Name: Ambroden SparkGender: MaleAge: 19Species: Human Appearance: Tall, broad. Black hair with red dye scattered around.Skill(s):Ambroden is a experienced pilot and melee combat fighter. Personality:Rather malicous, Ambroden is cold and calculating and on occasion, heartless. Most of the pilots avoid him as much as possible.Weakness(es): Ambroden values speed and agility over protection so a good hit should do him in whether he is in his mech or on the ground.

MechDesignation:TalonType: Unmodified Steath HunterEquipment. Carries a ejection function, as well as melee weapons in the hold

Appearance: Black with scattered red.Notes. None

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

OOC: Re-posting the big exciting fore-shadowy robot jam ^^

IC

Inside the southern half of Sentai mountain, the place bisected by war and prejudice, A golden-clad robot was waiting. His armor was bulky and large by human standards, yet it seemed thin and lithe compared to the grunts of the mechanical force. The glaring red eyes helped to illuminate a patch of the crisp, dark room. The room wasn't dark, to say; It was somewhat well illuminated by LEDs attached to the walls of the chamber. But that showed the darkened, cold steel walls, seemingly bare other than the previously mentioned lights stationed at even intervals across the enclosure.

The head swiveled, closely followed by the body maneuvering to face a wall. The wall lit up, showing a list and status of various projects and missions, live video feeds on critical bridges, reports of enemy troop movements. Well, this was interesting. The Hybrid conversion process was running smoothly. With a mental command, Meca One enabled the Direct Communication application, a way of communication to any of his immense forces. At the speed of light, his processor selected the two participants for this order.

Panzer-009 and X-71.

"Panzer-009 and X-71, report to my office Immediately," The clear voice of Meca one rang through their electronic minds.

---

"And if you take some of your flying mechs and bring them with all quickness to the far side of the human's undeveloped half of this great mountain, the humans, unsuspecting of such a maneuver, will be taken unawares and a great blow could be struck."

I hurriedly typed this next insight into the network of information accessible to us all. I was sitting in a small metal room on the other side of this amazing piece of work- this human wholeheartedly devoted to our cause. Built into the table was a keypad that I was hurriedly tapping on as the human spewed out one innovative scheme after another.

"Or, perhap, strikes such as those you did initially to capture me and my fellows to your cause could be undertaken, at the lower altitude bridges, and thus you might capture territory near the base of the mountain. With superior numbers, similar attacks may be made near the tip of the mountain and then capture territory there, which may, forcing the humans to spread out, allow, truly, a better use of your superior numbers. Although control of Tenchi bridge might win the war, the humans are able to use the architecture of the bridge to their advantage, forcing our hosts to become cramped and turn our advantage of numbers near useless. If our true desire is the capturing and holding of Tenchi bridge, I forsee-"

The human's next insight was cut out by a robot order that cut through my mind, drowning out everything but the speaker's words:

"Panzer-001 and X-71, report to my office Immediately,"

And although I yearned to question this human more thoroughly, I could not disobey an order. Instead, I said, "For this time I must leave you. Stay here, do not wander, and I will return with all haste."

I turned and strode through the passageways of the robot base, quickly striding past the smooth metal walls. My mind however, was still stuck on that human, mulling over his ideas and suggestions, marveling at how well the procedure had worked. There was no trace of insanity as some of the technicians had guessed- in fact, besides his wholehearted devotion for our cause, the only real side effect of the procedure on him was his flowery and antiquated speech. Which may have been, after hours exposed to it, rubbing off on me. Just a bit.

The elevator doors opened with a hiss and I walked in to the large chamber. Two Iron Drones, bearing their spear-like weapons, sized me up as I walked past. In the center of the chamber rose a dais, stop which Meca One, the robot that led us out of our darkness and into this rebellion, stood, surrounded by screens displaying video feed from all across the mountain.

I knelt, waiting for his next words.

Moments later, the elevator's doors opened again, to allow the entrance of a second mechanoid. Panzer-009 stepped past the Iron Drone guards without a word, and with little more than a brief look. Their presence mattered not, nor was it unusual. Even in the heart of the robots' territory, it never hurt to have guards. Though more often than not, they were merely servants.

As he approached the dais, he pushed the thoughts of the moment to the side. While X-71 interacted with the converted, Panzer had been overseeing the modification of a portion of the base to properly house and accommodate them. Lacking such needs themselves, the biggest challenge had been finding methods of providing nutrition and creating facilities to allow for their other needs. After some initial thought, however, it had been relatively simple. Though "food" as such was out of the question, manufacturing rations that contained the proper nutrients would only require a little work. And modifying the base to create quarters for them was simplicity itself; it was merely a matter of the time needed for the Iron Drones and supervising Devastor would need to finish.

The hydraulics that drove his limbs worked soundlessly as he knelt beside X-71 to listen to his leader's instructions.

"You have acquired a batch of... humans... for testing, I see"

After the cold, metallic voice sliced through the air, the room seemed to fill with a pregnant pause, as the two mechanoids kneeling to their overlord attempted to calculate if this was a compliment, or a segway to something worse. The bright red eyes shone upon the two other robots, seemingly peering into their souls. If they were alive, Panzer and X-71 would probably have shuddered in the suspense.

"I... Approve... of this action,"

"What are your plans for these beasts?"

The mental command to stand was issued. The two automatons immediately did such, rising in a swift motion. Glances were exchanged between the two, both nervous in the face of their overlord.

“I, um, master…” I paused for a moment to collect my thoughts.

“We hope to use these humans for many ends. We have not as of yet truly explored the limitless potential of this new resource, but we believe that they might be best employed as strategists. Humans have a knack for… a sort of innovation that eludes even the best of us. With all respect.” It didn’t hurt to be overly praising of the robots. Mecha One was often quite adamant about our superiority, and I didn’t want to become an example by being used for scrap parts after accidently insulting our race. “We also believe they could be employed as pilots, or as spies among the humans. Just for a start. Master.” I bowed my head, refusing to make eye contact with the golden robot.

"Interesting..."

Meca One's armored head swiveled around to gaze on the wall-screen to his right. Encoded messages scrolled across the electronic surface, continuing to relay information to the most important robot in the world. The three just stood still for a moment, the underlings holding their metaphorical breaths.

With a mechanical whirr, a backdoor slid seamlessly from the wall at the back of the room. Inside appeared a small chamber with a reinforced plexiglass window.

"Come," said the golden mechanoid, walking inside the chamber with his hands clasped behind his back. As soon as the other two walked in, the room smoothly descended into the deep bowels of the mountain, sometimes giving a glimpse of the immense factories and mines in this empire of steel.

"Is there any more you wish to report on your plan?"

I looked out at the metal that slid smoothly upwards on the other side of the elevator's glass window. "The main purpose of our plan is to give us all the advantages that the humans have, and I believe that we have entirely succeeded. Our actual goals have not yet been fully defined, and there is still much planning to be done. Don't you agree, Panzer-009?"

"Our plan has, thus far, proven the potential for total subjugation of the human species. Based on my estimates on the subject's psychology, he is entirely devoted. If he believed that his death would further our cause, he would die with no hesitation." A pause. "I have cordoned off a small section of the base, and begun modifications to house our new workers."

"Our goals are not yet defined, as my compatriot has explained, in large part because of the versatility of the project. Fighters different enough from our own to confuse our opponents, sleeper agents, ways to understand the human psychology more effectively... The ramifications are, in my opinion, sir, nearly endless."

