Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

That's what I love about MLP, the subtle hints and references that many won't get until they view it again. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Turns out the writer of Past Sins made a Portal/MlP crossover. I'm reading it right now. GLaDOS's reaction to ponies is amusing.Also, a massively multiplayer crossover that is going to be absolutely awesome. Doctor Whooves is helping Nyx out when she starts dreaming about the Slender Pony. Only three chapters are out so far, but it's already 20% cooler.

Now I need to read that fic. Especially since there was no dialogue on Chell's part in the games (or at least in Portal 2.)

The Spider-Man references were pretty funny too. I saw that ending coming as soon as

Twi fixed the dam, and Fluttershy flew by.

Also, SHE'S MAGIC

Same here, though I watched it online and one of the comments spoiled it for me. :P

That's what I love about MLP, the subtle hints and references that many won't get until they view it again. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

That's what I love about my life, the subtle hints and references that many won't get until they hear them again. :P
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Thank Celestia the Pinkie Sense returned. That kind of continuity nod fills me with glee.Unfortunately, made awkward ten seconds later by Pinkie's chocolate cake line...Pinkie audibly licking her lips and drooling is strange at the best of times.

That's going to spawn a whole new type of fanfiction, isn't it? :mellow:

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Thank Celestia the Pinkie Sense returned. That kind of continuity nod fills me with glee.Unfortunately, made awkward ten seconds later by Pinkie's chocolate cake line...Pinkie audibly licking her lips and drooling is strange at the best of times.

I try not to think of it. Nor of the online videos that will likely exploit it. '_'

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I try not to think of it. Nor of the online videos that will likely exploit it. '_'

And now we know what happened to Luna.

Piracy is the act of selling the item in question in my opinion. It might be rule-bending, but I say that it's fine.

Hey guys!Guys!Nyandash is canon now!~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

I didn't even realize there was a Nyandash. That is absolutely epic. The fan influence is one of the reasons this show is 20% cooler than just about anything else on TV.
Without doing everything the fans want. Which is awesome.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

T Shirts have been ordered. One is Luna's Cutie Mark and the other is 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.What's even awesomer is that niether of them say anything about MLP or Ponies, so I don't have to worry about people finding out.If people do find out, I'll be sure to defend myself.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

The site also had some Discord shirts. one with three Discords on it saying "Making sense is so boring" and another with just the words "Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain". Both shirts happily gotten by my brother.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Hasbro doesn't seem to mind - and I certainly don't think just watching is so bad. Now, downloading them and then selling them is piracy, but simply viewing? ... nah, doesn't seem fair to call it piracy.

Anyone remember when The Legend Reborn came out? A lot of people watched it online, and GregF was quick to call them out on it, even though they weren't selling it.Then again, I guess you have to consider whether these actions are causing the distributors to lose money or not. In the case of MLP, most of the money comes from the toys, and Hasbro benefits from the extra distribution as it creates more fans. With TLR, Lego was relying on the DVD sales, which would be hindered because of piracy.So, the act is the same, but it has very different consequences depending on context. Also, if you look back, the tLR incident would of happened around the time that Greg found out Bionicle was ending, so that probably fueled his reaction somewhat.I guess it's just one of those things, like how most fanfiction is technically copyright violation, but not many authors object to it.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

That's a tough call, considering that there are several ways to rip video from streaming sites. I don't imagine that it is a problem in this case, given that MLP is actually gaining money the way things are right now. :unsure:If SOPA has a silver lining, at least it is making people consider whether what they're doing is illegal or not. <---sorry if this qualifies as "political." I'll edit if it does....

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Aww little Twilight is so cute. Also totally loved the new episode, though pretty much as soon as I saw Miss. Do Well I had a feeling it was twilight. Then when wings came I figured it was all ponies. I was right. But that's okay, it was still cool. Too bad Tank wasn't in it though.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Aww little Twilight is so cute. Also totally loved the new episode, though pretty much as soon as I saw Miss. Do Well I had a feeling it was twilight. Then when wings came I figured it was all ponies. I was right. But that's okay, it was still cool. Too bad Tank wasn't in it though.

xinlo-small.gif

I kinda thought it was all of them at first. And yes, Tank should of been in it, and I didn't see Derpy any :(. Also What does everypony think of my new banner?

Okay, this may be a bit controversial, but I have a question for you guys:If you watch the episodes on video sharing sites, are you committing an act of piracy?

No, it isn't piracy. Honestly, I don't think they would care anyways since they haven't even been selling the show at all, and only one DVD has been announced, but it hasn't been released yet. Unless Hasbro is making money off you subscribing to The Hub, but even then I don't think that's much. Plus, as said before, most bronies don't want to watch it on the main TV since everypony can see (and even if they don't care that you watch it, they may not want to have to see/hear it themselves.)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Any tips on making a PMV?

I have no experience with it, so the only things I can say, is have fun andDo your best tooodaaaay!Do your best tooodaaaay!</Winter Wrap Up>

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I assume it wouldn't be illegal. With movies, yes, because they rely on sales and theater showings. With MLP (mostly a toy line), online episodes should be helping more than anything. When you watch it on TV, that isn't really helping the makers of the show, it's helping the station because they get advertising.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I loved the new episode. Spotted Nyandash instantly. Lots of references to past episodes and fandom, but I still think that may be one of the best introductory episodes for new fans. Rarity may be my favorite character, but she's a bit too feminine for most folks so I think Rainbow Dash might be a better intro pony.

Of course, I guessed Applejack was behind it when she stopped the runaway bus with Kicks and Bucky. I didn't catch Pinkie Sense, but it made a welcome return. Then of course at the dam it was obvious that Fluttershy and Twilight were involved as well...

Edited by Bundalings

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

So new name, at the suggestion of Sonu. Anyone man/woman enough to help start a fad?

:Pshhhh what typo?

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by My Little Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Of course, I guessed Applejack was behind it when she stopped the runaway bus with Kicks and Bucky. I didn't catch Pinkie Sense, but it made a welcome return. Then of course at the dam it was obvious that Fluttershy and Twilight were involved as well...

I watched the first few minutes with a friend, and when MDW showed up I was like "hi Twilight" (she was like "shush") (then I left because I had to go). But then at the cart part I thought yeah AJ was involved. But then I figured they were taking turns because it didn't seem like AJ would do that all on her own.But it's not like they were trying to be super-mysterious about it. They may nod to older fans at times but it's still a kids' show. Still going to be somewhat predictable.

OpAXNpl.jpg