BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

We'll have to learn how to deal with younger players again. There are very few players under even the age of fifteen anymore. Once we get players ages nine to twelve in, we'll see a larger degree of newer, more immature players. Kids just beginning to write, kids who were in diapers when we were buying sets, kids just getting into the story. It'll be an adjustment, to say the least.

We'll whip them in shape, make them true rpers with their blood, sweat, and tears! Oh god the tears ;_;7.

Edited by Skitty
  • Upvote 4

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

But it's true. What, you aren't having fun? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

For two reasons, I think.

1. This isn't the canon universe, it's a bit different. There are some canon characters, but they are played by the staff because they tend to be more important and powerful than normal characters

2. This RPG is about creating your own, unique character and interacting with other unique characters. Besides, it's much more fun to play with your own, special character(s)

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

There are a few reasons. First, in this alternate universe, most of the canon characters have died during the last couple of years (Toa Mata, Turaga, Chronicler's Company). Second, those that remain can only be played by one person at a time, so deciding who gets to play them would be difficult. Third, those that remian usually have a very prominent role in the overall story of the game, so the staffies play (or delegate) them to make sure they fill those roles well.

Finally (and this is probably the most important one) The BZPRPG does not exist to retell the BIONICLE story as experienced by the original characters of BIONICLE. We're here to make make new and interesting stories and tell them together, and making and playing our own original characters allows us to do that much better than playing characters made up by the BIONICLE story team to tell theirs.

EDIT: Ah, ninja'd! Daniel is pretty much right though. There's just this bit that isn't quite accurate.

they tend to be more important and powerful than normal characters

The only canon characters left from 2001 are Matoran, unless you count the essences of the Mata, the Legend-bound Makuta and the sleeping Mata Nui. Those aren't really characters that get played though.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

Yeah... I think we need some of the canon female villains, though, because at the moment the game is dominated by male characters (which I understand is what most of Bionicle was like IRL, but you see what I'm getting at, I hope). Personally, I vote that Roodaka be made part of the RPG! :)

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Thanks for the replies) Those are the reasons you listed, and though some of them I find fixable, there's enough of them to make it clear:

- Too powerfull canon characters;

- The goal is in making a unique story, rather than retelling the canon;

- Most canon char's are dead (this made me sad, to be honest D:)

- It's hard to decide who gets to play this or that character;

However, can characters have a close resemblance to canon chars's or be their clones/dark twins/shadow copies, as long as they aren't overpoweres and have weaknesses?

SRC9Wkk.png

However, can characters have a close resemblance to canon chars's or be their clones/dark twins/shadow copies, as long as they aren't overpoweres and have weaknesses?

A "strong resemblance" sounds dangerously like an expy (i.e. a carpon copy personality-and-traits-wise) which is strongly discouraged, if not outright forbidden. As for the other stuff, that's most definitely not allowed.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Thanks for the replies) Those are the reasons you listed, and though some of them I find fixable, there's enough of them to make it clear:

- Too powerfull canon characters;

- The goal is in making a unique story, rather than retelling the canon;

- Most canon char's are dead (this made me sad, to be honest D:)

- It's hard to decide who gets to play this or that character;

You are allowed to make Toa of Fire with Hau's and Turaga of water with Rau's, if that's what you mean. They should be different characters though, so not named Tahu and Nokama for example. Clones personality-wise are not allowed.

Besides, it's more fun making your own combinations and personalities than use template ones. :)

Completely agree with Nato and Silo on Roodaka being in the game at some point, as she's my favorite Bionicle villian (ever so slightly pushing Vezon into second place). As for Sidorak... well, he can come too.

But only if she uses his head as a decoration for her wall.
  • Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Teridax is in the top three as well, yes.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

for vezon to be around, vezok would need to be split in half, which, since vezok is a character in this game and no spear of fusion exists in this game, has not been done.

no vezon. case closed.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Deadpool and Vezon are both awesome, but let's leave the Marvel characters out of this.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: