Best Out Of The "worst"

Lewa Krom

I find that years that were not as terrific for Bionicle, IMO, have some of the best Bionicle stories hidden within them. For example, the commonly disliked 2005 had Time Trap, a story that many claim is the best. Other examples: My favorite short story, "The Mountain", was in one of the less than stellar storylines, the Bohrok-Kal. My favorite story serial, "Reign of Shadows", was in a year I didn't really enjoy. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

I did notice that with Reign of Shadows (despite the Skrall that appeared that year), but I've never heard of a short story called "The Mountain". Please enlighten me

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

knuckles chaotix - Sort of. More like some of the best material coming out of the years you liked the least. Makuta of Oz - It's in the Tales of the Masks book. (I count most of those as individual short stories IMO)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

"Every cloud has a silver lining?" 01 - Awesome robot-organic things02 - Ditto03 - Ditto, but in CGI and with cute voices!04 - Ditto, ditto, and Vakama is a brit! Yay! Because Britsh characters are always awesome. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png05 - Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, and ANGSTY BRIT! I can go on, but I'll bore you with my biomechanical fangasms.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Never really enjoyed the story year for '05, but it had its good qualities. Vakama turning to the dark side of the force ruined it for me a little bit. However, the movie was pretty good, and Matau was an awesome character and resulted as a nemisis/ally to Vakama.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I enjoyed most of the story years, including 2010 to some extent, except 2009. For some reason, the Glatorian concept really never appealed to me. All I got out of that year's story that I enjoyed were memes pertaining to TLR. :PJk, sort of.

~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

Late 2008 had some of the uh... less popular Toa designs, but it had Krika, who's design I loved. It also had "The Final Battle", which was the awesomest book ever.

Edited by Jovan2

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."