Greg Farshtey's Status

All that we can do is wait to hear from him. 7 months doesn't make it the end any more than 1 month or 6 months did. I can't say it looks good, but there's honestly no use commenting on Greg's status any more until we know more than we do. Also, BIONICLE isn't over when new story serials aren't coming out. We just got six short stories canonized and there's another contest still in the works. We are still here, so BIONICLE is still here.

Losing hope? I'm not losing hope! I got hope! Why would I lose hope? No sense in losing hope!Could I possibly use the word "hope" more times? Yes, but I wont!With family to take care of, and LEGO throwing him the job of Ninjago and such, he might just have Writing Freeze.(Same as Blank Page Syndrome... I can tell ya out of expieriance, its terrible!)

Edited by Tattorack

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

If he gives up, I'm sure that there will be SOMEONE who'll pick it up...(Granted, if GregF gives permission...)

It wouldn't be same without good 'ol Greg. The past decade or so he's spent with Bionicle has really got me attached to his writing style.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

BNG, doing well? Really? After the teaser trailer (say what you will about it), they pretty much dissolved.

from what I know, they are still working. I pmed Lewa krom a week ago and he told me that they were doing well on a separate place, so the downtime barely hindered them. you can see al the progress on the models on brickshelf, etc.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Losing hope? I'm not losing hope! I got hope! Why would I lose hope? No sense in losing hope!Could I possibly use the word "hope" more times? Yes, but I wont!With family to take care of, and LEGO throwing him the job of Ninjago and such, he might just have Writing Freeze.(Same as Blank Page Syndrome... I can tell ya out of expieriance, its terrible!)

7-month long writing freeze? It's over, man.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

7-month long writing freeze? It's over, man.
I once had Blank Page Syndrome for 6 months, after that when the inspiration finally found my thingers I couldn't be stopped for two weeks ^^

If he gives up, I'm sure that there will be SOMEONE who'll pick it up...(Granted, if GregF gives permission...)

It wouldn't be same without good 'ol Greg. The past decade or so he's spent with Bionicle has really got me attached to his writing style.
Star Trek is still great dispite the fact GeneR is dead ^^

BNG, doing well? Really? After the teaser trailer (say what you will about it), they pretty much dissolved.

from what I know, they are still working. I pmed Lewa krom a week ago and he told me that they were doing well on a separate place, so the downtime barely hindered them. you can see al the progress on the models on brickshelf, etc.
I'm sorry to say, but he kinda mislead you there. I was on said place a month ago, and they have gotten to progress on any of the movies we missed and that they promised us. As of late, they've almost gone into hiding, and started this huge multi-media project, but no movie progress. Go see for yourself if I'm wrong.And man, I hope Greg is okay. I'm sure he is, but I would like to know for sure. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.sig.png

lazy_life_3.0_banner.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Three Virtues | Eljay: The Becoming | BioCraft: Chronicles

Go give a read to an amazing epic,

Seven Lives... Two Faces, written by Kini Hawkeye!

I'm sorry to say, but he kinda mislead you there. I was on said place a month ago, and they have gotten to progress on any of the movies we missed and that they promised us. As of late, they've almost gone into hiding, and started this huge multi-media project, but no movie progress. Go see for yourself if I'm wrong.And man, I hope Greg is okay. I'm sure he is, but I would like to know for sure. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.sig.png
Really? Cause last I checked we were still working on some animations. And then there's that where some pros signed up to work a couple of weeks ago. But, then again, what do I know? :PLet's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom(No, I'm not back)EDIT: BZPower Staff - You guys have really slacked on the rules here since I left. I mean, I would have expected someone to come on and tell people to get back on topic. Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Really? Cause last I checked we were still working on some animations. And then there's that where some pros signed up to work a couple of weeks ago. But, then again, what do I know? :PLet's Keep Bionicle Alive,Lewa Krom(No, I'm not back)

see quote above.@eljay: toldja so :P you could have even checked for tyourself with a simple google search on their progress before you posted Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Doesn't his contract with LEGO expire at the end of this year? Has there been any word on that?

What contract he is not leaving right??!!
No. Greg is still working for LEGO as Chief Editor of the LEGO Magazine. LEGO only allowed him to write the serials up to the end of 2011.So Greg still works for LEGO, but he just isn't allowed to write any more serial chapters. It's a shame regardless, though.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Doesn't his contract with LEGO expire at the end of this year? Has there been any word on that?

What contract he is not leaving right??!!
No. Greg is still working for LEGO as Chief Editor of the LEGO Magazine. LEGO only allowed him to write the serials up to the end of 2011.So Greg still works for LEGO, but he just isn't allowed to write any more serial chapters. It's a shame regardless, though.-TNTOS-
No more serials nooooooooooooooo!!! :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu: :pakarinu:

Calm down there, fella.It was never said that Greg "wouldn't be allowed to" write serials after 2011. He simply stated that this is what he expected to do. There's still the potential for more, it's just very, very unlikely given his circumstances.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Calm down there, fella.It was never said that Greg "wouldn't be allowed to" write serials after 2011. He simply stated that this is what he expected to do. There's still the potential for more, it's just very, very unlikely given his circumstances.~|ET|~

I feel a little better but what circumstances is it because of all the stories he has to write?? :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu:

I feel a little better but what circumstances is it because of all the stories he has to write?? :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu: :kaukaunu:
No, apparently it's that Lego doesn't care about promoting a dead toy line anymore.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

No, it because of his new daughter, which he has to take care of during his usual writing time, and also because (likely enough) that the BZP forums were down. Also, this topic is starting to repeat itself...

No, it because of his new daughter, which he has to take care of during his usual writing time, and also because (likely enough) that the BZP forums were down.Also, this topic is starting to repeat itself...
Wonder if his daughter is going to be a hard core BIONICLE fan. :haunu: :haunu: :haunu: :haunu: :haunu: :haunu:

GregF has been an incredible blessing to BZPower, not only for his imaginative and inspiring stories, but also for his exceptional friendliness and accessibility to us fans. I applaud his decision to spend some time with his new little angel (I've been there -- nothing matters more! :wub: ). Eventually she'll be more self-sufficient, and his life will become semi-normal again. Hopefully that will include penning a tidbit of Bionicle lore from time to time. Thanks in advance, LEGO, for sharing Greg's talents with us. ^_^ :kaukaunu:

GaliGee's Stories

GaliGee's Archive

* New chapter September 24 * huriko-journeyintolight-sm.jpgPart II: Peacetime Thanks, Huriko!

d2d-banner-sm.jpg DON'T BUY MY BOOK.

Get someone else to buy it for you! (Preview and order the paperback or ebook)

If you like my Makuta-GaliGee epic dark comedies, you may enjoy my metafiction adventure novel, DRAWN TO DISASTER by Lily Gee.

At www.lilygee.com you can read the first chapter, watch the video trailer, find maps & links, take a trivia quiz, and get e-mail updates.

<3 Thanks for the love, BZPower! If you've read D2D, please review it on Amazon or Smashwords! <3

Well, at least he still remembers us.

I don't reckon he'd ever forget all he's been thru with us :biggrin:I remember my debates with Greg quite fondly... and while we had some (considerable) differences of opinion, I always gave him credit for the time he invested here in the community. I'm sure he'll raise an exceptional little girl.Also, what GSR said.- Heir Edited by Heir of the Chronicler

LfkQ2ln.png

Click the banner. You know you want to.

Shia Lebouf would tell you to just do it.

Well, at least he still remembers us.

I don't reckon he'd ever forget all he's been thru with us :biggrin:I remember my debates with Greg quite fondly... and while we had some (considerable) differences of opinion, I always gave him credit for the time he invested here in the community. I'm sure he'll raise an exceptional little girl.Also, what GSR said.- Heir
I hope he does raise his daughter well.

I'm not being funny, but half of the posts in this topic make me feel like I'm part of some weird cult.It's finished. Can we just accept that and stop getting obsessive and weird about it all?- Tilius

What in Mata Nui do you mean??? :kakama: :kakama: :kakama: :kakama: :kakama:

I'm not being funny, but half of the posts in this topic make me feel like I'm part of some weird cult.It's finished. Can we just accept that and stop getting obsessive and weird about it all?- Tilius

I really have to agree. IMHO, the religious way some people are speaking of BIONICLE and GregF is getting out of hand. It was a good toy line with an interesting story, and it seems the era of having it officially written for us has come to an end. Now, I'm not one of those who wants it to die and never come back, and nor am I one of those who wants to somehow make gigantic, ambitious projects to continue it. Well, maybe the second camp, but not to as far a degree. :P BIONICLE has been reduced to what we make of it. And, frankly, I'd rather we not make it into a cult with sacred rites. XD
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Look, guys. A lot of you seem to believe that Greg is on some kind of one-time, temporary hiatus, and that as soon as his kid gets old enough, he's going to be back, updating away. Here's the truth; Lego said nothing about keeping Bioniclestory.com up past 2011. Lego has no reason to support a dead toy line. If Greg hasn't found time to make an update in 7 months, he definitely won't ever again. Greg's never coming back to BZPower because of Lego's policy. In short, the only way we'd ever be getting more web updates is if Bionicle comes back. Sorry to rain on your parade.

You realize that the likely reasons that GregF isn't updating have nothing to do with the website or BIONICLE coming back, correct? It's because:1. He's employed to write for Lego for the Ninjago theme, currently. It's not that he has no time. It's that his employer has an actual job for him, a job that requires just as much of a time investment as writing BIONICLE. And a job that he actually, you know, gets paid for.2. His family life. Already been stated time and time again.Lego said nothing about keeping Bioniclestory.com up past 2011, and yet here we are, beginning of February, it's still up and running. So that's obviously been extended. And to say that he'll never make another update is guess-work at best. What if Ninjago is cancelled? What if he's replaced as the writer for the stories of that theme, or what if he can find time to balance when his daughter becomes a bit older? There are many different scenarios. Hence why the general populace is being very patient and not jumping to conclusions.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Oh I totally agree it's over for now, Tilius. But people do need to calm down about it. :PAt the same time, it truly isn't impossible it's just highly, highly improbable. There's an important difference there haha.I'll be happy if it comes back. But at the same time, I'm very happy for what we've gotten. If we get no more, that's still enough. :)(Though the circular nature of this topic is becoming rather annoying...)~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

The reason it is circular is because there is nothing else to be said, but the topic is still active because it's an issue people really care about. There is really nothing we can do but wait.

...And because people posting haven't read the earlier posts in the topic. :PAnyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg returned to BZP once Lego sorts out the bureaucratic mishap that has held all of their staff incommunicado.- 55555

The reason it is circular is because there is nothing else to be said, but the topic is still active because it's an issue people really care about. There is really nothing we can do but wait.

...And because people posting haven't read the earlier posts in the topic. :PAnyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg returned to BZP once Lego sorts out the bureaucratic mishap that has held all of their staff incommunicado.- 55555
Yeah, about that;I find it funny that LEGO stated no one under 18 is allowed to ask/post anything to him,Bionicle was/is for 6+, and so is most of the other lego projects.