Who Could Have Died Without Changing The Plot?

Curious whatchyall think about this.Who in the Bionicle storyline could have died without really affecting the major plot?I realize the answers can be different if we ask about different times -- the Piraka after 2006 for example is different than before 2006. But I'm definately thinking more of later years, since the story seemed to want to keep following characters who had once been important, but really probably weren't anymore, simply to satiate curiosity as to what they were up to. It often seemed like the only way to get a character's featuring to end was for them to die.Let's say, early 2008 as the main time I'm asking about. You can discuss other times if you wish, though.This isn't so much asking whether you wanted them to die, but whose deaths you think probably wouldn't have altered the main plot. So Makuta still would be defeated, Spherus Magna would be reformed, etc.And who could NOT die? Who was essential to the plot?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Gadunka. It was useless in the 2007 story anyways. It grew from the ignika then shrunk again from the ignika. Its only reason was so lego could make another set. Though Gadunka was a cool set.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

As the above poster stated, Gadunka isn't all that essential to the plot, although it was a cool set. I can see that Matoro shouldn't have died, he was essential to the storyline, although perhaps his death was crucial to the story. I just didn't think his death was necessary, though. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I think Botar didn't have to die. They just replaced him with another of his species anyways so why have him die in the first place.Also Krika shouldn't have died He was too cool a character.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I think Botar didn't have to die. They just replaced him with another of his species anyways so why have him die in the first place.Also Krika shouldn't have died He was too cool a character.

That's not what this topic is about. It's about characters who did not die, but could have died without really changing the plot's outcome. :) Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well i think that Karzahni could have died without effecting anything really the same with Lesovikk.well those 2 are my only possibility. although i just thought that sphinax could have died without affecting anything

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Pretty much after the Mahri returned from Mahri-Nui, the Turaga haven't served any purpose. I guess they may be important in building relations on Spherus Magna, but we don't know if that's sucessful, so theres no reason there existance would affect that. But on the other hand, I wouldn't like to see them go, and I don't think anyone would, including the matoran, and in fact I guess the Matorans moral migh be seriously changed, and that could drastically effect storyline.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

And imagine if Matoro died... the whole universe would be screwed. XD

He did die, and it was screwed. (Terry did it)Turaga Dume. He was locked away and impersonated, and when he was freed, everyone forgot all about him.
I agree, but not before Makuta impersonated him. He could have died after that, but not before.I think a bunch of villagers like Kopeke and Macku could have died and nobody would notice the difference. They really didn't go on to affect the plot in a major way.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Vezon. >:PIf there was no Vezon, the story could perhaps be altered so that the Mask escapes on its own while the Toa Inika and the Piraka fight over it.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think that Irnakk would also be useless like Umbra, just an extra set.

Well i think irnakk is technically dead in his own way since he was just a manifestation of the piraka's fears. after zaktan accepted that irnakk became no more so in all reality he is dead but was never fully alive because he depended on the piraka's fears and if he killed them then he would be killing himself too since the fear needed to keep him alive would be non-existent and thus he would be no more.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think you are all really misunderstanding Tiribomba's storyline importance, the literal foundations of the Matoran Universe can have dissolved if not for Tiribomba... plus, he has a cool name.The Turaga have basically become background characters, and really wouldn't change the story very much if they had died. The Matoran of Voya Nui don't have much importance anymore, despite being fairly amazing characters, too

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

After the Metru Nui arc, the Turaga and most of the Metru Nui Matoran could have met untimely demises without much of a change. Also, Krahka could have died, the Toa Hagah could have died (really, guys, did their actions have any bearing on what happened in the end?) Keetongu could have died...basically anyone from Metru Nui aside from the Nuva and Mahri could have died after 2005 and have no bearing on the outcome whatsoever.

I think that Irnakk would also be useless like Umbra, just an extra set.

Well i think irnakk is technically dead in his own way since he was just a manifestation of the piraka's fears. after zaktan accepted that irnakk became no more so in all reality he is dead but was never fully alive because he depended on the piraka's fears and if he killed them then he would be killing himself too since the fear needed to keep him alive would be non-existent and thus he would be no more.
I forgot about that. :sigh:

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Interesting take from some of you that the Matoran in general could have died. I see them as central to the plot; they're basically the ones the plot is all about keeping safe. :P Although yes, a few could die while the majority reach a time of peace. Buuuut it's my question, so yall's answers, so don't mind me too much. :lol:

Even though I thought he was a really cool character, Umbra could've died and the story wouldn't have changed. Ahkmou also could've died after the 04 storyline ended. (Unless he was turned into a Toa of Shadow as originally planned. Then he would've most likely effected the story a lot. :P)

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Even though I thought he was a really cool character, Umbra could've died and the story wouldn't have changed. Ahkmou also could've died after the 04 storyline ended. (Unless he was turned into a Toa of Shadow as originally planned. Then he would've most likely effected the story a lot. :P)

I will say that i agree umbra could have died without affecting anything. Also i really like the umbra set since it still incorporated the rhotuka spinner and is one of the few sets that uses the projectile weapons from another year with another being the Thornatus V9 which had midak skyblaster on it but were changed to force blasters.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The interesting thing is that while it's true that if any single on of the background Matoran had died the plot would be unchanged, if every single one of those individuals had died, it would have definitely changed the plot because something was killing off tons of people.Also, a lot of Dark Hunters didn't do much/anything. -TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

The interesting thing is that while it's true that if any single on of the background Matoran had died the plot would be unchanged, if every single one of those individuals had died, it would have definitely changed the plot because something was killing off tons of people.

It wouldn't have affected the main plot events that occured, though. The fact that, realistically, Matoran dropping dead all over the place would result in a response that is a new plot item would be different from changing the main plot events by removing their participants.~B~

Personally Defilak, he really didn't do anything major. Him and those agori who came with the vehicle sets (honestly what did they even do) could've died without affecting the plot.

well i think that most oif those agori were more important in side stories like The Crossing and who can for get Sahmad who was in Sahmad's Tale

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Podu could've died without changing anything.

Drat! My answer was taken! D=Anyway, I'd say a handful of bohrok, those kraata in stasis, everything in stasis, really (sorry Varian. I still think you're awesome, though). Maybe some Dark Hunters we haven't seen in the story, the Kanohi Dragon, Miserix, several leeches and squid... All of the exo toa... Ahkmou... Maybe Lesovikk (Karzahni's free again... Kinda made his efforts moot... Oh, and I'm not convinced he murdered him either), Nixie, Macku, Kapura (The entire Chornicler's Company, sadly), Tanma, Takanuva (I really expected his role to be more key to the plot, really. =/), Orde, and Chiara... I think that's all I've got for now.Not to say I have grudges against any of these characters, they just don't strike me as essential to the story.As for who couldn't have died, I would say Tahu, Lewa (especially in the early years), I'm actually interested in the opposite of this question, though. Who could have lived without altering the major plot? Botar's a given. XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Has Dume done anything useful other than whine and complain?

Not really. Well, after telling the Nuva about the canisters to go to Voya Nui. Edited by bonesiii

Has Dume done anything useful other than whine and complain?

Not really. Well, after telling the Nuva about the canisters to go to Voya Nui.
Dume did have a hand in helping Lhikan become a Toa, according to BS01. So I guess he did have some importance to the story. But after helping the Nuva in 06, he could've died without effecting the story too much. Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png