BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

We have Patero launchers (air guns), disk launchers (but no kanoka), and real world non-gunpowder weapons available for public use; if you want something like a zamor sphere launcher or a rhotuka or some other Bionicle launcher, however, it will take up a foreign tech slot; as such, only Skakdi, Vortixx, or Lesterin could use it unless you went down to the Vault and specifically asked for one. Also, you have to run foreign tech requests past the staff.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Wait... I thought we did have Kanoka?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

We have Patero launchers (air guns), disk launchers (but no kanoka), and real world non-gunpowder weapons available for public use; if you want something like a zamor sphere launcher or a rhotuka or some other Bionicle launcher, however, it will take up a foreign tech slot; as such, only Skakdi, Vortixx, or Lesterin could use it unless you went down to the Vault and specifically asked for one. Also, you have to run foreign tech requests past the staff.

By real world non-gunpowder weapons I assume you mean crossbows and such, which I'm further assuming can't be modded to go boom? Edited by toa grimlock

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

It should also be noted that there are no Cordak Blasters in the game.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, (shoulda worded that better), um, you can have Stralix powder grenades launched from Patero and other kinds of bombs. So you can make things go boom. What you can't have are weapons that use gunpowder to propel the projectile, so no real world guns unless it counts as foreign tech.

EDIT: STUFF YOU CAN HAVE UNDER NATIVE TECH

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Wait... I thought we did have Kanoka?

If we had Kanoka I would be able to make the Fowadi into an airship.

We would also have mask forgers.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So what kind of disks do we have, aside from bamboo? I'm sure I've seen some razor-edged metal disks shot around while I was skimmimg through something somewhere.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Something that I was wondering about.

Soraya was confuses when Girah started talking about Toa stones. This got me wondering: how do Dashi normally transform into Dasaka, and Dasaka into Datsue? Is it the same Toa energy principle? If so, what is the medium? If they don't have Toa stones, what do they have?

They don't.

Dasaka are born Dasaka, Dashi are born Dashi, as far as we know.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif GMbsT.gif 0o6ku.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif BCQuL.gif CIPdo.gif Y5AOI.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

That's... really, really wierd.

Not at all.

Matoran to Toa transformations on Mata Nui are exceedingly rare, both in-game and in in-game history. You'll note that many profiles don't indicate that they were ever a Matoran. Since reproduction is an accepted aspect of the BZPRPG's humanization, it follows that there are Toa born Toa. Especially since none of the PCs save the Maru are exactly like what we think of as Toa in canon.

Following that logic, a Menti and a Menti will produce a Menti. And with their rigid caste structure, a Dashi could not become a Menti even if it were technically possible. Which it may, or it may not be.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

So... If two Toa produce Toa offspring, does that mean, in theory, that two Turaga are capable of birthing a Turaga child?

When they learn this, though, they will be well and truly angry. "We EARNED our toa-hood! No wonder you have so many crazies!"

So... If two Toa produce Toa offspring, does that mean, in theory, that two Turaga are capable of birthing a Turaga child?

OLD PEOPLE BABIES! GREAT SPIRIT SAVE US ALL!

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

Hey, the criminal presented a perfectly valid hole in this logic. I think it might make more sense if a 'child' of a toa/toa couple grew up a matoran, then automagically transformed into a toa. Still preserves the canon life cycle that we all know and love, makes a caveat for no superpowered babies, and people may be none the wiser.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Did you really just refer to me as "the criminal"? I prefer "mastermind" or "snazzy dresser", if you don't mind.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Hey, the criminal presented a perfectly valid hole in this logic. I think it might make more sense if a 'child' of a toa/toa couple grew up a matoran, then automagically transformed into a toa. Still preserves the canon life cycle that we all know and love, makes a caveat for no superpowered babies, and people may be none the wiser.

Or, we can not.

The system's worked perfectly fine to this point, and introducing that aspect just adds unnecessary complication. It opens up more questions than it answers, and it's the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. At such a time that it does, a solution will be considered.

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Besides, how many characters have actually sired children IC? My Turaga question was mostly a joke.

See? This is why we don't talk about this.

Besides, how many characters have actually sired children IC? My Turaga question was mostly a joke.

If you're talking about families, lots. If you're talking about actually birthing a child IC, none.

There was this one lady who was pregnant but...

EDIT: on a more tasteful note, given Krayzikk's statement, was the only large number of Matoran to Toa transformations the first of the Forced Toa? Were like, one day, randomly "Poof! Toa!", and then they had kids, and their kids had kids, and so on?

Edited by namcurtsnoC
  • Upvote 1

Yep, that's exactly it. After the Mata fell, a significant number of Toa were created. All weaker than the original Mata, because the idea had changed from "six Toa of high quality" to "as many as possible". Makuta then used his influence to pull Skakdi, Vortixx, and other foreign entities to the island in an effort to sow chaos, both of these actions being the cause for the species diversity we have now. 

It should be noted, however, that Matoran are still by far the highest population on the island. People occasionally forget. :P

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

How sensory does the mask of sensory aptitude make one?

Tracking people via smell, detection of movement via vibrations (ie touch), bird eye's view, bat-like hearing, does it make food immensely more pleasurable to eat?

I think the first four would be possible with sufficient practice. The last one is a no, for the following reason: logically, it should make flavours stronger, not necessarily more palatable.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

(Training? Practice? What is that, I thought you just hand waved those things away via a history of "much training, this person is an expert at these things.")

Thank you for the answer, always gotta learn these things before I RP a character with a new mask/element, to better understand the process and avoid doing stupid things.

...but close to it