Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC-Dendron:"Like I said earlier," Dendron drawled, "A tree isn't really a cage." Dendron willed the tree away, then formed a bamboo cage around Skaarn, with evenly spaced bars and what-not. "That's a cage." The bamboo sticks fell apart, however, leaving Skaarn as he was shackled by the iron already."But whatever."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kethrye -"So, there's not really anything we can do, is there?" Kethrye said, mentally deciphering the wording of the doctor's examination. "Unless the Turaga make some sort of amazing reveal about it once. . . if they wake up."
IC: (Doc Verik)"Unfortunately yes, without more evidence, and hard evidence at that, there isn't much we can do," I sighed, looking at the transformed Turaga with my arms crossed. "I would hope so but I wouldn't hold my breath."I tapped my fingers against my forehead. A lot of it was guesswork really, if I had more information, some evidence set in stone. Still as I looked over each Turaga, I noticed roughly the same things, however six examples were still six examples. I couldn't test their danger unless I actually went through with a surgery...if I did try such a thing...there was a possibility they would be dead. No, I couldn't risk it, yet.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: (Doc Verik)"I don't think that would work," I said. "Then again masks aren't my speciality, so I don't know for sure." I could understand why the rest of them were grasping at straws, we could lose the Turaga and what would we do then?OOC: Taken from the wiki.The Mask of Psychometry is a Kanohi that allows its user to learn details about the past of an object by making physical contact with it. While the user can see something of an object's past, they have no real control over how much information they actually receive. This power cannot be used on more than one object at a time, nor does it work on living beings.

Edited by The Mask

IC: Kethrye -"The Turaga are still wearing their kanohi, correct?" Kethrye remarked, a thoughtfully look across his face. "If we remove them the new guy here could use his mask and try to piece together what happened to them in the time since their disappearance. It'l at least be worth an attempt. . ."

Edited by BenLuke-116

IC: Kethrye -"Well, they're been out cold since we took out the hive," Kethrye replied. "The after affects of whatever happened to them back there seems to have leave them unconscious afterword."Th Toa of Ice shrugged, pausing to glance over at the others, Dendron seened to have ceased threatening the prisoner with various methods of painful death. "Really, waiting's the only way we're going to figure out what's going on here, and why."​Hidden Lines, What's that supposed to mean? he thought, still reviewing yesterday's events within his mind. Whatever that is, I sure hope the Turaga have at least a vague idea. There's mothing worse then a unsolved mystery. . .

Edited by BenLuke-116

IC: ZealokanDekuna's pillow hit him square across the face, sending him spinning, before flopping to the ground. 'Cease fire!' He yelled jokingly, before forming a field of outward kinetic force, repelling all pillows (and combatants) away from him.IC: PayigesActivating her Calix, she back-flipped out from behind the chair, across the room, and right behind Dekuna. 'Fear not, I come bearing gifts!' She yelled, before swinging two pillows at the Toa of Sonics.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC (Ketan)Le-Koro was full of wounded warriors. The attack on the Nui-Rama hive had been fraught with injuries and casualties. Anyone lucky enough to not be dead was still affected in some way. Victory had come with an extreme cost."A Pyrrhic victory," muttered Ketan.The late afternoon sun lit up the cloudless sky over the treetop village. A cool breeze swept through the treetops, setting thousands of leaves shivering. To the east, a thin trail of smoke still wafted up from the burnt remains of the hive. Ketan had teleported over to see it closely earlier in the day, and had witnessed the giant obelisk of black stone standing out of a blackened carcass."Hidden lines..." the Toa mused aloud.This situation was full of riddles. The Turaga had miraculously been released back to the Matoran, but rumours spread of weird creatures influencing them, giving them enhanced strength in return for their minds. Some whispered that the Turaga had been infected, while others wondered if they were even the Turaga, if this was all just another trick of Makuta.Ketan wondered too, but not aloud. He kept his questions in the back of his mind, and focused on what he knew: the end was coming. Or the beginning, if you were an optimist. Either way, something was happening, and the island would never be the same. And if Ketan wanted a piece of what was coming, he needed to get moving.He looked around. His companion was, predictably, stuffing his face at a nearby cafe. The Toa's habits of overindulgence were amusing, but also irritating: he refused to take anything else seriously. He was truly the embodiment of gluttony.Ketan smiled at that. It gave him an idea, but it would have to wait. Walking over, he laid a hand on the munching Toa's shoulder."We need to get moving," he said softly. "Come."The Toa grumbled about interrupting a good meal, but reluctantly obeyed, gathering up his half-finished food and walking after Ketan. The Toa of air himself led the way to the farthest elevator, which would deposit them on the road to the shores of Le-Wahi, and the ferry to the Kumu Islets.The Toa Daedra had business in Xa-Koro.