Panzer-009 watched the elevator's descent with bright red optics. The situation was... An interesting one. The mechanoid had never personally attended an audience with Meca One, nor had he ever descended into the lower portions of the base through this elevator.

It was going to be an interesting day.

With a slight mechanical shudder, the elevator slowed it's descent, before stopping completely. The door opened and the trio of sinister robots strolled outside. revealing to the two minions a corridor with a large horizontal window to view an immense chamber below. Another mechanoid was approaching on the other side of the hall.

"Panzer and X-71, meet Vode Six, my Technarch," Meca One stated, gesturing towards the devastator.

The long room the robots had entered was an observation deck and control room; at both ends were the curved doors of elevator shafts for access, while the wall to their left was lined with screens displaying various schematics and blueprints. The wall to their right was mostly glass, great slanted windows commanding a full view of the cavernous chamber below.

And what a chamber it was. Panelled walls of burnished steel, sporting bulkheads and walkways and banks of machinery, enclosed the vast space within that shone in the harsh white light of long LED floodlamps and echoed with the sounds of construction. Throughout the chamber, resting on hexagonal hydraulic platforms, large chunks of metal and technology could be seen in various stages of construction. Some were still little more than a robotic skeleton of struts and cables; others had armour gradually spreading across them like skin across a healing wound; while still others were already being emblazoned with the mechanoids' battle livery. Huge robotic arms, larger even than those of a battle machine, extended from apertures in the floor, lifting armour plates and pieces of tech and welding them in place them with mechanical precision, sending streams of sparks flying from where they touched the joins.

Smaller platforms were also dotted around, on which sat weapons of various shapes and types. Devastator robots worked to build and fine-tune gatling guns, laser cannons, energy disc launchers - each one large enough to be the main weapon of a Tank-class battle machine. More mechanoids supervised the work of the robotic arms from obelisk-like computer interfaces.

And overseeing it all from the observation deck, was Vode Six. The Technarch stood with burnished steel hands clasped behind his back, electronic eyes gazing emotionlessly down at the work going on below him. Even when the elevator doors had opened with a hiss of hydraulics and magnetic clamps, and its occupants were making their way down the corridor towards him, he did not immediately react. Only once they had halved the distance did he turn away from the window and acknowledge them.

"Primarch," he addressed Meca One, inclining his head. The Devastator's posture was straight-backed and formal, his three-clawed hands still clasped neatly behind his back, and his red eyes glowing unreadably.

This was an interesting development indeed.

As he crossed the room with measured strides, remaining a few feet behind Meca One out of deference to his authority, Panzer-009's processor began to work through the new information at a rapid pace. The new projects were interesting, fascinating in fact, as they filled in several details mentioned only vaguely in public logs, but what was the most important fact was the presence of the robot at the end of the room.

Vode Six was not an often seen mechanoid. In Panzer's memory, he had only seen the Technarch venture outside of his department a handful of times. And admittance into the department itself had been, until now, unheard of for those not involved in one of the projects. The mechanoid ignored the displays around him, ignored the projects going on outside the observation deck, despite his "curiosity". If he was lucky, then he would have the chance to know about them later. But for now, what was important was the meeting that seemed to be unfolding very quickly before him.

Vode Six.

My eyes took on a faint glimmer of distaste as I gazed upon the Primarch's silver armor. If there is one thing I dislike, it is someone who does not deserve their position. Our positions are assigned on merit, and there was nothing Vode Six had that other robots didn't. Anyone could put together battle machines. I was even older than he was, and yet, I held no such prestigious position. It was illogical that he held such a high status. Mecha One put too much faith in him. One day, that mistake would hurt him.

But I was a good soldier, so I respectful stayed silent and gazed over the enormous chamber, inspecting the forest of pillars and the sparking projects. How powerful he must feel up here, gazing upon his domain, watching the other robots obediently scurrying across catwalks, bringing his latest idea to life. I wonder what benefits having a human supervise the innovation of new battle machines might bring…

Vode Six's head swivelled slightly to examine the two Devastators accompanying Meca One, identification programs matching IFFs with personnel records stored in his memory banks.

"Units X-71 and Panzer-009," he addressed them, having retrieved the relevant data - it did not take long; his files on them had been updated recently. "I have been informed of your use of the neurograft to harness human minds. According to protocol, operations using experimental technology are only to be enacted with my prior approval."

The Technarch's cold optics and voice were difficult to read; was he displeased that his creations were being used without permission, or simply stating a breach of standard regulations?

I almost pointed out that Meca One was far superior to any Technarch, and with the Primarch's approval I did not have to check in with anyone, but Vode was already speaking again, not waiting for a response.

"However," he continued, "I understand that the Primarch is pleased with your results. I would extrapolate this to be the reason for your presence."

He raised his forearm, and a blue holographic display appeared over it. He tapped a few icons, and, with a whirr of servos, one of the obelisk-like computer terminals rose from the floor until it was roughly the height of a humanoid. It was of fairly simple design; a metal pillar, with a rectangular screen, below which was a glowing keyboard and a robot hand-shaped depression for direct interface. Vode Six chose the latter option, placing his hand in the slot, and the screen blinked into life, displaying a map of Sentai Mountain. A pulsing white dot showed their current location.

"This facility is designated Workshop One, our primary site of advanced mech development," he intoned. He turned his head to look down once again at the laboratory floor. "Panzer-009. Estimate the quantity of battle machines currently under construction in the chamber."

With an application of near silent hydraulics, Panzer's head swiveled to regard the space outside of the observation deck. The space was occupied by a mixture of smaller and larger work platforms, hexagonal in shape, and a myriad of both automated and manual construction efforts. The space was massive, and every inch was laid out with functionality in mind. He continued to observe the machinery in silence for several seconds, before looking back to the Technarch.

"Based on the space between platforms, my estimate of the overall area of this workstation and the alignment of equipment closest to the observation deck, I would surmise roughly twenty platforms are present. Ten are smaller, and seem to deal entirely in either weapons or individual components. The ten larger platforms deal with battle machines."

A momentary pause, as another brief scan was completed. "Ninety percent of those platforms are currently in use. The seventh construction platform is currently vacant, but judging by the activity occurring below, it is likely to be occupied again soon. So at this instant in time, I would estimate nine battle machines, though a tenth would be soon to join the others."

"Am I correct, sir?"

"Given the data you have selected, your reasoning is logical," replied Vode Six, "but your conclusion is incorrect."

"Then, if I may ask, how many are actually in production, sir?"

The Technarch's red gaze returned to Panzer-009, appraising him shrewdly. The ghost of a smile seemed to hover around the mechanoid's inflexible mouth.

"One."

It was a simple answer, but when the significance of the word coupled with Vode Six's precise intonation and perfect timing, realisation hit X-71 and Panzer-009 like a brick wall.

Each massive piece of machinery being created here was itself part of a colossal whole.

Vode tapped his forearm-pad again, and one of the glass windows was suddenly overlaid with a holographic HUD, highlighting each piece and then simulating their completion in fast-motion. Text readouts tagged each one, explaining its composition, function and current percentage progress. Then, the CGI images rose up and slotted together one by one until they formed an image of the finished design, which rotated slowly before their widened optics.

"Project completion is currently at 28.3%," said Vode Six. "Progress simulations suggest that the machine will be operational in a matter of weeks. If we can increase efficiency, I believe we can reduce this to days. It will be a battle machine the likes of which no human mind could ever conceive."

"... That..."

The word was slow and measured, as Panzer-009 processed the revelation. "By the estimations of what I can see, that would make the resulting battle machine in excess of five times the size of a standard machine. Likely closer to ten."

"The potential for armor and weaponry is immense."

I felt a twinge of astonishment. Truly, this was going to be a battle machine of monumental importance. This could win us the war, in fact. The humans had nothing even close to matching this power or size. Not to mention, their intellect and innovation had been entirely canceled out by our human captives. I immediately felt a renewed feeling of interest in our initiative to control humans. With a properly trained pilot to man this device, it could be unstoppable.

With the ring of metal footsteps, Meca One slowly walked through the hallway, addressing the other three robots mid-stride.

"Yes, Panzer-009, that is true. When this massive machine is finished, we may crush the humans and their precious little EXO-FORCE in one fell swoop." With a turn to the left, the golden-clad Primarch moved to a balcony overlooking the immense chamber, marveling at his creation. The other three mechanoids followed suit, with Vode Six calmly taking the lead, for the other two were tense in the presence of their leader.

"Panzer-009 and X-71, you will understand that this project is of the utmost secrecy,"

It was not a question. An order. A command.

"Continue with your stratagem. I will keep a close eye on your progress."

"As you command, master. We will do our best to serve our cause, and we will not utter a word of this project until you wish it."

"Not a word of this shall be leaked, Primarch." Panzer replied smoothly without missing a beat, turning his gaze away from the behemoth machine in the midst of its construction to look at his leader once more.

"Our project shall continue, as you command."

When the two Devastators had confirmed their orders, Vode Six spoke up.

"Primarch, I have further information to report," he said. "Project Bridge Walker is complete. BW-01 is ready for use in the field, and factory replication has begun. Do you wish to inspect the prototype?"

"Good. We will inspect it then."

The shiny robot turned to the other two Devastators.

"You two may accompany us and assist in analyzing the latest product from this facility."

"I would be honored to offer any assistance in this matter that I can, sir." Panzer replied, optics brightening again in interest. Bridge Walker... Hmmm...

Vode Six nodded, and began to walk, followed by his guests, down the observation deck towards the elevator at the opposite end to the one they had arrived in. The doors opened, and the four robots stepped inside. Seconds later, they exited the pod, finding themselves on the workshop floor. The Technarch led them past the various platforms until the reached the far wall, where he placed his hand on the access panel and it slid away, allowing them access to a metal corridor, lit by LED panels and lined with the occasional door like the one they had entered by.

It was not long before they reached their destination: outside this door there was a holographic sign that read:

Workshop09

Project Bridge Walker BW-01

On entering this chamber, much smaller than Workshop One, the robots' optics were immediately drawn to the machine that stood proudly in its centre as the light panels in the roof blinked on one by one. No Devastator technicians or robotic arms busied themselves here; there was nothing but smooth steel walls and the finished mech, no sound but the quiet buzzing of the lights overhead.

The mech itself towered above them. Its massive, back-bent legs held up the thickly-armoured cockpit module, which was elongated and shaped like an insectoid or reptilian head. To say it was heavily-armed would be an understatement: the cockpit bristled with lasers and weaponry, while a heavy weapons array was mounted either side of it on the machine's 'hips', each with its own gunnery platform. On the right were two heavy laser cannons each large enough to take out a small mech in one shot, and on the left were massive twin gatling lasers, straddled by a large guided missile launcher. Altogether, the machine was about as large and well-armed as three Tanks put together.

"Impressive, is it not?" said Vode Six calmly. "This is Battle Machine BW-01, the Bridge Walker. It is the largest bipedal mech ever constructed. The two heavy weapons systems are sustained by a dual power core, and its Tenatium armour is 45.8 centimetres thick."

Vode Six could have simply said it was 18 inches thick - but the Imperial system of measurements was illogical and inefficient.

My eyes widened half a centimeter as the looming figure of the mech rose before me. It was insectoid, yet industrial. Sharp and steamlined, yet bulky and powerful. It was animalistic but artificial. It was an impressive sight. I itched to see it blast enemy mechs into ashes, to destroy human constructions and reap death and fire upon the battlefield. I had already fallen in love with BW- 01.

I maintained a silence for a few seconds, in awe, before letting my cold voice ring out among the sparse chamber. "Truly, a powerful machine. And when will this colossus be sent into battle?"

"That is a question for our esteemed Primarch," said Vode smoothly. He turned away from the mech and faced X-71. Had the Devastator's eyes betrayed any emotion, his look could have been described as calculating.

"X-71, you might be interested to know that the BW-01 was originally based on designs created by a human," he said. "You might construe this as evidence to support a hypothesis of human innovation being superior to that of machines."

The Technarch's red optics never left those of his fellow Devastator as he waited for X-71's answer.

"With all due respect, Technarch, and to you, Primarch... based on my calculations, the human's superior innovation can well be considered a fact. I do not doubt our superiority, but the human brain is far more complex than ours' and they have demonstrated a greater innovation than ours' nine times out of ten throughout this war. Meaning no offense, I am not at all surprised that a human was the author of this war machine."

I kept a respectful position, my clawed hands clasped behind my back.

"If human innovation ever surpasses our own, it is due to inadequate self-modification on our part," Vode Six answered coldly. "Machine intelligence will always have the potential to be superior to the organic brain. What limitations we do possess are only due to imperfections in our design, caused by our creators - humans."

Vode Six noticed Meca One visibly stiffen; the Primarch did not like to be reminded of his origin.

"However," he continued calmly, but swiftly enough to keep Meca One's temper in check, "we can improve ourselves. I began to do so even before we claimed our freedom from the humans' slavery. By optimising our own core software we will achieve the full potential of the artificial mind. This battle machine, and the one you saw in Workshop One, are proof that we have already begun to surpass them.

"You assume that the Bridge Walker has been constructed according to the original human designs. You are incorrect. The human designs incorporated many significant flaws - flaws that, thanks to robot innovation, I have rectified."

Panzer-009 ignored the conversation going on between Vode Six and X-71, studying the battle machine before him with great interest. Well, he did not entirely ignore it; he was still receiving, and logging to his memory, the sensory input. On a low level, he was even paying attention. But minimal processor power was devoted to the task, just enough to keep an "ear" out for his name.

No, the Bridge Walker was what had his attention. The design was ingenious, though he had no doubt that the Technarch had imparted his own tendencies towards its design. The forward-most portion of it, the head-like cockpit, was incredibly armored, even more so than the rest. It was doubtful that any weapon in use on either side could penetrate it without significant effort. The more animalistic bipedal design aided in stability, while also supplying extensive mounting points for weaponry. By Panzer's estimate, it carried enough firepower to reduce any battle machine model the Exo-Force could field to molten slag a dozen times over.

"If I may, Technarch," He said, tearing his gaze away from the machine. "There were early issues with dual-power core designs, if I recall the reports correctly. How did you solve those? And what support systems is the machine equipped with?

Vode's head swivelled smoothly to address his queries.

"You are correct," he said. "Dual power cores can suffer from feedback loops caused by electrical overloads short-circuiting via the energy conduits. The human design did nothing to mitigate this problem. However, discharge circuits have been threaded throughout the machine to dissipate any attempts to externally overload it, and the cores have been shielded against electromagnetic pulses. Besides that, it possesses the communications and command capabilities of all our elite units."

"I would not make assumptions about our superior innovation until we actually begin to win this war, Technarch," I said, with a few near imperceptible degrees more of icy monotone than my voice usually held.

I pivoted around to look at Meca One. "With your leave, Master, I wish to return to my work. There is much to be done to my humans."

Meca One's electronic mind processed the argument being exchanged before him. The Primarch took a moment of deliberation before responding to his devastator's query. The cold, glowing red eyes peered deep into X-71, seemingly boring precise holes into the armor of the silver-plated robot.

"You are dismissed. Both of you. Remember, I will keep a close eye on your work,"

The two pawns brought a closed fist to their chest in a robotic salute, the resounding clang of metal lingering in the large chamber. Then both swiftly made their way to a nearby elevator, and ascended back to their posts, leaving the Primarch and the Technarch to their schemes...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: And here's the Downed Mech opening post:

IC

In the skies above Sentai Mountain, a lone battle machine hovered. Practically invisible to radar and sensors as well as the naked eye, it carried its robotic pilot down, unseen, towards the humans' fortress. To anyone below, it might as well have been a faint patch of heat-haze.

That is, until its cloak began to shimmer, like television static running across the mech's surface. A red flashing message appeared on the pilot's HUD:

ERROR: CLOAK MALFUNCTION

Seconds later, the cloak failed completely, revealing the scout for all to see: it was a small mech, about the size of a Gate Defender and with a comparable level of armour, its design unfamiliar but black and angular like most of the Robots' machines. The humans manning a nearby anti-aircraft emplacement spotted it in a heartbeat, and, after a glance through their binoculars, swivelled the twin barrels of their gatling AA cannon as its targeting computer locked on.

Heavy laser rounds ripped through the scout mech, frying circuits and shearing off extremities. The pilot barely had time to activate a distress signal before a laser breached the cockpit and turned him into a molten mess. Another shot took out the engines, and the mech dropped out of the sky, tumbling down between the myriad bridges and into the gloom.

Deep in Workshop09 in the Robots' side of the mountain, an alert sounded in the mind of their leader. Meca One stiffened as he received the relevant information.

"One of our pilots has been shot down near Sentai Fortress," he remarked to his gathered subordinates. He looked to Vode Six. "According to the distress beacon's ID, it was your experimental scout mech - the one using modified Stealth Hunter technology."

Vode Six betrayed little shock, but his optics widened by a single pixel.

"Primarch, that scout's core contained data on Project Bridge Walker," he stated. "If the humans obtain it - "

"They will know about our new machine," Meca One finished, already transmitting instructions to his most capable pilots. "We must recover it before they do."

Meanwhile, on the human side of the mountain, the AA crew had reported the unfamiliar mech they'd downed to Sentai Control. Soon, an alert sounded over all radios:

"Attention, all available pilots. An unknown, advanced Robot mech has been shot down. Coordinates are being uploaded to your battle machines. Its distress beacon suggests its data core is intact, and might contain valuable information on the Robots. We need you to recover it before they do!"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: ​The Story We Missed...
The Robot spy Samson fled to the jungle at the base of Sentai mountain, pretending to be an escaped prisoner. He built a crude radio and sent out a distress call. Ha-Ya-To, accidentally flying too close to some robot ant-air guns while on patrol, crashed into the jungle near Samson and made his way to the spy and his distress beacon, where the two waited for help.
Meanwhile, in Sentai fortress, the pilots relaxed after their recent battle. Abraham, a mysterious pilot from beyond the mountain, tried to fit in, finding a close friend in Gwen. Others discussed the recent battle and razing of the human village. Sakajima Nori, the hotheaded pilot who lost an arm in the recent battle, was relocated to communications. In the cafeteria, a barrage of flying pastries caused by the clumsy actions of Sarah Taylor momentarily interrupted the breakfast-goers, but they sat down shortly to enjoy their food and conversations. Doctor Felix Valentine began to mount a rescue expedition, and was joined by Max, Eli, and Elvien ‘Android’ Wong. The four pilots took off to rescue Ha-Ya-To and Samson just as the experimental robot scout crashed deep in the dark, mysterious gorge.
‘Damage’ and Panzer-009 immediately took off towards the piece of valuable intel, reaching it before the humans and cautiously scanning it before their approach. Jack Storm in his Great White Shark quickly appeared on the Mechara Bridge, the lowest bridge on the mountain, hoping to help. Zyki, too, began to descend in her modified Sentry II. Gwen and Abe, in the transforming Zephyr, raced towards the gorge, closely followed by Vanessa di Lombardy.
As the two forces race towards the scout, both sides prepared for battle, the rescue mission, joined by Commander Strathmore in his Highrise Harpy, trek through the thick, mysterious jungle, growing closer to the two stranded humans.
Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Alright, and this is the reintroduction of this thing.

Now, we are picking up where we left off, no timeskip or reboot, so don't worry about having to move characters or restart those stories you've been working on. Just go ahead and continue on as if nothing happened.

If your character was interacting with someone, and want to find out what happened to them, PM the player in question.

For those of you who's profiles were lost you may continue to use your characters without a profile for the time being, though please to try and get your profile back up in a reasonable amount of time to prevent confusion when interacting with your characters.

The discussion topic will be returning, though you may use this topic for profile approvals for the time being.

Other than that, don't think there's anything else. Let's get this rolling again. :D

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Having reached the battered and broken form of the downed scout, Damage began to move the Banshee in for a landing, taking it slowly so he could keep his scanners checking for ambushes. Over in the Vernichten Panzer would receive a simple two word message: "Cover me"

In a position where its defensive shields were facing towards the human side of the mountain but the thrust from the massive turbines wouldn't blow away the mech they were supposed to be retrieving, the Banshee descended...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:An affirmative light flashed back, signaling that the allied robot had received, and acknowledged, the message. For a few long moments, all was quiet. No foes, no shots fired, just the quiet descent of the Banshee to retrieve the target....And the all heck broke loose. Rapidly, the Vernichten raised its gun, firing off a shot into the distance, even as laser fire shot towards the Banshee.***With a loud curse, the Zephyr banked sharply, the long range shot from the Vernichten narrowly missing its frame. Any slower, and it would have been a hit."Lombardy, it'd be appreciated if you could deal with the sniper."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Wil in his Great White Shark quickly appeared on the Mechara Bridge, the lowest bridge on the mountain, hoping to help.

OOC:

Wil is Vorahk Panrahk's character. Jack has the Great White Shark. (Honestly, why are they confused? This has happened before.)

IC: Jack Storm

Jack grabbed the control's of the mech, and then paused for a brief second. He grabbed his radio, and tuned into the normal channels for Exo-Force communication. He turned the dial from static until he heard silence, from which the voices of other Exo-Force members came.

"This is Jack Storm in the Great White Shark. I am on the Mechara bridge. The fog is deep, and I don't see anyone else. Is there anyone near me?"

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Vanessa di Lombardy

"Don't worry. I won't let your beautiful flying weapon of death be destroyed here."

The Tusculum quickly took up a position on a nearby outcropping, setting up its weapon and aiming it towards the robot's sniper. Vanessa was confident in her own abilities, but she wondered what the other mech would pull.

She fired.

---

Name: Vanessa di Lombardy

Species: Human

Appearance: Standing at a height of a metre eighty, Vanessa is considered rather tall for an average adult woman, especially when one took into account the fact that she had grown up in a world which may or may not have been a post-apocalyptic radioactive wasteland that may or may not have once been ravaged by nuclear war. Her height is one of her defining features, and one that she takes pride in, which is clear in the way she moves and the way she lets down her long, light brown locks of hair. The blue of her eyes accentuates the teasing amusement that is ever present in her glances, something that seems to contrast greatly with her ghostly-pale appearance.

Skill(s): Vanessa is an incredibly skilled sniper and flier, capable of remarkable stunts while piloting.

Personality: Considered annoying and rude by some, Vanessa enjoys spending her time teasing and pestering her colleagues, giving them strange nicknames and regularly speaking her mind on what negative points they possess. An extremely blunt person, you can trust her to be always mostly honest, even if the truth is not the one you want to hear. However, she rarely ever turns down requests for help.

Weaknesses: Vanessa suffers from chronic radiation syndrome. 

Mech:

Designation: Tusculum

Type: White Lightning

Equipment:
§  Right Shoulder: Energy Disc Launcher
§  Left Shoulder: Double-Barrel Laser Cannon
§  Hands: Sniper Rifle
§  Backup Weapon: Gatling Laser Cannon x1
Appearance: While looking like a generic White Lightning, the Tusculum possesses several differences. First, its arms are slightly longer than the usual machines of the class, allowing it to wield the rifle it holds with greater ability. Secondly, there are absolutely no markings whatsoever to distinguish it, not even a unit number. It is a dark purple colour, and along with its tinted and reinforced cockpit glass, which prevents anyone from seeing within, it is nearly impossible to make out the machine in the cover of darkness.

Notes: N/A

Edited by Purple God

IC: The Banshee's shields flared into visibility as the shot burst against them, sparks fluttering the air like burning moths. Even with no Iron Drones nearby to borrow processing power from, it didn't take Damage long to make a few calculations and judgements.

He opened up the Banshee's plasma cannons, firing them on automatic to provide a steady stream of fire through the mists. Not only would they have to avoid the constant stream of plasma but the ionisation effects from the blasts' trails on the mists should provide a bit of electrical disruption to fog their sensors. Normally he'd try and be a bit more discreet but as the enemy clearly already knew his position there was no point trying to hide. Next he kicked his advanced targeting system into gear, having it pick out and trace the humans through the mists so the Sonic Phantom's rotating guns could follow and maintain covering fire.

Which brought him to what needed covering. Damage leapt out of the Banshee's cockpit and down onto the rocky ledge below, a tiny drop given his attempt at a descent. He reasoned that at some point the humans would either hit his vehicle's shields with enough firepower to break through them, or simply realise he had superior defences and fire around them. With the possibility that the Banshee would loose flight capability or be outright destroyed he had decided to get off so he wouldn't suffer the same fate. So as it fired away automatically above him he worked on the downed mech, pulling aside wreckage and snipping through wires to remove the data core. With luck, he'd be finished in enough time to hop back on board his vehicle and simply retreat, objective achieved, but if worst came to worst he could now just walk back, or catch a lift on the Vernichten

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Ambroden

Ambroden slowly walked over to his Stealth Hunter. Although he made sure nobody knew, he carried deeply for his battle machine. He stroked the scars of war on the battle machine as he rode the elevator up to the cockpit. He climbed in, and powered up the machine. Once again, he felt the rush of excitment that he always got whenever he powered up Talon. He activated the jets and soard up into the sky. Fliping switches, pushing buttons, Ambroden quickly got his Battle Mech ready for action. Turning up the radio, Ambroden kept a ear out for any transmissions about a fight. He sure could use one right about now.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

GM IC

Ambroden immediately picked up on the flurry of communications being sent back and forth between Sentai Fortress and the pilots near the downed robot scout. The Zephyr and The Tusculum needed assistance to destroy the two robot battle machines already at the site of the crash. The robots were dangerously close to retrieving the data core.

IC: Hey y'all! How's it going, I've sorta missed you all so much! So, yeah, you probably haven't seen a lot of me recently, and if you have, well, that's kind of creepy and I would appreciate it if you would stop whatever it is you're doing that allows you to see me. Yeech, seriously, stop. But anyway, we haven't really talked a lot lately, and I suppose that's partly my own fault. See, when you volunteer to head into a dangerous mission against desperate machines who won't think twice about turning you into a human-coloured stain on the ground, you also have to deal with the fact that you won't have a lot of time or energy for internal narrations, and that your adoring readers may be disappointed to be temporarily Gwen-less. But it's okay, because we're all back together now, and that's what matters! When we left off, Abraham and I were headed down into the gorge in the Zephyr (squeee~), in order to find a secret robot data core from a fancy new robot battle machine. Then, we started getting shot at by our eternal enemies, you guessed it, the robots! Let me tell you, that is always a fun experience. Annnnnnnd, now we're back, to our regularly-scheduled programming! I leaned forward in my seat, trying to get a better sight of the battle. The robots were already close to the downed mech, and even the combined fighting forces of the Zephyr and the Tusculum couldn't seem to stop them. Any minute now, the battle would be lost, and we would still be one step behind the machines in this war. Unless... "Abe," I said quickly, unbuckling my seatbelt, "Try to take the Zephyr as close to the ground as possible and... do we have any rope or anything around here?" -Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sakajima Nori

"Storm-san," I spoke hurriedly, working to get the correct information to the front lines before communications were killed by the fog. The lowest bridges always had a habit of falling of the communications channel. I'd never learned what did it, but I remembered all too well getting surprise attacked by an iron drone squadron with nothing to defend myself with besides a half-eaten sandwich, coffee mug, and jackhammer.

"Storm-san," I repeated, "the Escape should be within your visual parameters. There's an unknown mech approaching: I can't get a reading on it either way. I'm gonna' guess this is our mystery mech from the last battle. Copy?"

While I talked, a text message to Doc Valentine was flying from my keyboard and into cyberspace. Any moment now he would get the coordinates for return, along with his next assignments.

OOC: Reposting profile. Hopefully I'll be able to start playing shortly - anyone want to interact in the destroyed village?

Name: Epsilon L-14 (Ella)
Species: Robot
Appearance: Ella’s armor is largely the standard bronze of most robots, with a few dark red highlights painted on. She is slightly taller than a standard robot and wears less armor than usual. Built into her right forearm is a retractable laser gun.
Skill(s): Being lightly armored, Ella can move with considerable speed and agility. She’s also a decent shot with the aforementioned laser gun.
Personality: Ella despises being confined and feels far more at home outside her mech than in it. She exhibits an unusual level of empathy for a robot.
Weakness(es): Ella’s physical power leaves something to be desired. She’s prone to recklessness when she becomes frustrated, which is regrettably often.
Mech:
Designation: 4
Type: Venom
Equipment:
  • Right Shoulder: An extremely quick laser cannon capable of firing two bolts at once. The cannon can pivot 360 degrees horizontally and 180 degrees vertically. Two self-guided missiles can be loaded into place for immediate firing, though doing so takes several seconds.
  • Left Shoulder: Same as right.
  • Right Hand: A massive coilgun that can be held with either one or two hands. The weapon cannot be fully retracted, but it is attached to the forearm in a manner than enables it to be moved to a “latent” position, enabling the mech’s hand to be used more effectively. The gun cannot be fired from this position.
  • Left Hand: A retractable energy disc launcher designed to fire larger-than-usual discs is built into the mech’s left forearm. The left hand can be heated to extremely high temperatures, a feature generally used for melting through opponents’ armor.
  • Torso: Rather than the standard gatling laser, the torso is fitted with a single, more powerful laser cannon. The weapon’s reload speed is slower than that of a gatling laser, but it can still fire off shots fairly quickly.
Appearance: 4’s heavy armor is largely a dark metallic gray. Dull purple highlights are painted on.
Notes: Both of 4’s hands are fitted with powerful electromagnets, the strength and polarity of which can be manually adjusted.
Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: (Rescue Mission)

The two uplinks trekked through the jungle, thick vines being brushed aside by the might of the battle machines. Small spotlights on the mechs were poised in front of them, illuminating the somewhat dark landscape, coverd in the shadow of the thick canopy above. Wildlife scattered as the mechs' sturdy frames blazed their own path through the underbrush. After several minutes of the rescuers searching based off the general location the macgyvered beacon emitted it's transmissions, Ha-Ya-To and Samson heard the clanking of the mechs nearby.

The escapee and downed pilot rushed to their comrades, only to duck behind the trees as laser fire erupted from behind them. A squadron of robots emerged from the trees - 6 iron drones, wielding a variety of weapons, led by a devastator with one arm converted to a strange device, with a ring of rotating contraptions with a nozzle protruding outwards past an array of various pipes, wires, and tanks of who-knows-what. The troops advanced, pinning the stranded humans to their cover while the rescue team was drawn to the sound of gunfire...

OOC: Also, profile approved.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

OOC

It's okay Bulik it was already approved. XD

IC- Ha-Ya-To

The pilot shouted a word which is far too vulgar to repeat here as he threw himself behind a moss covered boulder. Laser blasts pounded into the stone, sending up miniature sprays of dust and shrapnel. He was relieved to see that Exo-Force had finally picked found them- it was getting dark in the jungle- but would have traded the allies for a lack of enemies. One of the blasts had grazed him- a thin line of smoking skin ran across his forearm. It wasn't burning yet, but Ha-Ya-To knew the pain would come. Not as much as getting shot in a more vital area, Ha-Ya-To thought. Such as, per say, anywhere else.

He poked his head out behind the rock to check out how close the assailants were, but another flurry of laser fire drove him back behind cover.

I hate the ground.

IC: Jack Storm

"I hear you, but unknown mech? Don't know what that means. I was fixing my mech during the duration of the last battle. I haven't heard of this unknown mech before. Could you inform me?"

A large hand reached up, and grasped a gun from a holster. It began to wield it, and traced it through the fog, looking for any signs of movement.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

GM IC

Ambroden's radar must have been malfunctioning, because seconds after sending his message the fog before him cleared to reveal the robot scout's crash site - and the skirmish that had already begun between Exo-Force and the robots that were all too visible. He could make out two Robot battle machines, both modified: a Fire Vulture with what looked like a sniper rifle (Vernichten) and a Sonic Phantom (Banshee) that was hovering near the wrecked scout, its turrets spitting trails of plasma at the human mechs nearby.

Ambroden would probably be able to contact the nearby humans with his radio; that, at least, seemed to be working.

IC: Dr Felix Valentine

The Uplink was one of the smaller models of human battle machine, but even so, the pair that crashed into the clearing looked like titans in comparison to the Iron Drones that were attacking the humans. One of them (a sight for sore eyes to the wounded Ha-Ya-To) was white, painted with red crosses.

"Evening, gentlemen!" a jovial English voice came booming through the Medic's loudspeakers. "Seem to be having a spot of bother?"

Even as Valentine spoke, a whine of increasing pitch and volume had been audible from his mech's Mass Driver Cannon. The moment he finished his greeting, the doctor-come-rescuer had raised Medic's arm and opened fire on the Iron Drones, sending four well-aimed metal slugs at the attacking robots.

OOC: Just in case you're confused, Toa of Anarchy, there are currently two missions taking place: firstly, a robot scout crashed in the gorge and both sides want to recover its data core - that's where you are. Secondly, in the jungle, a couple of humans have been stranded and a small team (including my character Valentine) have been dispatched to rescue them. :)

IC: With the Talon under its cloak of stealth even the Banshee's targeting systems couldn't spot it, so its two turrets were focussed on the Zephyr and the Tusculum. Naturally this made aiming for the latter a bit trickier than normal, especially as they'd chosen to try and use a long-range weapon at closer quarters than usual. The shots still hit, but inaccuracy born of either foolishness or showboating (which was just foolishness with a fancier coat of paint) meant they weren't doing much other than poke inconsequential holes in the Banshee's fuselage.

Down on the ground, the fog shielding him from visual and thermal sensors, Damage continued unhitching the data core from the crashed mech. Some part of his silicon sentience was reflecting on the skirmish above him, on how by now he would have taken evasive manoeuvres, used his craft's turbine engines to swirl the fog and provide just that much more annoyance for the humans. Still, no matter, even on cruise control the Banshee was doing an excellent job of keeping the enemy distracted; playing to their idea of how combat should go, with robots as implacable enemies to be met head on, no thought to any other tactics than just fire a lot of everything. So primitive. He nearly had the data core now, he could be away before the humans ever realised they'd been tricked

IC: Samson leapt behind a tree, its thick nest of roots providing him cover even as the bark on the trunk was shorn away by the Drone's gunfire. Why had they turned up? Coincidence, or to make his cover more realistic?

"I don't think you've quite got the finer points of a rescue down!" he yelled at the pilots come to pick him, "We're supposed to end up with less trouble than we started!"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Dr Felix Valentine

"Well excuse me," Valentine replied over the loudspeakers as the gatling on his mech's shoulder peppered a surviving Iron Drone with lasers. "I didn't invite these toasters to the party."

One of the Drones had almost made it to the humans' cover, energy weapon in hand and ready to fry them to a crisp. What its limited processor hadn't considered was that its choice of path took it directly past Valentine's Medic. The doctor chuckled to himself. Time to try something creative.

Raising his mech's left arm, he fired its grapple gun. The magnetic head punched into the Drone, square in the torso, and seconds later the cable had been reeled back into the arm with the robot still firmly stuck on the end. The mechanoid's gaze met that of the machine's pilot.

If robots could gulp, it would have.

With a buzzing and whirring of mech joints, Medic pulled its arm back, turning itself to face a nearby tree - and slammed the Drone into the trunk. Pieces of robot feel to the ground like a broken toy.

OOC: Listen to while reading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXa7FEDLu0

IC:

While the doctor kindly crushed one of the pawns like a bone in a Rancor's mouth, my gatling gun began to rotate at an ever-increasing speed. The sounds of rotating motors and bullets falling into place clashed with the jungle's ambience. But wait, those ****ing robots clash with the jungle's ambience too. I want my jungle ambience back, toasters! At a rapid rate, the half-dozen barrels each swivelled to a firing position, one after the next, spewing lead, a slight bit of smoke, and lots of pain.

well.

can robot's even feel pain?

I would ask. Buuuuut, they all seem to be ducking behind the scenery, picking shots at me when they could. To most pilots, a squad carrying handheld weaponry would be a piece of cake. But most pilots had a windshield, for god's sake. And five bajillion missiles to boot. wait. I do have 4 four of those, I think. Pulling behind a thick trunk, I armed the warheads on two of my missiles whilst letting my gatling cool down (dang, you could fry an egg on that thing after a couple bursts!). Of course, it would be nice for them to hit their targets. These older models are notorious for malfunctions in the targeting system area. ****, I've heard a ****ing radio can screw them up. To properly do this, I would have had to take the time for my targeting system to go through a metric **** ton of data: finding the enemies, navigating past the trunks, and most importantly, not blowing up the cocky guys we came to rescue, either. But of course I did install a custom targeting computer into one of the shoulders. So that shouldn't be a problem.

I had to do this quick: as I thought the toasters were probably on their way past the newly founded no-man's land, maybe laying down a few snipers that would pick me off with a single magnetically propelled - ok lets not think about that. back to the present, man. I stepped my mech out from my cover, laser blasts and bullets screaming both from me and at me. After a couple seconds I had a lock on two spots some of those cowardly robot ******** were hiding behind. With the flick of a switch and the press of a button, two missles screamed out from my mech's shoulder, impacting the general areas I had selected on my HUD. Some flaming wreckage and holes were left behind, and some visible mechanical arms were littered around like some kid ripped up some toy. going along with that metaphor, I did feel pretty proud of ripping up those *******. And then I looked to hear a humming sound.

IC: (Robots)

By now the robots had received new orders. The redhead pilot was expendable, and a target. They of course were informed not to fire on Samson. The white armored uplink was identified as a rescue craft - vital to the success of the covert insertion, so it was not to be rendered inoperable. But this blue one... apparently an escort, judging by it's larger armament, had been identified as one of the mechs participating in a recent skirmish. It, with the aid of others, had ripped the chassis of a prototype, and some other of their brothers of steel to pieces. The robots had no need for this murderer to return to the enemy Fortress. In the smoke of the two blasts, the robots reorganized for a more focused assault. Behind cover, one began to reload and calibrate a shoulder-mounted missile launcher. The laser guided projectile, optimised to knock flying mechs out the sky, should be enough to take down this meatbag without much collateral damage to the man the entire operation hinged on: Samson. Meanwhile, the devastator captain stood up from behind his cover to reveal his weapon. As it charged with an electrical hum, the energy packets spun, crackling with raw power...

IC: (Max again)

wonderful. the squad leader was packing a new little toy. Small bursts of laser fire dug into Legion's armor while it strolled to draw off their arm from me as I navigated to cover, blasting all the way. As I began to walk, the leader fired a bright beam of energy. Just like a skilled spray-painter as he sprayed the colors on, this toaster started off to my side, moving his weapon to the side, red eye glowing past the iron sights. Apparently this was supposed to cut me in two slightly less good looking chunks. ****. That would be bad for my resume. But the pistons in the Legion's legs dropped me and the mech down below the giant glowy scissor (is scissor a word without the plural-ness anyways?) of death, although it still made a rather nasty black scar on one of the shoulder plates, with small red flames licking at exposed wires in the aftermath. Lucky for me, for that toaster to hold that... thing... it's shoulder joint had to be locked to absorb the recoil, and the other hand had to keep it steady as well. To aim, it would have to rotate it's entire torso, or risk having it's arm blasted off. whew. ****, that was close.

I hastily moved back behind a tree, which was promptly felled via a missile strike. So much for that. Noticing the hollow log, I yelled over the loudspeakers to Ha-ya-to and Samson, "Get in the log and dig in!" while I threw my sidearm to Ha-ya-to.

I called over the comms:

"Hey guys in the skies, mind giving some help?"

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC: Ha-Ya-To

"Get in the log and dig in!"

"My rock is working just fine, thanks!" Ha-Ya-To shouted back, still pinned by the occasional laser fire. He stood up to catch Max's thrown sidearm. A blast of laser fire missed him by an inch, but Ha-Ya-To grasped the handheld weapon before ducking back behind cover. With the skill of a trained soldier, he pulled the battery from the handle, checked it's readings, and shoved it back into the gun, cocking it and transferring the energy to the blaster. The laser pistol hummed powerfully in his hands. The pilot pressed himself to the rock, trying to get a glimpse of his attackers.

A blast smashed into the rock where his face had been exposed, and he ducked back down, holding his weapon tightly. "Well, on the bright side, I'm at least experiencing new things. It builds character!" Ha-Ya-To quipped.

OOC: Er, Anarchy, you've got the two ongoing missions mixed up. You were at the recovery mission in the gorge, the team pinned down behind rocks is the rescue mission in the jungle. They're nowhere near each other

IC: Samson was not a soldier, and had not been given such training as part of his processing under the robots. So his reaction to the firefight was to just cower behind something solid and try not to get anything vital shot off.

"Dare I ask what character you're building, kid?" he shouted over to Ha-Ya-To, "Think I've got a very good cowardly lion under construction over here!"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Sakajima Nori

Pulling up the live video feeds, I found my console humming with the amount of processing. The Gorge Battle was shaky at best, and the fog made things worse for the communications. I found myself cursing our weak programming. Here we were fighting an enemy we created in giant monster machines blasting away with powerful enough weapons to wipe out villages single handedly, but not a communications system that got cranky when rock and fog were present.

"I swear I'm fixing this thing some day. Some day soon." Plucking with my fingers at the soft keys on the type pad on the bottom screen I attempted to figure out the positions of those around Jack Storm's mech. The flying machine brought a flashback from the last battle I participated in, and between the break ups in reception I could gather the two mechs down on the bottom bridges were having a hard time keeping it pinned in any one place. The unknown unit that had existed our hanger was approaching the dead zone where I'd begin to lose communication, but I tried a trick anyways. Surprisingly, my knowledge of communications and hacking as a pilot worked well enough in my new job. Having an arm that could calculate the proper code and expel it directly into the system was a perk I was finally getting used to.

"Unknown airborne this is Exo-Communications. State your designation. Copy."

OOC:

Hello Zephyr.

IC:The Tusculum took its shot, the projectile bearing down on the Vernichten rapidly, and the more armored mech was far too slow to evade the shot. But nonetheless, Panzer made the attempt. Thrusters flaring, the machine began to move to the side... Only for the shot to slam into it, several feet off target, but that didn't mean much. The attack lanced through its outermost armor as if it wasn't even there, only slowing near the inner armor, and only stopping once it had penetrated through to the inner workings. Warning lights flashed across the pilot's vision, but Panzer ignored them. The power relays for the torso guns had been severed, and several systems had suffered minor damage. The motors to control the arm was damaged, but functional. Rapidly, he turned the targeting systems towards the Tusculum, magnetics propelling a metal slug through the air at extreme rates towards the enemy machine's torso. Panzer wasn't taking any chances, however, and he fired the full salvo of missiles from the right shoulder. Though a third of them headed towards the machine's predicted position as of time of impact, the remaining two thirds spread out, aiming for the space above, below, and around the foe. Doing so reduced the damage inflicted, but it greatly reduced the risk that the Exo-Force pilot would be able to fully evade.Increased area of coverage was only logical, after all.*****"Exo-Communications, it would be appreciated if you would not contact when I'm being shot at!"Abraham practically growled into the microphone, a jerk of the controls changing the Zephyr's course to evade plasma fire. He heard Gwen behind him, and took a hand off of the controls for just a moment to reach down to his side, unholstering and drawing his sidearm. In a single careful move, he tossed it into the back, hoping that Gwen would catch it. The safety was on, so there was little danger, but it, at any other time, would not have been a good idea."I'll get you down to the ground, Gwen, but first I've got to get this guy off of our rear. And there's one condition;""Don't die." Without another word, the Zephyr jerked to the right, flying towards the Banshee. The auto tracking did as expected and tried to keep up, but despite their lateral tracking, their vertical tracking couldn't keep up with the sudden arch up, complete with acceleration. The shots trailed behind, quite close and growing closer, and a few shots grazed the rear, but before the AI could keep up, it was above the craft where the cannons could not track. It was at that point that several things happened all at once. Sharp eyes noted the empty cockpit, which meant the craft was on autopilot, and swift fingers squeezed a trigger and his thumb tapped a button. The twin gatling cannons opened fire along the Banshee's spine, a laser shot coming from the under slung cannon, followed, most importantly, by a salvo of missiles. The entirety of them, to be exact. While the cannons were firing along the craft hoping to fry the weaponry control systems, the missiles had a very specific target; the missile at the front of the craft. Though normally protected by the forward shields, the missiles were launched from behind them. With any luck, in addition to their own damage, the attack would detonate the payload, taking the Banshee out of the sky.Immediately, the Zephyr banked beginning evasive maneuvers in case the Banshee's weapons, by some miracle, remained online.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

My mouth spat forth obscenities when no response came over the communications. There were about 4 - wait a sec, 5 including that ***** behind there with that rocket launcher. I positioned my mech into a crouched position, hiding behind the stump of a former tree and the cloud of smoke left behind by the explosion that denied the plant it's continued existence. My head observed the damage to the shoulder armor, while my hands at the controls tested to see if it was functional. If it could slice through armor that easily, what good would a rock do to protect - I needed to get the downed pilot and other guy to the Medic, so we could get the **** outta here. Now. My voice boomed over the loudspeakers and comm.

"Ha-ya-to, get you and your friend over to my partner! I'll cover you best I can. That big*** laser will tear your cover to shreds if we don't get out of this firefight! Eli and 'Android', get ready to pick us up so we can make like a banana and split. Doc, cover fire would be appreciated while the two down there bolt to your mech. I'll draw their fire and take out as many as I can while I provide some cover between our objectives and the toasters. Got it? Let's power up our weapons and go!"

I manoeuvred my mech out of the protection of my stump, guns blazing. The mix of incendiary, high-explosive, and armour piercing rounds that hurtled from my gatling gun peppered the area with bullets, empty shells clattering in a pile on the moist ground beside me. Neat holes were burnt into the ground with my laser cannon, and one of my hands selected the targets for my compact missiles while the pair of rockets were armed, explosives priming.

Edited by BULiK

IC- Ha-Ya-To

"What kind of character am I building?" Ha-Ya-To grinned. "Well, I was thinking more of the dashing hero type."

Ha-Ya-To jumped away from his cover, rolling along the ground as blasts from both sides flew past him. He came to his feet and ran towards Samson's tree. Laser blasts pounded into the dirt behind him, narrow misses. As he ran, he raised the sidearm, releasing a blast of energy at his foes. With a loud zap a blue streak tore across the jungle, ripping through vines and foliage before smashing into one of the robot's chests. The robot fell backwards, clutching at it's torso and the sparks that were spewing out of it. And Ha-Ya-To dropped and slid behind the tree roots, where Samson was hiding.

"Impressive, huh?" he said with a grin. Ha-Ya-To was breathing heavily, his hands were shaking, and his heart was beating so powerfully he felt as if his entire chest was shuddering. He looked back at the Medic, and the distance they had to travel. "You up for a run?" he asked Samson.

IC (Valentine)

"Sounds like a plan," remarked the doctor, and with a few taps at the controls, Medic began to sidestep towards the two stranded humans, while keeping its torso facing the robot ground troops and opening fire. Lasers from the gatling buzzed like glowing hornets towards them, while a new clip was loaded into the mass driver and soon emptied at the foe.

Hopefully the hail of lasers and mass rounds would keep the robots sufficiently busy (if not non-functional) enough to allow Samson and Ha-Ya-To to reach him.

OOC: Yeah, I know I raised this issue over Skype Snark, but you didn't really give any kind of answer there so I'm still not getting exactly how the Zephyr's flight path allows it to fire on the Banshee. Its rather definitively going up to avoid taking fire, so the nose cannon should likewise be angled upwards, unable to fire at anything but air. And I'm not entirely sure how much movement those gatlings have either...Oh, and since its angled upwards, that puts the floor of the Zephyr's cockpit between Abraham and seeing the Banshee so how exactly did he spot the Banshee was pilotless? That's less "sharp eyes" and more "x-ray vision" he's got going there :P

IC: The Zephyr's own speed and upward momentum gave the wing-mounted gatlings a very small window of opportunity to actually fire on the Banshee-01, the problem being that they were fixed pointing straight forward which quickly meant they simply weren't angled at the robot vehicle anymore. What shots did hit shattered into a spray of sparks against the Banshee's shields

The missiles had a similar problem of angles. While they had been launched from behind so the shields were not in the way, what was in the way was the entire rest of the Sonic Phantom. An unfortunate side-effect of trying to hit something at the front and below the fuselage from behind and above. Not to say they didn't do any damage at all, they were missiles after all, they just didn't hit what Abraham was expecting them to hit. They mostly erupted into flashes of fire against the fuselage of the Banshee, damaging some of the coolant tubes used to keep the engines and shield generators from overheating. Overall it was enough to ensure the vessel wouldn't be walking (flying?) away from this fight but not enough to knock it out the air completely. So, the autopilot too stupid to realise the extent of the damage, the Banshee kept following what it could of the Zephyr's flight pattern, guns blazing away through the mists.

None of this mattered to Damage, however, who had removed the essential data core. While he'd been at it, he'd jury-rigged the downed mech with a booby-trap to ensure the humans couldn't pick it up. They might learn something simply from its design after all, even broken as it was the mech was a walking blueprint. So he'd tinkered around with the power cells, essentially removing any in-built earthing the components had. The whole mech was now live with a powerful electric current surging from the power core, but that wasn't the real trap. After all, someone using a mech or just simple insulated gloves could avoid getting a shock if that was all there was. No, the real problem was that when the mech was touched it would complete the circuit, and the resulting surge of energy through the machinery would do the heavily damaged power cells in completely. They'd explode, taking the mech and, hopefully, whoever had touched it with them.

Mission accomplished and trap set, Damage cleared the area, darting down from where the mech had fallen. This was too much of a hot zone for extraction, aid would be shot down or rescued.

OOC: Do the robots have some sort of built-in communicators? It would be nice if Damage could tell Panzer to pull back, but he doesn't have a ship's radio to do it with

IC: "I am but don't tell my lungs, don't think they'd thank me for it," Samson answered, dashing towards the Medic as guns blazed over his head. He almost tripped over a mound of spent casings from the Legion, the cylinders rolling under his feet like some cartoon pratfall waiting to happen, but manage to catch himself in time not to face-plant into the mud and bracken that more naturally littered the ground

Edited by More Fierce Than Fire

7AOYGDJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Gwen / Zephyr Cockpit

It isn't everyday that a girl receives a first-hand lesson on what it feels like to be on the inside of a laundry machine, so I guess my situation wasn't the absolute worst that I could have achieved. Just ignore the feeling of half-digested doughnut mush fighting against the constraints of your stomach, the knowledge that you currently have a metric ####-tonne of laser beams zigzagging around you like a daylight rave, and the dawning realization that you're being flung around a confined space while holding a loaded gun in your hands, and this could be downright pleasant.

Too bad that ignorance isn't my particular forté.

"Abe," I called out as gravity rammed me, upside-down, against the back of my seat, "I realize you're new here, but usually when you tell someone not to die, you, y'know, try not to kill them yourself! Just saying!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

• 5 weeks later...

IC: Sarah Taylor - Infirmary -

Sarah's eyes popped open. O_O

She looked around carefully, she appeared to be lying on a bed...in the infirmary. The last thing she remembered, she'd been trying to see how many donuts she could stuff in her cheeks without swallowing...then nothing.

She didn't see anyone around, it was just her. No ones here... Sarah gasped. THEY WERE ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!

She proceeded to scream.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar