BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

True, the protodermis could react like iron when oxidized. Knowing protodermis to be one of those mythical sci-fi do anything materials, it's entirely possible. I think I'll likely take the silver viewpoint in my writing, but you're free to stick to whatever you wish.

On a side note, Lorax, could you please answer my PM about Clan Daikura?

I do believe they can create normal water like that found around Mata-Nui - again, just depends what they're used to. But I can't open BS01 in another tab right now because this laptop will probably crash if I try that.

Regardless, I don't know why it particularly matters, as regards this game. It's not like we ever use such distinctions anyways. Why start doing that now?

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I don't really think people want to play as farmers.

Unless they are secret Ninja.

Psshh.

Doing things is overrated.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

A small village under Ga-Koroan sovereignty is in the former Kumu Isles, correct? If so, what is the settlement's name? Kumu-Koro?

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Hello, peoples of various nations, tongues, and peoples! :P

My name is (what my profile says), and I'm brand new to the site. I've had some previous experience with written RPGs before, and I've read your rule list, but this far into the game, and with this many characters, I thought I'd ask your advice on how I should start out (as far as suggestions about writing, character creation, and elemental limitations go). Would anyone be willing to give me some tips?

Thank you,

-NRP

I'm kind of a shy person, so when I first started RPing I was a bit overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. What I've learned is that you kinda just have to be straightforward and either jump into what some other characters are doing, or say that your character is open for interaction OOC. After you make 5 posts on this site you'll be able to use the personal messaging system to ask for interaction, which makes it a lot easier. And if there seems to be nothing going on where you are, and no one is responding to you, just let everyone know here in the GD. :) also, here's the wiki site for the game, where you can find additional information on game plot and in-game groups and organizations: http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/Encyclopaedia_of_the_BZPRPG_Wiki

I don't think there is a settlement there...

I could have sworn someone said something about growing lily-pads around the Kumu Sea.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I'm looking for ways to improve my writing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Go to the library and get a copy of the little red book, aka "Elements of Style," by Strunk. Another thing to do would be to work on varying syntax patterns, reading the dictionary, and letting yourself write with wild abandon (which sounds like it contradicts my earlier suggestions, but it really doesn't). Read published authors in all sorts of genres and media types. Write every day on a range of subjects, not just the rpg but small free writes about your environment or whatever is on your mind. Keep a journal.

There's also a mentorship program among us role-players, so if you ever wanted specific advice from a player I'm sure you could PM them and ask for some pointers. :)

EDIT:

As for the peerage army, Dany has written them IC as being among the Ko-Koro sanctum guards, as well as having a camp at an unknown location in Ko-Wahi. They are interspersed among every group in the military it seems, and have been shown to be on the walls protecting the city. As for their vortixx captain (played by Seraphim I think), there hasn't been any information in a while.

Edited by Kughii

In my opinion, the best way to get better at writing is to keep doing it. When I look back on the writing I started with on this site, I practically cringe at how awful it is. I've improved a lot since starting here, and I couldn't even tell until I read my old stuff. Even though there's probably going to be people that are loads better than you, just keep working at it. If you write a little bit at least every couple days, you'll see improvement very quickly. Just push yourself to write as much as you can. From what I've learned, sensory imagery and figurative language help a lot with establishing a connection to the reader, and make the story or scene seem more real. Even if your grammar sucks, or you can't seem to make a sentence sound how it appears in you head, it's the emotion behind your writing that makes a difference. It's easy to tell if someone's writing with passion or not. If you keep writing and enjoy it, you'll improve drastically! :)

It's taken me years to get to my current level, and I'm still improving. Read the good posts, set aside time in your day to read, experiment. See what works and what doesn't work. Also, read TV Tropes. It is an interesting, but addictive tool.

As for the peerage army, Dany has written them IC as being among the Ko-Koro sanctum guards, as well as having a camp at an unknown location in Ko-Wahi. They are interspersed among every group in the military it seems, and have been shown to be on the walls protecting the city. As for their vortixx captain (played by Seraphim I think), there hasn't been any information in a while.

This is not the case. In all actuality it has everything to do with me not having to use them and Seraphim having left us again with Ilhamotho in OOC-stasis, though for all intents and purposes the private army is sequestered in a large cavern within one of the two glaciers next to Ko-Koro. They haven't been revealed to the at-large population because of the stigma and connections they would be seen to have to parties who wish to keep it hush-hush until they can use the force with explosive consequences. Maybe.

So no, they're hidden. I'd know since they're my creation and Sera hasn't used them as he was meant to. Nevertheless, if you want to make your worldbuilding part of the canon, confer with me privately and we can see how well we can align our visions. Personally, I had no idea you were playing as though they have been seen, nor did you ask me about it as far as I can remember, so these notions are alien to me.

Also, who's Dany?

The rightful Queen of The Seven Kingdoms.

No.

Reading Tvtropes may induce a need to ADD ALL THE TROPES.

Don't do it.

That's impossible though.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.