BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

The Rora, or other Toroshu with sufficient clout to force the Rora's hand, to decide that they no longer fit those requirements. The Dastana, for example, would most likely not be considered a political clan anymore, though they're likely still considered citizens of the empire (just ones in rebellion).

Such things, I would imagine, are very, very rare. What's probably more common is a scenario where a clan has simply become so small or unable to maintain itself that it simply gets absorbed by a bigger one.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm still working on that 'ronin' idea, and I presented Nuju with a new clan to justify it (Clan Mashtet has been approved! Bigger post on that when its up in the DMRP), and provide some creepiness to Kentoku. I'm almost finished with the characters, but I can say right now there are two (three if Sil makes a character for it) Dasaka that still identify as Mashtet. I'd say it's a coin toss whether the Fursics would demand they cease to be recognized as a clan or the Umbralines remembering old allies and let them have an honorable mention.

The times, they are a-changing...

It's on ice right now.

That was a good one.

Are there any plans to move along if the meeting stalls past a certain point?

Not to my knowledge, no. It's a relatively important meeting, and can't really be skipped over. Of course, if things stall long enough, all expectations eventually go out the window.

Somebody better close the window, it is cold out there

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

First, uh, something-or-other?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

There is no societal title, primarily because it isn't a society wide role. As a result, it has no honors but that the individual clan grants. Which may or may not be recognized by any other clan, depending on how diplomatic their Toroshu is feeling.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Hmm... Interesting. I would have thought second in command of a clan would be a somewhat important role especially should something happen to a Toroshu. But none the less thanks for answering my question.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

In the event of the death of a Toroshu, the title passes down to whoever is next in the line of succession. Whoever their "second in command" is doesn't really factor into it. A second command isn't (in most cases) part of the line of succession, otherwise their place would already be decided for them; a Toroshu's sister or daughter has an elevated (though not as much as the Toroshu herself) position because they are part of the line of succession.

A "second in command" is just a domestic title; someone to assist the Toroshu in running things. Unless that second in command also happens to be a part of that clan's line of succession, the title has no worth outside of that clan but whatever authority the Toroshu chooses to give. And even then, it is the Toroshu's authority. The second just speaks with it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Maybe it is like the Decepticons... When the top dog dies, it is all out war to claim their place...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It's like a lord of a castle and their seneschal. The seneschal is the steward of their territory and serves as castellan when they aren't home but isn't on the line of succession as that is a right of the noble family. A second in command can have any number of titles but they are domestic in nature and wholly dependent on their liege lord's whim and patronage.

And yes, all clans have very rigid line of succession in place (a la principle of Order) so there is rarely any all out fight for the clan's toroshudom. If there is, it's because of family infighting, not a lack of structure.

Edited by EmperoressWhenua

Something that might be good to know re: the current discussion of Clan leadership

• In times of great crisis, it is the Datsue who act as judge and jury, ferreting out the dishonorable and administering justice according to the ancient laws. Most Toroshu work in tandem with a Datsue, relying on the elders as advisers.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

And, now that their blurb is up in the DMRP, may I introduce Clan Mashtet, also known as The Lost Clan. Note that me making this clan does not really make my confusion at deciding what clan Raiyo is part of obsolete...

Clan Mashtet: This insular clan, hailing from a small island north of Odaiba and Kozui called Hanaloi, was known in its heyday for providing the Empire with lumber. Most famously, Mashtet artisans utilized both the Mindarm and Sighteye disciplines to create their signature artwork: Mashtet carvings, precisely carved crystal, inlaid in wood, imbued with semi-persistent illusions which had to be renewed by a Mashtet carver annually. But, several years ago, the Mashtet compound was discovered completely empty. There were no signs of a struggle, nor any clues as to where the Mashtet people had disappeared to. Not even Mashtet clan members that were elsewhere within the Archipelago at the time of the mysterious event, such as training Menti or traveling Saihoko, can imagine what happened. Most of these Mashtet strugglers mourned before being absorbed by other clans. The number that have remained publicly Mashtet can be counted on one hand. Thus, Clan Mashtet is also known colloquially as the Lost Clan, and their old homeland Hanaloi is considered haunted.

And what of the survivors, you may ask? Well, you can find Askha here, doing her absolute best to hold up the clan's dignity with the respect she has come to enjoy as a sellsword. Somei, the last Mashtet carver, sticks around her.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 5

This reminds me alot of the lost settlers of Roanoke. This should be an interesting clan to see rped.

Edited by Voxumo: Lord of Ice Picks
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

That actually sounds really cool. It's certainly creative. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It might be interesting to note that, while I do have a lot of the secrets down for Clan Mashtet, their disappearance is not one of them. Maybe they went to the same vagueplace the Kalta came from...

I have some plans for the clan, but the misadventures of its survivors, and their place in the Civil War, come first.

So I need a name for my Ga-Matoran already and am at a loss for ideas. Was hoping for something starting with Ga to represent her being a water Matoran, so taking ideas of anyone has some...

Onua.png

If anyone's interested in hiring The Outsiders, the offer still stands. Just PM myself, Tiragath, Jakura Nuva or one of the other Outsiders Players the details of what you want done, and we'll try to organise something IC. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't think that Skorm's going to like Project Legion very much...

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Antidermis does play a part in the plan, but that's not the primary goal; it's a little bit more than that.

And Crab still has to pass initiation before he's recruited into anything, which will be hilarious if he has to fight Enforcer or Marauder.

While we're on the subject of trials, does anyone know if Zero's ever fought in one? You know, as the tester and not the recruit. Because that would've been awesome.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

She hasn't, not yet anyway. And until Requiem returns to take her back, I don't think she'll be fighting in one anytime soon. 

Mine says she did the same to everyone, hence why she's in charge of The Outsiders instead of Forger of Enforcer. 

• Upvote 1