Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi


  • Please log in to reply
7674 replies to this topic

#7641 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 14-August 16
  • 2,444 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2017 - 09:37 PM

--IC: Aiduro--

It was the whistle of Kaen's sword that did him in again.

Aiduro's sharp hearing helped him discern that it was a vertical chop aimed at the back of his head.  As he finished his own chop at Rore's hand, he performed an odd duck-and-roll maneuver that caused the strike to hit him on the thigh instead of the head.  Without pausing to look at his own chop's results, he grabbed Tangler and tossed it at Kaen, hoping to entangle him, before aiming a double-handed blow at his opponent's ribs.


  • 0

#7642 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 02:50 AM

IC: Tio

 

Turns out Aiduro had paid the price for focusing on two targets at once, a bolt of freezing energy had hit his shoulder pad, interrupting his chop and locking his shoulder with ice.

 

I made little effort to hide my mocking contempt. "Oh my dear guardsman, you had fought so hard for the honorable cause of 'widgets', but this amusing diversion ends now"


Edited by Supreme King TIN, Aug 25 2017 - 02:51 AM.

  • 0

#7643 Offline Kovsorr the Collectinator

Kovsorr the Collectinator
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

  • 29-November 14
  • 697 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 06:00 AM

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the tower)

 

"Yes, you're right," says the Collector, "But we need him to help us to find those Toa." 

 

Then he turns to some of the guardsmen.

 

"Find Aiduro," he says, "Then we're leaving."

 

OOC:

I'll leave the guardsmen in your control, Lan.


  • 0

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

 

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

 

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

 

///////

 

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

 


#7644 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 14-August 16
  • 2,444 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 09:06 AM

--IC: Nikonn--

Nikonn turned back to look out the window at the snowdrift, again trying to determine whether it was safe to jump onto it.  Though the Collector couldn't see it, she rolled her eyes.  She didn't want to have Aiduro around; he was the reason that those Toa who captured her earlier had associated her with Echelon.  And that couldn't be further from the truth.  She didn't even really want to find those Toa; she just wanted to get out of Ko-Koro.  Let the guardsmen deal with them.

And deal with them they would.  The small pack of guardsmen shuffled down the stairs, hunting for their friend and leader.  One of them hushed the group, and pointed to a room where fighting was heard.  They all bustled in, to find Aiduro, with his shoulder frozen, being attacked by two other Toa.


  • 0

#7645 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 01:03 PM

IC: Tio

 

Oh I should have seen this coming. Just as I was about to have fun too.

Summoning my elemental powers yet again I covered the area infront of the doorway with slippery ice, a good enough distraction to hold the guards at bay for a second. I then pulled away from the window.

"We gotta go"


  • 0

#7646 Offline Josuke Higashikata 8

Josuke Higashikata 8
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

  • 03-November 15
  • 875 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 07:27 PM

IC: (Kaen)

The Toa of Air threw off Tangler, Tio's actions leaving Aiduro unable to finish his counterattack.
"What a fine mess this is..."
He sheathed his broadsword and snatched up his dagger as he rushed past the guardsman and jumped out the window, landing near the Toa of Ice.
"I had the ######! That should've been it! Why can things ever be easy for us, Tio?!"


Edited by Josuke Higashikata 8, Aug 25 2017 - 07:27 PM.

  • 0

#7647 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 14-August 16
  • 2,444 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2017 - 08:20 PM

--IC: Aiduro and Nikonn--

Aiduro managed to get some of the ice off his shoulder, picked up Tangler, sheathed Epilogue (which was noticeably heavier by now), and stared at his guardsmen compatriots.  "Well?  Don't just stand there!  They're here to put a wrench in our city!  They killed Redge, by God!  Let's get after them!"

Spurred into action, the guardsmen stumbled across the ice laid out for them by Rore.  Only three had the common sense to wear snow cleats, and one was a Toa of Air, so could jump well.  The others had a bit of a harder time getting across, them being more used to traversing snow than ice.  One stayed behind and went back upstairs to inform Nikonn and the Collector of the exit.

"Miss, sir," he said, too politely for a rough Ko-Koro guardsman.  "We've found Aiduro, and with him, an easier way out of the tower.  There's a broken window in a downstairs room, on level with the snow outside."

Nikonn cocked an eyebrow.  "Well," she said to the Collector, "I suppose we won't have to risk injury to get out of here after all."


  • 0

#7648 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 03:24 AM

IC: Tio

 

Rushing through the snow with Kaen, I used my powers to cover our tracks, as the snowstorm blocked all sight.

"Life is never easy Kaen, history is littered with people who gave up because it's hard, question is do we want to remain in Ko Koro or leave so we can make a second attempt down the line"


Edited by Supreme King TIN, Aug 26 2017 - 03:26 AM.

  • 0

#7649 Offline Kovsorr the Collectinator

Kovsorr the Collectinator
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

  • 29-November 14
  • 697 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2017 - 05:16 AM

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the tower)

 

"Good," says the Collector, "Let's go."

 

He goes down to the room with the broken window, and peers outside to see the guardsmen running across the snow.

 

"What on Mata Nui are they doing?"


Edited by Kovsorr the Collectinator, Aug 26 2017 - 05:16 AM.

  • 0

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

 

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

 

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

 

///////

 

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

 


#7650 Offline Scrubbish

Scrubbish
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 14-August 16
  • 2,444 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 12:41 PM

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

"They appear to be... chasing someone," Nikonn said skeptically.

The guardsmen were, indeed, chasing someone, or rather, two someones.  Those two someones being Kaen and Rore.  With Aiduro at their head, the small contingent of guardsmen were struggling to catch up, even with the aid of the Kanohi Akaku that one of their number was wearing, and the powers of the Toa of Air in their ranks.

Nikonn sighed.  "Let's go after them."


  • 0

#7651 Offline Josuke Higashikata 8

Josuke Higashikata 8
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

  • 03-November 15
  • 875 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 02:29 PM

IC: (Kaen)

"If we leave, we might never get back in."
He used his element to blow snow into the faces of their pursuers, not so much as to slow them down, but out of spite.


  • 0

#7652 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2017 - 05:12 PM

IC: Tio - Ko Koro

 

I grinned at Kaen's spite, anything to ruin the day of these lowlifes.

"Well then, we'll just have to fight smarter than them ... quick up that patch of snow"

Rushing forward I headed up the snowbanks of the avalanche I had caused earlier, making a slight modification to the snow below myself and Kaens feet as we made our way up it.


  • 0

#7653 Offline Kovsorr the Collectinator

Kovsorr the Collectinator
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

  • 29-November 14
  • 697 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2017 - 04:21 AM

IC: The Collector of Masks (Inside the tower --> Outside the tower)

"Fine," says the Collector.

 

Sword in hand, the Collector begins to run across the ice towards the guardsmen, taking care not to slip.


  • 0

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

 

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

 

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

 

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

 

///////

 

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

 


#7654 Offline Josuke Higashikata 8

Josuke Higashikata 8
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

  • 03-November 15
  • 875 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 30 2017 - 01:26 PM

IC: (Kaen)

He followed his ally.
"So, do you have a plan?"


  • 0

#7655 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 12-September 06
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2017 - 04:24 PM

OOC: Oh jeez I'm sorry for the hiatus but anyway now I'm not renovating my house full-time

 

IC:

 

The Legacy turaga wondered if Soraph knew what kind of distilled rotgut she was ordering. "I'll have mine shaken, please," he asked of the bartender as he pulled himself onto a stool.

 

"I vant tree drinks too."

 

Maeloc was silent until he had his drink in front of him. His lenses clicked as he studied the facets of the glass in his hand. Time to play this cool; he was now in a position of power, not scheming in a hostile village. "I've already done you a favor by vouching for you; you're going to have to provide something for me in return. Tit for tat, if you will. I'll answer one of your questions when you answer one of mine."

 

The archivist looked at Soraph and took a sip from his glass. "Why come to Mata Nui? Explorers are always looking for something. You're clearly not the advance scouts of an invasion. You're not a sailor, so this was clearly a purposeful expedition. What brought a submarine of psions across an endless ocean to our strife-filled island?"


  • 0

BZPRPG Profiles

TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix

OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia

"They belong in a museum!"

"So do you!"


#7656 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 18-June 06
  • 2,146 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2017 - 05:07 PM

IC:

 

Soraph stared into her glass while listening to Maeloc's own inquiries. They were perfectly reasonable - she had given him barely information at all since meeting him, yet the Turaga had provided her with a relative wealth of knowledge of Mata-Nui. She considered outright lying to Maeloc, but decided against it. She would need to concentrate while using her psychic abilities, and speaking the truth would make the process easier.

 

She drank the tiniest drop of the amor liquid and nearly gagged. The locals clearly had no experience with making alcohol. No good experience anyways.

 

Shaking her head to try to rid the flavour from her mouth, Soraph started speaking. "Our Empire only just recently found out about the existence of your island - we're no scouts for a military action, but we are scouts. It's like a whole new world has suddenly become available to us - before we can do anything, we need to learn about Mata-Nui.

 

"The fauna, the flora, the climate.... you have creatures and plants and weather patterns we could scarcely imagine in Kentoku. There's the chance for new medicines, foods, materials. New places and environments to live in. The scientists and other scholars that have come with me can barely contain their excitement. Everything in your world is going to change ours. Metal, for example. In my home metal is scarce, only the rich and powerful can afford anything more than a few ounces. But here it's practically growing on trees! Iron and silver and gold and copper....you could buy an entire city in the Empire with what you consider junk.

 

"There's also some people we're supposed to keep an eye out for. But it's your turn now: Answer the questions I asked you!"

 

All the while she was speaking, Soraph began concentrating her mental energies on Fyura. Between her and Maeloc, she obviously posed the bigger threat. Once she dealt with, Maeloc would be easy by comparison.

Soraph touched the Skakdi's mind gently, taking care to avoid the Parakuka latched onto it. It was a delicate operation, manipulating one being's mind without alerting neither it nor the parasite enmeshed within it. But Soraph was a Vilda Willhammer - if anyone could do it, it was her.

 

Soraph whispered into Fyura's mind, her words carrying with them more power than just sound. Drink. Drink a little more. Oh, that's nothing, I need another glass at least. Or two. It's practically water, I could drink this all day.

The words were thoughts, and under Soraph's practiced hand they were practically indistinguishable from Fyura's own. The skakdi would think they were her own ideas, that she really did want another drop of that amber drink.

 

The Vilda princess kept on uttering her "suggestions" to Fyura while waiting for Maeloc to answer. Once Fyura was too drunk to stop her, Soraph would repeat the process on the tirana. These Mata-Nuian's were so simple minded, she thought to herself smugly. 


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#7657 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 12-September 06
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2017 - 07:39 PM

IC:

 

Drink.

 

The thought was already in Fyura's mind as she drained the three mugs in front of her. It resounded in her consciousness; Vayde's voice added to that idea, and it grew.

 

"Drink..." Fyura mumbled as she put down her last glass, empty. She was thirsty. Drink. Fyura hungrily glanced around the bar. Drink. She spotted a mid-sized skakdi nursing a drink sitting at the bar a few meters away. A wide grin split Fyura's face as she got up and sauntered over.

 

"Buy me ah drink?"

 

The skakdi only half-noticed her, and didn't note the predator's glint in her eyes. "Buzz off, Fyura."

 

Fyura grabbed his wrist and shoulder, and and an eerie glow emanated from her hands where she started draining his energy. Both the skadi and parasite reveled in this stolen energy; they barely registered the bar patron's protests as she clamped her mouth around part of his external spine to drain faster.

 

Maeloc frowned when he noticed Fyura feeding. Must she? Inside? Whatever.  "That man's tab is on me," the turaga whispered to the bartender. Turning back to Soraph, he smiled as he zoomed in on her face to note her reaction. "Really, if he's free, I simply must introduce you to Eisen. he is one of the most skilled toa of Iron on the island, and one of my bosses. But, my companion's habits provide a rather nice segue into one of your other questions."

 

He gestured to Fyura's victim, who's protests were growing fainter, drowsier. "This is what antidermis can do. Or exhibit A, at least; exposure can result in a great many things. It can alter the minds of those without the conviction to use it, and those with the desire for that power it grants entirely new abilities. Fyura's parasite is both a curse and a boon. Her powers are withered away, and every time she taps into the parakuka, her life force is drained like an hourglass. She was, however, blessed with another of Makuta's son's abilities: Hunger. Energy hunger, as she calls it. Like the Vorahk, she can drain the strength of others and use it as her own. Sometimes it doesn't take long for parakuka to burn out their host; I wonder how long Fyura could sustain herself on her prey."

 

Another sip. "And this is only one example of the benefits of antidermis. I've seen people's power expand exponentially because of it, and this is but one use. It can apparently be used to enslave a rahkshi to your will; while it seems rather heretical to me, its utility even I can't deny. Now, my turn again. What exactly are you and your people capable of? Elemental powers seem to be foriegn, and you're shaped like us, but I would like to know. For posterity. Interactions and sources of powers is a bit of an interest of mine, you see."


  • 0

BZPRPG Profiles

TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix

OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia

"They belong in a museum!"

"So do you!"


#7658 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 01 2017 - 01:22 PM

IC: Tio & Kaen - Ko Koro outskirts

 

We stopped on a patch of snow fresh from the landslide. As he stood Kaen noticed that the snow was much more firm than it aught to be. Behind us an overeager Kakama using guard fell four feet into the snow we had walked over. It was time I explained the plan.

"Yes, the snow here is deep and without a toa of ice they'll have difficulty crossing, this gives us time to take control of the snowstorm again"

 

Kaen nodded, glancing back at their pursuers for a moment before looking back to Tio. Snow started swirling around him as he began to use his powers. "Then let's get to work."

 

Both Toa held their swords aloft, those weapons glowing with green and icy blue light. The storm surged around them with more ferocity than before, battering every one of their pursuers and chilling them to the core with it's deathly chill and furious winds. 


  • 0

#7659 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 18-June 06
  • 2,146 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2017 - 04:27 PM

IC:

 

Soraph was still staring greedily at Fyura as the Skakdi drained her latest victim. Parakuka aside, this was exactly the sort of power she'd been hoping to find on Mata-Nui. Energy hunger, outright control of other beings (Rahkshi, though maybe others too?)... Soraph was technically only in Ko-Koro to find and rescue the captive Matoran, but if she gained access to abilities that would make her more powerful, strong enough to usurp her aunt? That was all just a pleasant bonus.

 

"Well, telepathy of course, between ourselves and if one has the right training, with others. I can do that, which is how I talked to Fyura back in Ga-Koro." The Vilda Menti neglected to mention the rest of a Willhammer's abilities; no point in giving her next victim advance notice.

 

"Some of my people can also create mental projections, or illusions. The more combative types can move things around with their minds, and certain warriors like my cousin can even create weapons out of mental energies.

 

"You're up again. Say I wanted to get my hands on antidermis, who should I speak to? You wouldn't happen to have any, would you? Also, what about those artifacts you were looking into in Ga-Koro? Find any more of those?" Soraph asked as she began turning the focus of her psychic powers onto Maeloc.

 

Drink.


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#7660 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 30-January 11
  • 4,757 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2017 - 02:18 PM

IC [Leah]:

 

"We strike from all sides." she answered, voice reflecting her focus on the mission at hand. "We don't know how many enemies to expect when we get there. But the more we can draw out in the open and take out, the better. Between the two of you I'm sure we can convince them the entire glacier is coming down on them."

 

"We hit them hard, get them off balance and punch through in the chaos to get the hostages out before they can regroup. When they're safe I say we show the legacy they overstayed their welcome."

 

IC:

 

Sulov nods, unafraid.

 

(God, I'm afraid.)

 

He knows that he has Stannis and Leah on his side. They had fought Rahkshi, Piraka, Shadow Toa, even Makuta himself.

 

(We had Oreius then. And Korero. And Reordin.)

 

He flexes the fingers of his hand. Clenches them into a fist and releases them. He is conscious of each and every one of his joints: how they move, how they crack from fatigue and cold, how he stretches them each step until he can feel the blood pump in muscles again. How they are still strong enough to get him through what is to come.

 

(God, give me strength.)

 

He reaches out into the world to feel for earth, any earth, any part of Onua's domain that he might be able to call on.

 

(But there's so little. So little of home here.)

 

"All right then," Sulov Maru says. "Let's do this."

 

(God help us all.)

 

-Void


Edited by Conway, Sep 20 2017 - 02:21 PM.

  • 0
 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 


#7661 Offline Not Quite Dead

Not Quite Dead
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Master of Shadows Defeated

  • 09-September 03
  • 7,301 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 26 2017 - 05:01 PM

IC Sharky

 

God is dead.


  • 0

...but close to it


#7662 Offline EmperorWhenua

EmperorWhenua
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 23-December 05
  • 9,680 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 30 2017 - 12:33 PM

IC: Stannis Maru

 

He drew his rahkshi staff out. He nodded once to Leah, as if to say, on your signal

 

God is with me. 

 

God is with us.


Edited by EmperorWhenua, Sep 30 2017 - 12:33 PM.

  • 0

#7663 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Savage Earthquake Awakened

  • 09-March 06
  • 10,591 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 29 2017 - 04:41 PM

OOC: I guess we're posting this on a monthly schedule now. It has been a very busy couple of weeks on my end both work-related and with family emergencies. Hence the delay. 

 

IC [Leah]:

 

Toa Leah closed her eyes, focusing inward for a moment in preparation for what was to come. She could hear the icy winds howl in her ears, her skin needled by tiny frozen shards carried on the gales. They pinged off of her armor and mask, making her face tingle slightly.

 

Stannis and Sulov were on either side of her. Between a rock and a hard place, she thought. It registered as funny somewhere in her mind but that's where it remained. This was not the time. She glanced at Stannis and they exchanged nods.

 

Leah started forwards, walking first, then speeding up until she charged at the warehouse ahead of them. There were more guards posted outside, trying to look casual while doing their duty. She spotted two of them near an entrance, though there were bound to be more. As they turned to look in the direction the sound of running feet was coming from, the Toa Maru summoned a wave of water, bursting forth from her hand and spreading out until it covered both the door and its guardians. It slammed into them, knocking the two over with considerable force, then blew the door to the warehouse to splinters as it impacted with a band and surged into the building, still strong enough to sweep anybody in the room beyond off of their feet.

 

An instant later she was through the door as well, almost surfing on the slick floor with her posture low, her body coiled to attack or defend at an instant. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for the best path to take her deeper inside and closer to the hostages. Mentally, she was counting the seconds until her brothers would bring down the walls of the place and really get this party started. 


  • 0


smaugbanner.jpg


#7664 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 23-February 09
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 04 2017 - 02:04 PM

IC

 

The Legacy's hostage facility was designed to be inconspicuous; just one inconsequential warehouse among many near the northern edge of the Koro. As such, guard presence outside was kept to a minimum in favour of covert surveillance and concealed strength.

 

But between the driving snow and the labyrinth of buildings beyond, the sentries watching from the warehouse's upper floors didn't see the Maru's advance until it was too late. Their shouts were almost immediately drowned out the crash of Leah's wave as it shattered the easternmost door. The guards on the warehouse floor — eight in number — spun to face the source of the noise, only to be met with a waist-high torrent of water that knocked their feet from under them. Spluttering and wiping water from their eyes, they struggled to regain their footing and seize dropped weapons, many of which had already been swept metres away by the wave.

 

The sentries, perched as they were on wooden catwalks raised high above the warehouse floor, were more prepared. As Leah sprang through the now-obliterated doorway, two Vortixx aimed energy weapons at her and a Toa of Lightning summoned crackling arcs in each hand, while the fourth sentry (a Le-Lesterin) scrambled for a nearby ladder, leading to the roof.


Edited by Ghosthands, Nov 04 2017 - 02:05 PM.

  • 0

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 


#7665 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Savage Earthquake Awakened

  • 09-March 06
  • 10,591 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 11 2017 - 04:50 AM

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

 

Within a heartlight's pulse she took in the situation. Could she defeat a dozen guards, alone and fast enough to get everybody out safely? Maybe, with a lot more preparation, information about the opposition and a full layout of the building. 

 

Right now, what she had was the the element of surprise, considerable power - and even better backup right behind her. The trick was to keep up the momentum of the attack and their enemies off balance. 

 

She threw her arms up and outwards, along with the water sloshing around on the floor, while making sure not to touch the liquid herself in case the lightning Toa got any ideas. It rose as two walls rushing away from either side of her, climbing high enough to hit the catwalks, breaking the sentries' line of sight and clearing a path through the room. 

 

She broke into a sprint for the next door, zigzagging to avoid being led by the Vortixx's potential shots.


  • 0


smaugbanner.jpg


#7666 Offline Krayzikk

Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 16-September 08
  • 14,106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 11 2017 - 09:47 PM

 

IC:

"If someone felt like grabbing a torch," The De-Toa commented, a little dryly. "It might be less cold. Or if you went and grabbed a blanket."

 

IC: 

 

"Hah...yeah...a blanket would be a good idea..." I admitted, "I'll just go grab some." 

 

Not a few minutes later, I was back with several blankets, just in case anyone else wanted one. I had one wrapped around myself fairly tightly. 

 

"You know, they just had to take over the coldest village on the island. You think they would have picked a warmer place." 

 

 

IC:

"I'd say it suits them, but the truth is just that it was the most isolated." Krayn held out a hand to take the deck from Skyra, and started shuffling as soon as she handed it over. It was something to keep his hands busy for a few minutes. Shuffle, reshuffle, see if he could still remember a few tricks for the process. The ruffling sound of cards was something of a comfort, it beat the silence. Or worse, the distant sounds of a town overrun with Makuta's acolytes muffled by the snow. "Matoro did a lot to build up the Sanctum Guard, and he didn't make anyone feel comfortable about it. From what I've heard he let the Akiri thing go to his head."

 

"Size of the Guard doesn't mean it's effective, and with Ko-Koro's remote location... Easiest Koro to attack without fear that the others will reinforce it in time. And, once they took it, easiest to keep. Not a great combination."


  • 0

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG


#7667 Offline SnowyAegis

SnowyAegis
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

  • 07-October 14
  • 946 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 06:11 AM

IC: Arankhe

"Defensible, unsuitable weather for anyone looking to take it back, and it has the high ground. A smart choice indeed. Attacking in blunt force will just net casualties, even if victorious. I wonder if there's any way to weaken defences from the inside." Arankhe wondered aloud, rubbing her chin. Finally, she looked up a little.

"I'm unfamiliar with this game. How do you play?" she gestured to the cards Krayn held.


  • 0
aBlR6jE.png
My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!
Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

#7668 Offline D.Va

D.Va
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Destroyed

  • 07-April 03
  • 9,686 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 12 2017 - 10:08 PM

IC: Skyra

 

I pulled the blanket around myself more tightly around me. "Yeah, I get that it makes sense strategically...but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain about it!" 

 

I just needed to think of warm things. Like my blanket...or a cup of hot chocolate. Yeah. I looked at Aranke. "Oh, I'm we can figure out some way to weaken their defenses. Sabotage can work wonders if done right."

 

"Did we even decide what game we were playing? I don't recall." 


  • 0

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

RjpQHnD.jpg


#7669 Offline Keeper of Kraata

Keeper of Kraata
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 12-September 06
  • 2,194 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 12:51 PM

IC:

 

Waves crashing was not a sound Maeloc expected to hear in Ko-Koro. He paused in his conversation with the Dasaka maiden and tilted his head. He was thirsty, but alarms went off in his head.

 

"I'm sorry, miss Soraph, but I'm afraid we're going to have to put this matter on hold."

 

Either that hothead dueling in front of the Citadel melted an avalanche, or something else was happening. There are ways into the Citadel from here, to secure the archive- Wait. This timing was suspect. And she was being cagey. By Makuta, it wasn't his job to deal with this. Maeloc drank the rest of his glass, then wheezed from the rawness. "Fyura. Take our guest to the Citadel. Now." He turned to Soraph, adding, "Don't worry, you'll be quite safe, and I'm sure we can find you more concrete answers to your questions."

 

Fyura could feel Vayde's disgruntled attitude about not finishing her meal, but she complied. She dropped the lesterin she had been draining and returned to the pair. She grunted, tilting her head at the door. But... she was still thirsty. Her pupils were dilated from the power high. She barely resisted as Vayde agreed with the compulsion to drink. Her claws grabbed at Soraph's arm and face. She would be safer if Fyura just carried her, like a sleeping baby...

 

IC:

 

Cyrix sighed. "I know I could have-"

 

The Le-Toa stopped short when he heard sounds of a massive amount of rushing water. "We can hash this out later. That was too close for comfort."

 

Skorm shot one last accusatory look at his teammate, before activating his Huna. "I came here with a Dasaka. Uh, she's like a Toa, but not from here. Part of an expedition. I need to make sure she's safe, I think she's talking with some very dangerous people."

 

The Le-Toa didn't pause to respond as a started climbing the ladder up to the roof. "Got it. I can help you with that, but let's figure out what the Karz is going on. Not much of a recon agent if I don't know what's going on a few blocks over." As he crawled onto the roof, he activated his own Volitak. He heard a snow-muffled thump that was presumably Skorm leaping onto the roof beside him. He focused his rangefinder lenses on the warehouse on the opposite end of the block two rows over. He deactivated his mask so he could be heard. "Door's gone. I see lightning and other shots coming from inside, can't see who at... Wait, blue toa. Ga-Toa. Legacy troops defending, I've seen them around enough, didn't think they were guarding that warehouse."

 

"We just gonna watch? You're good at just watching."

 

Cyrix ignored the intended barb. "We're gonna watch closer before deciding on a course of action. Let's jet onto a closer rooftop." The Le-Toa reactivated his Volitak and made an air-assisted jump onto the next roof, leapfrogging until he was two buildings away.

 

Skorm followed suit, but faster than his brother, simply levitating closer. His thoughts drifted to Soraph, but she was capable of handling herself. But his thoughts stopped when he saw someone he definately wasn't expecting to see in Legacy-controlled Ko-Koro.

 

"Stannis?"


  • 0

BZPRPG Profiles

TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix

OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia

"They belong in a museum!"

"So do you!"


#7670 Offline Toa Fanixe

Toa Fanixe
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 18-June 06
  • 2,146 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 04:47 PM

IC:

 

Soraph had turned the full power of her mental energies to Maeloc. Manipulating the mind of wise, scheming Datsue was difficult and engrossing work. The Vilda barely registered what Maeloc was saying; she surely hadn't the waves of water summoned elsewhere in the Koro, or the shouting and fighting going on outside. It was said that Willhammers lived on two planes their whole lives, though in reality was it always just one at a time.

 

When Fyura staggered in front of her and grabbed her face and arm, Soraph didn't move for an entire second.

 

:wha: "What's" :whats going on!: she both yelled and thought, as she rushed to return her attention to the physical world. Mental energies slipped through her grasp as she became aware of Fyura's attack.

 

"Get - get off me!" Soraph screamed as she struggled against the Skakdi's vicious hold. She flailed around and tried to push Fyura away, but failed. Even under normal circumstances the Skakdi was far stronger than herself; Willhammers, who devoted years to mental training, were not particularly known for the physical prowess. Now, the Parakuka-latched Skakdi stole and fed on her energy; with each passing moment Vayde grew stronger while Soraph grew considerably weaker.

Seeing she was outmatched, the Vilda princess tried to gather enough will to use her mental abilities again. She reached out at Fyura-Vayde's mind and poured all the energy she could into a command :let her go:, but the bonded pair ignored Soraph's though. She saw now her error; she had inculcated the desire to drink too strongly. Soraph could hardly laugh as she realized it was her own earlier expertise that was leading to her defeat.

 

Her arms and legs grew leaden and it was becoming to breathe. She felt like her entire body was shutting down. Soraph stopped trying to resist - she knew when was beat. She could have sworn she sensed Fyura smile and squeal with glee as her prey admitted defeat and she was pulled into a bear hug, what was left of her strength fleeing considerably faster.

 

In a last gamble, she focused her thoughts into a single phrase. Soraph thought it as loudly as she could. Most probably no one would hear it - if someone did, there was little they would be able to do to help.

 

Then, darkness as fainted and collapsed into Fyura's arms.


  • 0
Quiz by TheQuizzery.com


You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much
Which Barraki are you?

#7671 Offline Ghosthands

Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 23-February 09
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2017 - 04:58 PM

IC

 

Guards who had just managed to struggle to their feet were send tumbling again as Leah's walls of water surged through the room. The crests of the waves reached the catwalks, throwing off the Vortixx's aim as they fired — sending energy bolts crackling into walls, floor, and one unfortunate guard on the ground level — and forcing the Toa to dispel his lightning or risk electrocuting his allies. Leah's path to the door was unopposed for now.

 

The Lesterin sentry, meanwhile, was already halfway up the ladder, and the water swept harmlessly by below his feet. He scrambled up the last few rungs, through the trapdoor, and up onto the snow-blanketed roof. A large object lay ahead of him, swathed in a tarpaulin which he hastily yanked off. Revealed was a boxy piece of Onu-Koronan tech, a jumble of pumps, pipes and cables with a trio of funnel-like appendages at the top. He reached for the lever that would turn it on.


  • 0

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

 


#7672 Offline Krayzikk

Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 16-September 08
  • 14,106 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 14 2017 - 04:25 PM

IC:

"Depends on what we want to play." The former Force officer bridge-shuffled the cards, setting them face down on a chair in front of him. Without an actual table, it was probably the best surface he'd get. "Anyone here know how to play rummy? Simpler than teaching poker."


  • 0

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG


#7673 Offline EmperorWhenua

EmperorWhenua
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 23-December 05
  • 9,680 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 15 2017 - 11:12 PM

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Leah was by far the quickest between them and had wasted no time before making a spectacular entrance to the Legacy's holdfast, and Sulov and Stannis waited a breath longer before they, too, charged for the door. Their sister entered like a quick tsunami, decimating and blinding; Stannis' traits lended for a more calculated, if still destructive, introduction. 

 

Like his sister before him he quickened his pace incrementally before running full sprint. Taking after his elemental predecessor, the Maru of Stone was slow to act but nigh-impossible to halt once in motion. His footfalls were heralded by quakes and rumbles, and he aimed his charge at the wall on the right of the shattered doorway with unflinching determination. The guard who had stood on that side of the door and been bowled over by Leah's attack had somehow managed to regain his standing and made an attempt at doing his duty, directing his lance at Stannis' hulking mass, but Stannis' staff intercepted the weapon and he swept the guard and his weapon off his feet and to the side with an effortless grace Joske would have paid to spectate. 

 

When Stannis reached the wall, he was nothing less than a wrecking ball. Ice and mortar crumbled as his body tore through the structure, leaving shards and splinters falling behind him and a toa-sized hole that rapidly expanded as the wall's integrity faltered. Though not as graceful as Leah had been, his steps did not feel impeded by the still-sloshing water in the slightest, and he strode assuredly through the water without the slightest hint of slip. Leah's latest stroke—her twin walls of water—were falling then, and the rivulets that had an instant before been a dense warding screen were clapping to the floor like the wall behind. 

 

His eyes drank in the scenario, taking stock of the few remaining holdout warriors in the chamber. His instinctive mind immediately recognized the danger the toa of lightning posed in the room, and with a thought encased the toa's hands with blocks of stone, smothering the electricity that she had sparked. He planted his feet then, abruptly bringing his charge to a halt, and stood thence as a veritable statue. Mirroring him, on the other side of the chamber, Sulov had done similarly.

 

The Toa Maru had arrived. 


  • 1

#7674 Offline Eyru

Eyru
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 13-July 04
  • 4,840 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 18 2017 - 02:02 PM

The swordsman was done playing. It was time to wrap up this bout.

 

IC

 

This is how it ends.

 

With a bang. With fire and smoke and the wind howling in your ears. With hot blood and cold steel.

 

Eisen falls like a star. Too late, the Maru realizes his error. He has moved too quickly. Struck too soon. His flames kiss the snow into extinguishing water. Suicide.

 

Time winds down like a dying clock. They are frozen here, in this heartbeat that holds for a thousand years.


  • 0

#7675 Offline Conway

Conway
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 30-January 11
  • 4,757 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 19 2017 - 11:11 PM

IC:

 

Sulov charges and the wall gives way.

 

(Ceramic plating on the left shoulder to absorb the impact of the rock and ice. Leaves my right hand free for what I find on the other side.)

 

To his left is his Commander, surveying the battlefield. His sister races ahead of them, and from the way that she zig-zags across the floor, Sulov's gaze moves upwards to the Vortixx among the catwalks, guns in hand. Stannis has handled the Toa of Lightning for the time being, and the other guards are still reeling, washed away by Leah's waves. Not a problem for now. Sulov only needs to pull a grenade from his belt, reach back--

 

(--and see an open hatchway to the roof, a ladder coming down from it.)

 

Sulov hurls the grenade, parabolic, so that it will hit the catwalk at enough distance from one of the snipers to stun them, not to kill. 

 

"They're calling for backup," he says to his Commander. "Help me seal the warehouse."

 

-Void


Edited by Conway, Nov 19 2017 - 11:15 PM.

  • 0
 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users