BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Attention, new players!

Blimey, there's been a lot of you lately. We haven't had such a big influx for a while.

To help you all get the hang of the game, I am pleased to announce that I'll be hosting a new Staff Quest! Dallior08, one of our most recent recruits, has been trying to set up a questing group in Ta-Wahi, but it's not easy to do that when you're a newbie. So, he and I have agreed that it'll probably be more fun for all concerned if I take over, and add some staff-power-y goodness to the mix.

Any player is welcome to take part, but I particularly encourage anyone who's joined in the last three months. If you're new, this is for you!

-----

Word spreads fast in Ta-Koro.

Right now, the word on the street is that Turaga Sanguivox, one of the Koro's more elderly and eccentric citizens, is enthusiastically organising an expedition deep into the Mangai Volcano to investigate an 'ancient evil'. It's no secret that the old Turaga may have a few screws loose, but nonetheless it's sparked interest among the local adventuring types.

Meanwhile, Detective Loraan of the Investigative Corps is investigating a series of mysterious disappearances, but with the Guard stretched thin dealing with the aftermath of the Piraka attack, she's got precious little manpower and barely any leads. It's a long shot, but could this old coot of a Turaga be onto something?

-----

If your character's the adventurous type, just have them head to Sanguivox's hut and join the group that's already assembling. If, on the other hand, you've got a character in the Guard who you'd like to be assigned to help Detective Loraan, let me know via PM and they can show up at the same time she does. It's as easy as that.

A word of warning, though. As with all Staff Quests, this won't be a cakewalk. It's gonna be dangerous, and there's no guarantee that your character will survive it unscathed...if at all! That's all part of the fun, though, and you can reasonably expect some nice loot for your character if they make it to the end.

I hope you all enjoy this...I know I will ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Upvote 10

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Right, I'm Definatley doing this. I'm just not sure how to work this into my Character's story (I want Tavari to be Involved, but she's in Le-Wahi, and i'm not sure how she's going to find out about this. maybe someone can tell her about it?) but I'll sure It'll be fun!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Right, I'm Definatley doing this. I'm just not sure how to work this into my Character's story (I want Tavari to be Involved, but she's in Le-Wahi, and i'm not sure how she's going to find out about this. maybe someone can tell her about it?) but I'll sure It'll be fun!

If you have a plausible reason for her to decide to go to Ta-Koro, she can hear about it once she's there. :)

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

If you have a plausible reason for her to decide to go to Ta-Koro, she can hear about it once she's there. :)

I'll keep that in Mind. Also, when does the signup application for the Quest thing end?

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

The quest in specific or the game as a whole?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, I'm thinking of creating another character (finally), but I'm at a complete loss for inspiration at the moment. Anyone want to help jump-start my creativity?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Okay, I'm thinking of creating another character (finally), but I'm at a complete loss for inspiration at the moment. Anyone want to help jump-start my creativity?

Do an evil character. They're the most fun.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The Brotherhood needs more cultists. Come on, we have semi-permanent zombies, and black magic! :psychotwitch: 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Do you even have any characters that are not evil or very morally grey, Roman?

@Toa Grimlock: Welcome to the RPG. We have a few topics with stuff in them that should help answer any questions you might have.

I would suggest starting with the New Players Starter Topic. The staff have done a good job of putting everything new members might need to know in there. Don't feel like you need to read all the backstory all at once, just the stuff for this arc should be enough to get you on your feet.

After that we have the Official BZPRPG Rules and Index. It deals more with the mechanics of what you can and cannot do in the RPG. I think it covers some of the stuff already in the New Players Topic but it is still a good thing to go over.

And once you feel you have a good enough grasp on the game you can go and make a character profile to post in the Profiles topic.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask in here.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Do you even have any characters that are not evil or very morally grey, Roman?

Mirra, Wisp, Reson and Zaara are all good. That's four out of my sixteen characters...

I go to sleep for six hours in an attempt to rest so I could review a comedy, and I wake up to see someone has attacked the Dasaka.

Really.

Looking at it I can't see any plan but throw fireball in a village of water.

I know. Honestly, I don't get why people make lunatic characters and just set them out on public events to attempt to kill/bomb/maim/kick puppies. Those kinds of characters are fun, but karz, make something of them instead of sending them to certain capture and beheading.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Make a Kyoshi Dasaka /shameless plug

Seeing that your current character is a mercenary warrior Toa, maybe something completely different would be good for experimentation? Like, maybe a Vortixx scholar that is firmly neutral good, or a Matoran chaotic evil mad scientist, or a true neutral Skakdi hot dog stand owner. Try branching out and experimenting with different species, professions, and moral alignments.

We need a Guild of Crazy People so we can get some lessons on spreading anarchy and chaos and aydda yddad.

The Agents of Chaos, Mata Nui edition...

• Upvote 4

Make a Kyoshi Dasaka /shameless plug

Seeing that your current character is a mercenary warrior Toa, maybe something completely different would be good for experimentation? Like, maybe a Vortixx scholar that is firmly neutral good, or a Matoran chaotic evil mad scientist, or a true neutral Skakdi hot dog stand owner. Try branching out and experimenting with different species, professions, and moral alignments.

Hot dog stand? Why not a doughnut stand?

Doughnuts tend to prefer shops over stands, as they don't usually like being rained on.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

@Roman: Liking the evil idea. Will be done at somepoint, as I'm now thinking on multiple characters being added.

@namcurtsnoC: Liking the different species idea. Btw, Verulas is actually an attempt at a stealth build (hence the trickery, greater athletisism, and higher injury rate), so I'm still keeping the warrior idea for another character.

@Purple God: Canvases don't do squat against splashing puddles.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Despite what these guys are going to tell you, here's a protip from your boy himself: the challenge comes from RPing good or evil. The actual fun is discerning the character's personality and figuring out why they fall on the moral spectrum the way they do. The alignment itself is secondary.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

If you have an evil character, it's a good idea to put some thought into WHY they're evil. If your character is evil for no reason then they end up like, say, Haarnak.

Edited by Roman Torchwick