BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Is the podcast weekly or biweekly or monthly now?

Monthly is the ideal timeframe, I believe. This podcast was delayed due to technical difficulties, but even if had come out on time (mid-October), there wouldn't have been much to talk about, as activity around that time had slumped. Seeing as activity has sprung up again, and the technical issues have been mostly sorted out, I'm hopeful for the podcast to once again become a regular event. :)

Is the podcast weekly or biweekly or monthly now?

Monthly is the ideal timeframe, I believe. This podcast was delayed due to technical difficulties, but even if had come out on time (mid-October), there wouldn't have been much to talk about, as activity around that time had slumped. Seeing as activity has sprung up again, and the technical issues have been mostly sorted out, I'm hopeful for the podcast to once again become a regular event. :)

A looooot of things can happen in a month. A lot of good things could pop up that 10 minutes might not be able to cover....

also my right ear enjoyed dat

Anywho, question. How do you guys plan our your stories/character development? Do you have everything already in mind when you start these stuff, or do you just let the RP and its interactions drift your plans around? :/

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Anywho, question. How do you guys plan our your stories/character development? Do you have everything already in mind when you start these stuff, or do you just let the RP and its interactions drift your plans around? :/

Both. I usually think of an outline of the story I want to tell with my characters, sometimes even a very specific one. However, it always ends up changing greatly due to whatever the other players bring into it. That makes the story more interesting and spontaneous, but I do have some things that I want to do planned from very early on.

In this game you need to adapt a lot. When I first brought Henkka and Alex into the game, the RPG plot was very different. It had the Xa-Kuta cults, evil mages of Xa-Koro and whatnot. It was great fun, not the least because of all the awesome people I got to play and share my story ideas with. But then the arc was cancelled and restarted due to the dataclysm, so my plans changed quite a bit. Note that I still achieved the desired end result (Alex dying and Henkka teleporting away), but the route changed a lot. As for the Magical Spear plot... that one was just created on whims upon whims upon some more whims which made absolutely no sense and it shows in the final story.

It's ok to plan things ahead, but be ready to accept that it doesn't always work out the way you thought of at first.

I usually leave things pretty open. I'm more of a "character" person more than a "story" person. If your story is bad, I can still excuse it as long as you have interesting/fun characters. It's because of this that I don't really make any sort of grand plots myself, usually I just leave my characters to their business and grab the RP opportunities that come my way.

I'd say it's worked out pretty well so far.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Um, so...Read past 4 days' worth of discussion. Check.So, I will now take back control of my characters. Thanks for not getting them killed. :)

Go with the interactions as a starting point, jist drifting a little. Then develop.along those lines.But I only have very very very little in-game developments, so I'm not qualified to really say much of it.Also, yay first Dasaka up.

I would say it tends to vary depending on the character, but what I generally do is think about how I want the character to personally develop while leaving lots of leeway for whatever shenanigans they may end up in as I bumble from one interaction to another :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I just formulate a plan and try to make it happen. If that doesn't work, I just let whatever happen. This is why some of my characters fare better than my others.

Morally unambiguous.

I just create a character. I don't think about how I want the character to develop, because I can't know what their future will hold. What I try to do is create a mindset for that character, and let that change as events occur. While sometimes I do like to have plots ahead of time, character development is something that I really can't pre-plan, it just happens as I write the characters.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I have vague plans for my characters, and that's it.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I often have some ideas about the characters and how they might have, but most of the time that changes dramatically over time: Which is probably one of the best things about collaborative storytelling, the full organic feeling you get as you go.That being said, if I feel like something's going to benefit my development plan, I take it and get the most of it.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Now that I think about this, I have a odd complicated way of managing this.

I create a character, with who he/she is currently, and then I think about who I want him/her to act in the end. Then I create an overly complicated back story that I will show later. From here on out I go with the flow of the game.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

Krayz<3 i'm going to apologize in advance for your Koro

It was cool while it lasted.

And wasn't in ruins.

> what's this about a battle

> ain't nobody gonna raze ta-koro on my watch

> you see nothing

> but this bar of gold

> i'm about to hand you

> wink wink

> nudge nudge

WAT.

No, bribery is my thing

You see your city burning, AND this bag of gold!

Edited by Aurora the cat

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind.:)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind. :)

*Hands him gold bar*

LOOK OVER THERE

*Points at fire*

Ummm... am I stupid, or did I just miss something? Why does Vezok have superpowers and mastery over several elements? Are the other Piraka similarly OP?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I looked at BS01 and talked to Gravity about the power usage thing. Vezok can copy several different powers at a time but he needs a to be near them and it is not instantaneous. Vezok copied all those powers when everybody was surrounding him, except for the fire powers. Those he got when he knocked out the Toa in the bar.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Basically, what Silvan said above. It also should be noted that he does not retain these copied powers for very long, nor does he gain the experience or mastery of the powers from those he copied them from. Thus the simplistic attacks he resorts to when utilizing these powers. His current mental state also plays a great part in the powers he copies. E.g., he's not going to be able to use a Kanohi power if he's not in the right mind, as doing so takes mental focus.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

On the one hand, yes, they're OP. On the other hand, the staff selected the people they felt wouldn't abuse that power. So there's that.

:w:

im gonna blow your stuff

please dont blow my stuff

immaterial bribes winks winks nudges nudges

:3

I looked at BS01 and talked to Gravity about the power usage thing. Vezok can copy several different powers at a time but he needs a to be near them and it is not instantaneous. Vezok copied all those powers when everybody was surrounding him, except for the fire powers. Those he got when he knocked out the Toa in the bar.

Quoting BS01's sentence about it, "He also had the ability to absorb the powers of any creature in close proximity, store them, and then used them himself later on. He could only store a power for a few hours, but was capable of absorbing more than one power at once. "

Obviously I could be completely wrong, but my interpretation of 'store them' 'for a few hours' means that - similar to batteries - after the power has been absorbed, proximity is no longer required. It doesn't make any mention of not being instantaneous. Also, keep note that it says power, not elemental power. So that could lean either way.

Although I do hope it isn't OP to the point that Vezok doesn't even use up energy from himself for this. Even if he was "on par" with a regular Toa - and we are not playing regular Toa - it probably would get tiring soon.

Vezok and Reidak seemed the most over-powered Piraka to me.

Beat up Reidak, then vetrify him.

Keeping an open mind about rping itself, I'm sure that Nuju and the others created these 'OP' powers fully expecting good players to be able to at least 'play' on even grounds. These guys don't hold a candle to Heuani (Though it may be because Heuani could kill you without permission lolol) and we've had characters face him in the face and be fine. To an extent.

That said, I wonder what the other Piraka will do now. See if they can pull of Vezok's skull in the mayhem or join in the frenzy for the fun? :o

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'd just like to remind you that I'm watching.Thus far, my dear fellows here have been nice enough to do my job for me. But if necessary, I will leave my world of homework behind and return to end you.Just something to bear in mind. :)

you couldn't do that to me 3:
Watch me.I'm keeping track of y'all, and just like every fight, there will come a point where this one is too high profile for me not to send in a few Guards.And then we'll see how much fun you're having.:evilgrin:

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh. I know that Vezok could copy powers, but I thought he needed to be attacked with them first.

Thanks.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Woot, three more profiles up! I've brought back Stralix (now working for the Ta-Koro Guard), and introduced the first two of my upcoming 'Wave 2' of characters: Kilanya, Toroshu of Clan Ageru, and Tazera, Commodore Ayiwah's SIC.

Speaking of which, actually, I suppose I should officially announce my second wave of RPG characters. Previously, you see, I've been very attached to characters I've been playing for a long time; many of them since I first joined the RPG. I've kept these characters through thick and thin, only rarely making additions (such as Korero) to their ranks. Some I've tired of; The Illusionist, for example; others, such as Alak, are minor characters that barely got off the ground and are little more than ascended NPCs.

I am now grouping those that I still intend to play as into Wave 1 of my characters. I know this may make them sound like toyshop-counter collectibles, but I don't care :P

The reason I am doing this is that with the advent of the Dasaka, I finally decided to make a bunch of new characters. I've changed a lot as a person and as a writer since I joined the RPG, and my older characters - while still beloved - haven't always reflected how I've developed. It is for this reason that I decided to commit to several new characters to explore, giving some much-needed freshness to my profiles while still keeping the old familiar faces around. It remains to be seen whether I will have the time these days to keep up with a load of new PCs, but I will certainly try.

These new characters form Wave 2.

Wave 1:

• Korero
  • Merror
  • Echelon
  • Lohkar
  • Stralix
  • Zadron

Wave 2:

• Kilanya
  • Tazera
  • Enali
  • Gotsoko
  • Dakte
  • ???

The first five of wave two will all be Kentoku characters; I'm working on Enali, Gotsoko and Datke's profiles currently. The sixth, whose name I have withheld, is that very special character I hinted at previously ;)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png