BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Well it's quite chaotic to be in a battle that's practically a free-for-all with ten participants. But maybe: Hungry Hungry Games: Realistic* Edition. would be better

*Realistic refers to Bionicle realism.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I was exaggerating, okay? *mutters something about people taking things too literally* but this is getting off-topic. The battle's in the Ko-koro Darkwalk so maybe some Toa of Sonics from the Sanctum guard could be patrolling the Dark Walk, barely hear the battle, and bring help? Maybe?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

"Bionicle Realism"? There's no such thing.

Guys, get your binoculars n' folding chairs, there will be fireworks.

Except part of Tuck's guide to common sense says we should follow realism, and Bionicle itself does have a rather set pattern it follows in terms of what's possible and what isn't. =P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Has anyone noticed that "The laws of Logic, Physics and Thermodynamics" exist in the real world? Bionicle follows real-life guidelines, and does not have it's own set of laws to govern it's universe. Therefore, "Bionicle Realism" is really just "Realism".

Morally unambiguous.

In real life, people shooting fire out of their hands is not realistic. And the story team ignored real-world physics whenever it suited them. So its close to our realism but not quite. But this is a discussion for S&T. Let's get back on topic people. So to start us off:

What's the Necromancer cult been up to?

Plotting to kidnap people and induct them into the cult.

"This is your one and only chance to get one of your lousy heathen characters a chance to worship Ak'Rei'An! Simply send them to Le-Wahi, make them encounter the team sent to kidnap heathens, let them get beaten up, and they will be inducted!"

Edited by Canis Lupus

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Has anyone noticed that "The laws of Logic, Physics and Thermodynamics" exist in the real world? Bionicle follows real-life guidelines, and does not have it's own set of laws to govern it's universe. Therefore, "Bionicle Realism" is really just "Realism".

I beg to differ, sir

"Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."— Greg Farshtey

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Yes, if you have inactive/neglected characters, of ANY alignment or previous faction, send them to the Onu-Ko Tunnels.

Please note that we only accept Toa, Skakdi and Lesterin. With two slots open for Matoran elders, who are automatically in.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Those laws are what we use in this RPG. =P

In real life, people shooting fire out of their hands is not realistic. And the story team ignored real-world physics whenever it suited them. So its close to our realism but not quite. But this is a discussion for S&T. Let's get back on topic people. So to start us off:

Yet the story team did have numerous constituencies it followed, and moreso, it's a rather on-topic discussion, due to making sure everybody else knows to follow realism's dictates in this RPG, something that we all can have trouble with once in a while.

I beg to differ, sir

"Real life physics don't apply in BIONICLE, unless scientists discovered Protodermis yesterday and I wasn't told about it."-Greg Farshtey

No, but they do apply in this game, so for all intents and purposes, that quote is useless.

Anyways.

Who else is looking forward to seeing the Ussalry going through whatever big thing it'll end up doint?

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

Actually, this very much is on topic, We're discussing what level of realism pertains to the game at large, and more specifically, how in-game science compares to out of game.

To speak to the topic itself, Bionicle does have an internally consistent logic that is more or less consistent with our own science, unless otherwise specified. Rather than a world where none of our scientific laws apply, this is a world that obeys physics, but has its own rules regarding powers and biology. Moreover, it is worth noting that the BZPRPG sticks to real world science much, much more than canon ever did. Biology and physics are much more relevant here.

The only real exception is lightning, and that's just so they don't become Toa of Insta-Kill.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Real world physics apply only to balance the game and character actions.

At least, its been that way for the past couple of years. :P

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

Real world physics apply only to balance the game and character actions.

At least, its been that way for the past couple of years. :P

...Exactly, you've hit onto it. It's so that the game is balanced and played fairly, instead of somebody creatively breaking physics so that they can get the edge in a fight. =P

profiles i guess

Basically, no surviving triple Nova Blasts.

Edited by Mr. House

I was exaggerating, okay? *mutters something about people taking things too literally* but this is getting off-topic. The battle's in the Ko-koro Darkwalk so maybe some Toa of Sonics from the Sanctum guard could be patrolling the Dark Walk, barely hear the battle, and bring help? Maybe?

The battle began close to the vault, and, as far as I know, hasn't moved much. They're not close enough to anywhere civilised for anyone to hear and come to help, aside from all the characters who have already dropped in out of nowhere.

ppg2.png

So, how exactly did Vorex get the Hungry Hungry Games?

Because I was a whiny #####, dropping me through the floor of Matau's hut was getting overdone and it was my birthday.

- Indigo Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Be glad you weren't a noob around '09.

Edited by Mr. House

To put it simply, a noob, like I was, could have an staff approved organization with unlimited NPCs. And the regulation were very, very loose.

So many power-mad struggles occured that an entire region was destroyed.

Also, one billion fohrok were involved. And rainbow lasers of love.

I may be conflating separate incidents.

:w:

Wait, no one told me about rainbow lasers of love! I didn't know that it was that cool! :o

- Indecisive Individual

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill