RPG Forum Contest 24

Black Six

What the heck.I'm going for it. I'm not going to back down, not let my own doubts hold me back. Heck, I want the players to make most of the decisions anyways, I'll just give them some plot twists and allies and enemies. I need a team. The best, the brightest. I need to focus. I need to put my foot down, throw me head back, and be resolute! I need to know...... Why is Yahoo reading this topic? It says there are only 2 members, but 3 users. *sidetracked*But yeah, I'm going for it.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

The following people should be warned that if they and I end up playing the same RPG, at least one of their characters will become involved in some way with at least one of mine, whether they like it or not:BladeiBrowKal GrochiKal the GuardianParugiToa OnaraxVorex=P

-
:burnmad: Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

I guess Day Run didn't count because of the whole impending doom situation? =PWarning taken, however, I'll have to read up shortly to see who I'm voting for, of course. =PSay, how long is left before voting starts?

Not possible, Shifting Sands is going to win by so much that it will astound everyone.And I'm not stating this as fact simply because it subliminally makes you want to see the statement come true and therefore vote for Shifting Sands and Shifting Sands only. :P

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

It's a Gundam: If. You. Do. That. I. Will. Literally. Tear. You. And. Your. RPG. Limb. From. Limb. And. Feed. The. Remains. To. The. RPGs. That. Are. Actually. Worth. It.Yes, as you can tell, I don't have a high opinion of that RPG.But yeah, in number of votes, forget making another WZ, there's one already here. *Points to Strike From the Shadows* cool.png

Still struggling over how to make my Rahkshi-Nul better. How does two-three kraata powers sound?I shall now have to take a quick look at the entries, see who has the best stuff.

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Okay; split second decision; I will be entering. Therefore, I have approximately 6 days. I'm giving myself 3, just in case.... I'll have it up tomorrow. =) I have no clue what it'll be, or what anything will involve; but it won't be my original idea, I might save that a couple more contests, just so I have time to plan. But I will be entering something. I just don't know what yet. =)

The following people should be warned that if they and I end up playing the same RPG, at least one of their characters will become involved in some way with at least one of mine, whether they like it or not:BladeiBrowKal GrochiKal the GuardianParugiToa OnaraxVorex=P
-
:burnmad:
Understood. We should all totally join one of the RPGs and then just form some sort of super powerful sub-group in the RPG and dominate the entire thing. :PA warning of my own though, in that you'll only have about 3 weeks in July (and none in August) to RP with me, so my characters during that time will have to be RPed by someone else.-ibrow

Still struggling over how to make my Rahkshi-Nul better. How does two-three kraata powers sound?
Not really the equivalent of a full on Elemental power. What about three Kraata powers of varying levels (based on the specific power - GM judgement determines whether or not it goes through), possibly accompanied by a fourth, unique power the way a Skakdi would have?
Understood. We should all totally join one of the RPGs and then just form some sort of super powerful sub-group in the RPG and dominate the entire thing. :P
You could all vote for Waves of the South, and then go on the quest for the Legion Scepter, which would claim and use the powers of in order to topple Governor Vamden and claim supremacy over the entire island Yheyn, after forcing the Rebellion and Coast Guard, and all remaining Alliance soldiers, to swear fealty to you; and the Traders Guild to do as you commanded. Think about it.That's a possible ending, assuming there is a Scepter and I'm not lying through my teeth about every plot point in the game.
It's a Gundam: If. You. Do. That. I. Will. Literally. Tear. You. And. Your. RPG. Limb. From. Limb. And. Feed. The. Remains. To. The. RPGs. That. Are. Actually. Worth. It.Yes, as you can tell, I don't have a high opinion of that RPG.But yeah, in number of votes, forget making another WZ, there's one already here. *Points to Strike From the Shadows* cool.png
War Zone. It's like Zyglak quest, if Zyglak Quest was worse, and had a writer with a major fanbase. :P
... I'll have it up tomorrow. =) I have no clue what it'll be, or what anything will involve; but it won't be my original idea, I might save that a couple more contests, just so I have time to plan. But I will be entering something. I just don't know what yet. =)
You do not have permission for an underwater western with giant robots. Nobody will ever have permission.Except Yahoo. Yahoo can do it.STOP IT YAHOO.Go. Away.And take your buddy Bing with you.I hate Bing.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OH! And underwater mecha has my support also. We must all put our heads together and make it happen.

Lev: Duly noted; was not planning a giant robot underwater western anyway. =P *Hastily erases notes on such a thing* </jk>Nah, so far I know for certain this'll take place on land... Or, at the very least, above water. That jump sequence in Day Run's really making me think...

Lev: Duly noted; was not planning a giant robot underwater western anyway. =P *Hastily erases notes on such a thing* </jk>Nah, so far I know for certain this'll take place on land... Or, at the very least, above water. That jump sequence in Day Run's really making me think...
Blades RPG: Infinite?
OH! And underwater mecha has my support also. We must all put our heads together and make it happen.
Everyone thinks it's awesome; I thought it was awesome first.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Oh wow. That's actually funny; I haven't been paying much attention to Bioshock Infinite, so I didn't know about the new setting. That's funny. =PIt'll likely be different, as it might not be that similar; though there will probably be similarities. We'll see. =PThough, the only question would be 'how to make i- ... Spherus Magna. >=D Things are progressing well. I just need to think of when the setting should be, though it's kinda limiting if we wanna have MU inhabitants be part of the island... Though, if we only have Glatorian, Agori, Skrall, Vorox, and the like, then it'll be slightly easier; though we'd sacrifice elemental powers... Might work better for swordfights and the like, though... Hmm...Hubert: We should have two epic RPGs(Because Shadows of a Doubt). Though, then a third would probably be wanted, to have a third epic RPG to guarantee all the spots...

1.) Everybody gets together and we make three incredible RPGs. 2.) We all win.3.) ???4.) Profit!

Hubert: We should have two epic RPGs(Because Shadows of a Doubt). Though, then a third would probably be wanted, to have a third epic RPG to guarantee all the spots...
We should all work together into having three RPGs where everybody has the same characters and crosses over into three different dimensions with their own storyline and plot. It would make BZPRPG look small in comparison to its epicness.... that would be insane. Let's not ever bring that idea up again.@ Blade; Give them all gene splicing.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Wait, did you just read my mind? 0_o I was just going to suggest them having the same universe, with crossovers often! That would be awesome. =D Either idea, actually, we haven't had active crossovers for a while, just imports. =PAnd I'll consider maybe having awakened powers, based off me misreading one of the types of abilities in that list. And since some abilities are already noted to be present...Question; should the Great Beings be involved somehow? This'll take place on the Jungle planet if this happens, though on a separate place so people aren't mauled by intelligent Vorox and rabid Glatorian/Agori. =P

Wait, did you just read my mind? 0_o I was just going to suggest them having the same universe, with crossovers often! That would be awesome. =D Either idea, actually, we haven't had active crossovers for a while, just imports. =PAnd I'll consider maybe having awakened powers, based off me misreading one of the types of abilities in that list. And since some abilities are already noted to be present...Question; should the Great Beings be involved somehow? This'll take place on the Jungle planet if this happens, though on a separate place so people aren't mauled by intelligent Vorox and rabid Glatorian/Agori. =P
How about a city in the clouds, far away from everything. It's the last 'intelligent' city left, save for the Vorox, who were at war until they left. The landscape is scattered with massive constructs created by the Great Beings, each capable of being controlled by an Agori.Oh, and since Agori and other Spherus Magnans do reproduce, their rite of passage would be to kill the biomechanical dinosaurs on the planets surface.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Still struggling over how to make my Rahkshi-Nul better. How does two-three kraata powers sound?I shall now have to take a quick look at the entries, see who has the best stuff.
How about 1 full-strength rahkshi power and 1 or 2 at stage 3? Stages 1 and 2 are too weak to be useful, but above that they start getting very strong. I guess it depends whether you want to keep the biomechanical thing going - that could be more of a weakness than a strength.

ppg2.png

City in the Clouds was exactly what I was thinking of, and that would be perfect.One thing to just clear up, though, when you say landscape, you mean the City, right? Because that'd fit perfectly with the reasoning for the city's creation, and how the Agori and Glatorian could get to the surface to kill said Biomechanical Dinosaurs. =P Maybe bird-like machinery?The city would likely be split into at least two or three sectors, since the Skrall present, if any, would likely be loners due to craving constant battles.The ground would likely be covered in ruins, too, from the past civilization, which would be another reason for the Agori and Glatorian to travel to the surface.I'd throw in air-pirates, but that'd be a little too much, and besides, there's only one intelligent city right now... Maybe if this garners enough support to win the contest and warrant a second season, more cities could be thrown into the mix, and more stuff brought into the game.

The Skrall/Bone Hunter live on the surface, and are constantly trying to invade the City in the Clouds (massive steampunk airship).Also What's His Face, the burning tentacle dude. What about Him?

I'd throw in air-pirates, but that'd be a little too much, and besides, there's only one intelligent city right now... Maybe if this garners enough support to win the contest and warrant a second season, more cities could be thrown into the mix, and more stuff brought into the game.
Air-pirates is never too much. But yeah, don't see what motivation they would have. :PWhat about a massive city, covering almost 100 square miles in the sky. It's loosely connected, and while you could go around by foot, it would be impractical - instead, people go in the massive spaces between in air gondolas.The city also has multiple levels going down in multiple places, and is totally epic looking.Below, almost a full mile down to the ground, is the massive rainforests of Bota-Magna. It's almost impossible to land in the dense places, but there are a few places where ancient cities currently reside. The cities are dangerous because they are inhabited by those exiled from the city, ancient constructs (think Shadow of the Colossus here in size and power) created by the Great Beings to guard them, and all sorts of nasty creatures. And occasionally, Vorox raiders go through and kill anyone from the city in the clouds they can for trespassing on their area - which is, to say, the entire moon.It's very hard to obtain permission to go down, but it's done as a rite of passage occasional. For the dinosaur hunting.EDIT: Two posts while I was doing that...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

-
Understood. We should all totally join one of the RPGs and then just form some sort of super powerful sub-group in the RPG and dominate the entire thing. :PA warning of my own though, in that you'll only have about 3 weeks in July (and none in August) to RP with me, so my characters during that time will have to be RPed by someone else.-ibrow
-
If we form that sub-group, I won't be the official leader, but through my machinations you all will soon fall under my sway.Just ask Lev.Oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to tell him that. :|

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

^ Generic cartoon super villain, revealing his plans... *sigh*I won't be able to be completely realistic with the Makuta in Goodbye Innocence. If I was, the escapees would already be dead.

^ Generic cartoon super villain, revealing his plans... *sigh*I won't be able to be completely realistic with the Makuta in Goodbye Innocence. If I was, the escapees would already be dead.
The Makutas weakness is their arrogance. Their pride. Their unwillingness to accept that another being could threaten them.Also, total annihilation, as Kojol discovered.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

They're working on the arrogance thing, though Bitil isn't doing a good job.No guarantees they'll be able to change, though.

The Skrall/Bone Hunter live on the surface, and are constantly trying to invade the City in the Clouds (massive steampunk airship).Also What's His Face, the burning tentacle dude. What about Him?
Skrall and Bone Hunters living on the surface of Bota Magna might work; maybe there's a splinter group on the City in the Clouds, but they leave after they get to the Rite of Passage ceremony, to live amongst the Vorox and challenge them for their territory?As for Annona, he/she's... Hmm. Was Annona on Bara or Bota Magna, if we know?
I'd throw in air-pirates, but that'd be a little too much, and besides, there's only one intelligent city right now... Maybe if this garners enough support to win the contest and warrant a second season, more cities could be thrown into the mix, and more stuff brought into the game.
Air-pirates is never too much. But yeah, don't see what motivation they would have. :PWhat about a massive city, covering almost 100 square miles in the sky. It's loosely connected, and while you could go around by foot, it would be impractical - instead, people go in the massive spaces between in air gondolas.The city also has multiple levels going down in multiple places, and is totally epic looking.Below, almost a full mile down to the ground, is the massive rainforests of Bota-Magna. It's almost impossible to land in the dense places, but there are a few places where ancient cities currently reside. The cities are dangerous because they are inhabited by those exiled from the city, ancient constructs (think Shadow of the Colossus here in size and power) created by the Great Beings to guard them, and all sorts of nasty creatures. And occasionally, Vorox raiders go through and kill anyone from the city in the clouds they can for trespassing on their area - which is, to say, the entire moon.It's very hard to obtain permission to go down, but it's done as a rite of passage occasional. For the dinosaur hunting.EDIT: Two posts while I was doing that...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:
True, true. =PThat'd work rather well, I think. Maybe have steampunk-ish Airships for even quicker travel, but it'd be impractical for city use for the most part, and just used for mass travel to the surface; given the stop/start times.Multiple levels would be amazing, I must say, definitely doing that.That's perfect. =D And of course, hidden somewhere is the ancient Great Being's Fortress, but the specific location has been lost to time, similar to Artakha's location in the Matoran Universe.Yeah, the danger would be far too great for the typical citizen, aside for the Rite of Passage ceremony.
On the three crossover RPG's, guys think about it. Bara Magna, Bota Magna, and Aqua Magna.
... Oh. Oh wow. That would work perfectly. =O And you know what? It'd kinda fit with my RPG too... Given it'll be set on Bota Magna; though I'm entering it this contest... Though, this season's story could very well set up next season's potential crossover. =)
Now, a quick general question; should the city be called the 'City in the Clouds', or have a more specific name?

I support this RPG 100% under one condition: You call the city Cloudsdale. =P
-
*Facehoof*Also, Annona lived within Bara Magna.

Ah, then Annona's not likely to make an appearance, considering this is on Bota Magna. Maybe in the crossover, considering there'll likely be teleporters or dimension holes to a large number of places, if the crossover happens. =P