on a different path, the Toa stayed where he was. The idea of studying plants along the way away from that ''murderous machine'' appealed to him greatly, but Hios knew very well to stick with the others in the camp for safety. If the plants here did answer to his power, he would have gone on alone without a second thought, not needing to worry about any danger when surround by his element.

IC: Artorre: Fighting at Only Bay Passage:Intending to make Shark-thing eat her words, Artorre lashed out with a mental blast from his Komau. He then swiped at her with his flaming sword.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:"I simply thought the fight would be more fair two-against-three than it would be one-against three." Using his Komau, Artorre made Tempest let go of his arm. Artorre sheathed his sword, but kept a hand near it. "I suppose I am willing to settle our differences peacefully, though," He said. "Although honestly I don't know their reasons for attacking you." At this point he was slightly embarrassed to have rushed in unknowing of the goals of each side.

IC: Only Bay PassageInterestingly, Tyrana did not reel at the mental blast. Instead, she only reacted to his sword attack, leaping back as Artorre moved in, and Rayhoun's action helped. Mental shielding, possibly? Whether she did or not, it was another clue to her tactics, though only if Artorre could figure that out...Coming to a halt, she sneered at him and Tempest. "That depends, Toa. How do you intend to act?"Maybe, if Tyrana got him talking, they could figure out what his intentions were without exhausting themselves what might turn out in a long battle.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay Passage - Monologging Rayhoun grimaced. It seemed that most of the people here had not read his advertisement.'Well, seeing as most of you haven't read my ad, I'll be brief,' he said, before running back to his camp, leaping onto the table, 'I am Tempest. I represent a powerful organization known as the Eye. I was sent here to... terminate a possible disrupting factor, as well as completing said factor's work here.'Rayhoun drew his sword for dramatic effect, holding it high into the sky, 'However, as I look over this island, I can see that his work will be... easier than I anticipated. Allow me to explain: This mercenary was sent here to disrupt and ultimately destroy the Dreamland operation. We thought it would be a horribly difficult process. But i see now, that most here would prefer to be elsewhere.''But with the teleportation scramblers in effect, escape will be much more arduous. That will be the starter: Dismantling those blasted machines.'He stepped back down onto the ground, 'Now then, any questions?'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Vertak, Camp B:Vertak walked over to where Garrett was standing, glanced at the leader of Camp B for a moment, shrugged, and then began to follow the machine.I still want to see that third camp... but I think it will be worth it to see this village first.The Matoran didn't trust anyone in Camp B, not completely; indeed, the only one he'd met so far he would have begun to consider an ally was Shadouk, back at Camp A. But then Shadouk had decided to stay at Camp A. This Dark Hunter felt at home at neither camp he'd visited so far, and was considering leaving the island as soon as possible and simply telling the Shadowed One that use of it was impossible.-ibrow

IC:Illume:He watched from afar as the hunters faught a wild beast. He did not know what it was called and he could not image why they would attack it. He wished to defend the beast. But he knew he lacked the power to do such a thing.Noir:Following the research team from the trees he heard they were going to search for a Matoran village. He frowned as they chopped their way through the forest. He wanted to scream at them. He wished they would stop it. But knew they would not. He would follow them to the village against his better judgement. Touching the tree branch he sat on he could almost tell this forest was more than just alive.Kane:He followed Garett the Rahkshi to camp B and he followed him around the camp. And now he followed him into the forest in search of a village. Oh boy was he excited to see a village. These camps were so very crowded and boring for him. And for all he knew he had not seen a village in years.He whistled while he walked into the forest and of course being a Toa of Sonics he broke out into song and then using his elemental powers started playing the background music. His singing voice was astonishing. As his normal voice was frightening and creepy but his singing voice was strangely beautiful. He sang an old sea chant from the Southern Islands that sailors would sing once they had a few to many drinks of an alcoholic variety.

Alan/Camp CIC:

Alan muttered something that might have been a curse as he walked into a seemingly empty camp. Where in Mata-Nui's name had they gone? Wait... noise. From the forest. Over there. A fight. Further sensory showed another Rhak and a lot of other beings. Well, they certainly were action-oriented. He jogged forward, aiming to help them.

Hgn'Svt/Camp BIC:

"No! Nonononono! Just... STOP!" yelled Hgn'Svt, seeing the plants getting shredded. And they reacted, seemingly, for a moment. In fact, the entire path became clear of anything; the trees completely disappeared. After that split second, they returned to get torn apart by the cold machine. The toa was in tears on the ground, sobbing for the plants.

GMSecond Rhak/Fighting the First RhakIC:

The second slammed its brother into the ground, the numerous gouges in its chest disappearing as quickly as they had been created. He didn't understand. The being had been blaspheming her forest. She screamed as much in their language.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

GM IC:Kioulp grimaced as the trailer shuddered under him as it tried to tear through the ferns and bushes that had grown upon the path. A path that the Toa was having a hard time seeing, let alone following. He could almost feel the saws beginning to dull before his eyes.The wipers were going as fast as they could, and yet still water poured down the windshield in streams. The tires, while studded, were having a hard time gripping the mud. Still, progress was being attained.Kahlynn would find that with the Rhak’s touch, his strength began to wane until he would not be able to move by himself. But it appeared to be happening slowly. The Skakdi’s heat vision missed nonetheless as the Rhak jumped straight up and the canopy grabbed him.A second later the Rhak crashed to the ground atop several Hunters. As it jumped away towards more victims, those left behind found that they had lost all strength to move.The first Rhak paused in its attack. His sister was speaking in their language. Out loud. He looked her in the eye and answered in their language, “It’s OUR forest. Now follow the plan!” Looking back at Thalidon, he said mentally, ‘He better not be dead.It was confirmed. The Rhak’s were more intelligent than first thought. They had their own language and could talk mentally. Something big was going to happen and had happened on this island.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Levacius / Camp BThe caravan, if you call it that, of those from Camp B were now fully stopped and unpacking. With that, Levacius approached Garrett and asked a simple question -"What in Mata-Nui's name is going on here?"IC: Thalidon / JungleThalidon tossed and turned through the nightmare. What was this? What was this voice?He tried to scream - his natural defense - nothing worked in a nightmare. It just kept going on.He was starting to wake up now - starting. Could he? Would he?His whole body shook.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:"I suppose I'm ready."OOC: Magnus Greel, care to enlighten us on your sudden loss of height and mental defenses? I can't find anything indicating the possibility of those things in your profile or on the BS01 pages for the Komau and Faxon, and don't have the time to skim through the past 12 pages of the RPG.

IC: Only Bay PassageThe small, shark-like being disappeared into thin air to anyone watching her. Immediately after, Tyrana could be seen standing several Bio away, taller and of normal height. She had, ever since the battle began, used her mask to imitate the power of a Gate Guardian, and used its ability to project a smaller image of herself to trick her enemies. While Artorre fought the synthetic being, the real, invisible Tyrana stood to the side and reacted to all of his attacks so to make it appear that was the real her. When her Toa of Fire opponent had focused a mental blast on the image, nothing happened, for it was a mindless projection. Her mistake was not reacting to that, since she didn't know the true power of Artorre's mask, and so unintentionally hinted at her ploy. She was just waiting for the right time to strike him herself while invisible, but Tempest's intervention of their duel ended that plan. Now she sheathed her blade and placed a hand on her hips, with the other hand gripped on the hilt of her sword in case of another attack. She thought about this Toa's plan, and found it appealing. Though something nagged her."I have something to ask," Tyrana hissed. "Once all of this is over, how do you propose to get us off the island?"

IC: Kahlynn found his strength was slowly leaving him. What was happening? He looked around to see that the others were in similiar conditions, and due to Kahlynn's now-impaired vision, the Rhak was too quick for him to follow.He fell to his knees as his legs gave way. Forcing himself to push on, he took out his launcher, which already had several rounds loaded from earlier, and fired two in the Rhak's rough direction, in the vain hope that he would hit something.

Edited by Wotsiznaim

Alan/Camp CIC:

Alan charged forward, his telekinetic shields around his feet helping him run without slipping. He could feel them more clearly now. He could hear them. He even saw a few flashes. And they needed help, it seemed.

GMSecond Rhak/Speaking with the First RhakIC:

She hissed as she mentally replied, "I nurtured it to life. It's mine. I share it with you all. But I'll refrain from killing, if I must. He is poisoned, and asleep. He could die soon. Was going to, if you didn't interrupt."

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

GM IC:Once Ena would finally arrive at the center of the calm, she would see a small clearing completely devoid of plants or trees. The hard dirt underneath would crack under her weight, and it would seem as if the twilight of the forest was reduced to darkness. But one thing would shine and burn its image in her eyes.A paper thin slab of some unknown metal was in the middle of the clearing, the canopy crowding down on it but not touching it. It glowed with some strange light and seemed to be pushed up from the ground. It would be completely blank, and yet she would feel the meaning. Something horrible had happened that needed to be remembered. And that there was a way to reveal an inscription on the shrine, it just needed to be found.

IC (forests between Camp B and Camp A):Ena emerged from the third river, her legs dripping and her eyes glazed over. They glowed with a flame kindled from the unknown, from the promise of discovery that had lulled her this far with honey-sweetened words. Through the undergrowth, she slipped, mindlessly pushing branches out of her way.And then she stepped into the clearing.She blinked. Consciousness returned, but it was an alien feeling, especially when she wanted to be led on...Yes, the beyond-thing permeated this clearing. But this time, it wasn't content to do the work for her. Ena hated it for that.It had, however, led her here.A thin slice of metal stuck out from the ground, as if it were jammed up through the ground from below. The dried dirt about the metal pushed against it, yet the thing seemed apart, untouched. It was, in a word, special.Ena moved forward, one halting, uncertain, hypnotized step at a time. The metal beckoned...Her hand reached out. She brushed the metal, eyes wide in anticipation.

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay Passage Rayhoun glanced at Artorre for a moment, 'For those who can, teleportation shall be an option.'He gestured around, at the surrounding forests, 'But for the others, well, I'm sure we can build enough boats with these trees, do you not?'Turning around, Tempest walked back to the desk, 'For those who are interested in joining, interviews shall be starting immediately.'IC: Su'un - Forests between Camps A and BSu'un ran blindly through the thick foliage, barely able to see three feet in front of him. His lungs burnt, and his muscles screamed, but he had sworn to find Ena, and he sure as Karz was going to find her.'Ena!' he shouted out, 'Where are you?!'Suddenly, without warning, his foot slipped on an upturned log, sending him tumbling down to the ground, slamming through branches and leaves.Spitting out mud, the Trytan slowly got to his feet, wiping the grim from his armour.'Well, that was lovely,' he groaned, before looking up.He saw, in the distance, a slight movement, in what seemed to be a clearing. A Rahi, perhaps, or maybe another person. Maybe they had seen Ena.'Hey!' he shouted, 'Hey!'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Mala and Krokk, Only Bay Passage.Mala emerged from the forest to stand beside Krokk now that the fighting was at an end, but neither lowered their weapons. Both Skakdi listened to Tempest's description of The Eye with interest. In their current position, they needed allies, and if such an organisation had the power Tempest claimed..."If this Eye is so powerful" Mala asked Tempest, "How come I've never heard of them? I'm not interested until you can give me some proof you can back up your big talk."

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:"And you expect us to willingly get in boats again?"

- :burnmad:

edit: Also, my question remains unanswered. I thought you had to see a rahi or something to copy it's power?

I thought you had to see a rahi or something to copy it's power?

OOC: You merely have to know that Rahi exists and for it to share the same environment with you (which in the case of the Great Faxon is just land sea and maybe air). It doesn't have to be nearby at the timeIC: "Well how else are we supposed to get off the island?" Kharish asked sarcastically, "Or did you intend to swim all the way?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Oooh, that is clever!Don't you have to see the rahi or something, though?

OOC: Thank you. ^_^And TPtI has answered that second part.IC: Only Bay PassageThe talk of ship building and sailing away reminded Tyrana of something important: Kroghun. She whirled to the path that her and her Skakdi allies had come from, and her crimson eyes scanned the jungle around it. Where was the Matoran? He was vital to escape from here, seeing as he was the only one she knew who was experience with sea craft. Hopefully a Rahi didn't get him, or a plant. Then I might never escape this accursed island. Deciding that he might have gotten lost or simply been looking for the right wood, Tyrana set about collecting her stolen equipment from the spot she placed them before the battle. Once all this explaining was over, she would search for Kroghun.

IC: Artorre: Only Bay Passage:"I just want to be as far away from the water as possible!" He was nearly yelling. He took a couple deep breaths. He continued, calmer. "And what's a fall matter? We're dead either way."OOC: One problem though, is that, according to BS01, the projected image is "about two or three times smaller" than the real thing, which I assume means about half or one third the size of. So you'd have been pretty small. Oh well, at this point I'm just nitpicking.Edit: WAITWAITWAITGlove is TPtI?

IC: Manuka, Camp B.Manuka quickly found the equipment trailer and ducked inside. Yes, it was all here! This place was a treasure trove for all sorts of gadgets that could be used for research, but he bypassed most of the equipment to find the crate he had packed onto a boat before coming to Dreamland. From his home on Xia, Manuka pulled out an x-ray magnifying glass for examining artifacts, a sterile container for taking samples and a notebook to record whatever he might find. He hadn't taken these on the fourth boat with him for fear they might get broken on a rough journey. Now, he placed them in their own compartments within his backpack and went to follow the procession out of the camp.

Edited by Mt Ihu

ppg2.png

IC: Rayhoun/Tempest - Only Bay PassageRayhoun grimaced, turning to Mala, casually bringing out a data-screen, and tossing to the being, 'There, that contains every scrap of information on the Eye that is available to me. Which is quite extensive. Look over it, then give it back to me.'He turned back to Artorre, 'Well, if you don't like water, you don't like flying, and you can't teleport, we've got a bit of a problem. So, unless you can determine another way to get off this island.'Tempest finally turned back to Kharish, 'Now then Rahkshi, if you could join me, I'd like to start the interviews sooner, rather than later.'-Void

[ BZPRPG ]