BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Miya

Miya trips over something, she looks down to see a battered boot, bereft of owner and wedged into a small crevice in the floor, uneven and hazardous as cooled lava flow naturally is.

She shakes it out, several bones, most of the ones that comprise a matoran foot, fall out.

Again, bereft of their owner.

"EEEEEEEEHHHHHH!!!!"

...but close to it

IC:

"Hm hm. I guess we don't do normal really well. Either way, here goes."

Slowly, Flay's thoughts drifted back in time, back when she was just a recruit in the Ta-Koro guard. 

"Some time ago, back when I was still a matoran and had just joined the Guard, there was this one peculiar event that happened. And this was, like, on the first or second day that I began living in the barracks - I don't live in the barracks anymore, by the way. Anyways, what happened was, while I was in the middle of showering after a gruelling training session when it suddenly dawned on me that I didn't bring any clothes to change into."

"I did have a towel though, but it was one of the shoddy and cheap ones that the staff gave you. So what I basically did was I ran over to the janitors room, which was located close by, and locked myself in with all the brooms and stuff they kept in there, covered by the teensy towel."

"I waited till all the footsteps died out, and, assuming that nobody remained in the showering area, I quickly walked out. The path to my bunk in the Barracks was in another hall that I could walk all the way over, or I could cross a courtyard to reach it quicker. The second option was obviously quicker, and speed was my priority lest I let everyone see my, er, physical form. But I guess my urgency got the better of me, because the moment I pressed that door open - the most shocking bell began to ring."

Flay opened her mouth to continue the story, but stopped mid-way through as she thought through what she'd end up describing next.

Maybe better to keep her mouth closed for this one, considering who it was she was telling her life stories to.

"To this day I'm still not quite sure why Fire exits are linked to the alarm system, but at least thats one event which taught me to think things through before actually doing them. Sweet moral of the story, eh?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Mirin: Mirin kept close and comforted the young Matoran, "Be at ease, little one, we will keep you safe."

Pondering the grim sight, she spoke out to the Detective, "It seems odd that such a thing would have been left here for so long. These tunnels are oft traveled for the workers, are they not....?"

IC:

"Wo-ow. Alright, fine. I'll see your fanservice and raise you one." I held a cigarette between a practiced, perfect grin and struck Joske's battered lighter once. "First time I ever jumped out of a girl's window, we were back home. Really ritzy part of Ko-Koro, plenty of balconies and winesinks and yadda yadda yadda boring boring. But everyone's daughters had private tutors. So this girl and I knew each other kinda sorta well, and we'd hooked up a few times, but I'd never been to her house. So I rolled up one day, all tidy and respectful like, not even any leather. You wouldn't even have recognized me, I was so wholesome." My lips pursed around the cigarette and I took a drag, already trying to hold in laughs. The memory had come back all at once.

"So when the guy at the front door asked who I was, I said 'I'm your daughter's new math tutor.' He bought it, made me some hot chocolate, we sat at the table for a few minutes and talked before I went upstairs. I'm up there...I'll say maybe ten, fifteen minutes, we're practicin' our quadratics, and I hear something hitting the balcony hard. I look up, and who in the world could it be, except Malik Shaddix. If you think I've got a chip on my shoulder, you should have seen Malik in his prime. Little jerkoff takes one look at me and grins, and says 'Hey, bro.'

"I say, 'Hey, Mal. What are you doing here?'

"And he says, 'Oh. Well. I'm the math tutor.'

"So we're at an impasse here for a few minutes arguing about how she doesn't even need a math tutor. We weren't exactly the brightest spirit stars in the sky back in the day, so it took us a few minutes to realize that neither of us was even that good at math in the first place - well, real math, anyway, but you know what I mean. So we finally start to realize why exactly we're both upstairs, and the door gets kicked open. It's the father. With this Toa neither of us has ever seen before. So Mal asks, 'Who the heck are you? And the girl kind of gets this shy little grin and says, 'Well, uh...that's my math tutor.'"

I remembered Malik's face, and it felt like a dagger to the stomach. The way he'd laughed about it, later. The first time he told the story. It was Malik who always told the war stories.

"Who was quicker on the draw depends on who you ask. I saw Malik let go of the balcony real quick, and I kind of just followed him. Scooped up my jacket in one arm, prayed with the other, and jumped three stories shirtless into the snow. Rest is history."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Oh...my...gosh. I leave for a week and I miss 5 pages of text! LEt's see if I can remember everything that happened to you guys...

IC SANGUIVOX: I speed ahead of the group to lead with the Detective. Suddenly, I see a strange figure approaching. I see the Detective's gaze shift to it as well. "What shall we do?" I ask gravely.

• Upvote 2

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

OOC:

Ok, guys, I'm glad you're enjoying this so far, but please don't do things like this:

Miya trips over something, she looks down to see a battered boot, bereft of owner and wedged into a small crevice in the floor, uneven and hazardous as cooled lava flow naturally is.

She shakes it out, several bones, most of the ones that comprise a matoran foot, fall out.

and this:

I speed ahead of the group to lead with the Detective. Suddenly, I see a strange figure approaching. I see the Detective's gaze shift to it as well. "What shall we do?" I ask gravely.

What I asked you to do is to RP your character examining/investigating an aspect of the environment, and then what they find will be described by ME. Please don't go ahead and decide what they find yourselves, because in most cases it won't fit with the plot that I've planned for the quest.

If there is something you really want your character to find/encounter, ask me via PM or Skype and I'll tell you whether or not it will work with the intended plot, and thus whether you can RP it. I don't want to be unnecessarily restrictive, but there is a plan for this quest and it'll be more fun for everyone if we stick to it. :)

I'm sorry, Tiragath and Dallior, but I have to retcon your last posts. Miya has not stumbled upon a boot full of bones, and Sanguivox has not seen a mysterious figure ahead.

With that out of the way, I get the feeling you guys want things to move on swiftly. I am happy to oblige...

Recommended listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4L7zBzjU6Y

IC

The orange glow ahead continued to get brighter as the group moved along the gently downward-sloping tunnel, and it was not long until they found its source.

The questers filed out onto a rocky ledge as the tunnel opened up into a vast cavern, much longer than it was wide or high, that stretched up away from them into the distance. Its floor was dominated by a river of lava than ran down the length of the huge hollow space, lighting the ceiling and walls with its fiery light. To their left it flowed down, growing ever wider, towards the open flows of the Tren Krom Break and the Lake of Fire. To their right it ran down from the Mangai's core, broken here and there by falls where it dropped over stone lips in cascades of orange.

The flow of molten rock was perfect for lava-farmers and surfers alike, because (except at the falls) it ran flat and relatively slowly, and had a wide, flat bank of stone running alongside it for a good few hundred feet until the cavern's walls grew narrower.

The space between ceiling and floor was bridged by many natural pillars of stone, each as thick as one of Le-Koro's mighty trees, around whose feet the lava-river lapped and eddied. There were connected by various bridges and platforms, some natural and some built out of metal by Matoran hands, by which one could pass upriver in relative safety even when the river's level rose during magma floods.

The group gazed out at the majestic view for a few seconds, their breath taken away at the sheer scale of it—and the knowledge that it was nothing compared to the catacombs of the fire-mountain's heart.

Detective Loraan pulled the tablet out of her knapsack and consulted it.

"The map seems to start at a tunnel further up this lava river," she said. "Looks like the only way to get up there is to cross these bridges."

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Corex (Mangaia Catacombs)

I swallowed, clenching both my hands as I took in the subterranean expanse before us. The Lava flow had carved and shaped the landscape to its fiery, uncompromising will, creating a landscape that was as treacherous as it was strangely beautiful to look at. I felt my heart beat faster as I paced backwards until I bumped into the cavern wall behind us, upon which the heart rate accelerated until I was swimming in a thought-daze that slowly receded as an incessant voice echoed in my head.

"Focus you dimwitted excuse for a fortune hunter, you're somewhere entirely unknown, but you're not helpless. Now get your act together and keep moving"

I straightened myself and stilled my breathing, closing my eyes for a moment or two to gather my thoughts. When I opened them, I felt ready again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Tharros, Mangai

Tharros was in awe at the fiery expanse before him as he followed beside the detective. The lava falls and treacherous pathways filled him with a profound appreciation for the sublime. 

"This is true beauty" the warrior admired aloud. The great walls stretched endlessly above and below the travellers, lava filled Tharros heart with energy and awe "This is what I was born to see"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC Drararius:

He looked upon the chasm. He was somewhat impressed, however he had seen plenty of waterfalls in his day, so this didn't make as big of an impression on him as other things would have. However he didn't think so lowly of this Wahi as much after seeing this. 

He heard the others muttering awe-filled comments about this natural wonder. While they were distracted, Drararius was studying each and every one of them, his eyes narrowed into slits. He made several mental notes about his various companions. It was obvious that they were going to find geographical phenomena more dangerous than this deeper within these tunnels, so he had to know that he could trust one of them to save him, should something unfortunate happen. After analyzing the group, he decided it would be better to just try not to be in one of those positions in the first place. 

He sighed, and began to walk toward one of the bridges. 

bZpOwEr

IC: (Tarotrix/Mangai Interior)

Taro took a long gulp from his canteen. It was a beautiful sight, one he rarely got around to seeing. The bridges seemed stable enough, being as they were probably well-maintained by the lava farmers. But some, he knew, were probably weaker than others. As the lava had a tendency to weather them over time. As he remembered clearly, Guards had to come out here every so often to fish bones from the river, whenever some farmer tried to walk upon the wrong bridge. Messy business.

"We should find the most recently built bridge, or at the least a stable natural one."

OOC: Please, Update the Wiki Page. for the expedition.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

[Ta-Wahi, Magaia Tunnels]

Lucira nodded at Tatorix.  She noticed the purple-coated Skakdi scanning the tunnel with what she assumed to be X-ray vision.

“See anything?” she asked.  “Do you think you could tell how stable a bridge is with that?”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

"No." I could feel the grin dying on my face. "No, Mal and I bailed each other out of fights, hangovers, and one or two arrests...but we were never share-the-girl close. Way too fairy tale."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND