BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yeah, I imagine sucking on a penny when I smell some blood, though since there is Iron of some sort in your bloodstream, it is possible it could me what one is smelling...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I've coughed up blood before, so I can confirm it's a metallic-y iron taste. Not pleasant, believe me. It was a big glob, too....

I'll shut up now.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

If y'all won't stop debating about which metal blood tastes like, I'll have to split a few lips around here so we can settle the matter...

So stay on topic.

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Darkwalk Continued.

Alright folks, I'll be handling the Darkwalk Quest. I don't believe I missed anything critical, but there was a lot to wade through. I'll be on top of it from this point forward.  ;)

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Playing through The Force Unleashed. Must... suppress... urge to make Soulsword/Mindarm Menti...

So, question: Soulswords. Physical properties. To the wielder, they are solid but weightless, if I am correct. I recall somewhere I heard that they behave like a lightsaber somewhat, and that 'eventually' they will burn through. So:

Soulsword crosses blades with a steel/normal crystal weapon. Is it sliced through like a lightsaber, or is the material sturdy enough to resist being damaged, as long as contact is short?

As an extension of the above, what happens when faced with nigh-unbreakable protosteel? Normal resist (like cortosis alloy, to keep up the Star Wars example), will is start to heat up but otherwise resist damage... or just plain be cut?

The times, they are a-changing...

??? There are lightsaber like weapons in Bionicle? Here I thought that addition on the Matoran kit accessories pack I found online was artistic license.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

??? There are lightsaber like weapons in Bionicle? Here I thought that addition on the Matoran kit accessories pack I found online was artistic license.

Not actual weapons. One of the powers of the Dasaka (this game's version of Toa of Psionics) is the ability to create energy weapons out of mental energy. Read the second post in the Kentoku Archipelago topic for more detail.

Playing through The Force Unleashed. Must... suppress... urge to make Soulsword/Mindarm Menti...

So, question: Soulswords. Physical properties. To the wielder, they are solid but weightless, if I am correct. I recall somewhere I heard that they behave like a lightsaber somewhat, and that 'eventually' they will burn through. So:

Soulsword crosses blades with a steel/normal crystal weapon. Is it sliced through like a lightsaber, or is the material sturdy enough to resist being damaged, as long as contact is short?

As an extension of the above, what happens when faced with nigh-unbreakable protosteel? Normal resist (like cortosis alloy, to keep up the Star Wars example), will is start to heat up but otherwise resist damage... or just plain be cut?

Soulswords are solid but weightless, correct. Given enough time and wielder-supplied will, a Soulsword can burn-cut through just about anything, especially if the shape of the Soulsword in question has a sharp edge that focuses its power. I imagine that most metal weapons wouldn't be able to survive more than a few combat hits - brief, but forceful - from a Soulsword blade in one spot without snapping, and any Soulsword blow would likely warp the metal to some degree, especially once it'd been given time to cool. Protosteel would fare markedly better, but it's still susceptible to melting like other metals, and so would ultimately lose out to a persistent Soulsword's weapon.

Varieties of crystal that the Menti use in armor, weapons, and other structures, having obscenely high melting points, are actually some of the most effective materials for resisting Soulswords. This is part of the reason Dasakan society developed crystal armor, weapons, and other structures. Few Menti are trained to create and maintain Soulswords hot enough to even affect crystal; those that do are usually craftswomen or smiths who work with crystal, for whom heat and precision are much more important factors in their Soulsword projections than, say, endurance and speed, which are much more important to warrior Soulsword practitioners.

• Upvote 5

test2.png

Ah, thank you. More formidable, but less intimidating than I would have thought.

Another Dasaka question, more a worldbuilding one. Due to the lack of metal, I take it compasses are incredibly rare and treasured? Or is there some variety of magnetic crystal?

Also: Is there some kind of equivalent to a 'ronin' in Dasaka culture? Or is Taajar the closest I'm going to get?

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

I imagine they look like a mix of a lightsaber and a Bound Sword from skyrim.

That's pretty much how I've been picturing them, but more of a green/blue, and dripping energy. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah, thank you. More formidable, but less intimidating than I would have thought.

Another Dasaka question, more a worldbuilding one. Due to the lack of metal, I take it compasses are incredibly rare and treasured? Or is there some variety of magnetic crystal?

Also: Is there some kind of equivalent to a 'ronin' in Dasaka culture? Or is Taajar the closest I'm going to get?

The Dasaka navigate by celestial bodies and maps. I don't think compasses are really a thing for them.

The closest thing to Ronin on Kentoku are Datsue who decide to go rogue. Most Datsue live pretty much outside the caste system anyway, so they can do (almost) whatever they want.

• Upvote 1

test2.png

That isn't to say, however, that one cannot go about creating a roninesque character, say someone who left their clan for whatever severe reason or a menti sworn to a clan who recently went extinct or to a toroshu who fell from grace. Just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't ever happen, just keep in mind that in the heavily structured and organized society that is Kentoku, such occasions would be exceedingly rare exceptions of the norm rather than the norm itself. 

In fact, I believe that has been done before. If I remember correctly, there was at least one 'clanless' character when the Kentoku topic began. I think the only thing that really needs to be said about it is this: if your character has no clan, or eschews the caste system (assuming they're not a Datsue), or otherwise doesn't fit into the Empire's way of doing things, then they will generally be treated with no more respect than a Saihoko—less, in fact.

• Upvote 1

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yup.

Eshai, played by The Darkest Chronicler, to be exact.

Located on page one of the topic.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

That ended ages ago. 

The Entropy Beetles are now extinct, and Kongu is throwing a big party for everyone. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Okay, annoucncement time.

College is coming up fast for me. As much as I'd hate to admit it, my time here is coming to a close. I intend to become a writer and while I know my best work isn't exemplified here, I've begun to heavily concentrate on what I want to for a career. As such, going into college, I will be double-majoring... Which means I won't have the spare time that I've so enjoyed these past couple of years.

Now, I'm not leaving today. I want to finish Jiyu's story. As well as wrap up the stories of the other characters I have in games other than the BZPRPG. However, there's a deal of characters that I have, that I want to have good stories, and don't want to kill, so...

I'll be giving my (living) characters away. Of course, I'm not giving away Jiyu, or Seigyo, but everyone else I'm giving up. So if you want one of them, just shoot me a PM, and we can work out a plan.

Yes.

• Upvote 2

Admittedly, that one was actually pretty cool.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Okay. I just want to apologize again for not keeping up with Halyx, Haraki and Adomai. Haraki pretty much doesn't exist anymore, and Halyx... I'm thinking of making him go "poof." Not dead "poof," but letting Lumira move on if she hasn't already.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

It's on ice right now.

That was a good one.

Are there any plans to move along if the meeting stalls past a certain point?

Not to my knowledge, no. It's a relatively important meeting, and can't really be skipped over. Of course, if things stall long enough, all expectations eventually go out the window.

So, question: who is playing Daikura Koga currently? I'm having trouble locating them, and my... Research has uncovered that something might come up between a character of mine and him.

Norik. He doesn't post as him often though.

That's true, probably because I'm not so confident playing Dasaka characters.

Also because I've lost track of the Dasaka expedition's progress.