IC:Leah listened to the doctor and Kethrye talking. From her obersvations, she had come to almost exactly the same conclusions as Verik. "There are a few options we could try to awaken them, but...it is risky. We could try to get a stimulus from poking the Parakuka, or them, a smalldose of pain, in a sensitive spot might do the trick...but it is cruel and I do not wish it. The other option I can think of is to try their senses, get something from the Turaga's huts that they are familiar with, rattle it around, hold it under their noses. It is a longshot, but if it works..."She shrugged and sighed, standing up from her crouching position at the base of the cage. "Then again, there is no guarantee that they will be the same if they wake up...you heard the shadow Toa. Makuta messed with them. If the Parakuka are really tapping into their nervous systems, who knows what their personalities are going to be like. Whatever we do, we have to be careful."--------------A few steps away, Sisk and his friends walked up to Madrihk. The ILS leader was engaged in multiple conversations, dealing with the Hordika and new recruits. So they hung back for a few minutes. And when the opportunity presented itself, Sisk approached the Toa directly. "Big-Toa Madrihk, we were think-wondering, have you decided on what to do-make of the inscription that was found on the black stone yet?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Madrihk"...The stone, yes. I spent an hour or so inspecting it, but whatever secrets it holds doesn't appear to be available to us right now. I overheard you talking about Psychometry. If anyone actually has that mask at hand, we could try using it on the stone, at least."The Toa of Ice rubbed his forehead, a bit weary from the constant back-and-forth talking."There's also several holes in it - six in total - that seem to be made to fit some unknown objects. I'm sure the Turaga might be able to shed some light on the issue, but unfortunately..."He gestured towards the unconscious village elders, silently cursing his bad luck for denying him information once again.

IC: Baneless looked with submission towards Madrihk. "I'd strengthen the bars around me, then. If my parakua is really as dangerous as you say it is, then you're in true danger. The claws I grow when this... thing is activated, are strong enough to slice through metal. It's really just a suggestion, if you don't trust me that much." Baneless was not sarcastic at all in this statement. He just wanted this over with. "Now, what questions would you ask of me?"Bane stood there, an obvious conflict going on inside his head. He could not do much, as a new member, and could not do much more that keep torture from happening to the Vortixx. He moved next to Madrihk, noticing the presence of Onyx. "If you're afraid of me, just have a Stone toa entrap me. If you're that paranoid about a Vortixx with something like a disfiguring disease, you should trap me too." Bane was slightly sarcastic, and annoyed. What right had Madrihk to imprison another being on suspicion?Mortix, now reverting back to his happy, go-lucky state, replied. "No, Viloz hasn't, but I'll be ready to listen when he does. I'll be an angel." he looked at Viloz, "So where's the party?" he said, jokingly.-Bane

Edited by General Rocka's Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

IC: [Ril]"Hey Kethreye," said Ril as he approached the other Toa. "Any luck on learning what happened?"
IC: Kethrye -"No," Kethrye said with shake his head, taking a few stepping over away from the doctor and Dervian to converse with the Toa of Fire. "The Turaga are still asleep, no telling when they'll wake up. Without them, WE probably aren't going to get very many answers. . ." He gestured back towards the Turaga, still contained within their protective iron cage. "We've learned that it's probably a bad idea to try removing those parasite things, but besides that?" Kethrye shrugged. "Nothing, really."Oh, where the karzahni did you run off to earlier, anyway?" Edited by BenLuke-116

IC: (Doc Verik)"Well I would need to experiment..."I started walking back towards this new prisoner, it was interesting to have a conscious being. "...However, I doubt our new friend here, would let me do such a thing. About those claws...what are the benefits that having one of these creatures wield? Do they interact with you? In what do they interact? How do you happen upon this Parakuka? Does it hurt? How long have you had it for?" I had so many questions, and it would be good to have more solid answers about these Parakuka.OOC: There you go Bane, tons of questions.

IC:Cy turned to Madirhk, and said, "By the way, in case you were wondering, I will be continuing to assist the ILS as a liaison between Le-Koro and Pala-Koro. My friend Vorok here came to quick-help near the good-end of the savage-battle, and he will likely do the same. As for this talk of a Mask of Physchometery, does anyone have an idea on where to find a wearer of this mask, or is someone willing to fast-buy one? Considering our current situation with so many mysteries, I think it might be a good idea to acquire one. "

Edited by Tabby: Toa of Cats

IC: "Wow. Please slow the questions. As far as I can tell, the parakua attachment is uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. Yes, the parakuka can communicate to you, but only through pictures. As far as I can tell, there are no voices telling me what to do. The parakuka, I think, gives you a short boost of... well, something. I'd guess you'd call it something like adrenaline, plus claws and your Rahkshi-like appearance. Anyway, it seems that your physical abilities are heightened, to the point where even a Pakari or a Kakama user would have a hard time fighting you. But the rush lasts only a short time, and leaves me feeling drained."He shifted uncomfortably. "As to experimenting with me, I don't think you'd get very far without being killed in the process, unless you were able to sedate me somehow. The parakuka almost takes control of my body when I'm attacked, and my reactions are instinctual. The parakuka shows me that if you kill it, you'll kill me for sure. Before you do anything, just remember that these are all educated guesses. I don't know anything for sure."-Bane

Gentlemen, it's time to spread the word. And the word is: Panic

life is not a question of how long we live, but what we do with the life we have

BZRPG profiles

OOC: I took the liberty of slightly shuffling the order of dialogue here, to make it easier to wrap around.IC: Madrihk

IC:Cy
Madrihk nodded to Cy as he spoke. "Ga-Koro might be a place to start. We'll get back to it after we deal with the Turaga. They must take priority."
"Now, what questions would you ask of me?"
"If you're afraid of me, just have a Stone toa entrap me. If you're that paranoid about a Vortixx with something like a disfiguring disease, you should trap me too."
IC: (Doc Verik)
"Just answer the doc's questions and we won't need to keep you caged for long," Madrihk said to the Vortixx. "You're right that we might need stronger bindings to actually stop you, but I think we can create those as needed. If a single Toa of Iron managed to contain a Turaga during their mutated freak-out, I think one can do so again if need be."The Toa of Ice then turned to Bane, who had just voiced his concerns. "Bane, I only worry because you know this guy and he bears what is believed to be a Makuta-created creature on his back. I don't want to mistrust you, but I tend to lean on the side of safety before courtesy."
IC: "How do I join?" Lerongu asked to Madrihk.
Madrihk smiled once more, rather congenially. "There are three simple rules to joining. One, you must not be an ally of Makuta or his associates; two, you must not cause harm to this squad or its members..." - he looked tellingly at a few select Toa standing nearby as he said this - "...and three, you must not perform rash actions that may inconvenience us. Apart from that, there is not much to say. You can come and go as you will. Joining us is just a verbal agreement, really. If you don't feel like being part of the team any longer, you are free to leave whenever. The orders I give as leader are not set in stone, either, as every team member usually gets their say in things. Just remember that for as long as you are here, it is vital that we don't step on each others toes."He looked at the longer-running members of the ILS."I think we can all agree about that. We've come this far through co-operation, and we'll succeed through further cooperation. Our problem with the issues at hand is that we have no concrete info that we can all agree upon, but I hope our new friend here can help us out there."
IC: "Wow. Please slow the questions. As far as I can tell, the parakua attachment is uncomfortable at first, but you get used to it. Yes, the parakuka can communicate to you, but only through pictures. As far as I can tell, there are no voices telling me what to do. The parakuka, I think, gives you a short boost of... well, something. I'd guess you'd call it something like adrenaline, plus claws and your Rahkshi-like appearance. Anyway, it seems that your physical abilities are heightened, to the point where even a Pakari or a Kakama user would have a hard time fighting you. But the rush lasts only a short time, and leaves me feeling drained."He shifted uncomfortably. "As to experimenting with me, I don't think you'd get very far without being killed in the process, unless you were able to sedate me somehow. The parakuka almost takes control of my body when I'm attacked, and my reactions are instinctual. The parakuka shows me that if you kill it, you'll kill me for sure. Before you do anything, just remember that these are all educated guesses. I don't know anything for sure."
"So it is at least partly sentient, then. I don't like the part where it takes control of your body - though that was expected - and I especially don't like that it likely can't be killed without killing the host. While that slug might just be trying to frighten you, we can't afford to gamble the Turaga's lives like that."Madrihk stroked the chin of his Kakama, a pondering expression on his face."Drugging the victim before attempting removal sounds like the best option, but we have no guarantee that the creature won't cancel the effect by taking over itself. If we openly try to drug either of you or even plan to drug you within airshot I suspect it might fight for its survival as well. And then the removal process might kill you even if it would otherwise be safe."He shrugged."Again, just guessing on my part. The best thing we could do would be to find some unquestionably evil character – someone that none of us would miss – with a Parakuka stuck to them and use them as our experiment. Hit them with a paralyzing sneak attack, then extract or kill the slug as soon as possible and see what happens."The Toa of Ice paused, weighing the options in his head."Of course, I fear we won't have time to scour the island for someone like that, unless... you. Vortixx. Baneless, was it? How long have you had the Parakuka attached? How did it initially get stuck to you? Is the thing... loyal to its own kind? Where did you learn its name; did it tell you itself? Have you even seen another of them before?" Edited by Katuko

IC: Kethrye -The Toa of Ice's only reaction was a brief look of bemuse that faded as soon as he realized who he was talking to. "Ah-- Oh, we also had some Vortixx with the same creature-thing on him as the ones on the Turaga, hasn't been very cooperative." He raised his fist and jabbed his thumb at Banless. "Anything happen when you were out contemplating the dead or whatever?"

Edited by BenLuke-116

IC: Kethrye -"Ah, sorry. It's getting late and I'm a bit tired, specially after the battle," Kethrye said, feeling the sound of Ril's shouting reverberate around within his ears. "Better go and talk with Madrihk, although he seems to be slightly tied up at the moment. . ."The target of Ril's shouting hopefully redirected, he paused for a second and then risked a question. "Which one were you? Good guard, bad guard?