Movie Changes

Sybre

MOL: The Matoran were WAAAAY to child-sounding. give them older voices. the rahkshi needed a re-do too.

TLMN: all the toa really needed more character development.

WOS: Sidorak needs to be smarter. okay, let him get smashed by Keetongu, but do it in a better way, like if Keetongu woke up and shook the ground, making him colapse. then smash him.

TLR: nothing here, really. I don't see wht Kiina needed a new voice actor. I think she was nailed voice-wise.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

​Also, the Rahkshi in MoL looked like deformed ninjas. The bodies were fine, but not the heads.

And you know what would have been cool? Spinoffs! They could make movies for the Dark Hunters, Brotherhood of Makuta, and even the Toa Hagah and Matoran. The Dark Hunters and Hagah desperately need a movie because LoMN and WoS didn't explain the characters very well. When I first saw LoMN, I was confused about Nidhiki calling Lhikan "brother".

Edited by Sybre of the Green

mindeth the cobwebs

​Also, the Rahkshi in MoL looked like deformed ninjas. The bodies were fine, but not the heads.

And you know what would have been cool? Spinoffs! They could make movies for the Dark Hunters, Brotherhood of Makuta, and even the Toa Hagah and Matoran. The Dark Hunters and Hagah desperately need a movie because LoMN and WoS didn't explain the characters very well. When I first saw LoMN, I was confused about Nidhiki calling Lhikan "brother".

Everyone was until 2005. I think spinoffs would have been awesome, but they probably would have taken more money than they would have generated.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Problem is they're Bio-Mechanical, I personnaly think the first three did an awesomeJob representing the Toa. In my opinion the movie versions are the closest to the "real" canon form. And Bonesii from S&T agrees with that too.

The bio stuff seems to me more like it's the insides. So basically, in a fight it looks like robots that bleed.

I remember back when the sets were the characters, in everyone's eyes. The original intention of Bionicle was that the sets were the exact and only possible way for the character to look. Logic dictates that the first 3 movies wouldn't end up being the main "canon" form.

In fact, first time I saw the movie characters, I was thinking, "WHAAAAT. This doesn't look right at all!"

I'm not saying that the set-style, promotional animation design was perfect (It was a bit gappy), but I'd rather have movie characters in the TLR animation style. Looks more canon and set-like.

But if we had the animation quality of TLR with the designs shown in that picture I linked to, that would be just sheer awesome. In my opinion, that's probably the best thing that could ever happen to Bionicle graphics and artistic style. (And don't call me vain, because I didn't make that picture.)

I always hated the idea of humanizing Bionicle. Greg did say they were 85% mechanical and 15% organic, but the movies look 60% mechanical and 40% organic.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

MoL: Make all the matoran in the beggining have differnt masks. I really want to know what a miru would like MoL style.

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

One thing that always bothered me was in The Mask of Light. Miramax always did pretty good with converting the books into movies because the final product was basically word for word of the novels. However, even with these movies, they left some things out that would have made the films as emotionally dramatic as the books. They took out almost a whole chapter in the Mask of Light film that was in the book. The chapter was called "Buried Alive" and it explained why Gali said, "Brothers, we thought we lost you," to Pohatu and Onua right before the Rakshi fight and Jaller's death scene. The two toa tried to reach the other toa when the cavern collapsed. Gali and the others watch as the cavern crushes Pohatu and Onua with Gali even attempting to jump into the danger to save them but is stopped by Kopaka. Not the most emotional scene in the book series, but would have made the film all the more rich in a sense that non-Bionicle fans could understand how serious these stories really are.

Also, in Web of Shadows, the character of Sidorahk was toned down immensely! In the book, he is powerful and truly evil--Roodaka is even scared of him mentioning several times that she would not directly cross his path. When her plot to kill him takes place, she hides right before Keetongu revives so Sidorahk doesn't personally kill her before he dies. For the reason of comedy relief in one of the darkest stories in the series, they softened a very menacing and frightening character that would have made the "top ten coolest villains list" if he hadn't been recreated by screen writers. The intruding awkward comedic blurbs and details in this Bionicle film ruined the entire atmosphere of this sinister story.

Other than that, I think the voice-acting was superb with some of the most experienced voice actors (don't even get me started on Scott Mcneil--I'm drooling already).

Yeah well the Bohrok attack was before the events in MoL, and those were frozen ones, Krana-less leftovers from the attack.

But remember the Bohrok Kal.

Nah, IMO that would have needlessly complicated the movie and probably made it worse.

Huh. Well, I could agree with you. I thought the Bohrok would make the movie more exciting, but I kinda see things your way better on this.

mindeth the cobwebs

One thing that always bothered me was in The Mask of Light. Miramax always did pretty good with converting the books into movies because the final product was basically word for word of the novels. However, even with these movies, they left some things out that would have made the films as emotionally dramatic as the books. They took out almost a whole chapter in the Mask of Light film that was in the book. The chapter was called "Buried Alive" and it explained why Gali said, "Brothers, we thought we lost you," to Pohatu and Onua right before the Rakshi fight and Jaller's death scene. The two toa tried to reach the other toa when the cavern collapsed. Gali and the others watch as the cavern crushes Pohatu and Onua with Gali even attempting to jump into the danger to save them but is stopped by Kopaka. Not the most emotional scene in the book series, but would have made the film all the more rich in a sense that non-Bionicle fans could understand how serious these stories really are.

Also, in Web of Shadows, the character of Sidorahk was toned down immensely! In the book, he is powerful and truly evil--Roodaka is even scared of him mentioning several times that she would not directly cross his path. When her plot to kill him takes place, she hides right before Keetongu revives so Sidorahk doesn't personally kill her before he dies. For the reason of comedy relief in one of the darkest stories in the series, they softened a very menacing and frightening character that would have made the "top ten coolest villains list" if he hadn't been recreated by screen writers. The intruding awkward comedic blurbs and details in this Bionicle film ruined the entire atmosphere of this sinister story.

Other than that, I think the voice-acting was superb with some of the most experienced voice actors (don't even get me started on Scott Mcneil--I'm drooling already).

There was a buried alive scene and Sidorak was actually an epic villain?

Wow. I would have liked WoS if Sidorak wasn't a bumbling fool. Someone who frightened Roodaka out of attacking him directly...wow. And in the movie his laser gets put to shame by Roodaka's.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah well the Bohrok attack was before the events in MoL, and those were frozen ones, Krana-less leftovers from the attack.

But remember the Bohrok Kal.
Nah, IMO that would have needlessly complicated the movie and probably made it worse.
Huh. Well, I could agree with you. I thought the Bohrok would make the movie more exciting, but I kinda see things your way better on this.
Well there's another reason why. The movie's called Mask of Light for a reason, which is focusing around the finding of the Avohkii and the quest for the Seventh Toa.

Having also read the novelizations of the movies, I agree with this 100%. MoL had other scenes that were cut as well, ones that would really have added to the story. For example, Jaller jumping on the Ash Bear seems just ridiculous in the movie, while the movie explains why Jaller actually did what he did and made him seem more than just some immature child with no idea how to fight (although he's the captain of the guard!)

And the Sidorak thing is true as well. Although Roodaka didn't hide at any phase, I think.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

Do any of you think the Bohrok should have played a bigger role in MOL? Only one Bohrok appeared for no more than 3 seconds.

Yes, but only because they showed a Bohrok. If they had taken it out altogether, then it would be fine. Mask of Light introduced me to Bionicle, as I'm sure it did to many others, and I remember the first time I watched that part I was so confused. I didn't know why they were scared, or what the heck a Bohrok a was. Because the filmmakers put it in there, Bio-newcomers definitely get confused and ask questions, (of course questions get people interested and interest show money for the LEGO company).

It would have been cool if there were some Bohrok that were still wandering the island and Lewa, or somebody would have to save Jaller and Takua from them instead of from a bear. But then there'd be the need for an additional 3 minutes of explanation and that cost money in the eyes of a production company.

Having also read the novelizations of the movies, I agree with this 100%. MoL had other scenes that were cut as well, ones that would really have added to the story. For example, Jaller jumping on the Ash Bear seems just ridiculous in the movie, while the movie explains why Jaller actually did what he did and made him seem more than just some immature child with no idea how to fight (although he's the captain of the guard!)

And the Sidorak thing is true as well. Although Roodaka didn't hide at any phase, I think.

Agreed as well about Jaller being macho Captain of the Guard. Just makes me all the more upset how they didn't make another trilogy about the Legends series and Jaller becoming toa. (You're right about Roodaka hiding. I checked).

Yay 100th reply !!! Anyway I would've made the bionicles look like bionicles not some bootleg one like they did in the films

How do they look like bootlegs? They look pretty cool.

well i understand what you are saying but the rahkshi didnt really look like rahkshi, i just think that the bionicles should like as close to the real sets as possible (like organic stuff is okay) but i think the way TLR looked more real to the sets than the other films,

and the bootleg part is because scaling and proportions were off and it wasnt like a super set accurate scan of the toys, and usually bootlegs look like that

LOMN: I would focus a little on the morbuzakh (because they didn't even mention or show the morbuzakh except for when vakama was hanging upside down with a great disk in his mouth) and maybe change the way the toa looked to look a little more like the sets

2xu8Ptu.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MOL: I wouldn't know what to change for plot and other things like that. But what i would change is the fact that we didn't get to see more of the koros. I want to see more of what was seen in the MNOG and MNOGII. Just more and more of how the island of mata nui looks. As well that one deleted scene of how Makuta explains how is other plans failed. As well the beginning of the movie, i would like a clip show of the last two years before the mask of light. As well give the other characters who we have come to love from the pevious two years more screen time and voice time.

LOM: I would say, more of showing off the different metru's and show off how busy the actual city of legends really is, other than just sticking all the matoran in the colosiem, and not giving the city a ghost effect.

WOS: I would say, just make the story a little less borad.

As for design, i would say, switch up the masks, i'm tired of seeing all noble masks in the back ground.

As for the last one, i don't know much about that story line. I more paid attention to how the matoran universe was dealing with at the moment.

But i would say, MIRAMAX, WHERE WERE YOU!

485585_528817960493060_1878734144_n.jpg

I'm surprised how many people wanted Takanuva and Makuta to fight in Mask of Light. Personally, I think the idea of a Kolhii match to decide the fate of the Matoran is way cooler than any more violent fight could have been. It also plays perfectly into Teridax's personality as a trickster and manipulator-- presenting his confrontation with Takanuva as a game is an excellent way of messing with the Toa of Light's mind.

When I first saw it, this scene was the defining characterisation of Makuta for about nine years for me.

I don't know why people hate the cheesy dialogue so much. It's kind of funny, and relaxed babbu Helen into the movies. Believe me, the films were almost perfect for the target demographic, though I'd put a bit more symbolism into it, like the yin-yang in the Matau and Vakama bit in WoS. Wow, that sentence was kind of silly.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Now, assuming that this would let us have a bit of control over the canon...

I think the first movie would have been great if we had a bit at the beginning showing us the Toa Mata's arrival, the Rahi, Bohrok and transformation. You know, as a 10 to 20-minute prologue to set everything up. Also, tone up the fight scenes a little bit and maybe add a couple of infected matoran. The ending would also be more serious and we would actually see the Turaga lead everyone into Metru Nui instead of three of them standing and casting a beam of light. Also, Matau and Whenua would get more lines, I don't think they spoke a word. At least Onewa had 2 lines in the thing so his model was worth it. That and Matoran in the background should also wear mata masks and not just nobles.

For the second, I think we could have done with a proper introduction to Lhikahn and better establishment of his link to Nidhiki. The line "you lost the right to call me Brother long ago" really didn't tell me much about their relationship. Also, for the longest time I thought nidhiki was a girl. He just sounds like a woman putting on a raspy voice after smoking. When I first saw LOMN i thought Lhikan was Jaller and went "what the Kane-Ra? When did Jaller become a Toa?!". Also, I think the search for the Great Disks should have been fleshed out a little and they could have been given reason to their lack of elemental power usage. Also, I'm still confused about that scene where Dume is talking to Makuta. I mean Dume would never have gone along with the plan so wasn't he in a pod at this time? How can Makuta be two beings at once, or was he just talking to himself? Gah.

Oh, and the 6 fake prophecised matoran would also play a role, and we'd see the big fight that happens on the way to Metru Nui. And I'd drop the Matau/Nokama relationship thing. Also, Nuju makes a vow at the end to only speak in riddles and gestures.

For Web of Shadows, I wouldn't touch too much. It seemed fine on its own. But perhaps a bit more of the Rhotuka usage and a little more backstory on the Rahaga would have been good. I mean they didn't really say much other than "I'm a Rahaga, and these are my fellows". Also in my version Keetongu doesn't kill Sidorak, but rather the Visorak seemingly devour him Lion King-style. A little extra information being given about Roodaka which doesn't require browsing through the DVD extras would be a nice touch as well.

Ideally, for TLR, I'd stop it existing entirely. But if I had to, I'd make sure it be made by not-tinseltown. I would probably start the film with the establishment of what happened during the Voya/Mahri Nui and Karda Nui arcs (particularly showcasing finding the Mask of Life, maybe show Velika for foreshadowing, Matoro's Death and the Toa Mata re-awakening the GSR. Then we see a movie version of everyone rejoicing in Metru Nui when Makuta reveals he's taken over. Cue Mask of Life with Mata Nui being thrown into space and landing on SM. The Iron Tribe gets more coverage, the Glatorians get trained to use their new powers, Mata Nui's fight against Tuma almost ends in a loss and transforms Tuma as a result, then they put together the giant robot and part two is about the massive fight and we get to see Tahu pwning rahkshi.

On a sub-not, TLR would also have its soundtrack replaced with the beautiful original trilogy's.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

If you could make ANY changes to ANY official BIONICLE movie, which one(s) would it/they be and what changes would you make? Changes as in voice-acting, scenes, plot, anything.My changes would be voice-acting wise. I would do a backflip in my seat if Tobey Maguire and/or Chuck Norris had voice-acted someone. Also, I would make certain characters make cameos in every movie except Web of Shadows (I have nothing against that movie).So, what will you change?-Sybre

I would make the characters not look so... ick. They looked like cartoons, not biomechanical bosses. I would have them look just like the toys. I mean maybe add more details to make them look more realistic, but no other changes.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I thought they looked fine. My only real issue was Tahu's mask - you know the scene in Mask of Light where he's falling from a lavafall? Pay close attention, and his mask FLAPS. ew. Just, ew.

Current (still-living) BZRPG Characters:
LITOZEN (Toa of Sonics) SANCHII (Toa of Air)
THENTYLE (Toa of Earth) MALKAN (Ta-Matoran)

CELITE (Turaga of Lightning)

Oh, what if we heard the bird language in Mask of Light or Web of Shadows? I've always wanted to hear it verbally from a canon source.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I thought they looked fine. My only real issue was Tahu's mask - you know the scene in Mask of Light where he's falling from a lavafall? Pay close attention, and his mask FLAPS. ew. Just, ew.

But they didn't look anything like the sets. I would have them look more like the Toa from the animated commercials.

And for certain masks, i would have a mouth piece that moves as they talk, like the Kakama, but for the Hau, i would have the 'mouth' just be a hole and have the actual mouth of the Toa be seen and move behind it.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

But they didn't look anything like the sets. I would have them look more like the Toa from the animated commercials. And for certain masks, i would have a mouth piece that moves as they talk, like the Kakama, but for the Hau, i would have the 'mouth' just be a hole and have the actual mouth of the Toa be seen and move behind it.

But they didn't look anything like the sets. I would have them look more like the Toa from the animated commercials. And for certain masks, i would have a mouth piece that moves as they talk, like the Kakama, but for the Hau, i would have the 'mouth' just be a hole and have the actual mouth of the Toa be seen and move behind it.
They weren't supposed to look like the sets. The movies appearances are supposed to be more canon than the sets.