Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

I think it's safe to say...Velika.jpg

As soon as the social media issues are fixed regarding Greg's community inactivity, we should send him this first thing.Interesting how we went from:"Dweller? Krakua? Kapura? Helryx? TSO? Miserix?"to:"Hydraxon? Krakua? Dume?"to:"Velika? Could it be Hydraxon? No, but... Yes, but... Velika?"to:"Yes! Definitely Velika! We have a winner!" Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I think it's safe to say...Velika.jpg

As soon as the social media issues are fixed regarding Greg's community inactivity, we should send him this first thing.Interesting how we went from:"Dweller? Krakua? Kapura? Helryx? TSO? Miserix?"to:"Hydraxon? Krakua? Dume?"to:"Velika? Could it be Hydraxon? No, but... Yes, but... Velika?"to:"Yes! Definitely Velika! We have a winner!"
Of course. Speculation was on a grand scale, but luckily, we used SCIENCE!~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

I think it's safe to say...http://i969.photobuc...rnum/Velika.jpg

As soon as the social media issues are fixed regarding Greg's community inactivity, we should send him this first thing.Interesting how we went from:"Dweller? Krakua? Kapura? Helryx? TSO? Miserix?"to:"Hydraxon? Krakua? Dume?"to:"Velika? Could it be Hydraxon? No, but... Yes, but... Velika?"to:"Yes! Definitely Velika! We have a winner!"
The science of someone finding out that his name practically shouted "Great Being" if you saw what it actually meant? YEP!

The science of someone finding out that his name practically shouted "Great Being" if you saw what it actually meant? YEP!
Cave Johnson would be very proud.~Tobi

No, Cave Johnson would be proud if the Great Being was killing his victims with his flammable lemons. Or kidnapping people and forcing them to practically commit suicide for science. No, Cave Johnson would only be mildly impressed, sorry.

No, Cave Johnson would be proud if the Great Being was killing his victims with his flammable lemons. Or kidnapping people and forcing them to practically commit suicide for science. No, Cave Johnson would only be mildly impressed, sorry.
True. He would be impressed with our use of science, however! Just... not completely. He would prefer it if the GB was controlling an army of mantis men!~Tobi

True. He would be impressed with our use of science, however! Just... not completely. He would prefer it if the GB was controlling an army of mantis men!~Tobi
Or using trace amounts of time travel. Hopefully, GB will know not to make eye contact with himself... Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time - entirely. Forward and backward.

Or using trace amounts of time travel. Hopefully, GB will know not to make eye contact with himself... Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time - entirely. Forward and backward.
And of course, on Voya Nui, they couldn't afford $8 worth of moon rocks, let alone $8 Billion, but the GB bought 'em anyway! Ground 'em up and turned 'em into a gel. And guess what?! Moon rocks are pure poison! He is now deathly ill...~Tobi

And of course, on Voya Nui, they couldn't afford $8 worth of moon rocks, let alone $8 Billion, but the GB bought 'em anyway! Ground 'em up and turned 'em into a gel. And guess what?! Moon rocks are pure poison! He is now deathly ill...~Tobi
Then we cover him in Repulsion Gel... I hear that it doesn't like the humanoid skeleton. A bit of mercy...

Then we cover him in Repulsion Gel... I hear that it doesn't like the humanoid skeleton. A bit of mercy...
That's assuming the GB has a humanoid skeleton.~Tobi

That's assuming the GB has a humanoid skeleton.~Tobi
GBs are typically described as such. Head, torso, two arms, two legs, etc.

Tren Krom. It would be logical for such an unlikely character to be the great being. After all, who would guess it was him.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Except the incognito Great Being is alive, and Tren Krom is dead, or at least seems to be. I guess it's possible that he survived being blown up and one of the chunks he left behind is crawling around carrying out his plots. But then I also think it was said that the GB was in a biomechanical body, and TK is completely biological.But even if most of us think it's Velika, Greg's already decided the answer and just not revealed it, right? I wish he could spare a little time to answer this and the other Big Questions, even if he has to wrap the serials up early.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Tren Krom. It would be logical for such an unlikely character to be the great being. After all, who would guess it was him.

In addition, he was created prior to Mata Nui's awakening, and it says that the Great Being's body could definitely have been created by Mata Nui. Also, since he was trapped underground on an island, he couldn't really observe particularly well.

What about Velika, then?

Well, he's our main guess. Although he technically was on VN for 1000 years, the MU is much older than that, and the GC was just a setback that couldn't be avoided. Plus, he was able to observe the way Matoran lived on VN exclusively for 1000 years. That's gotta be something, right?~Tobi

What about Velika, then?

Well, he's our main guess. Although he technically was on VN for 1000 years, the MU is much older than that, and the GC was just a setback that couldn't be avoided. Plus, he was able to observe the way Matoran lived on VN exclusively for 1000 years. That's gotta be something, right?~Tobi
well we could say the same for the mata-nui matoran since they were cut off from alot of technology and had no memories of their previous lives. that would be more interesting to observe than a bunch of matoran scraping for survival. even though things hint at velika i still hold with my theory that it is Darkness

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

What about Velika, then?

well we could say the same for the mata-nui matoran since they were cut off from alot of technology and had no memories of their previous lives. that would be more interesting to observe than a bunch of matoran scraping for survival. even though things hint at velika i still hold with my theory that it is Darkness
True, true, you have a point that it could be him, and you are right about the MN Matoran, but very few really had a large enough story role for us to look at, I think.~TobiEDIT: Oh geez, um... guys... I think I just noticed something. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for Velika, and I really hope you all find ways to destroy what I'm about to tell you... but what if Pohatu is the Great Being?Now, I know, he was in a Toa Canister and was unable to observe, and was later on Mata Nui, but, I'm just wondering. The only reason I say this is because I was re-reading The Powers That Be, and in the first chapter, Pohatu finds Karzahni's dead body. Now, he saw Karzahni before Kopaka, and it's technically possible that he could have just created the blade and killed him. I don't like this theory, but I just saw it and it concerns me, so I thought I'd bring it up. Feel free to kill it with fire. Edited by Makuta'sdarkslave

What about Velika, then?

True, true, you have a point that it could be him, and you are right about the MN Matoran, but very few really had a large enough story role for us to look at, I think.~TobiEDIT: Oh geez, um... guys... I think I just noticed something. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for Velika, and I really hope you all find ways to destroy what I'm about to tell you... but what if Pohatu is the Great Being?Now, I know, he was in a Toa Canister and was unable to observe, and was later on Mata Nui, but, I'm just wondering. The only reason I say this is because I was re-reading The Powers That Be, and in the first chapter, Pohatu finds Karzahni's dead body. Now, he saw Karzahni before Kopaka, and it's technically possible that he could have just created the blade and killed him. I don't like this theory, but I just saw it and it concerns me, so I thought I'd bring it up. Feel free to kill it with fire.
The Toa Mata and the Mata Nui Matoran received memory damage at some point. So no. Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Oh geez, um... guys... I think I just noticed something. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for Velika, and I really hope you all find ways to destroy what I'm about to tell you... but what if Pohatu is the Great Being?Now, I know, he was in a Toa Canister and was unable to observe, and was later on Mata Nui, but, I'm just wondering. The only reason I say this is because I was re-reading The Powers That Be, and in the first chapter, Pohatu finds Karzahni's dead body. Now, he saw Karzahni before Kopaka, and it's technically possible that he could have just created the blade and killed him. I don't like this theory, but I just saw it and it concerns me, so I thought I'd bring it up. Feel free to kill it with fire.

The Toa Mata and the Mata Nui Matoran received memory damage at some point. So no.
Chaos Dralcax is right. This is from the first post in this topic:

Though not directly stated by Greg, we can infer that the Great Being cannot be:

• [*]Any Toa Nuva -- The Toa Nuva suffered amnesia as the Toa Mata during their time in stasis. Kopaka and Tahu are already crossed off the list of potential candidates.[*]Any Toa Mahri -- They suffered the mind wipe from 2004 as Matoran.[*]Any Former Spherus Magna Inhabitant -- We can infer that no former Spherus Magna inhabitant is housing the Great Being's consciousness as the being is inside someone who was in the Matoran Universe.

Chaos Dralcax is right. This is from the first post in this topic:

Though not directly stated by Greg, we can infer that the Great Being cannot be:

• [*]Any Toa Nuva -- The Toa Nuva suffered amnesia as the Toa Mata during their time in stasis. Kopaka and Tahu are already crossed off the list of potential candidates.[*]Any Toa Mahri -- They suffered the mind wipe from 2004 as Matoran.[*]Any Former Spherus Magna Inhabitant -- We can infer that no former Spherus Magna inhabitant is housing the Great Being's consciousness as the being is inside someone who was in the Matoran Universe.

OH JEEZ THANK YOU. I haven't read the first post in a while, so I couldn't remember if he was applicable, and I was reading the story... thank you for clearing that up. PHEW.~Tobi

This is getting off topic...Anyways, I seem to recall something along the lines that the Great Being was mentioned in the original topic. When I checked back a while ago, I wasn't able to find the original topic, so I can't check to make sure. Does anyone remember something similar (or does anyone have the URL to the archived topic)? If that turns out to be the case, it would mean that we could create a list with all of the potential candidates. I realize that the general consensus is that it's Velika, but it might help us guess more definitively who the Great Being is, and it would guarantee that we wouldn't miss anything.

Edited by Infrared

This is getting off topic...Anyways, I seem to recall something along the lines that the Great Being was mentioned in the original topic. When I checked back a while ago, I wasn't able to find the original topic, so I can't check to make sure. Does anyone remember something similar (or does anyone have the URL to the archived topic)? If that turns out to be the case, it would mean that we could create a list with all of the potential candidates. I realize that the general consensus is that it's Velika, but it might help us guess more definitively who the Great Being is, and it would guarantee that we wouldn't miss anything.

I didn't even realize there was another topic. Sorry. Anyone else know where they could find it?~Tobi

I didn't even realize there was another topic. Sorry. Anyone else know where they could find it?~Tobi
Found it. It's in the Archives, but it has some useful info. Edited by Ice the Great

So Velika is everyone's main guess, probable because his motor mouth represented the ideas in his head, though i THINK he did affected the plot, and we must guess a character that did NOTHING to the plot...absolutely NOTHING...

We've tried looking at that, but to be honest, there are quite a few of those, and in my honest opinion, there are very few characters that fall under that category that would be chosen, because then we would not be able to guess who it was based on what they've done. Besides, most of those "useless characters" are Matoran that were on Mata Nui, all of whom we can assume worked in Metru Nui to keep the robot working. There is nothing that suggests any of them did not, and would therefore, fall under the category of being the GB.~Tobi

Hmm, random guess. Could it possibly be any Dark Hunters? Of course, many of them are insane and horribly mutated, but a few could work.

The OP gives a quote from Greg that the GB is not TSO because "he was in the MU to observe, not sabotage its running by causing trouble and disruption." Pretty much every other Dark Hunter is trying to sabotage and destroy, so that would seem to preclude the possibility of the GB being a Dark Hunter.~B~

Hmm, random guess. Could it possibly be any Dark Hunters? Of course, many of them are insane and horribly mutated, but a few could work.

The OP gives a quote from Greg that the GB is not TSO because "he was in the MU to observe, not sabotage its running by causing trouble and disruption." Pretty much every other Dark Hunter is trying to sabotage and destroy, so that would seem to preclude the possibility of the GB being a Dark Hunter.~B~
Well like i have said i believe it could be Darkness. he as far as we have not done anything to actually sabotage the matoran universe. he is just always watching the shadowed one and as said he has had to punish some dark hunters but that is not directly doing any harm to the matoran universe. and obviously he either has the powers or the fighting skills to kill the dark hunter. but yes alot of things point to velika but i still insist that darkness is the GB.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Well, I just like trying to think outside the box, and not Velika, because if there's a prize for guessing it right, only the first person gets it anyways, so why say "I think it's Velika" every post? And what about Mantax? He was quiet, didn't do much in the story. He was also important and created by Mata Nui.EDIT: Well, as long as GB get powerhungry.

Edited by Click

And what about Mantax? He was quiet, didn't do much in the story. He was also important and created by Mata Nui.

Bear in mind that he tried to take over the universe. Doesn't seem like something a pure observer would try.~B~