Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

The reason I had waited so long to watch this show is because I'm a completionist when it comes to shows I like; If I'm going to watch one episode, then I must watch them all. I knew each episode could be found on YouTube, but rumors of take-downs made me worried a few episodes would been missing and I would have no way of seeing them. While this has turned out to be partially true, it seems the show is popular enough that there's always a different user uploading the entire series every month or two.

I recommend getting the DVD sets. I only have the Season 1 set, from eBay for $30.00. I highly recommend it; the bonus commentaries (featured for six episodes) are worth it. Also, welcome to the string (technical term for a group of ponies, not herd)!

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Oh mare, less than two weeks away. I'm getting excited all over again. ^_^

-----

I finally saw one of those Equestria Girls dolls at a local store.

Twilight Sparkle was... underwhelming, unfortunately.

Shame, was looking forward to get one or two.

Oh well, more for the target audience to buy. :P

-----

These days I only buy pony toys if there's more than one of a given character in the aisle. Doesn't feel right if I snatch the last one.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

These days I only buy pony toys if there's more than one of a given character in the aisle. Doesn't feel right if I snatch the last one.

I rarely buy pony merch, but I want one of those 4DE Twilight plushies. Also, 4DE made this tweet not too long ago:

Capture.PNG

Possibly hinting towards a Luna plushie. I can guarantee they will go out of stock fast.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

The reason I had waited so long to watch this show is because I'm a completionist when it comes to shows I like; If I'm going to watch one episode, then I must watch them all. I knew each episode could be found on YouTube, but rumors of take-downs made me worried a few episodes would been missing and I would have no way of seeing them. While this has turned out to be partially true, it seems the show is popular enough that there's always a different user uploading the entire series every month or two.

I recommend getting the DVD sets. I only have the Season 1 set, from eBay for $30.00. I highly recommend it; the bonus commentaries (featured for six episodes) are worth it. Also, welcome to the string (technical term for a group of ponies, not herd)!

I'm not interested in purchasing anything for the foreseeable future. Let's just say I'm not quite ready yet to tell my family about my interest in this show.

But I will say this: If I ever do get the opportunity to purchase anything related to MLP:FiM, the DVD sets would definitely be my number one choice.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I'm not interested in purchasing anything for the foreseeable future. Let's just say I'm not quite ready yet to tell my family about my interest in this show.

But I will say this: If I ever do get the opportunity to purchase anything related to MLP:FiM, the DVD sets would definitely be my number one choice.

The DVD sets are nice, although the bonus features on the second (and soon, the third) are a little underwhelming. I miss the audio commentaries on the Season One set.If I had to recommend any other merch to you, it'd probably be the comic books. Both the main series and micro series are fantastic, and tell great stories, some of which (like a two-part slice-of-life comic focusing on Big McIntosh trying to buy nails) wouldn't work as well in the show proper. Comic books are probably easy enough to get discreetly, too; you could slip one into a copy of, say, Batman, without anyone being the wiser. ;)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I got Season 1 on eBay. I get so many LEGO sets and DVDs on eBay my family doesn't pay attention to what comes for me anymore.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Fluttershy just reduced a dragon to tears. How's that for awesome?

"B-but that rainbow one kicked me..."

I got myself a 4DE twilight and it took two weeks to process and one week to shipworth it

I got one too. FULLY agreed. After I got my Twilight, I pre-ordered Pinkie Pie, and I'll also be ordering Fluttershy as soon as the page goes up. My wallet may hate me, but the quality on those plushies is just phenomenal. ~ (A VTOAHMKEARH) Edited by Avohkah Tamer

Fluttershy just reduced a dragon to tears.

How's that for awesome?

Second best fluttershy episode (first being Hurricane Fluttershy, but I'm not giving any spoilers for you since you seem to be on season 1)

Does anyone watch the Mentally Advanced Series? I personally enjoy all DawnSomeWhere productions

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

Does anyone watch the Mentally Advanced Series? I personally enjoy all DawnSomeWhere productions

I've only watch Friendship is Witchcraft.

FiW is hilarious, but it is exceedingly stupid and pointless. The first episode didn't introduce the characters, it just ran right into the episode. Also the eyecandy joke wasn't funny and was overused...but I loved it anyway. The songs, might I add, are/were phenomenal!

Edited by charge_beta

Best Regards Iggy                                                                                 Failure to not recognize this user's awesomeness is punishable by Pikachu

"Because some...men just like to watch the world burn"  

Spontaneous Combustions is back, but not in the way you expected.

https://chargeinfinity.wordpress.com/

FiW is hilarious, but it is exceedingly stupid and pointless. The first episode didn't introduce the characters, it just ran right into the episode. Also the eyecandy joke wasn't funny and was overused...but I loved it anyway. The songs, might I add, are/were phenomenal!

i think fiw is meant to be like that. they put in all these stupid silly jokes that you cant help but laugh at anyway. laughing at how stupid a joke pretty much becomes a joke all in itself, but then they flip it around and put in some incredible music. i was actually lucky enough to run into griffin and jenny at bronycon which was super cool. griffin recognized my name from when i did a little vector for him for one of the episodes which did surprise me

G A Y   A S   H E C K

i think fiw is meant to be like that. they put in all these stupid silly jokes that you cant help but laugh at anyway. laughing at how stupid a joke pretty much becomes a joke all in itself, but then they flip it around and put in some incredible music. i was actually lucky enough to run into griffin and jenny at bronycon which was super cool. griffin recognized my name from when i did a little vector for him for one of the episodes which did surprise me

Oh man you met Griffin and Jenny, luckyyyyAnyways, despite the first few episodes being especially groan-worthy, I love FiW for how intentionally corny the jokes are and yet how completely clever the underlying self-referential humor is. And of course the music too.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

I wish I could go to bronycon, but it's just way too expensive for me. I was hoping to go to BUCK this year but a broken computer ruined my plans, which sucked because I wanted to meet some of my tumblr friends there.

I was hoping I could attend Bronycon in 2014, but apparently it's the same weekend as Brickfair VA, which is pretty much top priority in my vacation plans for the year. Even if I can't make it to Bronycon though, I'm making it a personal goal to attend at least one MLP con in 2014.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH) Edited by Avohkah Tamer

Scott and I are thinking of attending Bronycon for one day on Saturday (since Saturday is one of the least eventful days at Brickfair, and from what I've heard, one of the most eventful days at Bronycon). We'll see though. It's possible we won't have as much of a need to do Bronycon if Cloudsdale Congress is on again this year, but so far they haven't done anything but tease an announcement.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This seems like a perfectly logical place to ask this question:

Does anyone know if the S.4 premier on Saturday will be a two parter? And if it is, will both parts be aired that day (like for S.3) for with a week long gap in between (like S.2)?

(Also if those who answer could be kind enough to avoid spoilers [including episode titles] that'd be great kthx.)

BZPRPG

This seems like a perfectly logical place to ask this question: Does anyone know if the S.4 premier on Saturday will be a two parter? And if it is, will both parts be aired that day (like for S.3) for with a week long gap in between (like S.2)? (Also if those who answer could be kind enough to avoid spoilers [including episode titles] that'd be great kthx.)

Yep, the S4 premiere is a two-parter back-to-back. If you're so inclined to watch it live, it airs at 10am EST / 7am PST. New single episodes each following week will air at 10:30am / 7:30am.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Season 4 starts tomorrow. Hard to believe, but it's true.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Hub so I won't be able to watch the season premiere immediately. I'll be able to watch them online somewhere, though, I'm sure.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Season 4 starts tomorrow. Hard to believe, but it's true. Unfortunately, I don't have the Hub so I won't be able to watch the season premiere immediately. I'll be able to watch them online somewhere, though, I'm sure. -TNTOS-

There are actually several groups that plan to livestream the episode when it airs, I suggest checking out EqD later today, they'll be putting up a compilation post with links to all the livestreams people will be running.Protip: If you've got a decent internet connection, I highly recommend trying Xyro's stream, which is full glorious 1080p HD.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Season 4 starts tomorrow. Hard to believe, but it's true. Unfortunately, I don't have the Hub so I won't be able to watch the season premiere immediately. I'll be able to watch them online somewhere, though, I'm sure. -TNTOS-

There are actually several groups that plan to livestream the episode when it airs, I suggest checking out EqD later today, they'll be putting up a compilation post with links to all the livestreams people will be running.Protip: If you've got a decent internet connection, I highly recommend trying Xyro's stream, which is full glorious 1080p HD.~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

Yes, I noticed that. I'll be sure to check 'em out.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I like where this is going. No more Elements, more Discord, more princess backstory (I really liked the banishment scene, that was some powerful stuff), and of course more ponies.

also morbuzakh what

Yeah, it's pretty cool how it all got resolved. Especially the lack of physical Elements.

I was thinking facehuggers, myself.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Did anyone else think that the use of foreground/background focus was seriously abused. I mean really really abused? It was way too distracting and felt gimmicky, like JJ Abrams and his lens flares.

(Yes I just went there.)

Anyway, I was actually a little bit disappointed that they showed us Luna's banishment and Discord's stone-turning. I feel like those scenarios are really ripe for fan speculation and actually showing what happened kind of ruined it a little bit. Although, as a counterpoint, they didn't show us too much so I guess it wasn't that bad. But overall I really liked the premier and I really like where the story going to lead. So stoked!

(Oh and oh oh this episode gave us confirmation on which princesses possessed which elements which I thought was cool. That scene and the scene with the tree completely obliterated my headcanon, but it's okay! I can totally rewrite those 7,000 words of my origin story!)

BZPRPG

I loved the flashback scenes. The highlights of the special to me. One minor plot nitpick is that, in the pilot, the legend goes that Luna "refused to lower the moon," implying Celestia was trying to begin the morning but Luna wouldn't let her, but now, Luna apparently raises the moon in the middle of the day.

Also, I loved the new animation style. I'm not one to comment on animation nitpicks, but I loved whatever they did differently this time.

I am disappointed by the lack of Cadence. Although I guess I understand why they couldn't manage her in, with the story being about Twilight and the main twin Princesses and whatnot. This also supports my semi-headcanon that the Crystal Empire is politically independent from Celestia's kingdom (princessdom?)

Discord was handled great. At first, I was concerned they'd ignore his reformation, then when they introduced him, I hoped it wouldn't make the episode confusing for new viewers. But it seemed easy to follow along. It was clear from early into his introduction that he was formerly evil and them reformed, to a degree, so the episode doesn't rely on the viewer having seen previous episodes.

The Mane Six relinquishing the Elements was both an emotional and game-changing test, and also a great way to get rid of the deux ex machina that they were starting to be. The concept of disconnecting them from the Elements during their battle with Discord was clever, and during the Royal Wedding it was much better to have them not be able to access them to emphasize the power of love. However, next time they fight some epic villain, it would just eat up screentime to explain why they can't use the Elements immediately

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

That premiere was amazing. It was a real game-changer, yet none of it felt forced.

I loved the flashback scenes. The highlights of the special to me. One minor plot nitpick is that, in the pilot, the legend goes that Luna "refused to lower the moon," implying Celestia was trying to begin the morning but Luna wouldn't let her, but now, Luna apparently raises the moon in the middle of the day.

Well, to be fair, Celestia tells Luna to lower the moon again after she raises it, and she refuses. So it's not an outright contradiction. It just re-contextualizes the scene slightly.

Also, I loved the new animation style. I'm not one to comment on animation nitpicks, but I loved whatever they did differently this time.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a new style. They're just pushing it in a few new directions. We've seen similar things over the course of the series — remember how wowed we all were by Twilight's mane blowing in the wind in the Season 3 premiere?

I am disappointed by the lack of Cadence. Although I guess I understand why they couldn't manage her in, with the story being about Twilight and the main twin Princesses and whatnot. This also supports my semi-headcanon that the Crystal Empire is politically independent from Celestia's kingdom (princessdom?)

This episode was packed with enough callbacks as it is. Throwing in Cadence and the Crystal Empire would complete the season premiere callback trifecta, but it might have made the whole thing too busy and complicated for just two episodes.

I can't wait to see how many new storyline opportunities this story opens, and how much great fan content it inspires!

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

If anyone watches the Mysterious Mr. Enter, he made a good observation about the pilot: if the Elements of Harmony could turn Nightmare Moon back into Princess Luna, why didn't Celestia do that instead of imprisoning her?

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Maybe Nightmare Moon Moon wasn't ready to be redeemed yet back then?

I don't know.. :/

f9Qcky7.png

If anyone watches the Mysterious Mr. Enter, he made a good observation about the pilot: if the Elements of Harmony could turn Nightmare Moon back into Princess Luna, why didn't Celestia do that instead of imprisoning her?

That's... a good question.

Part of is probably what Valenti said. We don't really know the nature of why Luna turned into NM (external versus internal force) but it could be that shortly after she turned Luna and NM were the same being... and then further down the line NM somehow became a separate entity that was possessing her.

Or it could be the goals of the element users. Maybe Celestia didn't really understand her transformation, and assumed that Luna and NM were the same being, and as such figured banishment was the only solution. 1,000 years later maybe things were viewed in a different light. Of course that's assuming the users can control the outcome of using the elements.

But, really, it's probably just plot convenience. This is little kids' show, after all.

BZPRPG

Yeah, in hindsight, the Mane Six seem surprised that the Elements turn Nightmare Moon back, so it was probably beyond Celestia's control to choose what would happen when she used them, too.

In a way, the Elements seem kind of like the Ignika. An extremely powerful object(s) that can only be used by certain people, but even then, the people don't really control it as much they just channel its power and will into the world.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg