BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Well, not quite a god, but that's what I've been saying. Nothing came out. He's faked death plenty of times before (in canon) which at least means that he can:

1. After Toa Mata "defeat" him.

2. After Takanuva "kills" him.

3. (Debatable) After Axonn smashes the vat holding his essence.

4. After the Barraki destroy Maxilos.

5. After the big rock hit his head. Oh, right that actually killed him. Never mind.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

We could be lying. Wouldn't it be interesting if, for once, the "clue" was nothing more than a massive decoy? We haven't done it yet in ANY incarnation of the BZPRPG, but therefore stands to reason that such a move becomes more and more plausible with every passing arc. I would find it hilarious if not devious. Then again I could be lying about lying and the vault is quintessentially important, the answer to life and everything, and somehow NOT 42. You never know with staff... In any case, watching this topic come up every other week and seeing you all run around trying to figure it out makes me giddy. I enjoy the antics... hehe, you guys are so much fun to watch :P

I know the feeling. In a small-group RP I was in on [sITE OF MINE WITHHELD DUE TO RULES AND STUFF] I wrote up a super-convoluted plot that pretty much thickened every ten posts and such. It's always fun to watch other people speculate details of something convoluted you write, and can be hilarious depending on what they speculate =P

Anyways, I'm more questioning HOW Makuta managed to put that riddle on his door; he had, after all, been planning to win his fight agains the Maru, right?? I think if we solve that, it'll help solve the riddle.....and to solve that we just have to wait out the story.

Or...What if Makuta didn't write the riddle? Was that ever explicitly stated? I forget, but if not that's something to scratch your head over (and potentially give Tuck a laugh if we're wrong_.. Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Well, not quite a god, but that's what I've been saying. Nothing came out. He's faked death plenty of times before (in canon) which at least means that he can:...5. After the big rock hit his head. Oh, right that actually killed him. Never mind.

We've been TOLD that killed him, but didn't they say Takanuva killed him? Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't pay close attention to the story then, but if I'm right, think about it. Anyway, back on topic: I think he might've faked it.

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I am of the opinion that whatever is behind the Vault exists to sow dissent between the villages, hence why Hewkii asked the Maru to keep the Vault shut. Remember that the description said that no one can quite remember where they heard the story about the Vault.

:w:

I am of the opinion that whatever is behind the Vault exists to sow dissent between the villages, hence why Hewkii asked the Maru to keep the Vault shut. Remember that the description said that no one can quite remember where they heard the story about the Vault. :w:

Could be, could be...:a::k::i: Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

Well, not quite a god, but that's what I've been saying. Nothing came out. He's faked death plenty of times before (in canon) which at least means that he can:...5. After the big rock hit his head. Oh, right that actually killed him. Never mind.

We've been TOLD that killed him, but didn't they say Takanuva killed him? Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't pay close attention to the story then, but if I'm right, think about it. Anyway, back on topic: I think he might've faked it.

He didn't fake it; he isn't dead though. The Hiripaki made legends come to life; something comes out, another goes in. Right now what happened is the thing that the Hiripaki was used for was 'go in', but in the same way the 'go out' would be normally used.

We can assume that something came out of legend, and I think it'll be related to a plot that Stannis will eventually have to claim responsibility for.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

I'm confused as to what that has to do with the conversation we're currently having. Which I'm pretty sure is the logistics and implications of the Hiripaki and its use on Makuta. His ego has little to nothing to do with either of those things (and has no effect on them either; both initially and what the outcome later will be), but I suppose if we really want to start a totally new topic that seems less like analyzing or picking up on character flaws and more like just saying random things about a character for no reason that aren't even very accurate to begin with I suppose we could.¯_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Whoa, whoa, chill out. Someone commented that Stannis will have to answer for whatever came out of legend and I said I look forward to it. Granted, in a roundabout way, but I think you're overreacting.

...Also I just realized he shares a name with a character from a TV series which breaks so many BZP rules it's not even funny so I won't name it.

Let me say it for you, then: Game of Thrones. One can mention it all they like, they can even talk about it, they just can't use the objectionable stuff in it. Also, it's a book series, so there's that. I used the name because I liked it and the character wasn't actually meant to be anything more than an adventurer.

Also, Lloyd, it really did seem like you just said that remark to spite the character. You worded it very wrong, man. If you have a critique make it sound so instead of making it seem like a direct criticism. Thanks.

I'm not upset, I'm confused.I can think of a dozen better ways to say I'm looking forward to Stannis responding to the exchange in a way that doesn't leave people guessing whether or not it was a blatant disregard of obvious characterization, an unprecedented check-up on one's character, or if it was meant to be a legitimate criticism. Maybe word things differently that doesn't leave stupid people like me really confused about your thought process.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

@ EW: Okay, GoT, fine. No need to condescend me. Didn't want to risk running afoul of BZP rules, they can get a little strict at times. Also, what, can I not express frustration with a character? It wasn't meant as a critique, I would have done that over PM.

@ Fair point. Perhaps I should have said I look forward to him getting knocked off his high horse. Perhaps that makes my opinion on him clear as well as why I'm looking forward to it.

@ Shuhei: Yes, yes I am. And I have made a point of portraying him as considerate, personable, and caring. Please do not try to compare that to Stannis.

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

Ah, so it was a criticism. Well, those have no place here, either, sorry. And you seem to miss the whole fact that Stannis is very much aware of the ramifications from the use of the Hiripaki and is, indeed, quite humble about that. It's like you skirted around the fact that, in the brief period I've played him so far in this arc, I've done much to portray him as kind, thoughtful and troubled. So as far as your criticism goes, not only was it in the wrong place and unwanted, it was also wrong.

I will hear no more talk about the matter here in the topic. Let's move on.

I will have to take this up with you via IM.

Concerning Lt. Obvious' comment that it ends with "Nui," that's extremely unhelpful. It could be Metru Nui, it could be Mata Nui, but it could also be the Rahi Nui. I still express distrust of anything from Makuta.

... What the flying Karzahni turtle just happened?Anyway, back on topic, can we all agree on Makuta not being dead? Because that could help tremendously with deciphering the riddle. Also, anyone got any thoughts on the parts I think I got figured out?@Lloyd Or, he could be übermegasuperduperflyingenchilladas trolling us, and it's "something located on Mata Nui."

The Rahi Nui would certainly be a cool thing to have in this RPG. Imagine a massive battle against the beast... oh yes. Anyone feel like exploring the Place of Shadow?

As for Makuta, I understood he was never killed, just trapped in a legend by the Kanohi of Stannis. Does this mean he could theoretically be released again, if Stannis (or maybe even someone else if that someone stole the mask) used the mask that way? Just wondering.

@ Shuhei: Yes, yes I am. And I have made a point of portraying him as considerate, personable, and caring. Please do not try to compare that to Stannis. :w:

Is he not the one who severed ties with any other civilization before expecting them to trust him with a shady piece of foreign equipment?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

The Rahi Nui would certainly be a cool thing to have in this RPG. Imagine a massive battle against the beast... oh yes. Anyone feel like exploring the Place of Shadow?

As for Makuta, I understood he was never killed, just trapped in a legend by the Kanohi of Stannis. Does this mean he could theoretically be released again, if Stannis (or maybe even someone else if that someone stole the mask) used the mask that way? Just wondering.

On the Rahi Nui, I'll quote Nuju to answer that:

As of this moment, the Rahi-Nui has never existed, never will exist - or, if it does, it has not been unleashed top the eye of the world at large. I hope that clears things up.

And on the Hiripaki, yes, that would be theoretically possible, but EW has said (in a lot more words) that he'd step on the mask before letting that happen.

ppg2.png

... What the flying Karzahni turtle just happened?Anyway, back on topic, can we all agree on Makuta not being dead? Because that could help tremendously with deciphering the riddle. Also, anyone got any thoughts on the parts I think I got figured out?@Lloyd Or, he could be übermegasuperduperflyingenchilladas trolling us, and it's "something located on Mata Nui."

What I wanna see is what legend he's been put into.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

So, I just got back, and I'm wondering what on Earth happened here.

Or why people are still going "Makuta ain't dead, he'll come back" when it's been explicitly stated multiple times (including just above) that he's been turned into a character from legend, and as such can't come back unless Stannis decides to bring him back, which I'm betting won't ever happen.

Mainly 'cause EW wouldn't do that, or let somebody else steal the mask so they could.

And, like, other stuff.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

You know what I just realized?

That even if my Sentinel character is kicked off the force, I may still have a decent plan for him (not that he should be, I'm just saying). So that's what knowing your way around the game feels like... I like it.

TL;DR I'm awesome and so are you

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I think he probably put it there ahead of time in case he ever died or left. Or... What if he never died? What if it was all faked, an elaborate hoax? He was, after all, pretty much a god.

Hirkapi has power similar to the Vahi or Inika, both of which were show to effect Makuta. He's gone, but something had to have replaced him in the world, as per the laws of the Hirkapi.

I think that the Vault came out of the trade. Like, the WHOLE vault.

-The- legend. It's like a plane of nonexistence.

So....

Makuta exists in non-existence now?

Sounds soooo fun...

And anyone else thinking of those Santum things when you read this?

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

-The- legend. It's like a plane of nonexistence.

So....Makuta exists in non-existence now? Sounds soooo fun...
Wait, existing in nonexistence? Error, error, this logic does not compute *brain explodes*.:a::k::i: Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

... So, I just got back, and I'm wondering what on Earth happened here. Or why people are still going "Makuta ain't dead, he'll come back" when it's been explicitly stated multiple times (including just above) that he's been turned into a character from legend, and as such can't come back unless Stannis decides to bring him back, which I'm betting won't ever happen. Mainly 'cause EW wouldn't do that, or let somebody else steal the mask so they could. And, like, other stuff.

...This really wants me to make a Makuta-follower who dedicates his life to making things difficult for Stannis/stealing his mask. And when (if?) he fails for good...CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT HAPPENSOn an unrelated note, could someone fill me in on what's happening in the Anxilia plot?

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

If what came out when Makuta went into the Legend has to be equal to him, IMO it could be some sleeping titan. Maybe another Makuta?

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

... So, I just got back, and I'm wondering what on Earth happened here. Or why people are still going "Makuta ain't dead, he'll come back" when it's been explicitly stated multiple times (including just above) that he's been turned into a character from legend, and as such can't come back unless Stannis decides to bring him back, which I'm betting won't ever happen. Mainly 'cause EW wouldn't do that, or let somebody else steal the mask so they could. And, like, other stuff.

Y'never know, some Makuta follower or somebody could catch him in Morton's Fork(if you have no idea what that is, it's when somebody, usually a villain, presents the hero with multiple options that all end with the creator of the Fork winning/the hero losing. For instance:You, the hero, challenge me, the villain, to combat, and beat me. You can either kill me or let me live, and meanwhile I'm the only one who can control the dragon currently headed for the orphanage. If you let me live, I'm sure to escape and one day take over the world. If you kill me, my dragon destroys the orphanage and probably the rest of the town before you can stop it. If you let me live long enough to stop the dragon, then kill me after I stop it, I become the martyr who died to save the orphans, and you the vile monster who killed me. No matter what, I win.:a::k::i: Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

Wait, existing in nonexistence? Error, error, this logic does not compute *brain explodes*.

It means the Makuta does not exist. Period.

If what came out when Makuta went into the Legend has to be equal to him, IMO it could be some sleeping titan. Maybe another Makuta?

It all depends on what the Hiripaki user defines the thing he's moving to be. Stannis saw the Makuta as a powerful and foreign, oppressive enemy; whatever comes out of the legend has to fit those criteria. At this point it could be anything.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Wait, existing in nonexistence? Error, error, this logic does not compute *brain explodes*.

It means the Makuta does not exist. Period.
I realize that, but he said "EXISTING in nonexistence," which is a paradox.

It all depends on what the Hiripaki user defines the thing he's moving to be. Stannis saw the Makuta as a powerful and foreign, oppressive enemy; whatever comes out of the legend has to fit those criteria. At this point it could be anything.

It's a ticklemonster! :D

ppg2.png

...Last year, the News & Discussion topic devolved on many occasions into off-topic spam, personal arguments, and general ill feeling. While much of that, of course, is unavoidable (knowing you guys!)...

Don't take this the wrong way, but this almost made me laugh, being active on certain... other sites around the Internet.:a::k::i: Edited by Toa of Awesomeness

It's a ticklemonster! :D

No.

It's the Mole King.

Edited by Mr. Peanuts

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Y'never know, some Makuta follower or somebody could catch him in Morton's Fork(if you have no idea what that is, it's when somebody, usually a villain, presents the hero with multiple options that all end with the creator of the Fork winning/the hero losing. For instance:You, the hero, challenge me, the villain, to combat, and beat me. You can either kill me or let me live, and meanwhile I'm the only one who can control the dragon currently headed for the orphanage. If you let me live, I'm sure to escape and one day take over the world. If you kill me, my dragon destroys the orphanage and probably the rest of the town before you can stop it. If you let me live long enough to stop the dragon, then kill me after I stop it, I become the martyr who died to save the orphans, and you the vile monster who killed me. No matter what, I win. :a: :k: :i:

There are a lot of what-if's right there, as there always is in Morton's fork, and each of those could be easily exploited, add to that the fact that if anybody here is able to exploit Morton's Fork, it'd be EW with Stannis...

Good luck, kiddo.

Oh, dear.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now