What Is The Most Annoying Word/sound You Know?

JPNML

For me, the most annoying phrase would be 'Just sayin''. Why is the person just sayin'? You don't need to just say anything. Doesn't make the person any more intelligent when they say it, either, so why even say it?Noise-wise? Ever heard of the mosquito ringtone, or teenager repellant? I love the idea of it, but whenever I would like to use it to repel talkative or texting teenagers, it will backfire and just annoy me instead because it will hurt my ears. :P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Most annoying saying: YOLO, hands down. Cannot stand, I'm irritating myself just typing about it.Most annoying noise: My alarm clock in the morning. Its been thrown across the room a couple times, I'm sure you can relate.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

amirite?
This.Alongside a number of other things. Like any phrase said in bad grammar in an irritating accent.Most annoying sound... is any high frequency or amplitude sound. Apparently my hearing is over-sensitive, which would explain that, but I hate all loud or high-frequency noises.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

One of the things that I'm guilty of saying myself but I still find it really annoying is when someone says "Ya know?" after everything. Example: "And then I was totally like that, ya know?"I always think in my head, "No, I don't know."~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Everytime I see someone casually refer to something as "a bit of banter", or say "we were doing it for the bant", a little part of me dies. And then turns into a vengeful spirit, wanting justice brought upon the heads of the offender. I'm not sure how widespread it is, I just know a lot of people in my area have decided to add it to their vocabulary.

Most annoying saying: YOLO, hands down. Cannot stand, I'm irritating myself just typing about it.
A thousand times this. I'm not sure if it's worse seeing it typed, or said aloud.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

most every curse word irritates the living tar out of me.i know a girl who hates the word moist. my youth group has way too much fun with that.or when people call teachers Mrs./Mr. "comere Mrs.!" it just sounds so rude.or "no offense but _________." your joking right?noises i hate are when the screws make that squeaking sound when putting them in. its worse than nails on a chalk board.i know theres a few words that bug me, but i cant think of them now...

Edited by Wheeljack

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Nails on a chalk board. I dare anybody to come up with a sound worse than that.@MTM: I usually don't have a problem with that, and besides, people usually use 'y'all' if they are southerners, or at least grew up with a southern background or have a southern accent. They can have the best grammar in the world, but probably will still say that term because it's just in their nature. They'll use it even if they aren't southerners, and it's just because it is a word in our society that has been used repeatedly.

Edited by Peach 00

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

slipped away...

Worst word (or acronym, in this case) has to go to LOL. *twitch*Worst sound: Either running ones nails along styrofoam (or tearing it) or nails on a chalkboard. Both sounds make me want to rip my ears off and plug the stumps up with silicone rubber.

I think the most annoying word is "y'all" it is soooooooo irratating, when people use that word i'm allways thinking "AAAAAAAAAHHHHH BAD GRAMMAR!"
You could consider it a contraction of "you all."

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Most annoying word, or phrase, is "Shut up." When someone tells me that, I almost fly into a murderous rage. It. Is. Annoying. It's WAY too blunt and rude.Most annoying sound, to me, is more of a cacophony. Think average kid-to-teen party. I enjoy fun, as anyone who speaks to me on this site knows. I do not, however, enjoy sheer insanity. :P

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Hmm... I absolutely hate with my entire heart and soul the sound of styrofoam. I hate it with an unnamed rage.
I know, right? It has this... insanity-inducing quality to it.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Nails on a chalk board. I dare anybody to come up with a sound worse than that.
I never really minded that sound much. O.oWhat's far worse for me is that sound of metal against porcelaine. Sometimes, if at the right angle, and with the right pressure, a knife might... well, sort off slide over the plate, creating a horrible screeching sound. ><

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Nails on a chalk board. I dare anybody to come up with a sound worse than that.
I never really minded that sound much. O.oWhat's far worse for me is that sound of metal against porcelaine. Sometimes, if at the right angle, and with the right pressure, a knife might... well, sort off slide over the plate, creating a horrible screeching sound. ><
Oh, I can totally agree with you on that. It either creates a really high-pitched sound or a really low screeching sound. >_<
Most annoying word: dude. I don't really like it.Most annoying sound: mosquito ringtone. That actually hurts my ears.
I have a love-hate relationship with the Mosquito Ringtone: I love it as long as it irritates anybody else, but I absolutely hate it when used to annoy me. The ringtone loves it either way. :P

slipped away...

I think the most annoying word is "y'all" it is soooooooo irratating, when people use that word i'm allways thinking "AAAAAAAAAHHHHH BAD GRAMMAR!"
My English teacher last year said "y'all" all the time.I think the most annoying sound is my computer's fan going crazy when I have too many tabs open or whatever.

aouROFb.png

What's far worse for me is that sound of metal against porcelaine. Sometimes' date=' if at the right angle, and with the right pressure, a knife might... well, sort off slide over the plate, creating a horrible screeching sound. ><[/quote']I despise that sound as well. Whenever I hear it, it's as if my thoughts shatter into a million pieces. I also find humming very annoying.I can't think of a word or phrase that particularly annoys me, but I find it very irritating when people misapply quotations.

For words and phrases, I find "I know right?" to be extra annoying. I think the reason why is because there is this one kid I know who never says the 't' in 'right', so it ends up sounding like "I know rai?' . Also, when people want to say "I couldn't care less" but instead say "I could care less." Oh, so you do care about whateveritisyoudon'tactuallycareabout?As for horrible noises, that squeak you sometimes get if two fabrics are rubbed together. I cringe just thinking about that. Of course, there's the 'fork scraping against plate' noise, as well. I nearly claw my eyes out every time I hear that. Which is pretty much every time I eat.

Edited by Nuvaguy

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

"Wow wow holy cow" drives me nuts that and a word my brother made up "insultive" (insult-tive) the word just sounds so dumb and linguistically wrong to me.Also Homophobe, really I feel like people calling other people homophobes because they disagree with their politics is stupid ruins their credibility. (Please don't erupt in rage about that lets remain on topic please). Also I going to say I agree with Zarayna on his most annoying words and I'll add I'm not fond of the word compromise. I will add I find the word asexual annoying for some unknown reason.Don't really have an annoying sound except maybe tv fuzziness seriously that is grating on the nerves.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

Well, I have two eight-year-old brothers, so here we go...*cracks knuckles*-When someone says "really?" after you do something that irritates/angers them-When my brother calls me "dude"-"that's mine!"-"come on!"-"are you serious?"I'm sure I can think of more. As for sounds:-metal on plastic, foam, or porcelain -feedback (like when you put a microphone too close to a speaker)-when someone tries to sing dubstep. Just. No.-nails on glass/chalkboard

67tlbk.png

I've always been irritated with the word 'Hot'. For some reason whenever I say the word hot or if I say someone looks hot (because they're overheated) people think I'm hitting on someone, it's really irritating. I don't really mind the word, I just don't like people's reactions to the word. Another word I'm slightly irritated by (though not as much as the first one) is when people call each other bro or 'brah'. Bro is alright, I don't really mind it but when people say 'brah' I just get really annoyed. Is it too much for someone to use a different word that doesn't sound like underwear? I also don't like the word, 'swag' mainly because of how ridiculous it sounds. 'Dawg' is also annoying because of how overused it is. Another is 'Bad'. I don't mean the actual word bad, but when people say it and its suppose to mean good. Example: "Dang Girl, you look bad." I also dislike it when people use ridiculous to mean good, though not as much as I hate people using bad to mean good.As for sounds, Mainly its whatever is really loud since I have above sensitive hearing.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

"That's so gay."That phrase is retarded and so are the people who use it.
the ironing of using an offensive term to degrade another offensive term.also moist. moist is the actual worst word everYOLO is the best word by the way. if you get mad at it you have no sense of fun Edited by pls respond
nhsYE.jpg

Oh and another word, "Black". The color black is one of my favorite colors but for some reason if I say the word black or I reference something is the color black people automatically call me racist. It just incredibly annoying."Hey man, check out this black chair, its really comfy.""Racist."...Seriously? Also another thing is how people seem to use the word 'gay' as an insult.

Oh and another word, "Black". The color black is one of my favorite colors but for some reason if I say the word black or I reference something is the color black people automatically call me racist. It just incredibly annoying."Hey man, check out this black chair, its really comfy.""Racist."...Seriously?Also another thing is how people seem to use the word 'gay' as an insult.
your post is full of things that i agree with.i cant tell you how many times I've been called gay. it just sickens me. because, people can be like that. its not exactly a choice from what I've heard. and i believe that.or when i say "i am so tired of being called gay"and they respond "your gay?"*facepalm* [/rant]

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

"That's so gay."That phrase is retarded and so are the people who use it.
the ironing of using an offensive term to degrade another offensive term.
It's more like I'm saying I'd question the proper working of the minds of people who legitimately believe that it is a failsafe term to describe terrible things. But you have a point.

AXKP5KC.png

I've always been irritated with the word 'Hot'. For some reason whenever I say the word hot or if I say someone looks hot (because they're overheated) people think I'm hitting on someone, it's really irritating. I don't really mind the word, I just don't like people's reactions to the word.Another word I'm slightly irritated by (though not as much as the first one) is when people call each other bro or 'brah'. Bro is alright, I don't really mind it but when people say 'brah' I just get really annoyed. Is it too much for someone to use a different word that doesn't sound like underwear?[...]As for sounds, Mainly its whatever is really loud since I have above sensitive hearing.~Soran
... it's kinda good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that way. About both things.
Oh and another word, "Black". The color black is one of my favorite colors but for some reason if I say the word black or I reference something is the color black people automatically call me racist. It just incredibly annoying."Hey man, check out this black chair, its really comfy.""Racist."...Seriously?Also another thing is how people seem to use the word 'gay' as an insult.
... wow, thankfully that's never happened to me, because I'm very much into all things dark/black. :/Using "gay" as an insult is about the worst thing ever.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

"Gay" as an insult is a constant annoyance for me, especially because of the people I have to hang around every day (not my siblings =P). I don't mind "YOLO", as long as it's not overused. Using "LOL" as a spoken word irritates me, though. One guy I know uses "halla" constantly because he knows it gets on everyone's nerves.And then, of course, there's "I could care less".Absolute. Worst. Sentence. Ever.

Edited by Architect

Any acronyms that are said aloud (as long as they aren't a company name or acronym) such as Lol, Rofl, ttyl, etc always annoyed me. I also hate it whenever people say phrases like Umadbro, cool story bro (Sarcasm).

I'll have to agree with the people who hate the usage of the word "gay" as a method of degrading something or someone. I've lost so much patience with people using that I've just resorted to asking how inanimate objects can fall in love with members of the same sex. There's usually a satisfyingly confused silence. Ooh, I remembered another word I hate. "Lad". It's alright when said with a northern accent or something, or said by an elderly citizen referring to a young lad, but when it's between friends, or used as a response to an action people find respect-worthy, I get angry. Whenever someone says "Oh, you lad" I sigh with frustration.Once I read on Facebook somebody saying "Time for some laddish banta!". A red mist clouded my vision and when I awoke, I was surrounded with dead woodland creatures. How strange that was.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I'll have to agree with the people who hate the usage of the word "gay" as a method of degrading something or someone. I've lost so much patience with people using that I've just resorted to asking how inanimate objects can fall in love with members of the same sex. There's usually a satisfyingly confused silence.
I just ignore them.But, also:Bubble wrap. I know it's fun when I'm the one doing the popping, but if someone else is... :burnmad:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill