BIONICLE in pop culture

KZN02

This was a topic back then in bzpower, but I haven't seen it here, so I guess I'll bring it back. (if it was closed for a reason previously, I can't find that out because whatever links that remain don't work). So where have you seen BIONICLE sets in other media?

I guess the most recent one mostly everyone knows is the episode "To the Lighthouse" from Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

The Master of Tediosness

guess the most recent one mostly everyone knows is the episode "To the Lighthouse" from Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

That made me so happy! The guy even got some of the trivia right!

Let's see, I was reading an old Ultimate Spider-Man comic book and Spidey KO's this cyborg dude and he says something like, "OK, let's open this Bionicle up..." That made me happy too! :D

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I remember seeing a Vahki in this one movie a while ago...trying to remember the name. I remember that scene had a group of dwarves entering into a modern boy's room...this sounds really weird, I'm going to have to look this up. I think it was that one with that huge cloud dog thing the boy befriends.

I guess the most recent one mostly everyone knows is the episode "To the Lighthouse" from Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Reference to VNOLG?

I guess. I have just seen the scene. It was awesome.

But that scene used 2009 sets. I guess BS01 didn't exist in that universe.

The Master of Tediosness

Probably going to tell how old I am here, but...

I forget what episode, but in "That's so Raven," Corey has some Bionicle canisters sitting on a shelf, I think of Gali and Tahu. Haven't seen the show in years. And then on this one channel, some talk show host guy asked "where are my Bionicles?" And then there was a movie sometime back that had some of the figures in them. I want to say it was the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still," but I might be so wrong. It might have come out the same year as that movie did. And I wanna say it was the Rahkshi that were featured, but again, it's been so long since I've seen much of anything. I'm lucky I even remember and of it.

(on an off note, I personally don't refer to the toys as "Bionicles" and as "Bionicle figures" or "Bionicle toys," so to those who don't like referring to the toys as the former, please don't get mad at me as I refer to them as the latter two terms)

oh i can think of 3 off hand one in the book maximum ride by james patterson they go to a toy store and it mentions there is a huge display for bionicle.

The other 2 is in a show called love it or list it one of the kids in the house has some bionicles on their bedrest and the other is in the movie Dickie Roberts: Former child star, so yeah those are the only 2 i have seen

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

in Malcolm in the Middle 1st or 2nd season Reese got an Onua Mata for Christmas

If I remember correctly, there was also one episode (I forgot in which season) which shows Dewey playing with a Tahu and Gali Mata.

i was gonna post this one. dewey was fighting them with em without their masks.

NormalSig.jpg

oh! and in one of the Spy Kids movies (I want to say the first) Gali Mata is on the guy's (forgot his name) desk in the background

How did I miss this?!?! I have to watch it again to see...

well, it was the second movie, I'm pretty sure. and Gali is pretty foggy, I only saw it because someone paused it and I like to scan over the screen when it's paused, so...

Previously known as Aiwendil.

• 4 weeks later...

oh! and in one of the Spy Kids movies (I want to say the first) Gali Mata is on the guy's (forgot his name) desk in the background

How did I miss this?!?! I have to watch it again to see...

well, it was the second movie, I'm pretty sure. and Gali is pretty foggy, I only saw it because someone paused it and I like to scan over the screen when it's paused, so...

also, it was in the second. I saw Lewa too when they were hacking into the computers to send the other spies off course.

Previously known as Aiwendil.