IC: JayneThe shrapnel pinged off of Sieg's armor, as the mech took aim once more. The beam attacks had continued on, and struck the ground on which the gathered Ultimates stood. They wouldn't be able to escape completely, the sheer blanketing effect of the onslaught was too great.With a single command, Sieg opened fire once more, blanketing the area around the Ultimates in sheer destructive power. Several missiles fired from the compartments in its shoulders, aimed for the Blackbird, but following different courses to prevent X-Bones from being able to block them. Not that he would be able to see well enough to anyway, considering the smoke and dust kicked up by Jayne's previous attacks.IC: ShadowShadow was rather surprised by the sudden move, and out of reflex, a pistol appeared in her hand. "I don't think I understand what you mean."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Elijah:"Don't make my mistakes," Elijah said, gently but firmly taking the pistol and setting it aside, despite any complaints that Victoria may have given. "Don't let yourself get blinded by petty lust, love, whatever you want to call it. Don't run off from where you are, where you have friends enough who love you. One person isn't worth all the others-if they want you to run off with them, that's a sure sign that you're on unsteady grounds and the relationship will end, no matter what." He leaned forwards slightly, his eyes pleading and commanding at the same time."Promise me all of these things. I don't want anybody to go through the same problems I did...and I sure as 'ell don't want anybody I actually know-however little-to go through them."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Shadow"I can't promise that."Shadow said simply. "I can't promise that, because I can't understand the emotions and factors that would even lead to such a decision.""My entire life was stolen from me. I have no context for emotions, and I find all but the simplest too difficult to deal with. I have to categorize friendships without any context, any system, to do so. I have to hope I'm right, and hope that that friendship isn't anything more or less than I think it is.""I cannot promise that, because I cannot understand the emotion that would make me do something as irrational as leave. I cannot understand love, or anything like it."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: The heat of the beam expanding the air caused enough wind to blow the dust out of X-Bones eyes. As the Seig's firing pattern was random enough thanks to Jayne's tactics, and off-kilter enough thanks to the bombardment that he was currently not in the firing line he kept his own attacks up. A second hand materialised and joined the first one-restored from its net shape-and grabbed the weaponry of the Jibryaail. Since it was also flying the problem of weight was negated, just as it was with the Seig. But his intent this time wasn't to swing the mech. He just turned it. Nw the beams it was firing were heading towards the Seig and Dunamis. The beauty of this was that even if the Jibryaail corrected itself the beams had already been fired. And since they moved at lightspeeds, the other two mechs wouldn't have time to dodge. The weaponry clearly packed a punch, should send the mechs flying even if it didn't scratch the armour

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC-Elijah:Elijah looked deep into Victoria's eyes, hoping beyond hope that she was just joking, that she would soon rescind what she had said, and make the promise he so desperately asked for. But he could see the truth in her eyes, and hear it in her words. She couldn't do what he asked, because she didn't know how to do so truthfully.His grip on her hands slackened slightly, giving her the easy ability to leave if she wished to, while he hung his head again."Not much that I can do then, is there?" he asked, his voice husky with how he felt. "If you don't understand, and all..."IC-Sayf:Sayf watched as the beams were deflected off of Dunamis's mirror-polished armour, his mech not moving a bit. Although, there was a bit of heat damage, and some molten debris was running off. He quickly checked his mech's status-there was a hole burnt through a front armour plate, exposing some wiring beneath."Yay for brand new, still in mint-condition mechs," he said. "Or, at least, almost. So, my first ride in this mech...And it takes this damage. Katherine is going to be so happy with me."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: Shadow"I suppose not." Shadow said. She felt sorry for him, sorry that his life had taken so many wrong turns, sorry she couldn't even give him the courtesy to say she wouldn't agree. Because she couldn't agree or disagree.I wish I understood, but I don't. And Im not sure I ever will."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Elijah:Elijah swallowed, willing down another storm of sobs as he did so, nodding his head with Victoria's words."It's alright," he said, reassuring her, patting her hand again. "I understand." A blatant lie, but he had nothing else to say."So, uh...Wanna practice that guitar again?" he asked, looking up. "Or just listen to music, or something?" Anything, please.

profiles i guess

IC: Tali had just finished when Shawn came down. "Just got done. I'll see if I can find the source. You run around and warn everyone else."IC: Jared paused. Something didn't seem right. An slight beeping persisted in the sim, way out of place. "Guys, I think something's wrong." Jared moved out of cover, promptly getting nailed in the chest. He was kicked from the sim, and his legs returned to normal. The beeping revealed itself as the fire alarm. Jared ran to the console and deactivated the sim.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: ShadowGently, Shadow pulled her hand way. "Um... I should go."She stood, and made for the door. She didn't run, but her stride was most certainly quicker than normal. She had to escape, she couldn't take it any longer. Talking with the music teacher had been great, it had made part of her remember skills she used to have. But it had also done the worst possible thing; it had made her wonder what was missing. What in her heart or her head was missing, or had gone so horribly wrong that she couldn't understand what most people understood from birth.She couldn't understand what love was. She couldn't understand friendship, she couldn't understand any of it. And it was driving her mad. She couldn't understand what had been so important to Elijah that he would have behaved so foolishly in his past, what could possibly make someone behave that way. She walked through the halls with no real purpose, she just walked, as if by walking she could find her answer.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Sayf watched as the beams were deflected off of Dunamis's mirror-polished armour, his mech not moving a bit."Yay for brand new, still in mint-condition mechs," he said.
Okay, I draw the line at that. I've tried being fair up to now but that just goes too farEven ignoring the fact that, with all the dust and debris raised, your mech isn't going to be mirror shiny, I don't think a military-mecha grade beam weapon is going to be deflected that easily. Its a cannon, not a laser pointer. Even if you say it has no concussive force since its a laser (though looking at Gundam's post it may be a bullet, which would) there's still the heat which, since your mech still has the properties of metal according to its paragraph, would be nicely conducted to you and the no-doubt sensitive wiring you use to run the thing.These mechs are huge and strong but with non of the lack of agility you might expect, invincible, have enough fire power to level a city, can literally auto-dodge, can fly and, if the Seig's repeated salvos are anything to go by, have apparently limitless ammo. Thats six (seven if you count the heightened agility) abilities while the rest of us are limited to three. And since they don't have character profiles they don't have a specified weakness. No, the pilots being normal humans doesn't count because those normal humans are safe and sound inside big invincible robot suits. I've tried finding weakness such as attacking sensors or workable tactics such as using their own weaponry against them, but just get shot down because, as I may have mentioned, they're big invincible robots.This. Is. Godmodding.I'm not asking to be allowed to win. I am asking to be given a fair fight. One where I might stand a chance due to decent RPing. Instead I'm faced with post after post of big invincible robots shrugging off anything I can do while launching attacks which only haven't killed us all outright because they can't without permission. Please, somebody do something about this Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC-Elijah:Elijah watched as Victoria walked a way, barely remembering to mumble a short "Bye" as she left the room. Once she left, he looked at the guitar sitting on the table by him, smaller, slightly, than most guitars, with a slightly different contour to the sides, to better fit a female body shape. He sighed, stepping away from the guitar-he'd leave it there, in case Victoria came back-as he walked over to the one instrument that couldn't be hung on the wall-an upright Piano, one he liked to play once in a while. He sat down, testing a few notes, and in a second or so found himself playing a familiar melody, one he'd played by himself a few months ago. He closed his eyes, his clear voice starting to ring out as he began to sing."Oceans apart...Day after day..." he swallowed."And I slowly go insane...""I hear your voice...On the line...""But it doesn't stop the pain." He leaned back slightly, going with the music for a few moments, lost to the outside world."If I see you next to never...how can we say forever..." The chorus:"Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you. Whatever it takes, or how my heart breaks, I will be right here, waiting for you..." his voice slowly trailed off, unable to complete the song. Not because of everything just compounding together from earlier, no. He wasn't sure just who he was singing for.OOC: Ha, Adders, I know what you meant with my thing-I was going up to edit that anyways, considering it more of a placeholder by now than anything useful. :P Agility, though, if they're in the air, you can expect them to be able to move fast. After all, they are military grade battle mechs, as you so aptly put. On the ground, it's more them being big and able to take big steps, or bigger jumps. They won't be able to turn on a dime, or anything such as that. Level a city-never really considered it that way. Unlimited Ammo: I haven't fired a shot, and I'm not sure with Seig. It's supposed to be a big, walking gunship-esque thing, so I'm not too sure what the ammo would be like with one of those.Auto-Dodge: I've always assumed that, with all the computers required to run this thing, it would have some basic sort of A.I. within, and that would only be there to help compensate for the slow reactions of a human, or, if the pilot is incapacitated, to get them out of harms way until help can come.Big and Strong: Well, if something was going to be big, it'd kinda have to be strong in that case. So there.Flight: That one is obvious, guilty as charged.Invincible: As I said, I was editing my 'placeholder' post, if you will, so obviously you can tell that's not the issue.Although, heat being conducted to the pilot: I would assume that these things, when flying about, would generate enough heat themselves from the various motors and the friction of between the armour and the atmostphere that they would have some pretty good insulation to protect both the wiring and the pilot.

profiles i guess

OOC: I was gonna call em out, but no one listens. Unless you have a PERFECT mirror, the laser is gonna do some damage. Maybe not much, but some.IC: Tali grinned at Shawn, then followed the smoke to the fire. she ripped a nearby faucet off, then redirected the stream onto the blaze, trying to contain it.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I feel like I just got one big ninja just now.Hmm...I have a question for you, though.

Power(S): Alec's right arm is devoid of flesh, muscle or skin, simply a mass of bones held together by a nebulous turquoise energy. He can shift the bones of this skeletal arm into various shapes ranging from the obvious (fusing it into one giant knife) or the subtle (transforming a finger into a lockpick). He can also manipulate the energy that holds his arm together, using it to form other basic constructs (a large protective wall, for instance) or just firing blasts of it. Since it has a tendency to vaporise whatever it hits its a highly potent weapon, though overuse could result in his arm simply falling apart with nothing to hold it
Where in there does it say that he can make giant Makuta-esque shadow hands to grab these big mechs and pull them about like ragdolls? It says he could form a basic construct like a shield wall, but I can't see anything there stating that there is both enough of this odd energy to form these huge hands with little problem from, say, loss of energy, and I would assume something along the lines of "overuse" might include grasping these big mechs and then pulling them about like ragdolls, y'know? Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: A large portion of those pointes were addressed mostly toward Kal, but I'll handle the ones that include me here.Sieg has shown no spectacular agility, merely the capacity to counter forces that would affect its flight. And seeing as he transforms into what is essentially a large fighter jet, that makes sense. Sieg doesn't have limitless ammo, but he does have a lot, especially since most of his weapons are energy based. And again, this makes sense, because he is built to be a walking artillery platform. He has missiles stored in his shoulders, and considering the size of him and the missiles, he can hold lots of them. He isn't nearly as fast as the others, he makes up for it with firepower and armor. And, I'm going to be perfectly honest, we aren't the only ones not taking damage. X-Bones should, all things considered, at least be hurt by now. He's gone through several barrages of attack without a scratch, despite the blanket effect of said barrages.IC: JayneJayne cursed, as the beam attack slammed into Sieg.A glance at the displays in th cockpit informed him that the damage wasn't crippling, but it was severe. The beam has struck not far below the cockpit, and melted away most of the armor in the affected area. All things considered, it could be worse, but he would definitely need that repaired.He opened a private comm to Sayf. "Sayf, fall back, and start sniping. It's what Dunamis is built for. Two and I will handle things up close."As he spoke, he fired a single burst from his weapons, along with a small number of missiles.OOC: Also, the Ultimates really should be in more trouble than they've been stated to be. There have been several unblocked beam attacks, as well as missiles that should have impacted with the Blackbird. We have at least been stating the effects of attacks, so I would appreciate the same, and at least have reactions to our attacks.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Shawn IC: Shawn looks at all the smoke. "I can get this done faster than you...I will spend less time in the smoke, so there will be less of a chance that I will pass out...and besides...a lot of people in this institute look to you for guidance, if something happens to you...you will be missed."

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.

IC: (Sarah Jackson)Sarah wasn't able to block the kick fast enough. It hit her in the face, and she was out, in a second, only up long enough to put her revolver back into its holster, the she dropped, her wings folding in. (Scott Jackson)"What, Jared, NO!" Scott yelled as he saw Jared get derezed, and then the sim shut down. Scott then notice a box that had popped up in the bottme of his HUD, that the fire alarm had been set off. "We need to get out of here, the fire alarm been pulled."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: ShadowShadow didn't know how long she wandered. In fact, it didn't really matter to her. The time, the why, and the how didn't matter nearly so much as the destination. She ended up at the door to Alaric's dorm.She supposed it made sense, that this was where she would go. It was one of the few places that she felt like she could think, the only other being her own dorm. And there were too many bad memories associated with that place for her to want to go there. She opened the door quietly, and stepped inside.And was met with an unexpected sight. The owner of the room was present, perched on his bed, staring out the window. But what was most surprising was the fact that he was crying. Not just a little either, he was crying hard. In an instant, she forgot her own preoccupations. They could wait.Before Alaric could register her presence, she had approached and sat down on the edge of his bed. "What's wrong, Ric?"

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

Shawn IC: "Yeah...even so..I bet people actually care about you...ahh nothing..forget what you just heard." Shawn says scratching his head. "Sorry I was kind of rambling hahaha, let me just take care of that wall." Shawn says nervously, He then jumps up and kicks out the part of the wall that Tali instructed him too.

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.

IC-Elijah:Elijah sighed, still moving around, unable to sit down. He couldn't think of anything to play, anything to go and do, he just felt the need to do something, anything to take his mind off of what it now thought of. He didn't even have anybody to teach, now, seeing as his classes didn't start until tomorrow. There was no music he could think to listen to, no movies he might watch...He sighed, shaking his head. The same feeling he'd felt when first he left, and after Violet had died, that was the one plaguing him. The need to ignore everything that was happening at the moment, and run from it, to do something else to help him forget it. It wasn't a good strategy, but he didn't know another one, and that was why he was so miserable.He sat down, again, burying his face in his hands, shaking his head slowly. He didn't know what had compelled him to give away all those memories, what compelled him even to follow into that conversation in the first place, and definitely not what was making him try to get Victoria to make that promise. He was so confused, disoriented, none of the pieces fitting together like they were supposed to.And the worst part: He didn't know how to fix it. Only how to make it worse.

profiles i guess

IC: Nero jerked in his seat as he heard Shawn shout out to him. "Didn't see that coming..." He murmured, before pushing his hearing hard, trying to hear if there were any voices or rough breathing, or anything helpful coming from inside the mansion.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Power:all of the sudden the simulation stopped, Nat looked around, there was an alarm going off Nat didn't know what it was for, still it seemed like a good idea to find out. Nat ran up the to the first floor looked outside and saw people gathering it's a fire he thought he didn't know where the fire was but he did know running around in a burning building wouldn't help it. Going out side Nat saw what looked like the hole school, Nat didn't know anyone except for a few of the ones in the Danger room he began to wounder where they were.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

IC: Spirit"Fire alarm? I'm gonna go check it out." Will flew off in spirit form to the fire then returned to the danger room. "The fire isn't to big,hey Francesca if I spirit you over there can you use your powers to turn the air around the fire to something not flammable?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

Name: Lilliana SchinderCodename: IcitineAge:18Gender: femaleFaction: Weapon XPower(S): Ice and water.Appearance: Lilliana is about 5ft 4 and has an athletic build. Her eyes are bright sea blue and look well with her bright,long, blonde hair. She has pale, fair skin that make her eyes pop out even more. When in combat, she usually keeps her straight blonde hair up in a ponytail. She is quite beautiful yet she is not vain nor does she believe she is attractive.Weapons: Along with her ice and water powers, Lilliana is an excellent swordsman, or woman rather.Skills: Lilliana is well skilled with her two double swords. Weapon X had trained her with the weapons when she was young, starting immediately after her memories had been erased. She also has the ability to basically water bend. Her favorite move is to make a giant dragon out of water and ice. Lilliana is agile as well, graceful and quick, which often gets her out of tight situationsPersonality: Lilliana is headstrong tough in battle, and in general enjoys a good fight. She loves to laugh and has a good sense of humor. She is also a thrill seeker and sometimes pushes her luck in a fight. She can be flirtatious and often uses her appearance to her advantage, knowing that some people find her appealing. Even though she is a part of Weapon X, she has a good heart and does not take pleasure in killing. She always refuses to kill the innocents, much to the dismay of the other members of Weapon X. Lilliana loves kids and never kills in front of children unless absolutely necessary. She also has a soft spot for animals, often playing with stray animals when she is out on missions.Weakness: Lilliana isn’t the strongest of fighters. Physically she is smaller and doesn’t do well if she doesn’t have her swords or if her powers are disabled. She also cannot stand extreme heat since her body temperature is naturally cooler than most.Bio: Lilliana was born in Regensburg, a city in Bavaria, Germany. Her father was in the U.S Army while her mother was a German school teacher that her father had met on his first time in Germany. Neither of her parents were mutants but her grandfather was one and had taught her the basics. Her father was then stationed in the Pentagon and so the family moved to Northern Virginia. Her father had kept the fact that Lilliana was a mutant a secret, fearing that the government would take her. Her parents caught word of Dr. Xavier’s school and quickly enrolled her there at the age of 10. She was already very strong and a promising student at the school. She quickly made friends at the school, including John. She liked to compete with John and showing off in front of him, secretly having a crush on him. But only a year later, Lilliana got the news that her parents were killed and that her grandfather was in D.C to take her to the funeral. She said, what she thought to be, a temporary good bye and headed to the nation’s capital. When she arrived she realized something was wrong. The address her grandfather had given her was an empty and rundown house. As she went to leave, she was attacked and captured by Weapon X, never knowing if her parents were really dead or not. When Weapon X got a hold of her, they wiped her memory. Having no recollection of her life before, she trained for Weapon X becoming a fighting machine. Yet she was never as ruthless and cruel as the other members. She would never kill an innocent person and was often chastised for this. Now she is known as Icitine by her fellow agents.

OOC: Okay, didn't really mention it before...but I've always felt a bit...uneasy with the giant robots ever since they just suddenly showed up. I think...and I'm sure Flex will probably agree with this...that maybe they should have profiles of their own? Also the mechs do seem way overpowered...at least to me. Especially for an RPG that's suppose to be about mutants. The way thinks look right now this mechs can pretty much curb stomp anyone they want, even with good RPing most characters without a mech don't have a chance at all. High tech weapons to give yourself an edge are awesome, like some of the enforcer armor tech or the Iron Man suit etc. But these mechs all seem to be unstoppable kill everything with a couple shots ridiculousness. You can try to argue otherwise but the bottom line is that is just a simple fact. I'm really not trying to start an argument here...but I just wanted voice my concerns is all. :) IC: Whipvine - D.C. -Ashley frowned as the mechs began firing their aburdly massive weaponry, but this did not worry her, as soon as things had started to get heated all the vines she'd been creating and spreading through out the area began to mass together into enormous tendrils of vines, become as thick as a car was wide at least...some were even bigger. They moved to block many of the attacks being fired upon them, which of course severly damaged the vines, cutting them in half, setting them on fire, or just putting huge holes in them, but new vines were quickly replacing the destroyed ones. Unfornutately Ashley didn't have enough time to make them tall enough to actually reach the flying machines, seening as they were cutting them down pretty steadily, the best she could do for the moment was play defensively. She was also taking great care to make sure the Blackbird remained unharmed, seening as it was their only escape. Jayne's small amout of missles were quickly smached by a massive vine, which of course destroyed it, sending plant parts everywhere. IC: Windrider - D.C. -I had been flying almost a good hour when I spotted those enormous robots that had nearly kill us all on Riker's Island. Perfect! It was time for some pay back! I hadn't expected them before...but this time I was ready. Since I was flying rather siliently I wasn't noticed by the curently occupied mechs. I landed on top of the Jibryaail mech, I began to climb my way to the head of the mech and then bent over till my head would appear upside down in the eye massive robot, I assumed that whoever was piloting could now see me. I gave him an obnoxious smile. "Well hello my good chap! Can you give me directions? I seem to have lost my way on the way to Cleveland..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Well I guess when it rains, it pours. I also am having issues with the unstoppable, adamantium-strength plastic gundams. It really bothers me that they are so powerful, that just one can take on the whole Brotherhood AND the collective inmates of Riker's Island with only a couple of mutants and a couple of humans for backup, and they seemingly have an answer for everything that could possibly go wrong internally, rarely get hurt, have apparently limitless ammunition and practically unstoppable lightspeed weapons, can dodge or defend against any attack, and are just overall out of place in this kind of RPG, where everyone else is human sized and limited in ability by comparison, and is usually frowned upon for even attempting to fight on equal terms with these plasti-bots. I really think it should be imperative that there be extremely strict limits and specifically defined capabilities for these robots.In the vein of Snelly, this isn't to start an argument or anything, so much as a voicing of legitimate concerns.IC: Nero continued listening. If anyone needed help, he wanted to make sure he could pass the emergency message along.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Icitine (Weapon-X)Lilliana shot up in bed as she heard the alarm ring through the bulding. She cursed softly under her breath as she quickly pulled on her uniform. The tight fabric was still flexible enough so she could fight easily. As she began to rush to the control room, she glanced back at her swords and quickly tucked them into their scabbards.Lilliana then dashed down the hall and into the control room, the alarm ringing in her ears. She stopped and gazed at the large hole in the ground, exposing the sewers."What the heck is this?" She said to herself, peering down.

Edited by rawrmouse

IC: (Blake Raynkin)Blake had been sleeping after his gaming session. He wasn't getting much sleep, as normal, and the alarm woke him up quickly. He had been outside for a bit, waiting now. (Scott Jackson)"Lets get going. rather not be trapped here if the building his coming down." He then what Will said. "Oh, well then, we should still get going."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)