Mask Powers

Favorite...The Mask of Flight.Want to see in the story that's not there? Maybe a Mask of Adaptation.

There is one.
In that case, every power I likely could ever want - and possibly a few I don't :) - have already been covered. It's a pretty broad spectrum of powers...I'm struggling to think outside of the box.

Olmak and Kaulsi are my favourite.I would like to see a Mask of Tangebility. You know, walking through walls and stuff. I know the mask of Astral Projection does that, but it does leave your body being all... dead... and your invisible.Was thinking about a back story for it. Made with Speed kanoka.. and whatever ones were used to make the mask of concealment... (because Gali used the mask of speed to pass through solid matter, I just feel those two combined fit the bill)((Pikmiiinn!!))

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

• [*]Mask of Psychometry[*]Kanohi Huna (Mask of Concealment)[*]Kanohi Calix[*]Mask of Tangebility (Yes, Tuyet did wear one, if I'm not mistaken)[*]Kanohi Akaku (Kopaka's mask, not sure if I have the name right)

I do love Brutaka's mask as well, I can't remember the name of it, however.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

• 2 weeks later...

Power wise, the Olmak is brilliant. For looking awesome, the original Miru. If there is one thing lacking, it's the Vahi. A Mask of Time should actually enable time travel, and as far as I can tell all it does is make things go in slow motion, give energy to an insane dark hunter, and have the potential to destroy the universe...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

a mask of breath would be cool.like if you wanted to go underwater,but has the unfortunate bad luck of not being a mahri,you could wear it to breathe or if bionicles finally get into space,they could wear them to survive.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

a mask of breath would be cool.like if you wanted to go underwater,but has the unfortunate bad luck of not being a mahri,you could wear it to breathe or if bionicles finally get into space,they could wear them to survive.

The Mask of Underwater breathing serves the purpose you describe, but does not work in a vacuum.My favorite mask would be the Kakama, or possibly the Miru.

If there is one thing lacking, it's the Vahi. A Mask of Time should actually enable time travel, and as far as I can tell all it does is make things go in slow motion, give energy to an insane dark hunter, and have the potential to destroy the universe...

The Vahi controls the flow of time, meaning it can slow it down, speed it up, or possibly even freeze it. It can not make it run backwards, though. Note that while Vakama failed to use the mask properly (he too seemed to be slowed down), Tahu used it successfully against the Bohrok-Kal, giving his team enough extra time to formulate a plan. When used properly, it gives you insane "bullet time" while you yourself move at normal speed, and that's pretty cool in my book. Still, it's not my favorite mask, by a long shot.The Hau, Kakama, Kadin and Huna might be my favorite masks. If I was given a Suva, I would load it with those, plus a Matatu and Pakari. Simple, yet reliable powers. :)

The kaulsi, hau, and solek

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The mask of fracture, or the mask of hunger. Fragmentation was my almost favorite rahkshi power, and explosions are always cool. Imagine a toa with frag grenades... Hmmm... Maybe I'll try to get that mask power approved on BZRPG....-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

The mask of fracture, or the mask of hunger.

Avsa, Mask of Hunger.My favorite Kanohi is the Olmak - you'd be pretty much invincible with one of those babies. Mask of Rahi Control is awesome, as well.I also like the Hau, Kakama, Pakari, Akaku, Mahiki, Matatu, Calix, Kadin, Garai, Tryna, and Kualsi for their sheer usefulness, which is why I usually use these in RPGs.

Q2TtLEz.png

I always liked Toa Matau's mask power. I forget the name, but I always thought shape-shifting was an awesome power.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The Mask of Underwater breathing serves the purpose you describe, but does not work in a vacuum.My favorite mask would be the Kakama, or possibly the Miru.
yeah,i saw that recently.the kaukau,right?

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

You know, the Matatu would be incredibly powerful if you used it right. Telekinesis is a very powerful power. (X-Men 3 is the only movie I've seen that actually deals with this, and arguably Heroes)I've always been a bit partial to the Huna, even more than the Volitak. (Gasp!)And hold on... If a toa had a suva with the mask of telekinesis and mind reading, it would be almost like psionics!

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Olmak and Kaulsi are my favourite.I would like to see a Mask of Tangebility. You know, walking through walls and stuff. I know the mask of Astral Projection does that, but it does leave your body being all... dead... and your invisible.Was thinking about a back story for it. Made with Speed kanoka.. and whatever ones were used to make the mask of concealment... (because Gali used the mask of speed to pass through solid matter, I just feel those two combined fit the bill)((Pikmiiinn!!))

Yup, this one does exist and Tuyet did wear it. Only thing is, it's call the mask of INtangebility, because it makes the user intangeble when they go walking through stuff.

I would like to have seen a mask that cancels out others' mask powers, like a mask of imperviousness.

The kanohi felnas is almost what you want. It makes other beings powers go out of control. Elemental, mask, everything, not just other kanohi.

Other than certain ones like the Faxon, most masks have pretty cool uses, so it would be hard to pick a favorite.

The faxon, in my mind, would be the most useful mask. Think of all the amazing magical rahi on metru nui. The phase dragon can walk through stuff and breathe fire, the visoraks' powers can do all sorts, the burnak and gafna with limited elemental powers, the shore turtles who can fly, amphibians who can breathe under water, the transmution power of the tunneler, krahka's shapeshifting power....I could go on and on about cool rahi, but I think I've made my point. A knowledgable faxon user can find rahi with powers very similar to lots of other masks, as well as powers beyond any of them. This is so my dream mask.

The kaulsi, hau, and solek

Umm... Solek was a Matoran, not a mask. Do you mean the sanok, mask of accuracy?

ppg2.png

Mask of Conjuring. Hands down :biggrin:The mask allows you to program into it any power you so desire. Any power you can think of. Anything. Go ahead. Imagination is the limit.Downsides include you need to understand verbal programming, every power you program requires at least one weakness installed, and the mask operates for only fifteen minutes before a thirty-second cooldown is required.Now that's a heck of a lot of restraints I admit, but properly placed in my opinion, considering you can (if worded right) duplicate any known elemental, mask, or species power in the MU, or make it better... or something completely off the wall. Like summoning an army of bazooka-weilding gummi bears at your disposal. Or giving you Green Lantern powers. Or anything else.Coolest. Mask. EVER http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

For some reason I imagine the powers you make with the Mask of Conjuring requiring increasingly large weaknesses for you to be able to control it at all. Let's liken it to a regular computer program. If you do program an army into a game, imagine the "computing power" required for each AI soldier, and how many computers start lagging pretty quickly when they need to do many complex calculations at once. I can use my own game (self-ad!) as an example: The AI there can select a target, move towards it, jump/fly if needed and also select which of their powers/attacks to use based on distance to the target. Lately I have improved them so they won't fall off cliffs and stuff either. But they are still simplistic move/aim/shoot kind of AI, because there more I make them think tactics like humans the more complex and taxing on the system does the code become.On another hand, let's say I program a death ray into my mask. Shoop-da-whoop, disintegrates the target, I clearly state: "it's impossible to block, resist or shield against". Let's say I state the weaknesses to be "cannot destroy carrots, muffins, stars, lungs, fish, or petrol; each shot requires line of sight to the target; I must blink twice before firing each beam". This seems like a large list of weaknesses, but if I plan on just walking outside and murdering a Metru's worth of Toa with my crazy laser beams, these weaknesses do nothing.So obviously the mask would allow this power, but would the weaknesses be strengthened somehow to create a balance between ups and downs? Would me saying "lungs cannot be destroyed" make only the lungs remain of the target as intended, or would the mask auto-balance it to "if the target has lungs, it cannot be destroyed"? Or the "blink twice" requirement... would it make the beam simply don't fire if I don't blink (that's what my clever self wants it to be) or would it be bumped up to "if you don't blink twice before firing, your head explodes from power overload"? :PI can't form a final opinion on the Mask of Conjuring, because half of me screams "ridiculous" and the other half wants to analyze it until it makes proper sense. It has the most specific requirements of any mask, perhaps, but it's still one of the most vague.EDIT: Should I take this to a new topic, perhaps? :lol:

Edited by Katuko

Mask of Conjuring. Hands down :biggrin:The mask allows you to program into it any power you so desire. Any power you can think of. Anything. Go ahead. Imagination is the limit.Downsides include you need to understand verbal programming, every power you program requires at least one weakness installed, and the mask operates for only fifteen minutes before a thirty-second cooldown is required.Now that's a heck of a lot of restraints I admit, but properly placed in my opinion, considering you can (if worded right) duplicate any known elemental, mask, or species power in the MU, or make it better... or something completely off the wall. Like summoning an army of bazooka-weilding gummi bears at your disposal. Or giving you Green Lantern powers. Or anything else.Coolest. Mask. EVER http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

And that is why you gave it to Joske, no?Anyway, my favorites are the Olmak (seriously, traveling anywhere? That's a win), Matatu (Telekenesis is awesome), and the Avsa (seriously- we get to drain energy. That's cool).

For some reason I imagine the powers you make with the Mask of Conjuring requiring increasingly large weaknesses for you to be able to control it at all. Let's liken it to a regular computer program. If you do program an army into a game, imagine the "computing power" required for each AI soldier, and how many computers start lagging pretty quickly when they need to do many complex calculations at once. I can use my own game (self-ad!) as an example: The AI there can select a target, move towards it, jump/fly if needed and also select which of their powers/attacks to use based on distance to the target. Lately I have improved them so they won't fall off cliffs and stuff either. But they are still simplistic move/aim/shoot kind of AI, because there more I make them think tactics like humans the more complex and taxing on the system does the code become.On another hand, let's say I program a death ray into my mask. Shoop-da-whoop, disintegrates the target, I clearly state: "it's impossible to block, resist or shield against". Let's say I state the weaknesses to be "cannot destroy carrots, muffins, stars, lungs, fish, or petrol; each shot requires line of sight to the target; I must blink twice before firing each beam". This seems like a large list of weaknesses, but if I plan on just walking outside and murdering a Metru's worth of Toa with my crazy laser beams, these weaknesses do nothing.So obviously the mask would allow this power, but would the weaknesses be strengthened somehow to create a balance between ups and downs? Would me saying "lungs cannot be destroyed" make only the lungs remain of the target as intended, or would the mask auto-balance it to "if the target has lungs, it cannot be destroyed"? Or the "blink twice" requirement... would it make the beam simply don't fire if I don't blink (that's what my clever self wants it to be) or would it be bumped up to "if you don't blink twice before firing, your head explodes from power overload"? :PI can't form a final opinion on the Mask of Conjuring, because half of me screams "ridiculous" and the other half wants to analyze it until it makes proper sense. It has the most specific requirements of any mask, perhaps, but it's still one of the most vague.EDIT: Should I take this to a new topic, perhaps? :lol:

Not to mention the fact that if you make any mess up in your programming, you will fry your brain. Ouch.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------