BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Alright, so I've just had a species concept of mine approved, and now they are available to play for everyone!

The Tiokaha

The Tiokaha are a hardy species, originating from a climate colder than found on Mata-Nui. They care deeply for nature and its balance, and although many of them are hunters, they never hunt more than they need, and they never waste any part of their prey. Their inherent powers are different from those of Toa, Skakdi and Lesterin. 

They have powers such as weaponizing their own blood, communicating with and taking on the traits of animals, controlling and feeling through plants, healing wounds and organic materials, hearing minds and protecting them from mental assault, manipulating other people's emotions, and seeing and interacting with bodiless spirits as well as iden powers with an added offense element.

Further details on the species are in this blog post here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/1693/entry-133963-new-species-concept-finalized/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

Alright, so I've just had a species concept of mine approved, and now they are available to play for everyone!

The Tiokaha

The Tiokaha are a hardy species, originating from a climate colder than found on Mata-Nui. They care deeply for nature and its balance, and although many of them are hunters, they never hunt more than they need, and they never waste any part of their prey. Their inherent powers are different from those of Toa, Skakdi and Lesterin.

They have powers such as weaponizing their own blood, communicating with and taking on the traits of animals, controlling and feeling through plants, healing wounds and organic materials, hearing minds and protecting them from mental assault, manipulating other people's emotions, and seeing and interacting with bodiless spirits as well as iden powers with an added offense element.

This... Could become a very powerful clan. :evilgrin: Anyone else like that idea?

Also, staff question: would each of this species have to be approved before playing?

That's actually really cool. I'm interested to see where people go with this idea. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It would also be PC only, given that clans and their benefits are Kentoku only, and any immense gathering of PCs from the same player in the same group would be looked upon very, very unfavorably. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Huh, this is actually a really interesting idea. Reminds me of the old BZPRPG when we could actually come up with cool thi-

I mean...

Nevermind, ignore me

• Upvote 5

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I'm gonna go make Flabbergaster.

*sigh*

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm gonna go make Flabbergaster.

*sigh*

My sentiments exactly.

Originality for the win.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

On a more serious note, how is this going to work IC? Do we act as if this new race has been on the island the entire time, or are they only just appearing on Mata Nui now? 

• Upvote 2

It doesn't particularly matter that much.

Nobody batted an eye at uh, what was KNI's giant species thing called again?

Or the Mermen. Like, the Mermen were just there.

Lesterin and Iroiit too.

Really, the only time a custom species actually went fullblown big-time was when the Mystix invaded.

It was hilarious.

• Upvote 1

On a more serious note, how is this going to work IC? Do we act as if this new race has been on the island the entire time, or are they only just appearing on Mata Nui now? 

This, and also, good to see a brand new species introduced. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Having another read over the blog post, I have a question regarding the Mark of the Beast: when it says that it allows them to communicate with rahi, does that apply to all rahi types - aquatic, insect, avian, etc. - or are there limitations? 

I figured I'd be better off asking here rather than in the comments of the blog post. 

Hmmm... That is actually a really good question.

From what I've read so far, their way of life seems quite similar to the Skaal from the Elder Scrolls series, and the description of their homeland sounds a little bit like Solstheim (before the eruption of Red Mountain, anyway). Taking that into account, I would imagine that those with the Iaru might be a little more comfortable and used to bonding with the Rahi native to that specific habitat since the number of species available probably wouldn't be as diverse (in other words, it may be easier for them to bond with Rahi closer to mammals, birds, or fish than insects, amphibians, or reptiles).

Then again, this is just my current hypothesis, and I could be wrong.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Pretty much what Hub said: they've been on Mata Nui as long as any other 'foreign' species has. It's not at all implausible that your characters would have never seen (or even heard of) them, thanks to their generally solitary (and in some cases nomadic) nature. I expect Tiokaha living in the Koros would be very much a rarity.

Having another read over the blog post, I have a question regarding the Mark of the Beast: when it says that it allows them to communicate with rahi, does that apply to all rahi types - aquatic, insect, avian, etc. - or are there limitations? 

I figured I'd be better off asking here rather than in the comments of the blog post. 

The 'communication' is very much a two-way dialogue, similar to how the Kanohi Rau works, and requires just as much understanding on the Rahi's part as on the Tiokaha's. The more intelligent the Rahi, the better you will be able to communicate with it.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

...similar to how the Kanohi Rau works, and requires just as much understanding on the Rahi's part as on the Tiokaha's. 

Ah, okay. Up until now, I've been thinking of it being more akin to the power of rahi control, which for whatever reason didn't include insects, thus making me wonder if the mark would only work on specific types of rahi.

But if you're saying it's more like the rau, that makes sense. 

Well... that was enlightening... 

So as far as appearance goes, the Tiokaha basically look like thicker, bulkier Toa?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yeah, pretty much: 

[18/08/2015 6:06:51 PM](Ghosthands): They're similar to Toa, but stockier

[18/08/2015 6:06:59 PM](Ghosthands): and probably shorter

So they're essentially dwarven Toa then...?

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I don't think they're that much shorter... 

Yeah, that was a bad description on my part.

I was actually refering to somewhere along the lines of a standard HF set in comparison to a 2015 (or Generation 1) Toa.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: