BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

If you have an idea you're not sure about, feel free to run it by the staff anyway. Even if we say it's something we can't approve, we can provide feedback.

We only bite if the Head GM forgot to feed us.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I... Did you really... Why? 

• Upvote 4

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

He certainly isn't eating it.

D E V I L I S H

E

V

I

L

I

S

H

Anyone have use for a heavyweight Tiokaha with an eating disorder?

:evilgrin:

If you're going to be pricks, do it elsewhere.

-Tyler

• Upvote 9

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Don't mean to be a bother, but what kind of projectile weaponry exists on Mata Nui besides those specified in the native tech list? I know crossbows are a thing, but I'm talking guns. I see a lot of sweet foreign tech guns, but I can't recall seeing any that are a bit more primitive. I would assume that there are enough resources and technology on the island to make flintlocks and the like. Anyone care to be a dear and enlighten me?

I asked that very same question about a year ago, this was the response I got:

Moving on from the case closed topic, I've noticed stralix powder shares several properties of conventional black powder. So, in theory, since we apparently already have howitzer sized cannons somewhere, would it not be theoretically possible to create primitive flintlock-style pistols and muskets, using stralix powder?

Nuju has been pretty iffy about firearms for the last couple of arcs despite us having madu cabolo the entire time. While he certainly has loosened up recently I'm still not sure if he would ok something like that.

Recently, House brought up firearms with me via PM. I'll tell y'all what I told him: Mata Nui isn't gonna get firearms. I'm not a fan of guns in this game in general (I mean, really, there are so many cooler and more creative weapons you foreign characters could've gotten approved!) because, to me, they don't feel like they belong in a BIONICLE world. This is less to do with the actual technological level - our denizens have little computers, after all; controlled combustion isn't inconceivable by any means in that light -  and more to do with the tone of the world and with combat.

Introducing gunpowder weapons in a mainstream way to the island of Mata Nui would change the dynamics of PC combat on the island, and I think it'd change them for the worse. He-shot-she-shot would get boring really quickly; unrealistically dodging bullets would become an epidemic problem; there's only so much creativity you can exercise with a weapon that goes boom. "But Nuju, there are other projectile weapons in the game that you're totally fine with!" Correct. Zamors, energy pulses, plasma bolts, and etc. feel like they belong here, and not everyone has them. Bullets, which we never saw in BIONICLE, don't feel like they belong. Besides, if the native populace of Toa, Turaga, and Matoran had access to guns, why would they ever use anything else?

I keep guns out of the game as much as I can to preserve the variety of combat and to keep us grounded - even in spite of the island's technological advances - in a world that feels like an extension of the MNOLG (at least, that's the dream).

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

A Vortixx character of mine I haven't played in a while has an arm-mounted triple-burst crossbow and a single-bladed greataxe that can turn into a single-shot cannon. That's technically a firearm, just not the usual kind. Most guns aren't also axes, nor are they actual cannons.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

at this point when a koro is manufacturing enormous steam cannons for domestic use in addition to their nuju-approved air rifles, i think we're not far away from the point where firearms become applicable, especially as we reach more foreign locations with different levels of tech - see the discrepancy between just mata nui and kentoku, and the technological advantages each has over the other

change is inevitable fam, some of it bionicle based and some of it not

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

A joke that two people in the entire topic will get is pointless clutter. Nor was it very relevant to the ongoing discussion, which was already borderline tangential as it is.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

two people and anyone who listened to the podcast you supposedly recorded

it was indeed relevant to the ongoing discussion, the topic of which being questions pertaining to next arc.

i know you've lost any sense of being gun-shy my friend but think

helo frens

two people and anyone who listened to the podcast you supposedly recorded

it was indeed relevant to the ongoing discussion, the topic of which being questions pertaining to next arc.

i know you've lost any sense of being gun-shy my friend but think

Raz, the bottom line is that it ultimately is not up to you to determine what is and isn't spam. If the world worked that way, nothing would ever be found to be in violation of the rules. I told you not to spam, and you won't. Whether this specific instance is spam is irrelevant given that you have to be told not to spam anyway, and it doesn't mean the next time won't be.

I'm done arguing this with you, and in the interests of not disrupting this topic any further, you will be too.

I got a real question away from the discussion of spam(which is almost spam itself).

Is there any Rahi that is NOT on Mata Nui at this point in game? I imagine a K. Dragon, but I'm not sure about any others...

There are quite a few Rahi that are not on Mata Nui, in large part because it is unclear whether they ever made the migration from Metru Nui. In general, it's best to assume that any Rahi not canonically known to be on the island is something the staff should be asked about.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg