BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I think that it's a fairly interesting idea to have the Desaka be nothing more than the byproduct of the use of a Kanohi. Why? Well, it showcases the (seemingly) unlimited power that the Hiripiki and it is a very original theme in and of itself. Really, how many times in fiction is an entire civilization nothing more than an unforeseen result of the use of a power?

The Dasaka existed in the current universe all along.

(Probably.)

c:

(Probably.)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I think that it's a fairly interesting idea to have the Desaka be nothing more than the byproduct of the use of a Kanohi. Why? Well, it showcases the (seemingly) unlimited power that the Hiripiki and it is a very original theme in and of itself. Really, how many times in fiction is an entire civilization nothing more than an unforeseen result of the use of a power?

Not to mention the implications it would have as to how the Dasaka see themselves.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Sorry to be the Devil's Advocate here, but I believe the most logical conclusion is that the Dasaka were in the same universe all along. The upper classes just hadn't any desire or need to send explorers to search the seas. Keeping Menti and Saihoko in the isles was more pressing and profitable than sending them to possible doom across the sea. Some elders (As stated in the opening) tried to get them to explore, but they were shunned.

The idea that they were created as a Hiripiki by-product is interesting, but I have my personal doubts about it.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

I guess I am down the rabbit hole:

If the Makuta was cast into legend, then the dasaka were cast out. Does that mean I could find a "Legend of the Dasaka" in the form of like a book or something on Mata Nui?

No. The way that the Dasaka and Makuta were "exchanged" worked in a slightly unconventional way for the Hiripaki, and that'll be revealed later.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

The Hiripaki swaps things based on how the user interprets the target and words his prayer. Anyone thinking about theorizing what the Hiripaki did, refer to the smite post. ;)

Edit: Note Nuju's addendum at the end of his PM. It is important.

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

Ahhh...so perhaps the Dasaka existed here all along, but when Makuta was sent to the Legend he was replaced not with a physical entity, but with an idea, so to speak. Something more subtle than simply pulling another evil being out. And perhaps this idea will, in one way or another, stir the Dasaka into war against Mata Nui.

Just a thought :P

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ahhh...so perhaps the Dasaka existed here all along, but when Makuta was sent to the Legend he was replaced not with a physical entity, but with an idea, so to speak. Something more subtle than simply pulling another evil being out. And perhaps this idea will, in one way or another, stir the Dasaka into war against Mata Nui.

This is what I was thinking exactly.

So the Hiripaki didn't defuse the bomb, it moved the warhead.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

So the Hiripaki didn't defuse the bomb, it moved the warhead.

Lovely.

So where do we run now?

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

It's okay. Our glorious saviour, Stannis Obama, will just raise the destiny ceiling some more. That'll keep us safe for another arc!

Lets keep any trace of politics out. Please.

Back on topic.

What do you think will happen if the dasaka go to war with us (besides the fact that a lot of people will die).

It's okay. Our glorious saviour, Stannis Obama, will just raise the destiny ceiling some more. That'll keep us safe for another arc!

*chuckles*

I may have to draw that someday...

WOW! So, I'm kind of lost with the post in Kini-Nui. I'm wondering what is meant by the open window? Maybe it's the connection between legend and reality? Like a window of time instead of a physical window?

Edited by Kughii

WOW! So, I'm kind of lost with the post in Kini-Nui. I'm wondering what is meant by the open window? Maybe it's the connection between legend and reality? Like a window of time instead of a physical window?

Hmm. At first I thought it referred to access to the Vault, but this seems just as likely if not more. It would explain how the "mysterious visitor" got to Mata Nui before...

Q2TtLEz.png

*chuckles*

I may have to draw that someday...

Joke from the Wanderer's Company chat last night. Peons don't understand.

(reordin biden >>>)

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

As school is beginning to eat my soul, I will be much less active. It's hard to keep up when swamped by work and living in a completely different timezone.

So I'm going to dump some excess characters.

Noshima, Stronin, Iegasa, Ril and Naona can be temporarily played by Onarax until I get back into my old groove. As usual, Kray gets all the Sisters.

On another topic,

This is much more likely than "THEY NEVER EXISTED IN THE FIRST PLACE". Nuju doesn't seem like the guy to pull such a cheap thing off.

Alright so this came to my mind. Now in regards to the game, if you have a toa with a tryna would you say the small the corpse he or she is trying to raise the less mental energy it would take compared to trying to raise a much larger corpse like a... Kane-ra for example? I mean just something that popped in my mind.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Alright so this came to my mind. Now in regards to the game, if you have a toa with a tryna would you say the small the corpse he or she is trying to raise the less mental energy it would take compared to trying to raise a much larger corpse like a... Kane-ra for example? I mean just something that popped in my mind.

I'd say yes, it would, but that change in energy would be small compared to the energy needed to reanimate a greater number of corpses. Controlling two Fikou independently would be more difficult than controlling a single Kane-Ra.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'd say yes, it would, but that change in energy would be small compared to the energy needed to reanimate a greater number of corpses. Controlling two Fikou independently would be more difficult than controlling a single Kane-Ra.

That is what i thought two but figured it was worth asking others opinions

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I just read the Syvra-Echelon bantering. I'm scared. :fear:

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

They certainly have a code of honor, but it would be very different from the Toa Code. I don't think they would have any problems with killing their opponent.

Judging from the Japanese influence, I would suggest looking up Bushido.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

They certainly have a code of honor, but it would be very different from the Toa Code. I don't think they would have any problems with killing their opponent.

Judging from the Japanese influence, I would suggest looking up Bushido.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I just read the Syvra-Echelon bantering. I'm scared. :fear:

Oh you should be... We are coming to get the brotherhood (Not really sure if Echelon will but Syvra is definitely planning to do something). But hey you know this whole Syvra/BOA thing has been rather fun.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

That has to be one of the silliest, most incorrect, and most possibly offensive things I've read in here yet, Aurora.

Decapitation isn't a favourite in Bushido. Bushido is a moral code, and one of the most important things in Bushido - indeed, to Japanese culture overall at that time - was maintaining your honour, even to the death. It's mainly military and moral ideals, stressing frugality, loyalty, mastery of marial arts, and being honourable - again, even to the death.

Not decapitations. Calmness, fairness, justice and propriety...but not decapitations. Unless you're talking about a samurai being decapitated whilst performing seppuku, which is a different thing entirely...

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I'm with The Otter here. Bushido was a way of life, of being respectful and sympathetic even to an enemy, of helping those in need who were unable to help themselves.

That would be comparable to saying Chivalry was about killing people with sharp weapons. Or that the purpose of a code of law is to find people to execute and punish. There is so much ore to them than that, just as Bushido is quite far from decapitation.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

No. *facepalm* I meant in battle. It was common practice to do as such, so common in fact that the the largest single piece of the armor became the neck guard.

(This is what happens when I put my disconnected thoughts on a post. Sorry)

Now we are off topic. Quick, someone get us back on topic.

Severing heads and taking them as a trophy was common to more cultures than just the Japanese, and that wasn't really Bushido - that was just trophy taking, plain and simple. Next time, I recommend doing some research before you go and make a statement like you did.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Hey, guys, I had a thought:

What if Stannis brought a whole new "Mata Nui" to the original world when he banished Makuta? Would that fulfill the terms of the mask? That would explain the islands, the Dasaka, and everything else.

-NRP

Edited by NoReturnPoint