BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

No he's a poor man's Deadpool.

not that i don't agree on both counts (gimme dat jen walters female empowerment fanboy ring) but when i say case closed, i mean it. 

whether you like vezon or deadpool or roodaka or whoever, you have to understand that it's not an objective preference and there is no universally cool character because everyone likes different things and there's no use telling people they're wrong about it. especially in a thread like this, which is not the place for such discussion.

last warning. for everyone.

-Tyler

• Upvote 3

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Moving on from the case closed topic, I've noticed stralix powder shares several properties of conventional black powder. So, in theory, since we apparently already have howitzer sized cannons somewhere, would it not be theoretically possible to create primitive flintlock-style pistols and muskets, using stralix powder?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Except all of the foreign tech weapons.

If someone were to reverse-engineer any one of those, then suddenly things would get a whole lot more interesting...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

i'm merely pointing out that with the materials that currently exist in the RPG universe, it seems entirely possible to create primitive firearms.

Your response makes it sound like making these kind of weapons would actually be doable... excellent...

Any ideas I actually come up with would be approved by staff before I went a-posting. 

I have an inventor-ish character... the only problem being that he's currently being arrested in Ta-Koro. Speaking of which... is anyone ever going to show up to interrogate Natharius? 

Moving on from the case closed topic, I've noticed stralix powder shares several properties of conventional black powder. So, in theory, since we apparently already have howitzer sized cannons somewhere, would it not be theoretically possible to create primitive flintlock-style pistols and muskets, using stralix powder?

Nuju has been pretty iffy about firearms for the last couple of arcs despite us having madu cabolo the entire time. While he certainly has loosened up recently I'm still not sure if he would ok something like that.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Nuju has been pretty iffy about firearms for the last couple of arcs despite us having madu cabolo the entire time. While he certainly has loosened up recently I'm still not sure if he would ok something like that.

Recently, House brought up firearms with me via PM. I'll tell y'all what I told him: Mata Nui isn't gonna get firearms. I'm not a fan of guns in this game in general (I mean, really, there are so many cooler and more creative weapons you foreign characters could've gotten approved!) because, to me, they don't feel like they belong in a BIONICLE world. This is less to do with the actual technological level - our denizens have little computers, after all; controlled combustion isn't inconceivable by any means in that light -  and more to do with the tone of the world and with combat.

Introducing gunpowder weapons in a mainstream way to the island of Mata Nui would change the dynamics of PC combat on the island, and I think it'd change them for the worse. He-shot-she-shot would get boring really quickly; unrealistically dodging bullets would become an epidemic problem; there's only so much creativity you can exercise with a weapon that goes boom. "But Nuju, there are other projectile weapons in the game that you're totally fine with!" Correct. Zamors, energy pulses, plasma bolts, and etc. feel like they belong here, and not everyone has them. Bullets, which we never saw in BIONICLE, don't feel like they belong. Besides, if the native populace of Toa, Turaga, and Matoran had access to guns, why would they ever use anything else?

I keep guns out of the game as much as I can to preserve the variety of combat and to keep us grounded - even in spite of the island's technological advances - in a world that feels like an extension of the MNOLG (at least, that's the dream).

• Upvote 7

test2.png

Is Midak even alive on this version of Mata-Nui? :P

Since Skyblasters use light-energy based projectiles, and light powers are banned, I can't see this easily happening.

Again, not sure that Nynrah is even a canon place in the rpg, but I suppose an equivalent could be made*...

Some rahi have natural rhotuka, so I guess it isn't unbelievable that the matoran could copy them to make mechanical ones.

As for cordaks, not sure, I guess we have explosives and we have lauchers, so why not explosives launchers  :P

*Mata-Nui ghost blasters doesn't have the same ring to it :P

EDIT: Just realised I had a total of 3 :Ps in this post...

Edited by Silo

Kathok

I'm reading the RPG story right now and the frase "Makuta exploited Kopaka’s jealousy and ambition, and convinced him to betray his teammates" made me fall of my chair.

How on earth is that even possible!!? Kopaka has always been more of a loner, but his moral code is even stricter than the one of his fellow Toa! What jealousy!? What ambition!?

Or is this universe's Kopaka... Different?

Anyways, as I continued reading as he turned into Heunai, I got more intrigued. Such a plot scheme resembled somewhat of a Bionicle's Anakin Skywalker, who failed to the Dark side and became Darth Vader...

SRC9Wkk.png

All of those would fall under Foreign Tech, not something that the people on Mata Nui could come up with.

I guess someone could make something close to a cordak blaster but those things are so clunky that I doubt many people would use them anyway.

I'm pretty sure we don't have any rahi on Mata Nui that use rhotuka. Even if they did, anyone trying to reverse engineer anything from them would need to know how to manipulate energy in a way beyond what we can do in real life. Considering that everybody on Mata Nui is behind where we are in real life and you can see the problem.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm going to go slap myself upside the head for giving a certain Vortixx NPC in Ko-Wahi two Cordak Blasters now...

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Exactly what it says. The user can manipulate or create any sort of crystal they can think of. That can range anywhere from quartz to diamond.

Its a custom element that has been in the BZPRPG for a long time.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Seeing as we have Zamor launchers, are Nynrah Ghost Blasters of either type allowed then? What about Midak Skyblasters? Or Cordak Blasters? Or Rhotuka?

Rhotuka do exist in the game, as foreign tech.

Cordak do not, yet, but plenty of boom-making technological devices do (such as explosive zamors), so I think one could probably get approved.

Midak Skyblasters have not appeared, probably for the reasons Silo mentioned.

Nynrah Ghostblaster are problematic, because of the powers of both versions. One takes over someone else's body, which is a bit OP, and the other produces energy that can be molded by the user's mind, and can include any form of energy that might be useful for the situation, including light, but also heat, sound, electricity... That's a few elements there, so one weapon controlling all of them is not going to get approved.

ppg2.png

This is going to sound stupid, but what are the chances of a Crystal-Toa (still haven't got word on a prefix) being able to create rock-candy?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'm reading the RPG story right now and the frase "Makuta exploited Kopaka’s jealousy and ambition, and convinced him to betray his teammates" made me fall of my chair.

How on earth is that even possible!!? Kopaka has always been more of a loner, but his moral code is even stricter than the one of his fellow Toa! What jealousy!? What ambition!?

Or is this universe's Kopaka... Different?

Anyways, as I continued reading as he turned into Heunai, I got more intrigued. Such a plot scheme resembled somewhat of a Bionicle's Anakin Skywalker, who failed to the Dark side and became Darth Vader...

Most things in the BZPRPG are different to their canon counterparts. Our characters tend to be more 'human', and not just in the biological sense; I like to think that we manage to make them more believable as people, with more complex personalities than you'd find in canon.

I suppose the point is that nobody is infallible. Despite being a great and heroic Toa, our Kopaka had character flaws that were his downfall and allowed Makuta to corrupt him. Thus he became Heuani.

Kakrant has a laser gun type thingy, which AHS been approved by Nuju, so that's as close as we're gonna get a real gun in the RPG.

On another note - is there a place curtently for a Toa of Iron?

Actually, there are several characters (e.g. Dorian) who possess Foreign Tech items that are very close to real-world guns. No offence, but I recommend you do a little research before you make sweeping statements like that.

What do you mean by 'a place' for a Toa of Iron? If you want one, make one! ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

That is indeed what I was saying.

Just to clarify (how often I find myself saying that these days...), Foreign Tech items that function identically to real-world firearms have been approved and exist in-game. Take, for example, Dorian's pistol or Rorg's sniper rifle. What Nuju was saying was—and I strongly agree—he wants to keep the number of such things to a minimum and certainly not make them widely available.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png