Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:"I suppose I should tell you about where to find the spider venom" Skaarn said. "Like, I've already told you, they are almost exclusively found underground in Kini-Nui. However, for obviosu reasons, you lot don't seem very keen on going there. Luckily though, the spider Rahi are only almost exclusively there. They can also be found in Onu-Wahi. Seem a little more promising?" Skaarn wondered what Madrihk's response would be.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Madrihk

IC: "I agree to the terms stated before me." Lerongu said to Madrihk.
"Then welcome to the Island Liberation Squad," Madrihk said, and shook the Matoran's hand. "I can assure you that the hive was only the beginning. Stick around and you'll most likely see us do even greater things in the future."
Skaarn
"Onu-Wahi... yes, that sounds a lot better. It's a shame that the Onu-Matoran already left, or I would have asked them to search for these spiders you mention. I don't trust you yet, but ignoring a possible lead would not be very smart."The Toa of Ice suddenly recalled something.When I sent messengers to Onu-Koro before the hive attack, he thought, they returned much later than expected and told me that there had been a major collapse in the Great Mine. Was it a random terror attack, or was it deliberately done to shut off these spiders? If they even exist and really can unfasten a Parakuka, that is..."Where in Onu-Wahi would they be found?" he asked Skarn. "Underground, of course, but do you know if they prefer any specific type of environment down there?"

IC:Skaarn smild again. This was proving to be a...fun day, and it seemed Madrihk had taken the bait."Not particularly. I know they live quite deep, deeper in those tunnels than most would care to venture. If not, more people would have seen them by now. If I had to venture a guess, perhaps in large caverns with many smaller access tunnels connecting- that way they could easily escape as well as wait for unsuspecting prey in the dark."Lantz launched another attack on Skaarn's mind in an attempt to regain control of his Hordika body.I will defeat you.Be quiet!!!

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Madrihk"That is not what I asked," Madrihk barked. "You have yet to explain how these spiders, combined with Energized Protodermis, forms a solution to the Parakuka problem! If anything, dipping spiders in EP sounds like the method for creating them, not removing them!"

IC:"You misunderstand" Skaarn began. He wondered why he had thought Madrihk had asked about the spiders. He hoped it didn't have anything to do with Lantz."You don't dip the spiders in Energized Protodermis. You have to mix their venom, one of the greatest anastethics in the entire universe with the venom. The EP will amplify its effects a hundred fold, and more. If you give the solution to the Turaga, the mixture will spread to the Parakuka, kill the parasites and leave the Turaga unharmed. Dangerous I know, but so is everything worth anything."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: MadrihkA few seconds of silence."In that case we would have to test it on someone else first."He eyed Baneless for a second, but decided that it would seem to immoral to use him either."Right. The spiders would actually be the easy part, were we to try this. We would be hard pressed to find even a drop of Energized Proto without Makuta noticing, however."

IC:From behind Mahdrik, a tired voice broke into the conversation."Indeed not," it said, "But won't we have any say in this process?"It was Turaga Vakama. He and the other Turaga had been awake for a few minutes, but had been too exhausted to move, even speak. The Turaga of Ta-Koro was first among them to summon the energy, and as Mahdrik wheeled around to eye the cage, Vakama sat upright and eyed him. "Why are we still in a cage?" he demanded.

test2.png

IC: 'In case you don't remember, Vakama, you and the other five were kidnapped by Makuta and fitted with the bizzare slugs you can now see on each other's backs. They made you go bezerk and attack us when we fought to destroy the Nui Rama hive, which we suceeded with, you will be pleased to hear. If you want some better idea of what they are, talk to the Vortixx in the cage over there. What I do know is that they're parasites that can temporarily make you Turaga powerful enough to destroy a Rahkshi. Until you can prove you are not under Makuta's mind control thanks to these creatures, the Island Liberation Squadron has found it necessary to cage you, even if we wish we could do otherwise." Cy answered.OOC: Answering Vakama's question.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: Madrihk"Turaga!"The Toa of Ice strode over to the iron cage; the rest of the team turning their attention to it as well."We thought it best to keep you all contained given the events that transpired earlier. Do you even remember what happened?"

Edited by Katuko

IC: Various MatoranKauma, who had been standing around, half on guard, and half to follow the events that were transpiring, smiled at the sound of Vakama's voice, his heart skipping a beat in happiness knowing his leader was no longer a monster. He looked past Madrihk to get a glimpse of the Turaga, inside hoping that the Takara leader of Ta-Koro would recognise him, and outside just looking like a grumpy old man.Several other Matoran from various villages gathered round to view their village elders, some grateful they were awake, some just curious, and others slightly cautious of what could happen.

IC:"No," Vakama replied with a sad grimace. "I remember. But it feels as though those memories are from another life, not mine. Perhaps I wish them to feel that way. We all do."The other Turaga made noises of assent, nodded grimly; except Onewa, who seemed too preoccupied with his own grief to recognize the conversation around him, the village elders had all awoken, and were propping their exhausted bodies up to sit. The Parakuka on their backs hissed as they too awoke, wiggling weakly against the backs of their hosts. Those who had gathered around the cage instinctually recoiled. "Worry not," Vakama assured them, his own Parakuka feebly writhing against his back. "They are as tired, if not more tired, than we are. They will not transform us again."Holding onto the wooden bars of the cage, Vakama gradually brought himself to standing, shaking with tiredness; he almost fell backwards, but Whenua's hands steadied him as he stood. Vakama smiled grimly. "As you can see, we are quite weak," he said. "These infernal beasts that Makuta paired us with... they are eerie things. They sucked us all dryer than we have ever been, when we..." Vakama did not want to finish his sentence, but he did anyway. "When we turned on our own people. It... it wasn't our choice..."Nokama chimed in, seeing that Vakama was faltering. She seemed to be faring slightly better than he, for when she stood, it was on slow, but sure, legs. "The moment of our transformation is inexplicable," she said. "The most complete confusion; the first binding of two minds was utter chaos within ourselves. In that chaos, Makuta's servant," her voice took on a tone of disgust, "He was able to direct the turmoil; a strong mind in the midst of our confusion was able to take advantage of us. He told us that the people below us... our own people... were enemies, and that they must be slain. In the ecstasy of our new power, we saw no reason to doubt him." Nokama pursed her lips, glared at the ground in her shame."Our actions were not our own," Vakama added.

test2.png

IC:"So, it seems the village elders awaken. And it seems you treat them even worse than me, still keeping them in cages" Skaarn said haughtily. "A very likely explanation, Vakama. Of course, if your actions were your own, you wouldn't rightly say so, would you?"Before the Turaga of Fire could answer Lantz launched another attack against Skaarn."Quiet you insolent weakling!" Looks like you made a small mistake.Skaarn turned white. The devilish Lantz had forced Skaarn to speak to him aloud, making Skaarn look like a madman to Madrihk, the Turaga and all others present. He would make Lantz regret that.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Kethrye -Kethrye stomach turned, his disgust at what the Makuta had done resurfacing. He ignored Skaarn's continued ravings and strode over to the cage the Turaga where contained within. "Still, whether or not you were aware of you actions when you went berserk, it did do it," Kethryre answered, looking down into the cage. "And, if Makuta was able to do it once, surely he could do it again."

OOC:Lotango, you might want to know that Agori are not a legal play species in The BZPRPG.IC: Vorok snorted and said, "So how do we know that you are still acting under your own will now, then?" Vorok's shield was embedded in the ground behind him, and he leaned his muscular form against it, arms crossed, as he spoke.

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: MadrihkMadrihk completely ignored Skaarn, though he made note of the curious fact that the Hordika appeared to be speaking to himself at times. The Turaga had just said they were not in control of themselves, and according to some team members Skaarn had screamed at them during the battle, telling them to attack him. Was this a split personality, a side effect of the mutation? Did Makuta force mind-control upon all his servants?Madrihk recalled his brief infection during the Island Liberation Squad's first trek through the jungle. His Kanohi had been tainted, and he had felt himself compelled to attack everyone around him for the short minute it took for them to pry the mask off his face. The Toa of Ice felt certain that both the Parakuka and the Hordika mutation used similar methods. However, these things were more firmly stuck to the victim than any mask could hope to be...Madrihk bowed his head once, to Vakama, before speaking again."Turaga, I deeply apologize for the less than worthy accommodations you are being held in. We will provide you with food, drink and whatever other comforts we can find for you. Shelter, a more private place to rest and sleep than these crude cages. However, even though these things that Makuta has stuck to you are tired as well, I must agree with my fellow Toa here: I can't risk the lives of anyone present. Until we either separate the creatures from you or we find some way to ensure that they won't trigger on Makuta's whim... we must keep watching you."Madrihk looked over at Nuju, the Turaga from his own village. Did the Turaga recognize him? Probably not. Even if he did, it would hardly matter. The Toa of Ice and his team would now become the Turaga's first line of defense against the Parakuka."It would help if you could tell us everything you know about them.They are quite a recent appearance on this island, and unlike Rahi and Rahkshi neither of us have seen one before. Yet I know you elders know things we don't, and just a short while ago we met with a Vortixx that has slug stuck to his back as well. He called it a Parakuka. The seemingly mad mutation victim over there claims that he knows a cure, but we don't know if we can trust him. Could you confirm if any of this is correct, Turaga?"

Edited by Katuko

IC: Reordin (Pala-Koro, Le-Wahi)Reordin leaned against a hut near the cage, a cigarette in his mouth, his cold blue eyes boring into Turaga Nuju, who sat in one of the corner's of the cage. Did he see him? Would he recognize him? He had stood guard over the Turaga during many times of local crisis; surely, if he caught the elder's eye, he would at least be recognized. But for now, ex-Lieutenant Saporta sat in thought, staring through the soft smoke that drifted upwards as he examined the Ko-Turaga.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Gyren stopped at a particular tree after a few more minutes of walking. Three horizontal lines had been cut into the bark. The young Toa smiled and kicked the tree a few times until a rope ladder finally dropped down from his hut. For some odd reason, he was panting heavily and seemed rather sluggish."L-let's go. I need to take a rest for a moment..." Gyren commented as his voice wavered.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: He stumbled occasionally, righting himself at the last second. He trudged on through ashes and muck and blood. But he walked forth yet.Can't last longer. Meet up with remnants.Sulov Koskium's coat flapped a little in his march into the ruins of the Hive, the matoran dripping with the blood of his last victory. His eyes scanned it for people as his feet moved automatically to push him forwards.He was determined to find people. Not because he wished to tell them of his accomplishment...This was based on a desire to warn them of future attack coupled by one to find shelter. The ex-commander was on his last legs.So he searched the site for hours. He trudged on through the piles of charred wall and bodies alike, looking for sapience. At the last, he concluded that there was none.Sulov sighed. He stood and looked at the smoldering remains of battle, red droplets trailing from his armor to the earth beneath his feet. He knelt and sent forth a short prayer for those who had died and those who had lived alike.Then he turned and made his way off into the jungle. He had fulfilled his duty to honor the dead and bless the living. Now he was to fulfill his duty to ensure he lived to the next day.OOC: [brief] timeskip initiated.

Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:"In some ways, we are as much in the dark as you," Whenua said in his usual bass voice, albeit with the tremor of one too long awake. "We have no knowledge regarding the nature of the Parakuka, these slugs that Makuta has bonded to us, save that when they... how can I put this...""Became awake-alive?" contributed Matau."Yes, awake," Whenua agreed. "But more than awake. They woke up, but to a degree none of us has ever awoken before - it was as though the Parakuka was instantly filled with energy, so much energy that much of it ran into our own bodies, turned us into the beasts you saw. The sensation of power, it was incredible..." Whenua's eyes grew distant. "It was like being a Toa again, but even stronger.""Stronger, but with less control," Vakama qualified, chastising Whenua. "Because when the Parakuka woke in us, their minds merged with our own, and we thought as one being. Their savage urges became ours, and we were powerless to control ourselves when the Shadow Toa commanded us. The Parakuka's presence is still at the back of my mind - at the back of all of our minds - but it feels separated, now, not like it did before. I speak to you now as I always have, save with the gentle tug of another dormant consciousness attached to mine.""We know of no cure," Nokama said, addressing another of Mahdrik's questions. "I am sure that if there is one, it is buried deep in Makuta's mind. But I think that, with enough caution, trying ideas could not hurt."

test2.png

IC-Dendron:"Do you think it possible to argue with, and maybe teach, these Parakuka?" Dendron asked. "They seem more...intelligent, than Kraata. As though they may not be inherently evil, the way you describe them. Yours seem to rely more on instinct than though, from what you described...could they possibly be young specimens?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kethrye -One of Kethrye's eyebrows raised in a way that suggested an unexpected but not surprising reveal. "You were once Toa," Kethrye said, his tone indicating a statement, not a question. "That's a new bit of information. . ." Shocking twist? No, he thought. Toa transform into Turaga when their destiny is completed, simple.He listened as several of the others suggested methods for dealing with the current situation. Kethrye turned his head and briefly turned his head towards the other being nearby with a Parakuka before speaking again addressing the Turaga. "Ahem, We also found another being with one of those creatures bonded to him; Don't know how true the things he's been telling us about them are, seems to match up with what you've told us, though."

Edited by BenLuke-116

IC(Salav)

"Sad-sorry, boys. Looks like I win-rule again," a sly voice says from the end of the large table. The sound of widgets being pulled toward him was almost as loud as the many moans that sounded out from the other Le-Matoran."Karz, Stalav, how do you always beat-stomp us all?" a small Matoran asks."It's easy-simple," the one called Stalav says as he leans forward in his chair. His mischievous face suddenly turned serious as if he were about to tell them his deepest secret to success. "I'm. Just. Great-better than you," the Matoran replies before sounding out another loud laugh. The moans began to rise from the table once more. He places the widgets in a bag and throws it over his shoulder while standing up. "Sorry, but I must be go-leaving now. It's been fun hurt-beating you all, but it does get old-ancient. But, never you worry-fret, I'll be back tomorrow-day!" he calls out while walking out of the door onto the streets of Le-Koro.Another happy-night, another fortune-haul.The Matoran smiles to himself while hiding the widgets underneath his large, expensive over coat. He begins to whistle a merry Le-Matoran tune to himself, the sounds of his song and footsteps echoing throughout the street. His hands were immediatly to his head to look as he were straightening the hat that lie on his unmasked face. But, instead, he was hiding the extra cards he always kept with him. He had a busy day and it was time to go home and count his money and plan for the next day. Tomorrow would be another day full of conning others, bribes, and the usual, but now he "deserved" a good night's sleep.And Leena will be up-waiting for me tonight.His smile brightens as he walks faster toward his hut on the opposite side of town; knowing a beautiful Ga-Matoran would be there waiting for him.OOC: Open for interaction.-Mef Man

Edited by Mef Man

IC: Vorasku walked up to a matoran [stalav] who was making a lot of noise. "Do you wish to join my orginisation?" he asked the matoran, noticing the bag over his shoulder.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Vorasku, annoyed by the matoran's arrogance, said "No, it is not a fan club, it is a group of evil warriors. One day we shall subjugate the island.", he said in a triumphant voice.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET