How would you like Bionicle to Return?

Click

I think it would be tough, but either bring it back right where we left off, and have Sets of Orde, Ziara, Charia and some new Characters, with the villains being Marendar, and a new set of Villains created by the disguised Great beings. IF not this, then set it far in the future, with the Toa Nuva having become turaga, and the new challenges that thousands of years later the two cultures face. As for a villain...The great beings creating something to destroy their accidentally sapient creations ?-Star

Solaris Magnus. Formerly Starparu. 

To be honest, I really wouldn't want to see Bionicle return... It was a good theme while it was around, but that's over, and it should stay that way.

Greg confirmed Bionicle to return in a few years? Why did no-one tell me this sooner? :/
He didn't confirm anything. Heck, he hasn't even been online.
Plus, Greg's main job for LEGO currently is to right graphic novels for Ninjago. If Bionicle were to ever return, Greg would most-likely not be writing the story or anything for the line, therefore the story and the method of telling the story would be a lot different. Chances are it would either be in chapter book or television format, which wouldn't happen, because Ninjago currently uses those two areas of LEGO's budget for their books and TV series. Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think it would be tough, but either bring it back right where we left off, and have Sets of Orde, Ziara, Charia and some new Characters, with the villains being Marendar, and a new set of Villains created by the disguised Great beings. IF not this, then set it far in the future, with the Toa Nuva having become turaga, and the new challenges that thousands of years later the two cultures face. As for a villain...The great beings creating something to destroy their accidentally sapient creations ?-Star
I think this is a good idea. Don't throw the old story out but set it so far in the future that you don't really need to know it.

You know it's funny, I keep fantasizing about some Bionicle fans who happened to end up in filmmaking or something banding together to create a Bionicle TV show, sometime in the 2020's or something. One based on the original books and comics. The first season would be the first story year; quest for the masks, then the second would be about the bohrok swarms, then the Bohrok-Kal and so on.I have no idea why this idea keeps spinning around in my head, I guess it's partially becuase I'm a TMNT fan, and know for a fact that they have a history of adapations, there's even a new cartoon coming out this fall.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I wouldn't be all that excited for myself, but it'd defiantly be good for BZP and I know a couple little boys who ever got the chance to enjoy it.I would like to see either an alternate universe explored. Otherwise I think it'd be cool to see a different great being explored on another world. Without mata nui and all the beings he created. Most of all I would like to see the storyline that was only just slightly more complex than 2001.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

If it'll ever return, and I have my doubts, exploring an alternate universe would be nice, in my opinion. But satying on the "old" storyline would be good, too. Maybe solving some dark mysteries and giving a final word to some aspects, then going for a new line with new characters. Maybe explore some more the Great Beings' world. Yes, Spherus Magna would be perfect as location.I'd pretty much go with this, too:

I still struggle whether BIONICLE needs to return. This story spans across 10 years time, which is a bit overdue. All it needs is just to tie up the loose ends...If they have to continue it, I guess the best way would be another universe created by the GBs/alt. dimensions.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Do a reset. Back to Mata Nui, back with a Hau, Akaku, etc. Save money on making new names, give us a wave of nostalgia. Then change things up, play with the villains, play with our expectations.
then I dont have to pay 50$ to get tahu of ebay.It would be awesome to use a mix of bionicle and hero factory parts. Maybe the toa mata/nuva could be turaga or something.
You can get him for far less on Bricklink.
I still struggle whether BIONICLE needs to return.This story spans across 10 years time, which is a bit overdue. All it needs is just to tie up the loose ends...If they have to continue it, I guess the best way would be another universe created by the GBs/alt. dimensions.
I don't think that would be a good idea. While it would work as a way to reintroduce BIONICLE, the idea would require revisiting old characters and morphing them into what they aren't. Also, the Alternate Universes as on a different timeline and it would require another "visit to the past" and as there are no Turaga to tell the story... Edited by BobaFett2

The Legend Lives...

Do a reset. Back to Mata Nui, back with a Hau, Akaku, etc. Save money on making new names, give us a wave of nostalgia. Then change things up, play with the villains, play with our expectations.
then I dont have to pay 50$ to get tahu of ebay.It would be awesome to use a mix of bionicle and hero factory parts. Maybe the toa mata/nuva could be turaga or something.
You can get him for far less on Bricklink.
I still struggle whether BIONICLE needs to return.This story spans across 10 years time, which is a bit overdue. All it needs is just to tie up the loose ends...If they have to continue it, I guess the best way would be another universe created by the GBs/alt. dimensions.
I don't think that would be a good idea. While it would work as a way to reintroduce BIONICLE, the idea would require revisiting old characters and morphing them into what they aren't. Also, the Alternate Universes as on a different timeline and it would require another "visit to the past" and as there are no Turaga to tell the story...
I guess I didn't explain it clearly. I don't actually want BIONICLE to return, but it would be awesome if something similar comes up and has a similar theme , and turns out the world was made by GBs as a nod to BIONICLE. Because if BIONICLE were to extend, it would be stale and much more harder for new fans to enjoy the story :/Actually, HF would work, but the storyline is too shallow and I cannot see a moral at all... so nope.
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I would prefer that TLG rebooted the entire franchise, with a whole new story with similarities to the original Bionicle story, sorta like what they did to the The Incredible Hulk. Since by 2009 the stories got a little messed up, continuing it would not be a wise choice, plus younger audiences would have to go back to 2001 (when they possibly weren't even born yet) in order to get what's going on.

yo b

I really don't want bionicle to return. Because I love all the old characters and their new homeworld, spherus magna. If it did return, I wanted the storyline to continue where it left off. With the toa nuva, matoran, turaga of mata nui, glatorian and the agori returning. However, If the story was set in a few years later or in the near future, I will feel sad and depressed. I have grown to love these characters, and I'm very happy they've ended it in 2010. and the story continues with the Yesterday quest and The powers that Be from BIONICLEstory.com. and since the younger audience would need to catch up with the older stories from 2001 to 2010, bionicle should remain closed.

Edited by bohrokmaster

I really don't want bionicle to return. Because I love all the old characters and their new homeworld mata nui created. If it did return, I wanted the storyline to continue where it left off. With the toa nuva, matoran, turaga of mata nui and the glatorian and agori returning. However, If the story was set in a few years later or in the future, or even having new world and new characters, I will feel sad and depressed. I have grown to love these characters and I'm very happy they've end it in 2010. and the story continues with the Yesterday quest and The powers that Be serials from BIONICLEstory.com. and since the younger audience would have to catch up with the older stories from 2001 to 2010, bionicle should remain closed.
I'm pretty sure he hasn't posted a new episode in a year.

The Legend Lives...

sets of the characters in the current serials. Kopaka and pohatu could have armor adapted for the red star.

I'd definitely be okay with any sort of return, preferably with the storyline, so long as it isn't completely unrelated to the old stuff. We should at least be able to recognized as Bionicle material.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

One word: Artakha. I wouldn't buy the set (I'm done buying bionicle and hero factory), but I'd love to see it made. Maybe they could also do a Tales of the Makuta year, where they're just talking about, well, tales of the makuta. I want to see a Tridax and Kojol. Maybe a Miserix before he turned himself into a dragon.

I'm not sure I would. But if it did, I'd want it to either be completely re-done, or to go back to the MU but to islands that we didn't see much of. So basically a whole new world (but still part of the MU), with different characters and back stories and whatnot. I want the feeling of '06 again (new island, new villains, etc.), but done much, much better as I think Greg could've done so much more with Voya Nui.And if it did return, I'd want it more focused on the storyline -- expand that more, go really in-depth, etc.newso1.png

Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

I'm not sure I would. But if it did, I'd want it to either be completely re-done, or to go back to the MU but to islands that we didn't see much of. So basically a whole new world (but still part of the MU), with different characters and back stories and whatnot. I want the feeling of '05 again (new island, new villains, etc.), but done much, much better as I think Greg could've done so much more with Voya Nui.And if it did return, I'd want it more focused on the storyline -- expand that more, go really in-depth, etc.newso1.png
I think you mean 2006. 2005 was the Visorak on Metru Nui.

The Legend Lives...

You know what I would really want to see. I have said it before, and Ill say it again. Metru Nui. Loved every part of it. The characters, the plot, the golden age of Matoran. If they could take what they learned from all the other years set wise, it could make for one cracking year.The only thing I wanted was for Dume to not be MAKUTA! and to actually just be a normal leader, gone mad with power. Pretty dark eh?Also maybe a prequel to Metru Nui too. Lhikan's Toa Team maybeh?

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I figure we're going to have to wait another three years if it comes back at all. :PI really don't know how I'd want the storyline to return. I imagine it might be set on some sort of planet that was a side project of some renegade Great Beings, but I haven't thought about it that much.All I want for the sets is for them to be more pin-and-axle-based, with no more of this cladding/plating-based Hero Factory cookie-cutter stuff. I understand that might be even less likely in any sets than for BIONICLE itself to return, but like I said, that's really all I want to see in sets. I own zero non-Titan Hero Factory sets for that reason.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r::~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

• 3 months later...
Personally I don't think I want it back. But if it did I's hope it be rebooted on a different planet. Spherus Magna is nice and all but I feel that the combining of the moons ended that story. So maybe on a different planet with different characters and a slightly stronger emphasis on story. Not a particularly large emphasis but still a strong emphasis.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb